Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Disturbed [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed

tremontiwannabe
10-07-2002, 10:49 PM
what do ya'll think of their song, "Prayer" ?:confused: i really like it. the guitar in it is awesome!:D

Dogstar
10-07-2002, 11:42 PM
It's OK, but I'm not inspired enough to fork over the dough for a CD. I do like the Sickness song, though.

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by tremontiwannabe
<b>what do ya'll think of their song, "Prayer" ?:confused: &nbsp;i really like it. the guitar in it is awesome!:D </b>

I love Disturbed!!! I went out and bought the new cd, it's pretty good!!! I think (know) you'll enjoy it!!!

tremontiwannabe
10-08-2002, 08:47 AM
thanx alot. i guess i will go out and buy it now that you say that. i was just thinking about burning that song in with a mix of other ones.......but all of them are good?:confused:

Taylor
10-08-2002, 11:43 AM
I want it sooo bad!!

tremontiwannabe
10-08-2002, 02:24 PM
i thought you already did burn that with some other bands.:confused:

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 06:47 PM
I really dig Prayer a bunch, and I like a good many songs on the new CD. However, by and large, I must say that the album is a bit more repetitive than I would have hoped for. I mean, yeah, it's only Disturbed, and we can expect only so much, but I felt that there was more progression and exploration in the last CD than in this one. Still, like I said, I enjoy it overall.

Darkness --which I believe is the name of the last track -- is a great song. At first, I thought it was corny. Not because it was slow, in and of itself, but because sometimes hard rocking bands will do slow songs and everyone will act as if it's so deep. So, I thought it was corny almost out of being hesitant. But it's a good tune and it's stuck in my head.

Also, is it just me, or does David Draiman's vocalwork sound vastly improved? There are moments on this album when I'd swear it was some other band if I didn't know better.

Mulletman
10-08-2002, 10:29 PM
i like disturbed, i think they sound better live than they do on CD. i love down with hte sickness and i hate it when they cut off the mommy part in the radio.

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 10:32 PM
That's an edit that never should occur!

tremontiwannabe
10-09-2002, 03:39 PM
call me sheltered, but i haven't really heard about disturbed until i heard "Prayer" ....and then "Believe" which is also pretty good. so i don't know anything about the last cd, or how much his vocal skills hve improved. but i hope to get the cd. :)

creedfaner
10-09-2002, 08:11 PM
Disturbed's new CD is awesome!!

Read JDM
10-09-2002, 08:20 PM
If you haven't heard their first CD, I suggest downloading the following tracks:

-- Stupify
-- Voices
-- Down with the Sickness
-- Shout 2000

Mulletman
10-09-2002, 08:32 PM
i have the GuitarWorld magazine in which they interview david draiman and don donegan, its a pretty interseting interview i like what they have to say about thier music and thier beleifs.

Read JDM
10-09-2002, 08:49 PM
I haven't read that. What's the gist of what they said? I always find what Draiman says to be interesting.

Snortmyster
10-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Like Bevis & Butthead would say Disturbed rules. I've seen them 3 times in concert and the rock the house. I like when the wear there masks.:doh:

Mulletman
10-10-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
I haven't read that. What's the gist of what they said? I always find what Draiman says to be interesting.

he mainly talks about how they are classified as nu-metal. he says that nu-metal is mainly rap-metal and that even though there music is rythmic and melodic its not hip-hop and is METAL. they talk about darkness and how thier CD goes from harder to softer as the tracks progress.

i found it very interesting and specially how they are a metal band and how the actually associate thier music with God.

tremontiwannabe
10-11-2002, 03:19 PM
so somebody that really knows, can ya tell me about their religious veiws? are they christian? do they not believe in any of that? ......what?:confused:

Mulletman
10-11-2002, 09:25 PM
they didnt elobarate too much into the religous info. they just said that they are a metal band but they believe in "old fashioned values such as God and the future of humanity."

SweetXtreme4
10-11-2002, 11:49 PM
I like the song and the CD is pretty awesome too!

Read JDM
10-12-2002, 10:34 PM
That interview sounds like it was cool.

By the way, David Draiman, Disturbed's lead singer, is actually Jewish, not Christian.

Mulletman
10-13-2002, 08:52 PM
now thats news to me

Read JDM
10-13-2002, 09:33 PM
:lol:

Never saw that coming, I take it?

Mulletman
10-16-2002, 03:32 PM
no, not really, but hey thats cool!