Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Super Bowl? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl?

hayley
01-26-2003, 02:57 AM
Ok i don't have a clue what this is about and how it is played....lol call me dumb but hey i live in New Zealand;) we don't have that here...can someone fill me in?:P

hotforscott
01-26-2003, 11:00 AM
I will let Dogstar handle this one, I would probably say something wrong. I can explain it, but not well.

Weathered
01-26-2003, 12:05 PM
super bowl: Championship game of the NFL (our football league and no thats not soccer its american football) but anyway...the best team from the NFC (national football conference) and the best from the AFC (american football conference) play in a game called the Super Bowl.....the winner is the NFL champion

hotforscott
01-26-2003, 12:20 PM
See, I never would have said it right.

Weathered
01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
lol did i say it right?

hotforscott
01-26-2003, 03:42 PM
It sounded good to me.

hayley
01-26-2003, 07:15 PM
ohh i see thanks seth dude...

how long does it go on for? like how many minutes?

Weathered
01-26-2003, 07:49 PM
uhh like 3 h ours

hayley
01-26-2003, 08:00 PM
awesome

luvscott4ever
01-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Actually, it takes HOURS!! LOL...they start the pre-game about 8 hours b4 they even start..lol...they actually only play 60 minutes, 15 minutes per quarter...but it usually takes 3 to 3 1/2 hours to play...but with the Super Bowl, it usually takes longer...the first half just got over with and that took over an hour and a half...but I don't care, cuz I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! :D

luvscott4ever
01-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Another thing I can say is...THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD!! This half time....SUX!!! Thanx to this board, it gives me something to occupy my time!! Gotta thank Creed for being around so this board would exist!! Sorry for the rambling, trying to block out the torture of listening to this awful music they have on the tv...gotta keep it on, the folks like it!! I can't imagine why!! ;)

TeriB19
01-26-2003, 08:32 PM
That's why I'm listening to some Creed tunage on the headphones while taping the game for my hubby. With trying to keep the kids occupied and keeping them from killing each other, I haven't really gotten to watch much of the game. I'll watch it on the tape with him later.

Weathered
01-26-2003, 08:40 PM
well the game itself usually takes 3 hours to 4 hours..not counting the pregame stuff

PaulMcCoygirl
01-26-2003, 08:42 PM
They didn't get anyone good for the halftime show this year:(

Dogstar
01-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
Another thing I can say is...THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD!!  This half time....SUX!!!  Thanx to this board, it gives me something to occupy my time!! Gotta thank Creed for being around so this board would exist!!  Sorry for the rambling, trying to block out the torture of listening to this awful music they have on the tv...gotta keep it on, the folks like it!!  I can't imagine why!!  ;)

:lol: :lol:
You said it...I'm not a big No Doubt fan, and I haven't really liked Sting's solo stuff...Where's Metallica when you need 'em?

JenRN
01-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
:lol: :lol:  
You said it...I'm not a big No Doubt fan, and I haven't really liked Sting's solo stuff...Where's Metallica when you need 'em?
Yeah damn it where are they?!:D I was not too impressed with Gwen Stefani's singing tonight, Sting I love...... Better with the police I agree. Sting can do incredible yoga you know........... he says it helps him have sex for hours on end!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hotforscott
01-27-2003, 12:36 AM
Sting sounded good, Shania was pretty good, but Gwen should not have even had the honor. It really sucked. She sounded like a guy and you could barely here her, it was like she was out of breath 3/4 of the time. I could have done without that half time. I thought the Dixie Chicks did an awesome job of the National Anthem.

Bridge of Clay
01-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
Actually, it takes HOURS!!  LOL...they start the pre-game about 8 hours b4 they even start..lol...they actually only play 60 minutes, 15 minutes per quarter...but it usually takes 3 to 3 1/2 hours to play...but with the Super Bowl, it usually takes longer...the first half just got over with and that took over an hour and a half...but I don't care, cuz I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!  :D

that´s what makes NFL boring... no offense!

Xterminator27
01-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Superbowl-- game where gusy throw a pigs skin to each other, in order to get their name plated on a cup.

With THE most Lip-synched performance by Shania Twain in the world.

faceless kiwi
01-29-2003, 03:15 AM
Yeah i saw the half time entertainment, that was awesome how they pulled the stage out there and did all that at halftime.

how long do they actualluy have for halftime??
being from NZ i dont know a lot about american football, i know the main rules, but i mean our rugby over here half time is like 10 mins, and the game only lasts 80 minutes, 2 40 minute halfs, then i go sit down to watch american football and holy hell it goes for ages.
I actually know someone who came over from america to watch our version called 'Rugby' and he was like hell how do they take those hits without wearing helmets they are hard men.'
lol. But yeah the game seems so stop start for me, they stop like every 5 seconds, hard for me to get into. I will stick to rugby league.

faceless kiwi
01-29-2003, 03:16 AM
Oh yeah and just another question about the game.
If the player like dives to the ground by himself does that still count as a tackle??
Or do they have to tackle him over?

DangerousDan85
01-29-2003, 03:23 AM
if his knee hits the ground, he's down

faceless kiwi
01-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Ture? Man, so if he wants to like pussy out from a tackle, he can just play dead, and they wont hit him?

