Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Van Halen: Sammy or Dave? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen: Sammy or Dave?

JenRN
02-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Any one here fans of Van Halen? If so who was the best lead singer?:)

marlsy
02-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Growning up Van Halen was my total fav!!!!!!!! So I have to say DAVID LEE ROTH!! I used to be in love with him!!! He was pretty much an ass, but in my opinion Van Halen isn't Van Halen without him, even though I like alot of songs with Sammy too. I saw them in concert at the US festivel in the 80's when I was seventeen and they were a BIG dissapointment to me, they were last on and TOTALLY wasted to the max. David forgot words and could barely stand, boy thats sounds falmiliar dosn't it??? ROFL But my hubby saw them once and they were awsome!!! They are my all time fav. rock band of the 80's by FAR!!!!!!:dork:

JenRN
02-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah I was a HUGE Van Halen fan in the 80's as well!!! I liked the songs with Dave too the most, they were raw and a little heavier. Dave is a real ass though, he is soooo in love with himself it is discusting sometimes! And I really liked the songs with Sammy too, they were popular the most when I was in High school. Like Poundcake, Finish what you started, all those ones I love!!!! Glad to see some other Van Halen fans here, MARLSY!!!!!:P I would of loved to of seem them in concert! The part in the movie "Wedding Singer" were Robby and his Van Halen T-shirt was his obsession cracks me up. That movie brought back so many memeories of when I grew up!!:)

jango
02-09-2003, 08:15 PM
My personal favorite is Van Hagar or Haggar or who really cares.

But c'mon, VH isn't Van Halen without Dave... even if he is a tripped out idiotic baffoon.

TeriB19
02-09-2003, 09:08 PM
I have to agree, while Dave is a gigantic egocentric ass, Van Halen was in its best years with him at the lead singer position. Sammy was adequate, but they just weren't the same without Diamond Dave.

marlsy
02-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Yeah I was a HUGE Van Halen fan in the 80's as well!!! &nbsp;I liked the songs with Dave too the most, they were raw and a little heavier. &nbsp;Dave is a real ass though, he is soooo in love with himself it is discusting sometimes! &nbsp;And I really liked the songs with Sammy too, they were popular the most when I was in High school. &nbsp;Like Poundcake, Finish what you started, all those ones I love!!!! &nbsp;Glad to see some other Van Halen fans here, MARLSY!!!!!:P &nbsp; I would of loved to of seem them in concert! &nbsp; The part in the movie "Wedding Singer" were Robby and his Van Halen T-shirt was his obsession cracks me up. &nbsp;That movie brought back so many memeories of when I grew up!!:) </b>

I love the movie The Wedding Singer!!!!!!!!!!!!! That movie is great!!!!!! And Billy Idol in it looked so old to me!!!!! I have to buy that DVD to have.

Dogstar
02-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Not a big VH van, but Eddie sure could play that axe. I agree, though, as much as I loathe Diamond Dave, they were better with him than without him.

HigherGirl
02-10-2003, 11:44 AM
I am so use to Diamond Dave..But Hagar hasn't done too bad a job...would like to see Dave come back....

Tremontichik006
02-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Sammy... SAMMY ALL THE WAY.

creedgirl99
02-11-2003, 04:11 PM
I really liked both of them...but I guess I'd have to say Sammy because I liked more of their songs when he was in the band.