Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Is Hugo Chavez Crazy? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Is Hugo Chavez Crazy?

Chase
09-25-2006, 02:45 PM
The other day at the U.N., he called President Bush "El Diablo (The Devil)" and abused his opportunity to speak at the United Nations. Now, he's saying that the President wants him immediately assassinated.

He called the president of Mexico "the puppy dog of the empire" and the president of Peru a "thief and a crocodile," and warned him "don't mess with me."

Anybody have a clue as to what's wrong with him? You know there's something wrong if America's most prominent Bush critics in the Democratic Party are condemning Chavez for verbally attacking President Bush.

metalchris25
09-26-2006, 03:56 AM
How are things in Sweden man? Or are you back?

I think the guy is looney. Maybe not, but he is a little lacking in the intelligence dept. To waste an opportunity like that just to bash others is ridiculous.

RalphyS
09-26-2006, 04:54 AM
Well, crazy isn't the word, I think. This guy seems to ride on the wave of anti-American sentiment in his country and all over the world. Noone really takes him seriously, because he is overstating his points and therefore he can never be the posterboy for the above mentioned sentiment.

On the other hand it does win him democratic elections in his own country. politicians all are the same, Dubya uses the fear for terror for his own political gain, Chavez uses the dislike for the American politics for his.

What should concern the USA is that this anti-American sentiment, even in the west, has grown to such proportions, even among those who admire the basic American values for decades, that guys like this are almost taken seriously.

I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country, but never before has an American president been looked upon with so much disregard in the world as George W. Bush and you know this is an understatement. Should it be a reason for concern for you? You decide that for yourselves!

JulieCitySlicker
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Hugo Chavez is a wanker;)

Ana4Stapp
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Honestly Hugo Chavez is a 'very intelligent' guy trying to cal attention to media and obviously pretending to hide the real (sad)situation in Venezuela to his people ....but i really dont consider him as a real treat...well not yet...actually he tried a lot to obtain Lula's (Brazilian President) support to his 'ideas' to fight agaisnt american imperialism ...
Hes an example of a 'populistic" and -surely an extremely charismatic -leader... so hes far away of being classified as a crazy guy...believe me ;)

Ana4Stapp
09-26-2006, 09:12 PM
What should concern the USA is that this anti-American sentiment, even in the west, has grown to such proportions, even among those who admire the basic American values for decades, that guys like this are almost taken seriously.

I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country, but never before has an American president been looked upon with so much disregard in the world as George W. Bush and you know this is an understatement. Should it be a reason for concern for you? You decide that for yourselves!

Very interesting points, my friend...as always btw...;)

eusebioCBR
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Well, crazy isn't the word, I think. This guy seems to ride on the wave of anti-American sentiment in his country and all over the world. Noone really takes him seriously, because he is overstating his points and therefore he can never be the posterboy for the above mentioned sentiment.

On the other hand it does win him democratic elections in his own country. politicians all are the same, Dubya uses the fear for terror for his own political gain, Chavez uses the dislike for the American politics for his.

Speaking for myself, anti-American sentiment does not bother me in the least. If anything it makes me feel more patriotic.

There's some anti-Eusebio sentiment in my own life and I'll never change anything about myself for anybodys approval. So I respect my country for doing the same.

If the world isn't happy with America, then they should try some good old fashioned capitolism and take charge.

If Hugo believes GWB is satan, he sure doesn't seem to mind $doing business$(oil) with the devil. Hugo isn't crazy, he's just another HYPOCRITE.

Chase
09-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Honestly Hugo Chavez is a 'very intelligent' guy trying to cal attention to media and obviously pretending to hide the real (sad)situation in Venezuela to his people ....but i really dont consider him as a real treat...well not yet...actually he tried a lot to obtain Lula's (Brazilian President) support to his 'ideas' to fight agaisnt american imperialism ...
Hes an example of a 'populistic" and -surely an extremely charismatic -leader... so hes far away of being classified as a crazy guy...believe me ;)

According to Wikipedia:

In response to the speech, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives and an ardent critic of President Bush, called Chávez an "everyday thug" and not the "modern day Simon Bolivar" that he "fancies himself to be". "Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela." United States Representative Charles Rangel (D) also said in a press release that "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us". Iowa Senator Tom Harkin (D) called Chávez's comments "incendiary." Former U.S. President Bill Clinton called the "personal demonization" a "mistake" that only hurt Chávez and his country.

Keep in mind, those are some very ardent Bush critics that are pissed off at what Chavez said.

