Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
That song "Bother: [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : That song "Bother:

hayley
01-18-2003, 03:12 AM
I love this song it's pretty beautiful i just dont know who it's by it was jsut on the radio and the guy just said but i foget :rolleyes: hey i'm tired;) but the song goes....
"You dont need to bother...i don't need to be....i'll keep slipping further......"
Do you know which one i'm talking about? It's a really nice song.:)

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Hey, A2S, the group is Stone Sour. I think one of the guys from Slip Knot is in it.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-18-2003, 11:58 AM
now it's like the 2 guys from slipknot....the guitarist is in there too...i accually read a really interesting article about stone sour in GW......Stone Sour was accually Corey Tayler(the singer) and the guitarist's band before slipknot....but slipknot recruited them to be in there band...so Stone Sour boke up....now they back...so really Slipknot is really Corey Tayler Side Project instead of Stone Sour like most people think...lol....did that make any sense???

hotforscott
01-18-2003, 12:08 PM
I am so behind on my music, Dogstar, you are the music queen. You know EVERYTHING about music!!!!!!!!:P

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 01:29 PM
LOL, hardly, but thanks ;). I think Matt's got me be beat...I did indeed think Stone Sour was the Slipknot guy's side project. DOH! I give myself points, though, for actually remembering the name of the group at my mature age :D. There are so many out there now, LOL...

Hey Matt, was that in the January issue of GW? If so, I heard that there was a review of Jerry Cantrell's new double CD in that one. If it's in there, I'll go buy the mag. I don't always get that because I don't play guitar, but they sometimes interview some of my fave axemen...like Jerry :). Thanks.
That's good that they are back in Stone Sour. I really didn't get into Slipknot too much.

hotforscott
01-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey Dogstar, did Jerry Cantrell ever open for Creed? I was trying to do some reaearch on where Scott got his tattoo and I came across a fan site that had a concert review and it said that Jerry Cantrell opened. Is that true? I didn't even know that.

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Yes, he spent a few months in the summer with them. It was great because it was like a double shot, seeing Jerry and Creed in one night!. I drove from Philly to Cincinnati to catch him because I couldn't go the NJ shows near me, as I had to work and couldn't get the days off. The Cincy show was on one of my days off.

hotforscott
01-18-2003, 01:47 PM
That's pretty cool. I know on the Human Clay tour Collective Soul opened for them at the show here and that was like 2 concerts in one because I really like them also.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
LOL, hardly, but thanks ;). I think Matt's got me be beat...I did indeed think Stone Sour was the Slipknot guy's side project. DOH! I give myself points, though, for actually remembering the name of the group at my mature age :D. There are so many out there now, LOL...

Hey Matt, was that in the January issue of GW? If so, I heard that there was a review of Jerry Cantrell's new double CD in that one. If it's in there, I'll go buy the mag. I don't always get that because I don't play guitar, but they sometimes interview some of my fave axemen...like Jerry :). Thanks.
That's good that they are back in Stone Sour. I really didn't get into Slipknot too much.
no i dont think so...I'm not sure which one it was in....i dunno...I'd have to look.....

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 02:04 PM
That's OK, you don't have to do that, but thanks anyway :)

krzycreedbabe
01-18-2003, 02:40 PM
yea the songs by Stone Sour..and to elaborate on Matts posting..

Corey Taylor and i didnt know bout the guitarist but ok.. they started out in Stone Sour and then pulled outta that band to join Slipknot... then they decided to reform Stone Sour, they were actually gonna change the name from Stone Sour to something else i forget at the moment but decided against that and just stayed with the name Stone Sour and Dogstar dont be fooled by this one song... the most of their songs are same type of music as Slipknot..listen to Inhale or Get Inside.. i happen to like Slipknot and also Stone Sour i like them just as much .. Corey wanted to make it very clear that this band since its kinda just gettin big that its NOT the same as Slipknot.. he doesnt wear the masks and stuff as the members of Slipknot do so yea..:D :jam:

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
That's pretty cool. I know on the Human Clay tour Collective Soul opened for them at the show here and that was like 2 concerts in one because I really like them also.

