Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Uncontrolable Addictions... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrolable Addictions...

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 08:11 PM
I kno that some of us have addictions and I just wanted to tell you about mine. I have nothing to hide anymore. When I was 16 I started taking diet pills...I was a little over weight and I am very self conscience about the way I look. Well that was back in 95 and I am still taking them. I wear a size 5 in jeans but when I look at myself I still feel like I'm fat:confused: Maybe I have a different form of anorexia or something...I dunno:confused: I took some thing that had ephedra in it for a while before I knew that it was harmful. I don't use anything with it now but I'm still taking diet supplements all the time...everyday. I've tried to stop but I can't:( I think I have a real problem and I don't kno how to stop:(

Bridge of Clay
02-16-2003, 09:21 PM
When I was 18 I got really addicted to this board... now I´m 19 and I more addicted to it than I was... :D :angel:

Xterminator27
02-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I kno that some of us have addictions and I just wanted to tell you about mine. I have nothing to hide anymore. When I was 16 I started taking diet pills...I was a little over weight and I am very self conscience about the way I look. Well that was back in 95 and I am still taking them. I wear a size 5 in jeans but when I look at myself I still feel like I'm fat:confused: Maybe I have a different form of anorexia or something...I dunno:confused:  I took some thing that had ephedra in it for a while before I knew that it was harmful. I don't use anything with it now but I'm still taking diet supplements all the time...everyday. I've tried to stop but I can't:(  I think I have a real problem and I don't kno how to stop:(

The only way is by getten rid of all them pills and simply trying day by day not to get anymore. Will power is the only thing u can use for that.

Well you could also smash ur head and go into a 2 month coma and when u come out (if ur alive) You may be cured. i wouldnt recomend that though

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Xterminator27
The only way is by getten rid of all them pills and simply trying day by day not to get anymore. Will power is the only thing u can use for that.  

Well you could also smash ur head and go into a 2 month coma and when u come out (if ur alive) You may be cured. i wouldnt recomend that though Gee...thanks for the advice X :doh: :help: :rolleyes:

Xterminator27
02-16-2003, 09:41 PM
No problem

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 09:52 PM
:P :angel: :D

JenRN
02-16-2003, 10:09 PM
I kno that some of us have addictions and I just wanted to tell you about mine. I have nothing to hide anymore. When I was 16 I started taking diet pills...I was a little over weight and I am very self conscience about the way I look. Well that was back in 95 and I am still taking them. I wear a size 5 in jeans but when I look at myself I still feel like I'm fat:confused: Maybe I have a different form of anorexia or something...I dunno:confused:  I took some thing that had ephedra in it for a while before I knew that it was harmful. I don't use anything with it now but I'm still taking diet supplements all the time...everyday. I've tried to stop but I can't:(  I think I have a real problem and I don't kno how to stop:(

hayley
02-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Gosh Julie that's awful to hear.

You need to go to the doctor that's all i have to say.

JenRN
02-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Well that previous post did not turn out?:confused: ANYWAYS......Julie, you really should come off the diet pills! They are really bad for you I can't stress that enough to you. Unfortunatley our society focuses too much on apperance and not health. It is very unhealthy to be on those at all and esp. for that long:eek: :eek: It can cause heart problems and all kinds of issues. GET OFF THEM NOW!!!!!!!!! Take it from an RN who sees all the effects of those pills in the hospital , it is not pretty!:(

GoodGodGirl23
02-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
When I was 18 I got really addicted to this board... now I´m 19 and I more addicted to it than I was... :D :angel:

You is Mizz Suzie Q's addiction, Hunny, come and give Suzie some..:sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :lol: :lol: :lol: :jam:

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Ya. I kno I need to quit but I don't think I can do it on my own:( I am really afraid to know what I have done to myself from taking this stuff:eek: I hear about people dying from takin ephedra and other stuff like that and that scares me:(

DangerousDan85
02-16-2003, 10:21 PM
the only person who can make you stop, is you

HigherGirl
02-16-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm addicted to smoking..I wish I could quit. Been smoking since I was 17 and I'm 30 now...I have sooo much stress in my life that I can't qiut..Not yet...I'm sad.:(

JenRN
02-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by HigherGirl
I'm addicted to smoking..I wish I could quit. Been smoking since I was 17 and I'm 30 now...I have sooo much stress in my life that I can't qiut..Not yet...I'm sad.:( That is so hard but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! It would be worth it to be healthy!!!!;)

GoodGodGirl23
02-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Ya. I kno I need to quit but I don't think I can do it on my own:(  I am really afraid to know what I have done to myself from taking this stuff:eek:  I hear about people dying from takin ephedra and other stuff like that and that scares me:(

Can you see a Dr. Julie? Or a support group or something along that line?:confused: :eek:

hayley
02-16-2003, 10:24 PM
yikes:crying:

Yes what dan said is 100% true....no one can help you but yourself. People can guide you along the way, but the only one that is actually going to get there is YOU and only you.

