Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
over rated creed [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : over rated creed

timmyslilunicor
10-05-2002, 10:21 PM
I attended the creed concert in las vegas last night, 10/4. I didn't care for Cinder too much. But 12 stones and sevendust were awesome. Especially sevendust. The lead singer was very interactive with his fans, unlike someone else. Creed's music part of the concert was great of course. And Mark was as adorable as ever, and friendly. However, I must say I'm very unimpressed with Mr. Stapp. A security guard warned us about how "Scott Stapp is all about Scott Stapp." and that was an understatement. He showed his self righteous attitude immediately. A woman who came all the way from chicago, threw a teddy bear up on stage, Scott picked it up and tossed it back at her. It was thrown back up and with a "I could kill you" look on his face he kicked it at her. What a guy. He wasn"t the least interactive with the crowd and portrayed himself as a "god" who was better than anyone. He refused to make eye contact with anyone in the audience, and I think most "fans" (although we arent' anymore) got the impression that when he would mouth "thank you" or "that was beautiful" that he was referring to himself. Scott needs to step off the pedestal and get a swift kick of reality in his butt. Fans made him who he is, without them he'd be nothing. And thats my impression of him now, being nothing. He's got the money, tell him to get a therapist and learn some compassion. I was planning on donating to the WAWO fund, and now will save my money for something with meaning because obviously its all a front.

TeriB19
10-05-2002, 11:25 PM
Really sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'd love to hear about anyone else who went to the Vegas show and found the same to be true. When Souldancer and believe come back they'll have to fill us in how how bad it really was.

Dogstar
10-05-2002, 11:50 PM
That's a shame. What a different experience I had in Cincinnati just a month and a half ago. He was awesome with the crowd, touching hands, smiling away and thoroughly enjoying the experience. He got into the crowd singing along and kept putting the mic toward the crowd during several songs.

timmyslilunicor
10-05-2002, 11:56 PM
That's a shame. What a different experience I had in Cincinnati just a month and a half ago. He was awesome with the crowd, touching hands, smiling away and thoroughly enjoying the experience. He got into the crowd singing along and kept putting the mic toward the crowd during several songs. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hmm... The security guard said he's seen many concerts and never interacted. I couldnt believe the thing with the teddy bear, that was so rude. He held the mic towards the crowd, but refused to touch any hands. and was altogether mean.

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 12:04 AM
I'm not excusing his being rude or anything, but people shouldn't be throwing stuff on the stage, not in light of 9/11. People are edgy enough.

Steve
10-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Yes, people shouldn't be throwing stuff on stage. At all the concerts I've been to, Stapp, Mark, and Brett move all over the stage. All they need is something in their way that they didn't know and BOOM, flat on their ass with a guitar in hand.

Also, Creed usually has pyros on stage. What if something that is flammable gets thrown near the pyros? That wouldn't be good.

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Good point, Steve.

timmyslilunicor
10-06-2002, 01:27 AM
Good point, Steve. >>>>>>>>>>

the only good point is that he's a stuck up jerk, excuses dont change that.

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 02:03 AM
Ah, I'm not in habit of making excuses...You are, indeed, entitled to your opinion.

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by timmyslilunicor

He held the mic towards the crowd, but refused to touch any hands. and was altogether mean.

Perhaps the fact that the Phoenix and Bakersfield concerts for 10/5 & 10/6 were postponed because of SCOTT'S UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION had something to do with why Scott wouldn't touch any of the fan's hands. Maybe he didn't want to MAKE ANYONE ELSE SICK!!! And I know I never am in the greatest of moods when I'm sick.

As for the teddy bear, Steve is 100% correct, do they really need a teddy bear catching on fire or tripping them up?

timmyslilunicor
10-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Perhaps the fact that the Phoenix and Bakersfield concerts for 10/5 & 10/6 were postponed because of SCOTT'S UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION had something to do with why Scott wouldn't touch any of the fan's hands. Maybe he didn't want to MAKE ANYONE ELSE SICK!!! And I know I never am in the greatest of moods when I'm sick.

As for the teddy bear, Steve is 100% correct, do they really need a teddy bear catching on fire or tripping them up? >>>>>

LMAO some people will make any excuses. FYI, the pyrotecnics are near the back, this was way at the front of the stage, and unless he's blind, other than being blind to his faults, he easily saw it. He's a **** and thats all to it. Funny, is he sick at the majority of his concerts? And mind you, he wouldnt be ale to perform if he had an upper respiratory infection. But, conceited men tend to be babies when it comes to illness.

>>> Admin Edit: Watch The Language <<<

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Give me a break. I've had several respiratory infections and believe me, they hit very quickly and you do feel like garbage before they actually hit. The guy is human, not a god.

And another thing. It doesn't matter where the %$#@!@#$# pyrotechnics are on the stage. It's idiotic for anyone to throw anything at the stage. It's disruptive and it can cause a problem, or worse yet, an injury.