That's neat. I used to like Collective Soul but I haven't been into them in a while. That's a good matchup, though.

hayley
01-18-2003, 04:16 PM
so the song is awesome ah? lol;)

DangerousDan85
01-18-2003, 06:55 PM
i saw the video, it was ok, the song is kinda boring, I like more upbeat songs

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by krzycreedbabe
Dogstar dont be fooled by this one song... the most of their songs are same type of music as Slipknot..listen to Inhale or Get Inside.. i happen to like Slipknot and also Stone Sour i like them just as much .. Corey wanted to make it very clear that this band since its kinda just gettin big that its NOT the same as Slipknot.. he doesnt wear the masks and stuff as the members of Slipknot do so yea..:D  :jam:

Thanks for the heads up, Shanna. I do like Bother, though. Nice little melody.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-18-2003, 11:48 PM
I like Stone Sour, they have osme pretty good songs

krzycreedbabe
01-19-2003, 02:57 PM
meeeeeeeee toooooooooooo :jam: :tremonti: :rockon: :jam: :rockon: :tremonti:

PaulMcCoygirl
01-20-2003, 01:25 AM
They went ot San Antonio along with Disturbed, Sinch, Trust Co. and Saliva to do a concert, but unfortunately I had to miss it because we had our regionals for volleyball:mad:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-20-2003, 12:57 PM
man that woulda been a kickass concert!....I really like saliva....they kool......how did u guys do at regionals?

creedfan47a
01-20-2003, 06:06 PM
'Bother' is on the Spiderman soundtrack, which I have, and it just says it is by Corey Taylor, not Slipknot or Stone Sour. :)

Wylde-Tremonti
01-20-2003, 06:08 PM
yeah....that was on there before stone sour got back together "officially"

krzycreedbabe
01-20-2003, 06:13 PM
^^you heard the man...:D

Weathered
01-21-2003, 10:14 PM
first...yes jerry was on tour with creed this summer...personally i thought he put on a great show.....but extremely boring....i mean....when your waiting for creed to come out...yeah it gets boring...but he was to slow for that show ...but still kicked ass

second....corey taylor wrote "bother" when he was 17 or 18 he is now 28 ....he plays the guitar parts and sings on it...when he played it on leno...there was also violins

Bridge of Clay
01-21-2003, 10:44 PM
nice song... but I´ll go with Dan, I like something more upbeat

Marty
01-22-2003, 11:06 AM
You can either download the song, or get it on the Spiderman soundtrack (which is a awesome soundtrack)
________
BlackPearlGaby cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/BlackPearlGaby)

hayley
01-23-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
nice song... but I´ll go with Dan, I like something more upbeat

yeah i see where your coming from any other song that had no "life" to it like this one kinda did i woulsn't be interested but bother has someting about it that i really love.

Bridge of Clay
01-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
<b>yeah i see where your coming from any other song that had no "life" to it like this one kinda did i woulsn't be interested but bother has someting about it that i really love. </b>

well, I dunno if I put it right... I meant, it´s a really good song and I liked it better when I heard it for the second time, it needs a lil salt, if you know what I mean!

hotforscott
01-23-2003, 06:47 PM
A2S, today at work everyone was looking for that CD, and we are sold out and have about 10 on order. Pretty popular CD. I heard it on the radio today, I liked it.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
man that woulda been a kickass concert!....I really like saliva....they kool......how did u guys do at regionals?

We unfortunately lost because our stupid coach :mad: decided to put our middle blocker in the back row (which by the way she never played before) and so our opponent saw she was the back row weakness and kept serving the ball back to her every time. It wasn't our middle blockers fault it was our coaches, she even tried beging our coach not to put her in the back row cuz she knew she would mess up.