GoodGodGirl23
I don't want you to die Julie, I love you!!!:eek:

JulieCitySlicker
Originally posted by HigherGirl
I'm addicted to smoking..I wish I could quit. Been smoking since I was 17 and I'm 30 now...I have sooo much stress in my life that I can't qiut..Not yet...I'm sad.:(
I don't smoke but I kno all about being stressed out and sad:(

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
Can you see a Dr. Julie? Or a support group or something along that line?:confused: :eek: I was thinking about talking to somebody at my church but well it waslike 3 years ago when I thought about doing that:(

hayley
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
You need to take action now, Julie...

How old are you?

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't want you to die Julie, I love you!!!:eek:

You are a sweet heart Suzie!:angel: I no wanna either:( I'm still kinda scared of dying and I'm far from ready to:eek: :crying: :(

DangerousDan85
02-16-2003, 10:30 PM
my dad quit smoking cold turkey a long time ago

GoodGodGirl23
02-16-2003, 10:31 PM
There are prolly some support groups for that.. not?:confused: Look into it Julie!

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
You need to take action now, Julie...

How old are you?
I'm 24 Hayley!

hayley
02-16-2003, 10:34 PM
far out real?? lol i thgouth you were like 15 or something lol

Well you need to get some help, honest.

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
I kno!:(

hayley
02-17-2003, 02:02 AM
then go

souldancer
02-17-2003, 03:31 AM
Julie, Thanks for your honesty and courage to make this post and share your addiiction that many other young women share. I am sure it is tough - but you are on the right start by talking about it. Most addictions can't just be simply stopped by will. GGG gave excellent advice, have you tried any support groups? There are lots of resources out there to help - seek them, have the desire for change and most importantly know that you are worth it! You can do it - you have people that care. Hang tight - feel Creed's magical power to heal. Check back and let us know how you are doing. :)

Bridge of Clay
02-17-2003, 09:21 AM
You is Mizz Suzie Q's addiction, Hunny, come and give Suzie some..:sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :lol: :lol: :lol: :jam:

true... but I better give it to you right now! ;) :sex:

GoodGodGirl23
02-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
true... but I better give it to you right now! ;) :sex:

We bad!!...:P

Dogstar
02-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about your addiction. That is really a tough one. I will keep you in prayers so that you can get the strength and help you need to conquer it. Support groups are a good idea and most of them are free...I wish you the best. :angel:

JulieCitySlicker
02-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about your addiction. That is really a tough one. I will keep you in prayers so that you can get the strength and help you need to conquer it. Support groups are a good idea and most of them are free...I wish you the best. :angel: Thanks Dogstar:angel:

hotforscott
02-17-2003, 09:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear about it as well. Has something happened that made you start to think you were larger then you are? I mean, a size 5 is no where near fat and I am wondering if at 16 someone put those thoughts in your head. Was it society in general, as Jen said, peer pressure, or maybe a particular family member that made a few comments or something? Maybe talking to that person, or getting some type of acceptance in your mind from them, would help. I am not saying you need them, I mean, it is awful for someone to make you feel that way, but sometimes hearing the right words out of someone's mouth is a helpful cure. I am almost 24 and I have never struggled with being overweight, but I am 21 pounds underweight and everyone thinks being my size is just wonderful. I have just as much trouble finding clothes as larger people claim to have, not many people wear a 1, and a 3 is usually too big, so if I see a cute outfit, there is usually only one size 1 and usually it's already taken. I have always been anemic, I cannot give blood, I get tired all the time, I am too little to hold a good buzz, LOL, I mean, a couple of beers and I am floored. I have tried to gain weight, but I can't. It isn't all it's cracked up to be. The only time I gained weight was with pregnancy, I gained just the right amount and lost it all back. I would recommend talking to a Nutritionist as well. Someone who can help you with certain foods that make you feel better inside, sometimes when you feel better, you think more positivly. You could also try to maybe minimize the dieting with something not as harmful as pills, but that still have a dieting affect, just to ease you out of it gradually. Maybe, a slimfast every day, something with nutrients that will just step you down, until you realize you don't need any weight loss products. Maybe get a new magazine with some quick hair and make up tips and a cute new outfitt and focus on the things you do like about yourself and steer clear of the things that bother you. I always do manicures and pedicures, etc. when I feel down. Sometimes I get all my bath and body works stuff out and have a long bubble bath. I Hope this helps.

