Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Islam. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Islam.

Lechium
02-11-2003, 04:07 PM
There is one major misunderstanding about Islam. A lot of people (Christsians in general) love one quote for Quiran (sp?) which says that killing Christsians gets you to heaven. However it is taken out of the conext. What it really says is that killing Christsians gets you to heaven in case Islam is under attack, so you kill them as a way to defend your religion.
Just wanted to let you guys know about that.

P.S. and no I'm not Muslim.

JenRN
02-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Their book of "word" is called the "Koran" I know enough about Islam thank you! Studied it in college, yes an American college and in the USA!!!!! We are not as ignorant as you foreigners think!:grr:

jango
02-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
There is one major misunderstanding about Islam. A lot of people (Christsians in general) love one quote for Quiran (sp?) which says that killing Christsians gets you to heaven. However it is taken out of the conext. What it really says is that killing Christsians gets you to heaven in case Islam is under attack, so you kill them as a way to defend your religion.
Just wanted to let you guys know about that.

P.S. and no I'm not Muslim.

O... k...

What in the fudge was that all about?

JenRN
02-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by jango
O... k...

What in the fudge was that all about?
I believe he is talking in circles!:lol: I don't know about you but to me he is the KING of taking things out of context!!!:mad:

TeriB19
02-11-2003, 11:34 PM
I also believe him to be the king of talking out of his buttocks.

Lechium
02-12-2003, 12:01 AM
2JenRN: calm down please. I know grip of people who do not know this detail. I do not assume people do not know.

And why do people attack me here? Islam was attack for this quote many times, so here I come, letting people know of thsi detail, to make sure needelss arguments wount happen in teh future, and I get attacked? Come on, read my posts before you find them to be agressive.

DangerousDan85
02-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Bob can read

JenRN
02-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
2JenRN: calm down please. I know grip of people who do not know this detail. I do not assume people do not know.

And why do people attack me here? Islam was attack for this quote many times, so here I come, letting people know of thsi detail, to make sure needelss arguments wount happen in teh future, and I get attacked? Come on, read my posts before you find them to be agressive.
Calm down? Believe me I am not riled up, you have NO IDEA how I get when I am riled up!!! I just find it annoying that you have so many "opinions" of America and Americans and you have only lived here for what 5 years?

Lechium
02-12-2003, 03:12 PM
That's not opinnion. I have a lot of religion based arguments with different people. Dunno just like that stuff. And I'm not saying these are Americans who are confused about that part of Islam. I know people from all over the world who are. Where did I say that Americans didnt know that? You made an assumption here.

P.S. There are a lot of religion based stuff people in general do not know. For example I know only 2 aside of me who know that Satanism is not Devil worshiping and is not connected to Christianity in any way.

P.P.S. And why you think I dislike America so much? I dislike really only mass media and foreign policy. Aside of that it's a great country.

Dogstar
02-12-2003, 03:18 PM
By posting the statement that started this thread you also made an assumption. You assumed that people on this board have no knowledge of Islam and that you needed to somehow point this out to people here. People bristle sometimes when they think they are being talked down to. Just an observation.

Lechium
02-12-2003, 03:21 PM
I see your point. I noticed that a lot of people had this misunderstanding, so I figured that someone here might as well. So I made this post. That's it. I am sure that at least one person on this board didnt know that. Cuz I've met very few people who are familiar with this stuff.

Also I never said "you guys probbaly do not know", all I said "many people dont know". I just wanted to share something. No need to jump me. I'm sure that if you made this post eveyone will be like "thanks for sharing!".

Dogstar
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Not jumping on you, just making an observation. People can infer all kinds of things from the written word, especially if they are not able to hear the voice behind it. Presentation can be very important ;).

Amish Warlord
02-15-2003, 03:06 AM
I like this guy. Lechium, will you be my friend?

-J

Dogstar
02-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Hey, AW....long time no post... Personally, I'm convinced you and Lechium are one in the same :D...in a jekyll/jekyll sort of way...JK...Where ya been, by the way?

Lechium
02-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Haha Amish sure why not?

Amish Warlord
02-15-2003, 01:09 PM
been bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzay lately. YOu know.. the usual.

-J

DangerousDan85
02-15-2003, 05:21 PM
you guys would make a nice couple

jk ;)

hey Amish, hope you post some more

- Dan

Bridge of Clay
02-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Amish Warlord
I like this guy.  Lechium, will you be my friend?

-J

:roll: :lol:

sorry!!! But when I read that, I thought it was hilarious!!!
I´m cracking up here!

DangerousDan85
02-16-2003, 02:27 AM
love at first post :lol:

Bridge of Clay
02-16-2003, 09:58 PM
rotflol!

Aimee
02-17-2003, 09:52 AM
The Koran is also called the Qu'ran

Sorry, just my smartass 2 cents

Lechium
02-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks! That's the spelling I was looking for.

Siana
02-20-2003, 08:42 AM
Islam is like any other religion....Islam don't breed hate,just some ppl go way too fanatic with some of the texts there

souldancer
02-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Siana
[B....Islam don't breed hate,just some ppl go way too fanatic with some of the texts there [/b] so true. Thanks Siana. The generalizations, the mass hysteria and stereotyping - esp. since 911 has been atrocious! I hear it with the young people - brainwashed by ignorant parents and fear inducing media and leadership. How does our going to war with Iraq justify/get revenge on the evil antics of individuals?! I miss how people have 911 and Iraq war connected... maybe I am just ignorant myself, or don;t watch enough tv.

Dogstar
02-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Hehehe, not watching TV is a good thing, SD. That's where half of this crap is coming from.

souldancer
02-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Hehehe, not watching TV is a good thing, SD. That's where half of this crap is coming from. yes, lots of shi#...

Lies are what they tell me
Despise you that control me
..but, Peace is not yet dead in my soul - nor in many others..

Siana
02-24-2003, 10:52 AM
yeah,true