09-20-2007, 07:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_King:_Rise_of_the_Akkadian

It's not going to feature The Rock? This movie is already dead to me.:mad1:

bilal
09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
^ lol :D

Scorpion King
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Normally, things like this don't get to me. But these movies came out when alot of shit was happening in my life. I was having the usual middle school/high school emotional problems (I liked a girl, she didn't like me). I was just entering high school and some seriously hard classes (well, they seemed hard at the the time, like Chemistry). The Scorpion King was probably the last movie that I saw in theaters before I broke my knee and vomited blood as a reaction from the painkillers, putting me out of school. Also, there was of course 9/11 (I live right outside of DC, and could see the smoke from the Pentagon burning). Breaking my knee was a living nightmare. It felt like beyond hell, and I was not good on crutches. Vomiting blood and going to the emergency room wasn't too fun either. Later, when I was layed up and recovering, I remember seeing The Mummy Returns at home with a friend. It was a good break from just sitting around, letting my knee heal, and desperately trying to keep up with my school work.
In terms of music, look at my avatar. The Scorpion King soundtrack got me into some really awesome bands that I like. One of them was System Of A Down, whose songs were on rock radio all the time then, and whose second album was number one the week of 9/11 and when I broke my knee. Also, the Creed song To Whom It May Concern, which was on the soundtrack, convinced me to buy the Creed albums. I mean, I had liked their radio singles, but they just didn't convince to buy the albums. For some reason, TWIMC did. Other bands on the soundtrack like Nickelback, Hoobastank, and P.O.D. were an indelible part of my early teen years. If you don't like any those bands, fine, I can respect that. But on a personal level, they mean alot to me. Ninth grade was a very tough year for me, and music, graphic novels, and movies helped me keep my sanity.
So basically, with these new movies coming out, I was hoping to be able to go down memory lane, but the geniuses in Hollywood have fucked that up. No, it's definitely not one of the greatest movie series' made, although it's damn fun. But personally, these movies mean alot to me (as you can tell from my username) for a variety of reasons, and it's a shame that they aren't keeping the original casts.