Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Allison!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Allison!!!

BigBassDrummer
10-10-2002, 11:06 AM
OK, our tickets go on sale this saturday according to Creed.com, but they aren't listed on TikcetMaster! They did this to me once before and updated it the day before they went on sale, but it's starting to worry me! Any ideas? I already emailed ticketmaster.com about this and I got an email saying I'd get a reply within 48-72 hours.... a lot of good THAT will do me.:rolleyes:

allison
10-10-2002, 11:58 AM
OKay Here we go...

I just called Ticketmaster and they have no info on Creed 11/27 in Atlanta.

My other concern is that they may not even have a pit/GA section at the Atlanta show. I know, I can't imagine a Creed show without a pit, but that's what someone at Phillips told me. Has anyone ever heard of a Creed show w/out pit/ GA????? Believe it or not, this lady said that they do NOT normally have a pit/GA at Phillips but that they were "testing it out" for the Korn and Springstein shows. But then you had said they had GA at the Creed show in Jan, right??? Then I went on webtickets.com (which sells tickets to Phillips events) and it listed all the upcoming shows at Phillips. For Springstein and Dave Mathews it says "concerts with GA floor", but for Creed, Korn, and some others, it says "end stage setup"!!!

Check it out here http://www.webtickets.org/onlineordering/S...e=Philips+Arena (http://www.webtickets.org/onlineordering/SearchResults.asp?txtHeadliner=&txtVenue=Philips+Arena) (copy and paste link?)

So then I called the # on the webtickets.com website and talked to some dude who went and checked with his manager and came back on the phone and told we they WOULD have pit/GA in Atlanta. So I am thoroughly confused.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND! And I called Phillips again two days ago and that some woman told me that they still had no info on the Creed concert and she couldn't confirm that they'd have GA/pit. I'm going to try to get the head of security or operations manager right now....

.....OOOKKAAYYY, I am back after a lengthy convo w/ head of security at Phillips. He said if Creed comes, they will certainly have GA just like in Jan. Okay, that's GOOD. He also has no record of Creed there 11/27! (BAD) But he said bands post shows on their sites all the time b/f the shows are confirmed. He said most likely they are in negotiations and that would be why Phillip's website does not list Creed and why Ticketmaster doesn't either. So I am feeling very unsettled. Apparently Creed.com has jumped the gun by listing the show and especially by listing the on-sale date. This is not to say that the tickets won't go on sale Sat, but it's possible that they won't. Theoretically it is also possible that the show won't even happen at Phillips on the 27th, but most likely it will b/c Creed.com would be fairly certain of it b/f posting it.

But I still don't understand about webtickets.com. I guess they just sell tickets to shows and events along with ticketmaster? The head of security guy said he had never heard of them, that he thought they only sold tickets thru ticketmaster or at their box office. I just checked out their prices and they are outrageous. I do not think ticketmaster's are nearly that expensive. Maybe they sell to people who don't know any better and charge them a huge markup.

Ok, what do you think of all this?

BigBassDrummer
10-10-2002, 12:26 PM
here's the deal.... webtickets.com basically sells tickets for concerts they think will be sold out. That's why they sell for so expensive. The other thing is GA/PIT thing... when they say they are testing it for korn and springstein, I think they meant ONLY GA/PIT and no seats! Creed had a HUGE pit, but they also filled all the seats in the stadium... I'm glad the security guy said they still gotta confirm it. Like I said, they did this to me before, and I think they WILL go on sale in 2 days, but it won't be listed until tomorrow night or something... so keep your eyes peeled! The lady at the box office prolly doesn;t know what the heck she's talking about because they don't tell employees about upcoming concerts until they are 100% confirmed... the reason they are still negotiating is most likely because they need to come up with prices and ticket limits.

allison
10-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info about webtickets.com-you make total sense there. Okay, I am no longer worried they'll have GA-I'm sure they will. I am not really worried that they'll go on sale b/c even if they don't Sat, they will eventually. I am fairly sure there'll be a show 11/27 in Atlanta, so I guess I am not as stressed out as I was. I just really hope I can confirm tomorrow that 1) the show is confirmed and 2) that tickets will be on sale Sat. I will keep my eyes peeled, and you too, so let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

BigBassDrummer
10-10-2002, 02:51 PM
yeah the only thing I'm worried about is waking up saturday morning and finding out that they really were going on sale that morning... gosh, I'd be soooooo pissed! I'd end up having to buy some from the Creed charity or eBay and get ripped off...

allison
10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
...or Webtickets.com and pay $250! Let's keep our fingers crossed that we'll know for sure tomorrow.