Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Meeting Creed [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Creed

CollectiveSoul
10-12-2002, 12:32 PM
In 1997 i went to a festival called Summerfest. Creed was playing there and i stayed from beginning to end. It was when hey just releaed My Own Prison and when their fan base wasn't so strong. In the beginning Scott Stapp said "Welcome to the Creed family" and belive me i wa welcomed when they played torn right after that. They did a bunch of Blue Collar stuff. Back then they sounded so Grage Band like and i loved that! The show ended so i went to the area with all the rides adn stuff. we were heading home and i see Scott, Mark, Flip, and Brian getting some food(i think it was a one of those corn on the cob stands). Ive seen celebritys waling around summerfest many times. I saw that one guy wit hthe last name Black whos on Daily Show with Jon Stewart a lot. I go up to them and i say "hey you guys arre Creed right?" and Mark says "since he last time we checked we were" Brain then added "wait im in the wrong group! FUCK!" i laughed so hard casue Brain started running around screaming and stuff. Stapp-o was sitting there chuckling as he was eating his corn. I didn't get to say much after that but i had My Own PRision(Blue Collar.I LOST IT LAST YEAR!!!!) adn they were shocked to have a 7 year old have a copy of their original CD. "man you must reallly think highly of us dude" Scott said i said "ya i guess" so they kept eating anf some guy told them to follow him. he had on a usmmerfest shirt and tag . that was the greatest day of my life

CreedSpirit
10-12-2002, 06:02 PM
That is so cool to have seen them when they were just starting out :D I would love the opportunity to meet them one day and hope now that they have gotten so big that they are NOT evasive with the fans and keep it real just like their music :dancing:

PaulMcCoygirl
10-13-2002, 03:49 AM
Me and my best friend are still waiting for the day we meet Creed. She wants to meet Scott Stapp and I want to meet Mark. It would be so awesome if we did. I can never get luck in winning those backstage passes on the radio contest. It's not fair cuz it would be a dream come true for us! Someday, somewhere we'll meet them. I'm still praying for the day when it will come. :bounce: :D

TeriB19
10-13-2002, 04:51 AM
That's a very popular prayer on this bb, PaulMcCoygirl.:) It really would be awesome.

Steve
10-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Correction, the Summerfest show was 1998...

Also, how could you have seen the band on the OTHER end of the Summerfest grounds AFTER the show? After the nightly headliners, the grounds close. The band wouldn't have had enough time to get their gear together and walk to the other end of the grounds in time... it would have been closed.

???

TeriB19
10-13-2002, 03:16 PM
You took the skepticism right out of my mouth.

CollectiveSoul
10-13-2002, 04:03 PM
ya that Collective Soul guy is a liar. What is he tlakng about. Good thing im not like that guy.......:embarass:

Read JDM
10-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CollectiveSoul
Stapp-o was sitting there chuckling as he was eating his corn.

That right there is the funniest thing I've read all week. Bravo!

allison
10-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Busted!

CreedKevin397
10-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Yea...speaking of meeting people, I met 12 Stones at the Creed concert I went to, i'm sure a lot of people have met them because they are so fan oriented. I went up to get my autographs during Jerry Cantrell (:mad: he sucked) and Eric Weaver (guitar) signed my pick too, hes really cool....I wish I could meet Creed like that someday, but it would take 5 hours for an autograph session cuz they are so big now. Oh well. maybe someday

allison
10-14-2002, 08:24 PM
Yes, I've been really impressed with how sociable with fans 12 Stones is, especially Paul.

Read JDM
10-14-2002, 09:15 PM
12 Stones was amazing like that. When I went to get their autograph at the second of two back-to-back shows, they totally remembered meeting me the night before. That was so cool.

But I'm upset that no one else thinks the idea of Scott Stapp eating corn is funny. I especially picture him wearing a cowboy hat when he does it. Oh, well.....

CollectiveSoul
10-15-2002, 05:30 PM
i see waht you mean JDM

Dogstar
10-15-2002, 06:48 PM
[i] I went up to get my autographs during Jerry Cantrell (:mad: he sucked) [/b]

Be careful, there, mate :D, Jerry Cantrell is one of my all-time favorites as are Alice In Chains. He was awesome at the Creed show I went to (Cincinnati 8/26) and I missed meeting 12 Stones (cool band) because I didn't want to miss Jerry.

Steve
10-15-2002, 09:42 PM
Jerry Cantrell isn't the best ... but I do both like and respect his music. I just wish I was a fan of his back when Alice In Chains was around - I would die to see them in concert now back in the good ole' days.

Dogstar
10-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Oh, me, too. I never got to see them live. Something always got in the way the few times they were anywhere near me. Jerry Cantrell wrote the bulk of AIC's music, so I have a lot of respect for his writing and playing abilities. He's not as vocally sound as Layne Staley was, but he can hold his own. I really like his new CD and I can't wait to see him Nov. 9!