I think you're a Creed basher in disguise. I doubt you've ever really liked the group, so why not bugger off, OK?

allison
10-06-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I think you're a Creed basher in disguise. I doubt you've ever really liked the group, so why not bugger off, OK?

Yes, definitely a basher who wasn't even at the show.:rolleyes:

Altair
10-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Timmy, you've made your point. Join us in the celebration of Creed. We'd like that. You see, we are Creed fans, and you are being no better than the foul character you are trying to make Stapp out as. If you're not a Creed fan, then politely move on. Doesn't that seem reasonable? Afterall, you're not going to change our loyalty, so why seek to cause bad feelings?
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It's no fun to have a bad concert. Perhaps, next time, you might try entering the experience with no expectations of any kind and simply take it for what it is. If Stapp was a jerk, then let it go. You don't have to let other's actions determine your state of mind. Seek and maintain peace.

BrandiDeLain
10-06-2002, 07:49 PM
I just recently attended my first Creed concert (9-24-02 in Dallas, TX) & was lucky enough to be on or near the 1st row all night (depending on how the crowd shifted). I've attended approx. 25 concerts in my lifetime (I'm 31) & have never felt the pure adrenaline rush I experienced @ Creed. I was fully blown away by every aspect of their amazing performance. Most impressive to me & my companion was the amount of interaction between Scott Stapp & the fans. For the entire (almost) 2 hour set, he did everything possible to make the crowd feel like an integral part of the show...including constant smiling at fans, talking directly to fans & encouraging fans to join him in singing. I've never felt so connected to a band during a show. It elevated the entire concert experience for me & I was indeed taken "higher". Anyone who attends a Creed concert & doesn't feel this same way better check their pulse.

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Well put! And welcome to the board. Hope you stay and a have a good time.

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BrandiDeLain
<b> I've never felt so connected to a band during a show. It elevated the entire concert experience for me & I was indeed taken "higher". Anyone who attends a Creed concert & doesn't feel &nbsp;this same way better check their pulse. </b> Couldn't have said it any better myself Brandi. Welcome aboard, hope you have fun here. Despite the occasional basher, we are a fun group and enjoy ourselves. Hope you do too!

souldancer
10-06-2002, 09:07 PM
the only good point is that he's a stuck up jerk, excuses dont change that.

I was also at the Las Vegas concert and I have a TOTALLY DIFFERENT IMPRESSION than yours! I was on the catwalk rail, and saw the teddy bear incident. I am going to pace my reaction to your post -so I don't fly off with some hot text and graphics. I accept that we all have different perspectives and impressions - I will post about MY experience, what I saw and felt at the concert - not on what what security guys said...or rumorville.

PS Have you heard the statement, "my mind is already made up, don't confuse me with the facts." GET REAL you missed the WHOLE show. Wouldn't surprise me to find out you are a friend of the person that threw the bear.

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 09:12 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said souldancer. All goes to prove, there's my version, your version and the truth. Don't believe everything you hear/read.

Bridge of Clay
10-06-2002, 09:53 PM
I have a complaint about CREED concerts....

Itīs only 2 hours long... :mad:
It should be longer and longer!!!

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, and they should be singing in my living room!:mad:

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 10:10 PM
LMAO!!

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 10:12 PM
And you'd be sitting on the couch next to me, Dogstar! I have a big sectional sofabed, so they could play in my living room, then crash out on my sofabed after the show. See, it all works out.:D

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Woooooo-hooooooooooooooooooooo. I'd be there in a flash! (and hope for a flash from you-know-who:D )!

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 10:15 PM
Perhaps if he's wearing those leather pants that aren't put together all that well.;)

Dogstar
10-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Hell, yeah!

TeriB19
10-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Those are my favorite kind. ;)

souldancer
10-07-2002, 12:38 AM
I coudn't possible put my Las Vegas review in a thread with this title - so, if anyone is interested... I created a new thread "Las Vegas! Rocked in spite of health".

Didn't get to hear " What If " Friday night, but it's been running through my head these last few hours!! STRONG, if you know what I mean!

PS - You're right Marcos - it leaves you wanting MORE! Great to see my fellow Muskateers having a fun time in the couches of their minds! :)

Lady Valkyrie
10-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Timmy is definately a Creed basher. I find it so cool in spite of your bad review Timmy people here still gave you the benifit of the doubt. But with each post you made you became more and more nasty and you made your true colors shine through... you are a creed basher.

