Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Do you want war? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Do you want war?

creeder
02-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Do you want war?
My opinion is that bush is a ashole, he is just after power and war... War does not make the world any better.. i think.. but i hate sadam hussein!!!!!!!
...........what do you think=

JenRN
02-15-2003, 09:00 PM
I don't think anyone wants war really, but sometimes it is necessary. I myself am a supporter of Bush and not afraid to say it so, you know how I feel. I may not agree with all he does but in general I do. There is a lot more at stake and alot we don't even know about, but I do believe SOMETHING needs to be done!
Living 30 minutes from Washington DC I am sick of living in constant fear of terrorism, you have to be here to understand what I mean, it is a lot different here and in NYC. These are times we need to stay together as a nation and not be so critical. It is imperative we support our troops, can you imagine how they feel, how scared they are deep down inside!! I have a ton of respect for them!!!!:bow:

Sheila63
02-15-2003, 09:37 PM
I'm with you, Jen. I definitely don't want war any more than anyone else does. And you're right, this is a time we need to stick together and be strong for one another. I mentioned on another thread earlier tonight that our troops and their families are on my heart today. They have my prayers and total support. It has to be so scary for them and their loved ones.

marlsy
02-15-2003, 09:41 PM
What Jen said!!!! I also support Bush.

Bridge of Clay
02-15-2003, 09:47 PM
that mail Seth posted... when Clinton said the responsible would be hunt and punished... really made me think...

if we could know the answer... if this war really is going to avoid something worse in the future, Iīd support... if it will makes thing worse, Iīd not support it...

now I really donīt know...

JenRN
02-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
that mail Seth posted... when Clinton said the responsible would be hunt and punished... really made me think...

if we could know the answer... if this war really is going to avoid something worse in the future, Iīd support... if it will makes thing worse, Iīd not support it...

now I really donīt know...
It is important to really know ALL the facts before you form an opinion of someone, we will never know all the facts, BUT I feel educated enough and familiar enough with Bush's plan to support him. To me it is nice to finally have someone in office I can respect!:)

Mulletman
02-15-2003, 11:05 PM
war no

action yes

Mulletman
02-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
What Jen said!!!!  I also support Bush.

that makes three

hayley
02-15-2003, 11:36 PM
ok i really don't know too much about this whole thing but i don't want war. I want all of you guys to come live in my house so you can all be safe:P

GeeK_2004
02-16-2003, 12:15 AM
No. I do not want a war !!!

souldancer
02-16-2003, 02:59 AM
I don't want a war, especially a senseless war. I don't believe that violence solves or prevents anything - only begets more violence. I think that poor old Charles Darwin would be spinning in his grave - seems we are de-evolving as a species. I think the masses and the global community are speaking up and showing their true colors. At our state capitol today, I felt pride in those that stood for values and integrity over greed and short-sighted vengence. Veterans and people in military service also shared this common view. Emotions are high and the media and people's need for 'blame and retaliation', along with some adolescent with a GI Jo fixation supposedly leading us is scary... Let's not have a civil war over this. Emotions are high - and this post will surely offend some. Views on war and religion are 'not popular to discuss'. But I have faith that the people will lead this country into the right action - or inaction!

JenRN
02-16-2003, 06:08 AM
I am mature enough to not let any post negative on Bush offend me, everyone is entitled to their opinion, thanks to a great country of democracy we live in!;) That is what makes this world go round, different people, different views. Wouldn't it be boring if we all felt the same about everything? Bottom line is we all need to stick together as a country and support the military men and women who are fighting for our freedom. Everyone on here will not agree on matters of politics or religion for sure, and that is quite alright!:peace:

souldancer
02-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
 Everyone on here will not agree on matters of politics or religion for sure, and that is quite alright!:peace: Yes it is! You are so right. I admit and apolgize for a little late night venting - perhaps I went a little overboard on the GI Joe part (I gag at Barbie too). A sadly stressed week watching high school students strung out on illegal drugs and elementary students flying on prescribed drugs and wondering WTF about our own country, our future?! And what kind of message our we sending to our students? My intentions, like others, are not about disrespect for the military and their families. Nor do I forget the history of war and how 'we' got here. If there is a lesson for students, perhaps it is in being engaged with the democratic process. This discourse is our great gift.
My bottom line is that we need to each be living our Freedom in thinking critically, feeling from our heart and acting passionately with like minded groups about what is right and what is wrong.
I am being pretty redundant, but this board is a great place for our voices to be expressed while we rock out with Creed. Off now to blast WGMB !

Bridge of Clay
02-16-2003, 09:51 PM
It is important to really know ALL the facts before you form an opinion of someone, we will never know all the facts, BUT I feel educated enough and familiar enough with Bush's plan to support him.  To me it is nice to finally have someone in office I can respect!:)

yep, I know...
anyway, I liked Clinton...

but I donīt know how he would deal the things that Bush had to deal... and I wonder if none of this had happened, how Bush would be...

JenRN
02-16-2003, 10:07 PM
yep, I know...

but I donīt know how he would deal the things that Bush had to deal... and I wonder if none of this had happened, how Bush would be...
I think Bush would still be fine! As far as Clinton I am going to follow the old saying "If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!" Because that is the case for me about Clinton, I don't like him or his wife! So I will keep it at that, I will not elaberate!;)

JulieCitySlicker
02-16-2003, 10:13 PM
I would have to agree with Jen on the whole war issue ;) I don't like it but if it accomplishes something then whatever:angel:

Mulletman
02-16-2003, 10:52 PM
yep, I know...

prolly the same way he did when they first attacked the WTC...

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-17-2003, 12:44 AM
I don't want a war, but I don't to wake up and find out one day that my friends in Washington , or New York or anyone else on here had gotten killed because we waited for the United Nations to act like they cared. I believe Bush is right,and he should persue this and take out Saddam and Bin Laden. I want peace as much as the next person, but after you've been hit twice there are no more cheeks to turn , and you have to fight for your freedom. For the ones of you who don't agree with me, that's ok I'm just expressing my opinion.You are all still my friends here, I'm not that shallow to turn on someone if we differ on our views of things.

Aimee
02-17-2003, 09:38 AM
I am a democrat, but I respect Bush for the way he reacted after 9/11. Not sure what would have gone down had Gore been in office. I do think we should do something about Iraq, but that we shouldn't do anything without the UN. That's what most people are against.
The UN was set up so that no one country could "pick on" another country and get away with it. All these years long, we have berated any country who dares to go against it. It's no secret that the US has the most power within the UN, but it doesn't mean that we can disregard what the masses in there want. To me, it's very hypocritical of Bush to say that he will do what he will regardless of what they say. It's saying that other countries have to follow the rules, but we don't. It's not like allllll those other leaders are ganging up on us in saying that we need more proof to bomb Iraq. They are right.
On a sadder note, I have two sisters involved in this war. One is in the Army and one in the Air Force. The army sister shipped out last Thursday and she is in the front line driving munitions (weapons) to the front.

Aimee
02-17-2003, 09:43 AM
PS:
For the ones of you who don't agree with me, that's ok I'm just expressing my opinion.You are all still my friends here, I'm not that shallow to turn on someone if we differ on our views of things
DITTO!

And SD- I made my Barbie beat up GI Joe, was that a bad thing???:D

souldancer
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Aimee, my thoughts go out to you and your family with concern about your two sisters.

As for Barbie beating up GI Joe...maybe it was just a little lust gone overboard? Or perhaps she just wanted to take the tank for a cruise. Take care :angel:

Bridge of Clay
02-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
<b>I am a democrat, but I respect Bush for the way he reacted after 9/11. &nbsp;Not sure what would have gone down had Gore been in office. &nbsp;I do think we should do something about Iraq, but that we shouldn't do anything without the UN. That's what most people are against. &nbsp;
The UN was set up so that no one country could "pick on" another country and get away with it. All these years long, we have berated any country who dares to go against it. It's no secret that the US has the most power within the UN, but it doesn't mean that we can disregard what the masses in there want. &nbsp;To me, it's very hypocritical of Bush to say that he will do what he will regardless of what they say. It's saying that other countries have to follow the rules, but we don't. It's not like allllll those other leaders are ganging up on us in saying that we need more proof to bomb Iraq. They are right.
On a sadder note, I have two sisters involved in this war. One is in the Army and one in the Air Force. &nbsp;The army sister shipped out last Thursday and she is in the front line driving munitions (weapons) to the front. </b>

:clap: :)

Lechium
02-17-2003, 01:57 PM
It's not if you want war or you dont, it's al about if war is what we need now, and it might be. Or might not be. Not our call.

marlsy
02-17-2003, 02:03 PM
<b>I think Bush would still be fine! &nbsp;As far as Clinton I am going to follow the old saying "If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!" &nbsp;Because that is the case for me about Clinton, I don't like him or his wife! &nbsp;So I will keep it at that, I will not elaberate!;) </b>

DITTO

Aimee
02-17-2003, 02:17 PM
It's not if you want war or you dont, it's al about if war is what we need now, and it might be. Or might not be. Not our call.

