Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
one cross+3 nails=4 given [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : one cross+3 nails=4 given

mushroomy2k
02-05-2003, 10:55 AM
1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given He took away all our sins through the blood of his Son, by whom we are saved. Eph 1:7

Can the key to one of the greatest “mysteries” of all time be boiled down to a second grade math equation? Isn’t “religion” way more complicated than that? After all, we’ve got theologians who spend lifetimes unraveling the deep enigmas of faith that are far too lofty for the average seven-year-old. To some, RELIGION and ROCKET SCIENCE run neck and neck. Thankfully, God has a better idea.

In Luke 10:21, Jesus prays “Thank you Father…that you have hidden these things from the WISE…and revealed them to BABES.” The Apostle Paul writes, “God has chosen the FOOLISH things of the world to put to shame the WISE.” (1Cor 1:27) God isn’t saying that knowledge and learning are bad. WISDOM appeals to the brain, but FAITH calls on a different organ.

The Bible says, “With the HEART one believes.” (Rom 10:10) The simple message of the Gospel is that Jesus Christ was NAILED to the CROSS, He “bought our freedom with His blood and FORGAVE us all our sins.” (Col 1:14)

Religions can get complicated, but Jesus wants RELATIONSHIP, not a RELIGION (John 15:12-14) Do yourself a favor – don’t make it so complicated that you need a PHD, a bucket full of rules, and a perfect track record to find God. All you need is FAITH and a basic understanding of second grade math – 1 CROSS + 3 NAILS = 4GIVEN. thanks jamesl
yall have a great day.Diane

Tia67
02-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Thanks Diane, I enjoyed reading your post. It touched my heart. My husband is a youth minister, I think he could use this in one of his lessons to the youth. God bless- Tia:)

mushroomy2k
02-06-2003, 06:27 AM
thank you tia for replying:)
i didnt think anyone was going to post to my thread
at all,i hope your husband can use this in his teachings to the youth.
i have to give thanks to jamesl for this 1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given
it was his signature and i typed it in the search browser
and this message is what i found.
have a terrific day.Diane

Lady Valkyrie
02-08-2003, 08:09 PM
;)

Kim V.
02-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Great post, mushroomy2k! People tend to make salvation so much harder than it needs to be; hence RELIGION and not SPIRITUALITY, or a relationship with God. God Bless!

SPIRITUAL INSINUATIONS SEEM TO SHOCK OUR NATION...
Scott Stapp

souldancer
02-11-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by mushroomy2k
Religions can get complicated, but Jesus wants RELATIONSHIP, not a RELIGION (John 15:12-14) Do yourself a favor – don’t make it so complicated that you need a PHD, a bucket full of rules, and a perfect track record to find God. All you need is FAITH and a basic understanding of second grade math – 1 CROSS + 3 NAILS = 4GIVEN. thanks jameslyall have a great day.Diane Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing. I believe in simplicity too and like the Dalai Lama's message...
"This is my simple religion.
There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;
the philosophy is kindness.",

JulieCitySlicker
02-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Kewl post Mushroomy;) :angel: :dancing: I was gonna reply to this sooner but got caught up in all the other threads:rolleyes: :P