I applaud those who tried to give Timmy the benifit of the doubt instead of bashing him for his opinion. LOL ;)

Read JDM
10-07-2002, 09:38 PM
You know, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but Scott Stapp is not a total jerk and there's plenty of evidence to support it. I mean, when Scott got hit by another car earlier this year, he got out and rescued the other driver in spite of the wounds they caused him. I'm not entirely sure you or many of the people on this board would do the same. No doubt, Scott's got an ego; I don't think you can be a rock star without one, even if some people have smaller egos than others. But even if his illness is no excuse for shooting a dirty look, in your mind, I still don't see where you get off condemning another human being on such a flimsy basis.

TeriB19
10-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Damn straight! I agree 110%.

souldancer
10-08-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Read JDM
You know, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but , I still don't see where you get off condemning another human being on such a flimsy basis. Here here! Hail to JDM! :)

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Amen to JDM, TeriB and Souldancer! You guys are right on!

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 01:29 AM

As for the teddy bear, Steve is 100% correct, do they really need a teddy bear catching on fire or tripping them up? >>>>>

LMAO some people will make any excuses. FYI, the pyrotecnics are near the back, this was way at the front of the stage, and unless he's blind, other than being blind to his faults, he easily saw it. He's a **** and thats all to it. Funny, is he sick at the majority of his concerts? And mind you, he wouldnt be ale to perform if he had an upper respiratory infection. But, conceited men tend to be babies when it comes to illness.

>>> Admin Edit: Watch The Language <<<

Sorry Buddy, but you are about to get laid out!!! :boxing: I have been to 3 of their concerts during this tour...And let me tell you!!! Scott is the farthest from being CONCEITED!! Every show I've been to has been AWESOME!! AND I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES!! I flew to Vegas Friday from Minneapolis (if you even know where that it is) & drove to Phoenix on Saturday for the show ) @ a 6 hour drive) just to see them perform, and when I found out that the show was postponed I was CRUSHED!!! I've seen them, I know JUST HOW GREAT THEY ARE IN CONCERT!!! So I had to come back home...And now I have to wait until they come back to Phoenix for the show, and let me TELL YOU!! (IDIOT) They will be soooo most absolutely worth the extra airfare (for 2 people) to see!!! GET A CLUE...YOU FOOL!!!

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 01:34 AM
Sorry to everyone else (especially my dear friends) on this board, but this person timmyslilunicor , This person REALLY PISSED MY OFF!!! Alot of us have been to the concerts and WE KNOW!! that they Rock, don't need some Newbie coming in and making a JERK out of himself, and as you all know, I will ALWAYS stick up for Creed (Scott) they RULE MY WORLD!!

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Amen, luvscott. ROCK ON!!! CREED RULES IN CONCERT!!!!

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 01:52 AM
I'm not excusing his being rude or anything, but people shouldn't be throwing stuff on the stage, not in light of 9/11. People are edgy enough.

You shouldn't have to excuse Scott and the rest , we (you& i) know that's not what he's (Scott) all about!! I've been to 3 or their shows (& going to 3 more) and he's NEVER been rude!! Souldancer was there too and she didn't have anything negative to say, she had a GREAT experience at that show!! and that was her first one (atleast I think it was) I was soo surprised to see that the show was over so early and when I found out the next day, after I drove over 5 hours and flew over 1600 miles to see them (the day I was suppose to see them and couldn't....BECUZ SCOTT WAS/IS SICK!!) I remember thinking and saying to my daugher: "Something's wrong, all of the other shows we've gone to have lasted longer than this!" And saying "Poor Scott" even my daughter knew that something must be wrong, cuz she can see/feel in their music that they really feel for us fans, and appreciate ALL THAT WE HAVE DONE FOR THEM!!! IMFO!!! :peacelove

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 01:57 AM
Amen, luvscott. ROCK ON!!! CREED RULES IN CONCERT!!!!
Don't you just know it....Lord knows I've spent alot of money on this band (by the time I'm done with the Phoenix show ( 2nd time being there) it will be well over $3000, and worth every penny I've spent, and I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! :)

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 01:59 AM
You are so right, luvscott. Was trying to give timmy the benefit of the doubt before he showed his true colors. A Creed-basher in sheep's clothing. It came through after several posts. Anyone who really loves Creed would have seen the truth!

BigBassDrummer
10-08-2002, 02:29 PM
funny.... every show I've been to there has been some girl that sent roses or something up on stage and he took them and set them down and took them with him after the show.

allison
10-08-2002, 02:50 PM
I guess Timmy got on his unicorn and flew away. Hmmm...oh well.

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 06:39 PM
It's not that Timmy ran away or anything. He's just busy trying to get tickets to a Justin Timberlake concert. Let's all wish him luck.

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 06:51 PM
LMFAO, JDM.

Read JDM
10-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Well, you see the connection, don't you?

Timmy...
Timberlake...
Timmy Timberlake!

Dogstar
10-08-2002, 07:13 PM
:lol: :roll:

luvscott4ever
10-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Well, you see the connection, don't you? &nbsp;

Timmy...
Timberlake... &nbsp;