PDA

View Full Version : Incubus / Matchbox 20

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Incubus and Matchbox 20...
do you like them???

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Incubus is OK. I haven't been inspired by them enough to buy a CD. Matchbox 20 doen't do much for me either. A couple of songs are OK, but that's about it.

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 10:10 PM
Haven't heard much from Incubus and what I have heard from Matchbox 20 has been ok. Not worthy enough to spend $16 on a cd, but not terrible.

Siana
10-07-2002, 08:02 AM
I love Matchbox 20!they are 1 of my fave bands!;)

Mulletman
10-07-2002, 01:37 PM
matchbox 20 is ok, i love incubus. i have to say taht incubus is one of those bands that has a unique style to them. what many people dont know about incubus is that they have been around for over 10 years. Drive was their first song that got air play thats why after drive everyone loved them and no one new about them before. my fav song off of morning view is just a phase. but if you like drive you will LOVE Mexico. its a great song.

faceless kiwi
10-07-2002, 06:09 PM
I dont like either of them really.
But i saw incubus at the creed concert, and they're pretty good live.

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
I like both of them... Matchbox is plain simple rock, but I like the way Rob Thomas sings... Push it is a really good song to listen...

I donīt know much of Incubus... I suck at keeping songs names on my head, so the only 2 I could remember, I downloaded... I wish you were her (one of my fav rock songs) and Drive... the video for Drive is amazing, one of the best Iīve ever seen. And the drawings that appear on it, it was the singer and the guitar player of Incubus who did it. They were in college by that time and even used the drawings to a project. Thatīs cool!

Mullet, I hope you can point me some Incubus songs

luvscott4ever
10-07-2002, 09:03 PM
I think Incubus Rocks, My daughter and I are going to see them this Thursday (10/10) in Duluth, a city in northern MN..it will take us @ 2-2 1/2 hours to get there (hopefully Brandon won't end up ill, not like my HottyScotty :crying: ) I need this concert to help get over the (not) Phoenix show!!
PS: My fav cd by them in Make Yourself (my fav song: The Warmth)

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 06:59 PM
Incubus and MB20. Interesting that you ask about them together, because they're not all that similar. But I've got plenty opinions on both!

About MB20, I just about despise their music. There's one song, however, Bent, which I think is just an awesome song. I could kinda do without the chorus (or the lyrics to it, anyway), but I must admit I like that song a lot overall. Other than that, though, I really just don't like them. See, prior to Creed, my favorite band was Third Eye Blind, and 3EB and MB20 came on the scene pretty much at the same time and were grouped together for some reason. Lots of people even thought they were the same band, which just totally confounds me. I don't think they sound alike at all. I mean, I can see where people who listen to one might listen to the other, but I definitely don't think that they sound the same. Anyway, though, their singer, Rob Thomas, just always seem like an a-hole to me on account of things he would do, like trying desperately and pathetically to create a rivalry between the two bands in the press.

As for Incubus, if you're not into them, and if you're not sure you're willing to shell out the money to find out if you can get into them or not, I'd say just fork over the $15 and take a chance on Morning View. It's a great CD, really it is. Make Yourself is also great, but anything off their albums before that may or may not suit your tastes. In fact, the earlier albums don't suit my tastes, overall, but Make Yourself and Morning View are albums of massive general appeal. Incubus is definitely focused on carving out their own niche in modern rock, and I really respect them for that. They're always doing their own thing, and, to me, that puts them in the tradition of classic rock. If you listen to Just a Phase (on Morning View), I think you'll agree they're capable of doing something very Pink Floydian, and that's starting a song 2-3 minutes after the song's started. Listen to it. You'll see what I mean.

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 07:10 PM
You're right. I have no idea how people could confuse Third Eye Blind and Matchbox 20. I'd never heard that. Weird.

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM

I think you'll agree they're capable of doing something very Pink Floydian, and that's starting a song 2-3 minutes after the song's started. Listen to it. You'll see what I mean.

I think that's why I love The Warmth so much, the beginning sounds a little "Pink Floydy" which is one of my all-time fav old bands!!!

faceless kiwi
10-08-2002, 08:31 PM
That is so weird people could think they were ever the smae band.
Third eye blind dont sound the slightest bit like matchbox tweenty.

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 09:05 PM
See, and that's the thing, because 3EB and MB20 are as different as, say, Creed and P.O.D. (two other bands who people seem to combine when making a "You know who I don't like?" list nowadays). I always thought MB20 sounded more like Tonic or, even worse, like Vertical Horizon, whereas 3EB has some pretty rocking tunes.

Mulletman
10-08-2002, 10:27 PM
marcos get these songs from incubus

mexico
pardon me
cirlces
just a phase
nice to know you
stellar

and thats all i can think about for now...

OneLastBreath
10-14-2002, 10:16 AM
I have 'Mad Season' and it isnt great, but the songs 'If Your Gone' and 'Mad Season' are great.

Incubus arent really that ggod, ok to listen to their songs if their on TV once in a while, but thats it.

Siana
10-17-2002, 08:57 AM
If you're gone is great,yeah :)

Mulletman
10-17-2002, 11:18 PM
yup

Siana
10-18-2002, 07:08 AM
:angel:

PaulMcCoygirl
10-23-2002, 02:46 AM
Both!! Can't wait for MB20's new album it's gonna be better than Mad Season!

Siana
10-25-2002, 09:52 AM
i hope so