I met some Peruvians the other day who are also studying here in Stockholm... and they absolutely hate everything about Chavez. The same goes for a lot of Mexicans. Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia.

Chávez made statements comparing Israel to Hitler and their actions to the Holocaust, and blaming the United States. He was strongly criticized for trivializing the Holocaust.

Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela, although these have usually been reports of police misbehaviour and brutality rather than criticism of Chávez's policies.

There have also been heated disputes between Chávez and other Latin American leaders, including one with Mexican President Vicente Fox over what Chávez alleged was Fox's support of U.S. trade interests. The dispute resulted in a strained diplomatic relationship between the two countries.

Chávez's foreign policy conduct and anti-Bush rhetoric has occasionally reached the level of personal attacks. Chávez once referred to U.S. President George W. Bush as a pendejo ("dumbass"), and constantly refers to him as Míster Danger. In a later speech, he made personal remarks regarding Condoleezza Rice, referring to her as a "complete illiterate" when it comes to comprehending Latin America.

Maybe he's tried to win Brazil and Argentina's support. But he's also done everything he can to destroy relations with other Latin American countries, Mexico and Peru (most notably). In fact, the candidates Chavez supported in the recent elections in those countries lost because the people were upset that Chavez was campaigning for certain people.

Well, I guess we all have different ideas as to what intelligence constitutes. I can guarantee you this much... Chavez is becoming a laughing stock to many of the world powers.

Ana4Stapp
09-28-2006, 06:23 AM
According to Wikipedia:

In response to the speech, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives and an ardent critic of President Bush, called Chávez an "everyday thug" and not the "modern day Simon Bolivar" that he "fancies himself to be". "Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela." United States Representative Charles Rangel (D) also said in a press release that "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us". Iowa Senator Tom Harkin (D) called Chávez's comments "incendiary." Former U.S. President Bill Clinton called the "personal demonization" a "mistake" that only hurt Chávez and his country.

Keep in mind, those are some very ardent Bush critics that are pissed off at what Chavez said.

I met some Peruvians the other day who are also studying here in Stockholm... and they absolutely hate everything about Chavez. The same goes for a lot of Mexicans. Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia.

Chávez made statements comparing Israel to Hitler and their actions to the Holocaust, and blaming the United States. He was strongly criticized for trivializing the Holocaust.

Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela, although these have usually been reports of police misbehaviour and brutality rather than criticism of Chávez's policies.

There have also been heated disputes between Chávez and other Latin American leaders, including one with Mexican President Vicente Fox over what Chávez alleged was Fox's support of U.S. trade interests. The dispute resulted in a strained diplomatic relationship between the two countries.

Chávez's foreign policy conduct and anti-Bush rhetoric has occasionally reached the level of personal attacks. Chávez once referred to U.S. President George W. Bush as a pendejo ("dumbass"), and constantly refers to him as Míster Danger. In a later speech, he made personal remarks regarding Condoleezza Rice, referring to her as a "complete illiterate" when it comes to comprehending Latin America.

Maybe he's tried to win Brazil and Argentina's support. But he's also done everything he can to destroy relations with other Latin American countries, Mexico and Peru (most notably). In fact, the candidates Chavez supported in the recent elections in those countries lost because the people were upset that Chavez was campaigning for certain people.

Well, I guess we all have different ideas as to what intelligence constitutes. I can guarantee you this much... Chavez is becoming a laughing stock to many of the world powers.

Did u read the 'very intelligent' i put there??? And your post has no6thng new´...cause we all in Latin America know himm better and his populists atitudes than you in North Hemisphere...believe me...and just to inform you : brazilians also dont take him seriously ...as I said before he tried to gain the support of Lula ...but he failed...;)

Ana4Stapp
09-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Speaking for myself, anti-American sentiment does not bother me in the least. If anything it makes me feel more patriotic.
There's some anti-Eusebio sentiment in my own life and I'll never change anything about myself for anybodys approval. So I respect my country for doing the same.

If the world isn't happy with America, then they should try some good old fashioned capitolism and take charge.

If Hugo believes GWB is satan, he sure doesn't seem to mind $doing business$(oil) with the devil. Hugo isn't crazy, he's just another HYPOCRITE.