DangerousDan85
01-29-2003, 06:49 PM
he can run out of bounds if he's a pussey

faceless kiwi
01-29-2003, 09:10 PM
oh yeah thats right.

lol, thats crazy.

krzycreedbabe
01-29-2003, 09:25 PM
lol dude i agree with faceless kiwi...if u think about it...football is the biggest pussy sport ever... and then they have the FUCKING NERVE to go and make fun of cheerleaders... do we wear pads on every fucking part of our body? nope.
rugby would be better to watch...we have it at our school and stuff and probly on tv sometime but ive never seen it televised which sucks cuz i could probly enjoy that.. i mean dont get me wrong...i like football and all but they TALK A LOT OF SHIT . yea they get hurt but what if they didnt have the pads? would they still even play? somethin to think about.. ok im shutting up now b4 some huge ass football fan comes here and kicks my ass

jimmy2sacs
01-29-2003, 09:45 PM
you know what... i just wont say anything about this one.

krzycreedbabe
01-29-2003, 09:51 PM
good...bc ur too scared that i could SO take you and kick the shit outta ur ass :boxing:

hayley
01-29-2003, 10:34 PM
but shanna....you guys don't exactly need pads LOL

jimmy2sacs
01-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by krzycreedbabe
good...bc ur too scared that i could SO take you and kick the shit outta ur ass :boxing:
You really couldnt though, remember?

Bridge of Clay
01-30-2003, 12:33 PM
correction:
if I had to play american football, I´d love to be a kicker!!! I´m a kick ass kicker!!! ;)

krzycreedbabe
01-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
but shanna....you guys don't exactly need pads LOL

yea cuz we're not scared to break something every once in a while

jimmy2sacs
01-30-2003, 07:46 PM
and cheerleaders dont need pads because they dont run into each other at full speed too often.

krzycreedbabe
01-30-2003, 08:27 PM
yea and last time i checked football players werent putting their lives at risk throwing ppl up in the air or GETTING thrown up in the air...hoping the person below you catches you..

faceless kiwi
01-31-2003, 02:01 AM
Well i dont wanna like annoy any fans here or anything, but oh well i probably already have.
But yeah well, they dont need pads and helmets, geez.
Rugby league over here in nz, they take way more hits then in gridion and they dont wear any padding at all, coz in league you are running straight into the tackles all the time, non stop, in gridion its like stop start all the time, the players spend more time stopped then actually playing the game, its hard to watch.

But i do like watching the highlights sometimes, coz ya see some action.

DangerousDan85
01-31-2003, 02:55 AM
wrestling is tougher than any of those sports

hayley
01-31-2003, 06:02 PM
let's not start a fight......

but dan yes...

jimmy2sacs
01-31-2003, 06:18 PM
yea and last time i checked football players werent putting their lives at risk throwing ppl up in the air or GETTING thrown up in the air...hoping the person below you catches you..
I highly doubt you would die if they didnt catch you, maybe you would fall on them. You would most likely break a bone or something. that happens in football too.

krzycreedbabe
01-31-2003, 09:18 PM
unless the ppl that are supposed to catch you move bc theyre being fuckin pussys and being scared to break a nail...:rolleyes: and for your information...there have been deaths because of cheerleading so you can shut up now

jimmy2sacs
01-31-2003, 09:30 PM
make me.

krzycreedbabe
01-31-2003, 09:48 PM
oh i will....dont think i wont..:devil:

creedster
01-31-2003, 10:46 PM
although i'm from austria(we don't have a single player in the super bowl), i like football very much. i watched the super bowl during the whole night and i was happy that the buccaneers won. but my favourite team are still the dallas cowboys. i hope they will recover soon. :confused:

hotforscott
02-01-2003, 12:37 PM
I wonder when they will recover. That's a toughie!

luvscott4ever
02-01-2003, 03:54 PM
ok im shutting up now b4 some huge ass football fan comes here and kicks my ass

Well here I am...A HUGE ASS FOOTBALL FAN...But I won't kick your a$$!! Every one has their own likes and dislikes...And they should, the world wouldn't be any fun if we didn't!! I actually find it fun and exciting, but there are times when it's boring, especially when it's all defense and no offense, now that makes for a very boring game..I like it when both teams are matched well, I like high scoring games with not a lot of defense, that makes for an exciting game!! But atleast on this board, the one thing we all have in common is our love for Creed, so with that it common, we can agree to disagree on other things!! ;)

krzycreedbabe
02-01-2003, 04:03 PM
haha i liek football just fine its probly my fav sport to watch on tv but im just saying they dont REALLY need all those pads (ahem*pussys*cough) and yea idk :D lol

Xterminator27
02-01-2003, 04:05 PM
ok all this talk about pussys and pads are confusing me.. Ummm im also scared

hotforscott
02-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh Gosh, I am leaving, this is gonna turn into something I don't want to read!

Xterminator27
02-02-2003, 05:53 PM
BE AFRIAD BE VERRY AFRAID

krzycreedbabe
02-03-2003, 08:35 PM
:lol: :roll: