Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Concerts [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Webwitch
10-08-2002, 11:07 AM
Ok - I'm new to this site but I'm also desperate... I'm flying from Michigan to see both the San Diego and San Jose shows this weekend. I also have crummy seats to the GR show next month.

Hopefully Scott is feeling better and the concerts won't be cancelled - since I'm flying 2000 miles, enduring three days of no sleep so I can drive the length of the state, and spending way more than I can afford.

My question is how do you get backstage?? Has anyone succeeded?? I'm not a stalker ... I just want to let Creed know how much thier music has meant to me.

Webwitch

BigBassDrummer
10-08-2002, 12:58 PM
well, first off.... you can't just "get" backstage. You most likely need to have some connections... secondly, why are you flying 2000 miles to see them? They're having some shows in MI next month!

Webwitch
10-08-2002, 01:20 PM
Long Story... here's the short version. I was injured in a car accident a couple of years a go, a woman talking on a cell phone didn’t see a stop sign and pulled out 20 feet in front of me. I was driving at 55 mph and collided with her into a dead stop, the impact resulted in permanent neck injuries. Before the accident my life was chaos at best, I had an Autistic child who was 5, a one year old baby, and a six year old daughter, a full time job and home to care for. But the accident put my life on hold. It took 18 months of physical therapy to be able to sit again, even in pain, during that time I was prescribed so many drugs that I couldn’t keep track of everything I was on or what it was for. I can not describe in words the influence Creed's music has had on my life, let alone what “Weathered” had on my recovery. I played it through every session of PT, during the CAT scans, MRI, and Bone Density tests. Finally last month I was discharged having reached “an acceptable level” of recovery. I’ll always live in some degree of pain, but have managed to get off the prescriptions, and get on with my life.

I decided I needed to see Creed in concert, to hear the music that has become so important to me, live. I haven’t had a real vacation since before my son was diagnosed Autistic. No one knows what Heaven and Hell it is daily to have a special needs child, unless you have one. I have the “weathered” crest tattooed on my shoulder blade to remind me to that even though I’m rusted and weathered ... all planned before they announced thier GR concert.

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 07:24 PM
That's rough. Good for you for surviving and moving on and all. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to making it backstage. Creed is the world's biggest modern rock band, after all, so getting back there is bound to be a tall order.

souldancer
10-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Wow WW - I can relate to the healing power of Creed's music. I am glad that you are acting on that passion. It sounds like they have given you lots of strength. I am one that firmly believes in life you sometimes just need to GO WITH IT. Whether it seems wildly irrational or not. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Also, watch out, I don;t mean to dissapoint you, but after today's LA and Sac postponement, I expect that SD may be cancelled too. But check back on boards and with the venue.
As for back stage, Steve, our administrator has mentioned if you make a hefty (?$5,000) contribution to the With Arms Wide Open Foundation - you can get back stage - don't quote me on that....

Take care - and WELCOME to the board. It's a great place with wonderful people.

Webwitch
10-09-2002, 06:09 AM
Thanks all for the replies... I've already spoke to WAWO - I donated an extra $ 100.00 per ticket to the San Jose seats for them... $ 5000.00 is way out of my leage. I leave in 24 hours, so at this point I'm just hoping that the shows don't get cancelled.

Ruby
10-09-2002, 09:44 AM
Wow Webwitch you certainly have had a tough go. Good luck at the show. I paid WAWO just under 420.00 for tix and didnt even get a thank you let alone backstage passes. Hope your shows arent cancelled.

Taylor
10-09-2002, 11:09 AM
if you give $5000 to WAWO you get 2 backstage passes, and tickets to a concert of your choice, a shirt, a HC gold plaque, and something else...it's pretty good for the price

TeriB19
10-09-2002, 11:29 AM
For $5000, I'd expect some skin. (kidding!!):angel:

Read JDM
10-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Are you guys for real? Can you actually "bribe" them (for lack of better word) like that?

allison
10-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Well, um...YES! It says on the WAWO website that the "Multi-Platinum" membership you get when you donate 5K or more gets you 2 backstage passes. :rockon:

tremontiwannabe
10-09-2002, 03:53 PM
THATS SOOOOO AWESOME! i wish i had the money floating around to do that. if i could i would donate 200,000 so i could be with them through every concert of every leg of every tour!!! weeee!:dancing: that would be sooo bad!!

.....wish me luck on winning the lotery:angel:

Read JDM
10-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by tremontiwannabe
if i could i would donate 200,000 so i could be with them through every concert of every leg of every tour!!!

If you had $200,000 to throw around like that, then here's a better idea: Just buy out their record contract. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Webwitch
10-10-2002, 01:41 AM
Well the shows are postponed... my flight has to be rescheduled before it takes off in 10 hours or I eat the tickets...so much for thinking I deserve a vacation after everything I've been through...

At least look at me when you shoot a bullet through my head.:shoot:

souldancer
10-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Again, so sorry Webwitch. Go get your money back for the airline tickets - and check far ahead for another concert near you. In the mean time, I hope you can find another way to enjoy yourself this weekend. Fill your soul with healing light - YOU DESERVE IT!

Take care - Go watch the WAWO video, always warms my heart.
http://www.creed.com/video/humanclay.html

allison
10-10-2002, 03:47 PM
I am really feeling it for all of you who were disappointed. So sorry.:(

souldancer
10-10-2002, 05:27 PM
10/10/02, 3 p.m. ET) -- Creed is out and the Wallflowers are in as the featured act for a made-for-television concert on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay that was scheduled to be taped Thursday (October 10). The switch came amid Creed's growing list of tour-date postponements.

A spokesperson for the promoter of the Los Angeles show, scheduled for Tuesday (October , told LAUNCH it was postponed due to an unspecified illness. Earlier in the week, Creed drummer Scott Phillips told Bakersfield, California radio station KLLY that singer Scott Stapp was suffering from over-stressed vocal chords and that his voice needs a rest, the Bakersfield Californian reports.

Creed's label has offered no confirmation regarding the illness nor any comment on the status of the group's future dates or possible make-up shows.

The group has now postponed seven shows in California and Arizona, beginning with the October 4 appearance in Bakersfield, California. The list now includes the upcoming dates in San Diego on Friday (October 11); Mountain View, California on Saturday (October 12); and Spokane, Washington on Monday (October 14), according to Creed's official website (creednet.com).

Creed's cancellation of the Alcatraz promotional date prompted the Wallflowers to put out a call to fans to attend the taping. "The producers are looking for some dedicated S.F. Bay-area fans to attend and show the band your enthusiasm and support," a note on their website (wallflowers.com) reads.

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Similar info from VH1 site..
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1458041/10...002/creed.jhtml (http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1458041/10092002/creed.jhtml)

souldancer
10-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Sorry to have all these posts...but look under Creed.com thread for more info and here is the rescheduling info:

10/20 Los Angeles, CA
10/23 San Francisco, CA
10/25 San Diego, CA
10/29 Las Vegas, NV (Fan Appreciation Show)
10/30 Bakersfield, CA
11/29 Spokane, WA
12/2 Sacramento, CA
12/6 Phoenix, AZ