JenRN
02-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Well said Dr. Carrie Phil!;)

hotforscott
02-18-2003, 05:41 PM
LOL, Jen!

JulieCitySlicker
02-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I am so sorry to hear about it as well. Has something happened that made you start to think you were larger then you are? I mean, a size 5 is no where near fat and I am wondering if at 16 someone put those thoughts in your head. Was it society in general, as Jen said, peer pressure, or maybe a particular family member that made a few comments or something? Maybe talking to that person, or getting some type of acceptance in your mind from them, would help. I am not saying you need them, I mean, it is awful for someone to make you feel that way, but sometimes hearing the right words out of someone's mouth is a helpful cure. I am almost 24 and I have never struggled with being overweight, but I am 21 pounds underweight and everyone thinks being my size is just wonderful. I have just as much trouble finding clothes as larger people claim to have, not many people wear a 1, and a 3 is usually too big, so if I see a cute outfit, there is usually only one size 1 and usually it's already taken. I have always been anemic, I cannot give blood, I get tired all the time, I am too little to hold a good buzz, LOL, I mean, a couple of beers and I am floored. I have tried to gain weight, but I can't. It isn't all it's cracked up to be. The only time I gained weight was with pregnancy, I gained just the right amount and lost it all back. I would recommend talking to a Nutritionist as well. Someone who can help you with certain foods that make you feel better inside, sometimes when you feel better, you think more positivly. You could also try to maybe minimize the dieting with something not as harmful as pills, but that still have a dieting affect, just to ease you out of it gradually. Maybe, a slimfast every day, something with nutrients that will just step you down, until you realize you don't need any weight loss products. Maybe get a new magazine with some quick hair and make up tips and a cute new outfitt and focus on the things you do like about yourself and steer clear of the things that bother you. I always do manicures and pedicures, etc. when I feel down. Sometimes I get all my bath and body works stuff out and have a long bubble bath. I Hope this helps. Thanks so much for your post Hot for scott:( Well I started taking them at 16 because I was a size 12 or 13 in jeans and I felt miserable when I looked at myself:crying: I could never find clothes that looked right on me at all. That has been my worst weight struggle. I've not had much problem staying thin after that. I try to stay active and I walk a lot on my days off work. I just remember growing up and my Mom is over weight and my Dad he is a great guy and all but he just doesn't show that much love towards my Mom cuz of her weight:( I see my Mom going through that and I never wanna go through it ever:crying: So I take them to stay thin and so I don't gain weight:(

hotforscott
02-23-2003, 06:32 AM
I am so sorry, I just saw this thread again. I guess I had skipped over it before. I am sorry to hear about that. Has your Mom ever talked with anyone about it, or has anyone ever said anything to your Dad? Have you tried staying off of the pills seeing if the weight even comes back? If it doesn't, do you think you would be able to stay off of them? I hope things work out for you.

JulieCitySlicker
02-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I am so sorry, I just saw this thread again. I guess I had skipped over it before. I am sorry to hear about that. Has your Mom ever talked with anyone about it, or has anyone ever said anything to your Dad? Have you tried staying off of the pills seeing if the weight even comes back? If it doesn't, do you think you would be able to stay off of them? I hope things work out for you. I've never thought about asking either of them anything:( :confused: I've tried to not take them but I always end up buyin them again:rolleyes: :confused: :crying:

hotforscott
02-23-2003, 02:26 PM
I am sorry to hear that. Have you thought about seeking the help of a doctor as other's have suggested?

JulieCitySlicker
03-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Well I think I may have found a healthier alternative to this friggen addiction I have;) :P I went to the store and found this one a day supplement with weight management in it. Its got the same stuff in it as the regular one a day...so it will have stuff in it that is actually healthier than all the other stuff that I have been takin:angel: :dancing: I hope it will help me stay away from all that other crap:(

Lechium
03-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Magic: The Gathering

addicting and drains your wallet =

JulieCitySlicker
03-06-2003, 08:14 PM
I don't really get what you are tryin ta say Lech:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dogstar
03-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Julie, I think he's talking about video or online games.

JulieCitySlicker
03-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Oh ok:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P

JenRN
03-06-2003, 09:12 PM
I don't really get what you are tryin ta say Lech:confused: :confused: :confused:
Yeah he has a way with words doesn't he?

JulieCitySlicker
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Yeah he has a way with words doesn't he? Ya. I kno:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :confused:

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Julie, I think he's talking about video or online games.

it's cards, kinda like Pokemon

Dogstar
03-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks, Dan...wasn't quite sure, but I figured it was some sort of game.

Lechium
03-07-2003, 03:19 AM
Uhhhh... NOONE here knows Magic: The Gathering? Game has been around for 10 years by now. Basically trading card game, but there are thousands of different cards to choose from, so possibilities of building your deck are endless.

