Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Crossing Over [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Over

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 01:04 PM
Okay, I am quite skeptical when it comes to certain things, but I have been watching Crossing Over with John Edward while I am working out (he makes the 1/2 hour on the treadmill go quickly) and I would like to know if anyone else is fascinated by the show? I am really starting to believe that some of the things he "reads" are true. Some things you just can't know about a person, like what they are thinking, early childhood nicknames, etc. Anyone else believe what he says or do you think it's all fixed?

jango
09-22-2002, 02:40 PM
In my Psych course, we discussed the issue of extra sensory perception. Interesting thing is, with EVERY recognized "psychic," not just the ones with fake accents, they have been able to prove them wrong time and time again... with the exception of one person: John Edwards.

However, I still believe it's all smoke and mirrors.

Steve
09-22-2002, 02:44 PM
What about that woman who goes on the Montell Williams show all the time? Can't remember her name... one of the things she said was Gore would win the last election. Bush won, then she used the excuse that Gore actually did with with all that voting fraud issue thing.

jango
09-22-2002, 02:50 PM
That's a pathetic excuse. Seriously, anyone can be a Monday morning quarterback, but it takes real talent to predict who'll win the night before. :) They're all a load of crap.

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by jango
<b>In my Psych course, we discussed the issue of extra sensory perception. Interesting thing is, with EVERY recognized "psychic," not just the ones with fake accents, they have been able to prove them wrong time and time again... with the exception of one person: John Edwards.

However, I still believe it's all smoke and mirrors. </b> I used to think so too. But he had a woman on the other day who's brother had died. John asked her if she used to call him a pig. She started crying because she had. Then he got something really gross. He asked if anyone in the family "was digging for gold and would eat it" to put it nicely. She said yes, that it was her. He said it was the deceased brother's way of saying "take that, you called me a pig, now I'm embarrassing you on tv". I cannot see her telling him in advance that she was a nose picker. Too weird.

jango
09-22-2002, 03:28 PM
See, that's why I don't rule it out completely. I just think there's a little more to it... He's more original than the others, perhaps the best I've ever seen... but still. There's just something not right about the whole thing.

TeriB19
09-22-2002, 04:46 PM
I think it'd be interesting to see his show in person. It's freaky the stuff he comes up with.

hayley
09-22-2002, 05:19 PM
haven't seen none.:(

Dogstar
09-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Me either.

souldancer
09-23-2002, 03:22 AM
yeah, I am totally in the dark here...and I had no idea that Teri was going to post this question :) - BUT I DO BELIEVE that Gore did win! And facts could have shown that. (don't get me started...)

jango
09-23-2002, 01:22 PM
Well, she's not talking logistically here. The psychic was saying Gore won the popular vote, and that's what she had prognosticated, not necessarily an overall win. Gore did win the popular vote, but lost the electoral thanks to the Supreme Court and some morons in Florida who don't know how to vote.

No offense to any Floridians we have on the board. ;) But gosh dang, you did it again.

souldancer
09-23-2002, 01:44 PM
They sure did - I think some of them need to vacuum the chads out from between their ears! :)

jango
09-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Did anyone catch the Daily Show the other night when Jon was discussing it. Soooooo funny. He held up a map of the US and basically stated that all the stupidity in the country flows Southward until it hits this little reservoir, Florida.

Good stuff.

allison
09-24-2002, 11:32 AM
I am usually pretty skeptical about psychic stuff, but, damn, have you seen The Pet Psychic? I swear, she's for real.

TeriB19
09-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Have not seen the pet psychic, but I had a feeling you were going to mention that.:D

Aimee
09-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Irene Weinberg lost her husband in a car accident. She went on John Edward's show as a skeptic. John asked her if she was wearing a charm of a skiier under her sweater. It was her husband's. Favorite. She was. She then went on to seek another psychic who, because the spirit was so strong, allowed Irene to speak to her husband through the psychic's body. Her story is much more compelling than I can say and beautifully written by Saul Weinberg, Irene's husband - from another plane.
You can read her story in Love's Eternal Marriage and you can order it from www.1stbooks.com (http://www.1stbooks.com)

TeriB19
09-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Stories like that usually make me cry. I might be a big crybaby, but when I see his show and see the reaction of the loved ones who are so touched by something their departed ones touch on it just makes me cry.

allison
09-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Have not seen the pet psychic, but I had a feeling you were going to mention that.:D

HA! You know me too well!

TeriB19
09-25-2002, 11:03 AM
I know you and I like you!:)

allison
09-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Thanks. The feeling's mutual.

Lady Valkyrie
09-26-2002, 07:35 AM
I believe that there are people who have psychic abilities... however most in today's society are flakes and con-artists. I believe that these "psychic" abilities come from God. I have been in churches where an evangelist has "read" me when I was going through a very hard issue in my life and I needed guidance. I feel God has used these evangelists to help guide me through difficult situations. These "evangelical psychics" have what the bible calls "the gift of knowledge" 1 Corinthians chapter 12 speaks of the gifts that God's Holy spirit distributes to different people to benifit the entire church. So even Christians have "psychics" so to speak... but they are used by God to help people and to guide them. But for every true thing of God there are counterfeits from satan. I feel that there are some counterfiet evangelists who claim that God gives them certain abilities when in reality they have rigged up very elaborate schemes and mainly it's for the money, for people seem to give more money to evagelists when there are "gifts" displayed as well as miracles. Are there psychics outside of the church? Yes there are. Are they true psychics? Some are, most are not. There are so many fake "Miss Cleo's" out there that it's hard to find or trust a real one when you come across them for yourself.

I have seen the show you are talking about. Do I believe he's for real? *shrugs* I don't know. I mean it is TV after all. Things could be rigged. I mean not everything that you see on tv is real... even if they claim it's real. I feel that one would have to experience this man and his readings for themselves to make an educated decsion one way or another.

allison
09-26-2002, 11:00 AM
A little off the topic, but how the hell does David Blaine levitate on the street in front of groups of people???? I know it's a trick, but how does he do it? :eek: :confused:

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 11:25 AM
That's something I've always been curious about. It's not like he's on a stage where they can hide any tricks. He is out on a busy street surrounded by people. How does he do it?

souldancer
09-26-2002, 12:31 PM
So many questions in life...I love it when we talk about the mysteries and miracles of Life. :) Of course, I can't help you...just need to say "I HAVE NO IDEA?" - but am impressed/curious and would want to witness it live, to see and feel the 'act' as I have major problems with media output.

TeriB19
09-28-2002, 01:06 PM
I think I'd like to see it in person myself.

allison
09-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Me too! I would love to. Magic is fascinating to me-and also maddeing b/c it kills me not to be able to figure out how it's done! I guy I bartended with in college saw him levitate on the street in NYC back in '97. He said that he couldn't sleep for days and that David threw up right afterwards, like he exerted himself too much. Maybe part of the act- I don't know. :confused:

TeriB19
09-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Possibly thrown in for effect. But still curious, where could the strings possibly go? I just don't know.

allison
09-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Yeah, on the street?? Beats the shit out of me.