Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
YAY for me!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : YAY for me!!

creedfan47a
01-15-2003, 10:29 PM
GET THIS EVERYONE!!!

The most amazing thing happened to me last night!! :dancing:

It's a very long story, but I'll cut it short.

Basically, I received a holiday present from the Live fan club (I joined because they are my pretty-much-equal-favourite band with Creed) and in it was a card telling me I had won first prize in the 2002 holiday competition. This means that I have won

2 tickets and meet and greet passes to a Live show!!!!

YAY!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :party: :party2:

TeriB19
01-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey, I wanted to read the really really long version again!!!!

But seriously,
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm really really excited for you! (Secretly part of me is hoping for a USA show only). ;)

hayley
01-15-2003, 10:43 PM
wow that's awesome cool

Wylde-Tremonti
01-15-2003, 11:11 PM
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoodGodGirl23
01-15-2003, 11:17 PM
That's great news!!!!;) :)

creedfan47a
01-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone! :D Stuff like this doesn't happen to me!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it - I think I've read it 20 times since!! :P

Dogstar
01-16-2003, 12:05 AM
OMFG, that is SO AWESOME BEC!!! My jaw dropped. Wow, that is just GREAT! I really like them, too, and would love it if they came here. I sure hope they do. When are they coming your way?

creedfan47a
01-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
OMFG, that is SO AWESOME BEC!!! My jaw dropped. Wow, that is just GREAT! I really like them, too, and would love it if they came here. I sure hope they do. When are they coming your way?

I know!! I'm still so stoked!! Teri said she can't believe she knows someone who has won something this big!!

The only concert date listed on their web site is a show in March in Orlando, Florida (!). But I do know their new album is due out in the first half of this year, so hopefully they will do a world tour and come my way!! I have emailed the fan club just to make sure I can use the tickets and passes in Australia. If I can't, I'm coming over your way to use them!! :D

Dogstar
01-16-2003, 03:19 AM
WOW, that is SO COOL! Well, I'm hoping you are *forced* to make a trip to the U.S. and maybe we ALL could meet! How cool would THAT be? Do they have a date yet for the March show in Orlando (CREED territory!)?

hotforscott
01-16-2003, 03:41 AM
I haven't heard anything from them in awhile, but I just love their older stuff. I am so behind on my music. Congrats Bec, that is so cool. I hope you have a great time.

Siana
01-16-2003, 04:37 AM
hey,congratulations!!!!!!!i'm very happy 4 you...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

creedfan47a
01-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Thank you Siana and Carrie! :D

Sorry to report this Dogstar, but I got an email from the fan club today saying: "You can use your tickets and passes at any show you wish no matter where it is. As long as it isn't a festival and as long as there is a guestlist, you are eligible to use your winnings." So it looks like I'll be using them in Australia!

Don't worry, I'm come over and see you all some day!! :)

Carrie, you should check out the latest album 'V'. Some Live fans don't seem to like it, but I love it. It's different to their earlier stuff, but that's what makes it special! :D

hotforscott
01-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Cool, I will have to check it out. I have a list going of CD's to pick up on payday, there are several I need to get. Thanks, sounds like an awesome proze to be able to pick your show. I hope you have a wonderful time.

creedfan47a
01-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Cool, I will have to check it out. I have a list going of CD's to pick up on payday, there are several I need to get. Thanks, sounds like an awesome proze to be able to pick your show. I hope you have a wonderful time.

If you haven't heard their fourth album, The Distance To Here, you definitely should add it to your list too!!

Thanks, I'm sure I will have an awesome time!! I just gotta wait for them to come over here! :D

creedfan47a
01-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Do they have a date yet for the March show in Orlando (CREED territory!)?

They are playing March 22 at Universal Studios (Main Stage) in Orlando.

Dogstar
01-17-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
If you haven't heard their fourth album, The Distance To Here, you definitely should add it to your list too!!

I just got a $10 gift certificate from the record store I frequent, and I think that will be next on my list.

creedfan47a
01-17-2003, 01:58 AM
Definitely! It's a really great album! :D

Dogstar
01-17-2003, 02:07 AM
I'm going on Saturday. I can earn triple points on my frequent buyer plan :).

creedfan47a
01-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Frequent buyer? How often do you buy there??? :)

Dogstar
01-17-2003, 02:15 AM
Oh, I'm bad....I'm there at least two or three times a month and I usually don't buy just one CD. I've already had two $5 gift certificates and I only joined in October :D...I'm trying to replace some of my older vinyl, as I don't have a turntable..I have a lot of vinyl, LOL...