Idea is that players are dueling wizards, and cards represent lands (which you use for mana), enchatments and artifact (they sit on table having permanent effect), creatures and spells (fireballs, removals, additional card draws, revivials and many others which bend the rules many time). Game has a lot of strategy to it, and comparing it to Pokemon, is like comparing chess to checkers (sp?).

Game is pretty popular. Most decent comic book stores have weekly tournamnets, and lots of people play it just for fun, cuz competative Magic (especially limited drafts where you build your deck on the spot form given cards you share with oponents) is more brutal than chess tournaments.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/welcome <-- main site
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/magiconline <-- online version
www.sideboard.com (http://www.sideboard.com)
www.brainburst.com (http://www.brainburst.com)
many others...

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 03:25 AM
and I thought I was a geek, lol, jk :P

Lechium
03-07-2003, 03:39 AM
Heh. I'm anything but a geek (matter of fact I'm too wild for many fo my friends lol). Magic is a lot like chess, and there's nothing geeky about playing chess.

Dogstar
03-07-2003, 03:46 AM
I think Dan was comparing it in the sense that there are trading cards. I guess it's more popular with the younger set...I have quite a few years on you, Lechium. ;)

Lechium
03-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Well people who play Magic are mostly college students I think. Some older, few are younger, but it's not kiddies game by any means.

But yeah, you prolly outgrew it.

However some cards, like legendary Black Lotus cost 200-300 dollars a piece (you really need 4 to make a deck...), not sure if these are kids who buy these lol

Dogstar
03-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Well people who play Magic are mostly college students I think. Some older, few are younger, but it's not kiddies game by any means.

But yeah, you prolly outgrew it.

However some cards, like legendary Black Lotus cost 200-300 dollars a piece (you really need 4 to make a deck...), not sure if these are kids who buy these lol

Yikes, that's a pretty pricey game. If it's been around just 10 years, I was well out of college by then ;) so it probably never hit my radar screen. Besides, I'm trying to declutter. I can't collect any more stuff. I have too much as it is :).

Lechium
03-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Hehe
Well its not that pricey if you get by without uber cards. Most cards are priced well under a dollar.

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Heh. I'm anything but a geek (matter of fact I'm too wild for many fo my friends lol). Magic is a lot like chess, and there's nothing geeky about playing chess.

yeah i'm not a geek either, i may not have a life, but i'm not a geek, i'm more like a dork

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 04:12 PM
and this game is supposed to be fun:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lechium
03-07-2003, 08:24 PM
It is fun in a chess type of way. When you create your deck (especially combo deck) and than it plays out the way you wanted it to, it's very satisfying. There are some "fun" decks, that dont play in the usual manner, instead use wierdest combinations and stuff like that. Once you get into it, Magic is a very fun, deep and ever changing game.

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 08:34 PM
I think I'll stick ta playin skip bo;) :P :dancing:

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 08:53 PM
yeah my family always plays that game, it gets too complicated for me, lol

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 09:24 PM
I just play skip bo wit my sister:( Me misses her she lives 8 hours away from me now:crying:

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 09:29 PM
i'm addicted to love

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-07-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm addicted to CREED!!!!!!!!(and chocolate):dancing:

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
I'm addicted to CREED!!!!!!!!(and chocolate):dancing: Them is some awesome addictions;) :dancing: :dancing:

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I think so. Its' better then smoking did that for 12 years but I quit about 3 and half years ago and still going strong!!!;)

DangerousDan85
03-07-2003, 09:36 PM
yeah i'm addicted to Creed also lol

JulieCitySlicker
03-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
I think so. Its' better then smoking did that for 12 years but I quit about 3 and half years ago and still going strong!!!;) Ya;) Creed and 12 Stones are my addiction:dancing:

Lechium
03-08-2003, 04:27 AM
BTW about agegroup of Magic... check out pictures on this page... any tournament page actually heh
First guy surprised even me with his appearance

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=sideb...rd/wir/20030307 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=sideboard/wir/20030307)

Dogstar
03-08-2003, 01:11 PM
LOL, do you mean his appearance in the tournament or his appearance in general, as in age and all? That article did mention a number of *old-timers*, but it didn't give their ages, hehehe...Maybe 30 is old to them ;)?

JulieCitySlicker
03-08-2003, 01:23 PM
30 aint old Dogstar;) :dancing: I'll be 30 in like 6 years though:rolleyes: :angel: :P

Dogstar
03-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Hehehehe, I sure as hell don't think it's old, given that I'm waaaay past 30 :D! I'm just guessing the people who play this game might think so ;).