Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Great News! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

hotforscott
01-29-2003, 04:50 PM
I was informed today at work, that in another department one of the Manager's husband got orders to be transferred to Georgia, he is Air Force and they will be leaving in early April. I have first option to take her job and it will be more money and more benefits so I am going to take it! I am really excited about it and I wanted to spread the Good News!

hayley
01-29-2003, 04:52 PM
that's awesome!

hotforscott
01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
I know, I am so glad because I will be getting paid more. Yeah!!!

SJack5802
01-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Not so great for your boss

TeriB19
01-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Congrats Carrie!! That's excellent! Just make sure part of your benefits package includes the right to go to Creedfeed Fest every year!!!!!:rockon:

JenRN
01-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Carrie!!!!!:party2: It is great to get a promotion!!!! More money is always good, just make sure all the extra headaches don't come with it!!

GoodGodGirl23
01-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Great News!!!;) :)

marlsy
01-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm very happy for you!! Way to go!!!:bounce:

Bridge of Clay
01-29-2003, 08:40 PM
great!!!

I hope I´m the next to post "I got a job"... :)

hotforscott
01-29-2003, 09:18 PM
It will actually be easier because there is a lot of good workers in that department, plus I will have 3 months to prepare. I will still get good hours, 7-2:30 so it will be great since Lauren will be starting school soon and Tyler not far behind her. The lady I am replacing also works at a Youth Center on base and is going to transfer to the one at Moody Air Force base in Georgia so it will work out because they have already found her a job there and she loves working with kids. She always complained about replacing this job, she's been trying to sell Mary Kay and stuff like that so I think that eventually she would have quit anyway. I am really happy! I think she is probably a bit relieved as well, this way she didn't have to quit. Almost everyone that works at this store is Military so they are all getting transferred left and right......LOL! Maybe something even bigger will come up soon. :dancing: My time off for Creedfest has already been noted this year, and next year it will be a paid vacation because I will have been there a year. Yeah!

TeriB19
01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Outstanding. I understand all about military. My heart races everytime anyone from the Navy calls my husband. I keep thinking they're going to send him somewhere. That'll suck.

JenRN
01-29-2003, 09:54 PM
I have so much respect for our military people. Teri I feel for ya! My good friend at work got called to active duty, she is in the reserves and a RN and she has to be ready to go once they give her 48 hours notice. I worry about her, she thinks she is going to Afghanistan.:(

TeriB19
01-29-2003, 09:57 PM
I'll pray for her Jen, just like I pray everyday that this will be over soon and everyone will be safe. It's the not knowing that sucks the most.

JenRN
01-29-2003, 10:02 PM
I have a feeling this war is gonna get real ugly unfortunately:( I get real stressed out living so close to DC, they want the staff at the hospital to get the Small Pox vaccination, I am not getting that damn thing!!!!!! If small pox hits here I don't want to be around!:eek:

Dogstar
01-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Hotforscott, great for you!!!! Many congratulations. :bounce:

Bridge of Clay
01-30-2003, 12:13 PM
I respect militaires, they´re really really brave...

I had a hard time last year to escape from army... coz here, when you´re 18, you´re obligated to sign up for the army, then the army will keep those who have the wished profile and dismiss the others, who make the "reserve" (sp?)...

to be honest, if there´s something that really scares me is being in the middle of a war, shooting and being shot... I don´t like this whole army thing ...

that´s why I´m glad there are people who are willing to do it, to protect your nation and stuff...

Sheila63
01-30-2003, 12:38 PM
First of all, Congratulations on the new job, HotforScott!!! That's great news!!!:dancing:

Secondly, I'm in total agreement with everyone here about the military and their families. I feel for people in the service with everything going on these days as well as their families. It has to be a tough thing to deal with. I'll say some prayers too for your friend, Jen and also for your husband, Teri.

hotforscott
01-30-2003, 05:57 PM
I know, Daniel is in The Army National Guard and his position on the fighting field has a life expectancy of 4 seconds. After 9/11 all but 6 people in his unit were called out and he has been fortunate enough to get to stay, but you never know now with what is going on. It's crazy!

TeriB19
01-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by creedfan63
I'll say some prayers too for your friend, Jen and also for your husband, Teri. Thanks CF63, we'll take all the prayers we can get!