Lechium-
Don't you just love the DEMOCRACY in this country that allows you to say things like that? If it's not the people's call (and it doesn't look like it is right now) what kind of Democracy do we have?

Lechium
02-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Well Democracy is at work. You elect congress, you elect president. Democarcy = you pick peope who make many important decidions for you. It was known fact that Bush was more militant than Gore, and yet America elected him, so there you go.
You are free to speak out againt the war, but it has very little chance of making any difference, that's why it's pointless.

P.S. Democary does not allow you to say things. That's what freedom of speech does. Democracy lets you make a choice.

souldancer
02-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
&nbsp;If it's not the people's call (and it doesn't look like it is right now) what kind of Democracy do we have? None - maybe a republic then? ;)

getting off the soap box and will try to avoid this thread. Working on something local now...friggin county animal shelter is selling abandoned animals to research labs...I will not be silent on this one

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Aimee,

I personally do not know anyone associated with this war, and I'm sorry that you are having to go thru this . I'll pray for both of your sisters safe return home, and for you and your family.

Sheila63
02-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Me too. Aimee, you, your sisters and the rest of your family are in my prayers.

Siana
02-20-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by creeder
Do you want war?
My opinion is that bush is a ashole, he is just after power and war... War does not make the world any better.. i think.. but i hate sadam hussein!!!!!!!
...........what do you think=

agree.war is not an aswer!the right way is through diplomacy

JenRN
02-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
None - maybe a republic then? ;) &nbsp;

getting off the soap box and will try to avoid this thread. &nbsp;Working on something local now...friggin county animal shelter is selling abandoned animals to research labs...I will not be silent on this one
Me either!!! Boy wish I could come and help you Souldancer! I can't take going to animal shelters, I always want to open the cages and take them all home. I ALWAYS end up crying when I go there. It I ever do get a dog, I will surely go to the shelter to get one! Research labs, how would they like to go to research labs???? :mad: As far as i am concerned there are a lot of people who deserve to go there more than animals!!!:embarass:

Siana
02-20-2003, 10:30 AM
you do?

JenRN
02-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Siana
you do?
Yep!!! Like Saddam Hussain and Bin Laden, I would love to do some experienments on them!!! Like maybe putting them in a chair in Times Square and letting every family member of 9/11 have 10 minutes with them to do whatever they want! Or better yet, maybe put them in a tiny cage in a lab and try new research on cancer drugs on them or the effects of shock therapy with water involved!!!!!! Yeah I get a little evil sometimes, I have an evil side to me:embarass: I am a FIRM believer in an eye for an eye!!!!!!!!

Siana
02-20-2003, 10:36 AM
here i agree with you

whitebird
02-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Please everyone, do not lose sight of the fact that if the war does happen, innocent childrens lives will be lost, or harmed.

On Valentines Day I was with a group of children. I noticed one child sitting alone, with his back hunched over, facing away from everyone else. I knew something was wrong. When I went over to the boy, I discovered that tears were streaming down his face. He was so upset, he really couldn't talk. It broke my heart to see this beautiful young boy crying. I knew that his Mother had passed away a couple of years ago from cancer, and I asked him if he was missing her, all he could do was nod. It was Velentines Day, and he was missing the love and care of his Mother. I spent time with him, telling him silly stories about my puppy, and just giving him a little distraction, and lots TLC. In that way I was able to make a very small difference in the life of a child.

How will the world be able to wipe the tears of all the children if we go to war? How many children will cry for lost Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters?

Think long and hard about it.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-20-2003, 07:52 PM
That is very understandable, but what if nothing is done, and it's our children here on our soil, because it is only a matter of time before they start walking into malls,restaraunts and other busy places here as suicide bombers, and that is a risk I'm not willing to take. My children are my life, so I do understand. One more thing we don't teach our children here that being a suicide bomber is a good thing, there they have a show like Sesame Street , where the main character is a child suicide bomber.So they endorse terrorism.

JenRN
02-20-2003, 10:05 PM
I agree Mr TN! No one wants the ugly side of war to show it's ugly face, but think about this..... where would we be if some fo the past wars were not fought? It is never easy to send family members away to war or watch innocent people die, but look at 9/11, if we don't try to do anything now it will become second nature in this country to put duck tape on windows and have tankers with missle capabilities around Washington DC to shoot down planes who get too close to the White house! Not everything in life is a bunch of roses, and sunshine smiles!!! War is ugly and raw and cruel BUT..... for those who volunteer to defend our freedom, to me they are my hero's for sure! They have my utmost respect!:bow: :bow: