Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Search Function??? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Search Function???

hotforscott
02-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey Steve!

When is the Search function coming back?

I miss it!

Hasn't it been gone like a month already?

TeriB19
02-24-2003, 09:02 PM
My old friend the Search Function. I remember it like it was yesterday. Sure do miss my old buddy.;)

hotforscott
02-24-2003, 09:12 PM
LOL. Me, too.

I have been posting more because I have to go in manually to each forum instead of getting the newest ones since I last posted. I miss that part, it was easier.

Xterminator27
02-24-2003, 09:14 PM
ummm What? i never used anything like that! Where was it!? Damn i missed it!

hotforscott
02-24-2003, 09:18 PM
You never clicked View New Posts (or something like that) on your home page?

creeder
02-28-2003, 05:14 PM
I miss the search possibilitys too!!!
Can you set it on please :P

TeriB19
02-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Steve announced that the search function is on vacation until late March. We'll have to keep doing things the old fashioned way.

jango
02-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Isn't it ironic that the function we all love bites the dust whilst we waste rounds and rounds of ammunition attempting to destroy that pesky 30 second rule.

TeriB19
02-28-2003, 10:41 PM
And STILL it lives on. I'm thinking nuke.;)

Steve
02-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Just an update so you know what's going on:

I went over my bandwidth limit for the month of January, so for February I wanted to turn off the search function altogether to see if it would make much of a difference at all. Well, it didn't make any difference as for the second straight month, I have went over my bandwidth limit. My web host simply gave me more bandwidth until the end of the months and I haven't been billed by them for the extra bandwidth (Thanks to the great web host Hostmatters - if you need hosting check out www.hostmatters.com (http://www.hostmatters.com) - shameless plug) which was very nice of them.

Now that I realize that you guys post WAY too much ;) and I simply can't afford to upgrade to the next hosting plan on Host Matters at this time, I've found a few other web hosts I can move too. They offer much more bandwidth and web space which will allow me to lump CreedFeed and CreedCommunity all on the same account rather than having two separate accounts like I do now. I've narrowed it down to three different hosts and am currently determining which is the best.

So here's the plan of action: The search function will remain off for the time being. Once I decide to move to the new host that I select, I will make a notice on the forums. Once I get the forums up and running with ALL user data and posts and all that good stuff, I will officially move the board to the new web host. I will make an announcement and send out an email to everyone with the address to the new forum (because the domain can take up to 2 days to fully switch to the new web host). The move to a new web host WILL be made before the end of March.

Now to the news that will make you all happy: once I move to the new webhost, I will have LOTS and LOTS of bandwidth and web space to play with muhaha! And since I'd rather just not let it sit and waste away not being used, I will turn searching back on, turn on attachments, make avatars larger, cut the 30 second post rule (hopefully that won't be abused), increase the size of PM's and your PM boxes, etc. etc. etc.

Finally, once the that's all up and running, and I get the tshirts and other goodies ready for sale, I may increase the price of a few items by $1.00 just so I can make $1.00 per item sold. If 15-25 items get sold, that'll pay for one month hosting. I could even raise it by $2.00 so a few more months of hosting can be paid for. This is not set in stone though. I will post this information later in the CreedFeed Tshirt thread, but when the goodies do go on sale, I will post the ACTUAL price of the items so you know how much they cost before any profit is made. Then if everyone agrees to add in a buck or two, we can go from there and set a standard price for the merchandise.

Thanks everyone for the patience and hopefully we can make this the BEST Creed community on the web in no time at all!!!!

DangerousDan85
03-01-2003, 12:47 AM
I apologize for posting so much :D

TeriB19
03-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Steve I have absolutely NO problem with you making money off the items. None whatsoever! You do what you have to do to stay afloat. Creed is the reason we're all here, you are the one that's making that possible for us, and keeping everyone here happy and together. So you do whatever it takes to keep the site here and we'll do whatever you need us to do. And if anyone does have a problem with that, not to sound like a bitch, but there's the door. Don't let it hit you where the good Lord split you. ;)

Bridge of Clay
03-01-2003, 02:57 PM
hey steve! cool!

if it wasn´t for the fact I´m in Brazil, I´d buy your stuff!

Steve
03-01-2003, 06:05 PM
The site that you'd purchase the merchandise from does ship internationally...

hotforscott
03-01-2003, 06:49 PM
I agree with Teri, I have no problem with you making money off of it either, we love this site and we know it costs you to keep it up for us. Thank you so much and let us know what we can do to help.

creeder
03-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Agree with Teri Too!