Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Santa wins! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Santa wins!

eusebioCBR
12-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I am so tired of those who believe they have the right to NOT be offended.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lisant195021603dec19,0,1944289.story?coll=ny-main-bigpix

Santa 1, thin skinned 0:)

Ana4Stapp
12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Commack School District Superintendent James Feltman said he told the district's transportation supervisor that the hat could stay since it was not a religious object, was not distracting to the driver, and didn't interfere with the driver's duties. ENOUGH reasons to stop the 'problem' right?

SecretWeapon
12-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Yes, unfortunately, the U.S. is full of whiners... Authorities are constantly embarrassing everyone else. Who cares if a small fraction of the country is offended by nativity scenes or doves at Christmastime? The Few don't own the world, there is such a thing as the Tyranny of the Individual, and I think that the US has more of those tyrants than any other place in the world.

JulieCitySlicker
12-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Meh! Christmas to me has nothing to do with some fat man with a white beard,in a red suit. There is a little bit more meaning in this holiday than that:)

eusebioCBR
12-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Meh! Christmas to me has nothing to do with some fat man with a white beard,in a red suit. There is a little bit more meaning in this holiday than that:)

Ofcoarse there's more to Christmas than that. I was amused by the idea of an "I'm offended" person not winning. Take a :chillpill

JulieCitySlicker
12-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Ofcoarse there's more to Christmas than that. I was amused by the idea of an "I'm offended" person not winning. Take a :chillpill

I do realize that eusebioCBR;) I just felt the need to add my :2cents: Wasn't trying to give you flack about it in any way either:)

eusebioCBR
12-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I do realize that eusebioCBR;) I just felt the need to add my :2cents: Wasn't trying to give you flack about it in any way either:)

You dumped on my Halloween thread too so I defended my effort.;)

JulieCitySlicker
12-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Oooops! My bad:)

RalphyS
01-03-2007, 04:12 AM

Looks like a storm in a glass of water, most non-believers even enjoy the Santa-thing, there is no religious undertone at all, if one thing has been de-religified it's Santa.

What's there to dislike about a feast that celebrates peace on earth and the changing of the seasons? That the Christians kidnapped it and used it as the birthday of their saviour doesn't bother me either, a birth is still a happy thing.

metalchris25
01-04-2007, 05:52 PM
some people are just out to cause others problems for no good reason at all.

JulieCitySlicker
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Didn't mean to cause any problems:o