Oh...this is the point: you americans(not all of you please!) simply dont pay attention to the 'world' and only when it has some interest for your goverement and this is not patriotism!!!!! ....Anyway... this attitude will make your country even more hated...and cant you see what this kind of 'attitude' it will provoke in the end? Every reaction corresponds to a action in the past, my friend....:rolleyes:

eusebioCBR
09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Oh...this is the point: you americans(not all of you please!) simply dont pay attention to the 'world' and only when it has some interest for your goverement and this is not patriotism!!!!! ....Anyway... this attitude will make your country even more hated...and cant you see what this kind of 'attitude' it will provoke in the end? Every reaction corresponds to a action in the past, my friend....:rolleyes:

Just because I feel I don't need to cower to global opinion does not mean I don't pay attention. Alot of these countrys that hate us the most get plenty of my tax dollars in the form of financial aid.(hypocrite)
Regardless of who is president or what the world thinks of my Country, I will stand behind this GREAT land.
THAT IS PATRIOTISM.

metalchris25
09-29-2006, 02:54 AM
Why do people always assume that most americans dont know whats going on in the world? I dont know any of those people. Most of us actually know a lot more than you may think. We are the most hated country in the world so it pays to know whats going on, dont ya think? Such an assumption is pure stereotypical ignorance.

RalphyS
09-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Why do people always assume that most americans dont know whats going on in the world? I dont know any of those people. Most of us actually know a lot more than you may think. We are the most hated country in the world so it pays to know whats going on, dont ya think? Such an assumption is pure stereotypical ignorance.

It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

This happened to me once:
Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?

metalchris25
09-29-2006, 04:05 AM
It's not an assumption, it's pure experience. I've been to the States 4 times and for the most part Americans know little of the world's geography, politics outside the US or the bigger part of history.

Where are you from? Holland, that's in Tennessee (could've been another state, I don't remember exactly), isn't it?
LOL! What an idiot.

So you think that I couldnt find someone in your country that doesnt know where South Carolina is?

RalphyS
09-29-2006, 06:00 AM
You sure could, but most would know that South Carolina is a state in the US and not a city in England.

uncertaindrumer
09-30-2006, 05:00 PM

This is all easily blamed on our public "school" system. Seriously. Americans are stupid, not because they are born dumb, but because they are taught in school that mediocrity is to be fought for, D- is a passing grade, and individuality is shunned. Kinda funny coming from a country that loves its independance so much. (It really comes from the fact that ADULTS love their independance, and as long as the teachers can fit everyone into a little compartment, the don't need to spend the time necessary to truly teach our children).

I digress.

I know that Americans usually do not care about much outside their country

Well... that is not really true, but from a certain standpoint it is. I mean, why on Earth would I care what goes on in Timbuktu? For better or rowse, when America does something, it matters (we are the most powerful coutnry in the world), so other people know about it. When Sweden does something... it doesn't usually matter nearly as much, so we don't really care.

But as for this attitude that others have towards Bush... you aren't alone. No one in America--except a few die-hards--likes him either. Republican candidates don't want him campaigning for them because it drives their polls DOWN...

We don't like him. But we are stuck with him... for... two... more... years... *hyperventilates*

uncertaindrumer
09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh, and Hugo Chavez is a nut case ;)

Chase
10-01-2006, 11:19 AM

The United States is heading on 300 million people. It's good to know that ONE comment speaks for an entire nation. I've had some people ask me some really stupid and ignorant questions in Europe. I know they mean well... and I don't judge the intelligence of an entire nation on silly little questions.

uncertaindrumer
10-01-2006, 08:54 PM
The United States is heading on 300 million people. It's good to know that ONE comment speaks for an entire nation. I've had some people ask me some really stupid and ignorant questions in Europe. I know they mean well... and I don't judge the intelligence of an entire nation on silly little questions.

Being as republican as you are though, you must admit our public school system is awful...?

Ana4Stapp
10-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Well... that is not really true, but from a certain standpoint it is. I mean, why on Earth would I care what goes on in Timbuktu? For better or rowse, when America does something, it matters (we are the most powerful coutnry in the world), so other people know about it. When Sweden does something... it doesn't usually matter nearly as much, so we don't really care.

:rolleyes:

WOW!
Reading all these american posts I think Im going to stay away from this discussion....cause Im almost hearing that " I live in the Superpower while you live in the Third World" :rolleyes:

RalphyS
10-02-2006, 05:39 AM

I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.

Ana4Stapp
10-02-2006, 05:44 AM
And yeah...keep ignoring other countries that dont seem "important" at all ...wasnt this what you did- concerning to Latin America, Middle East and other places of the world ?

Keep ignoring them...keep gnoring them...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
10-02-2006, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=RalphyS]I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.[/[QUOTE]

Same here...Latin America knows more about U.S. than U.S about us...most of US presidents think that Buenos Aires is the capital of my country...:eek:

Chase
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
I gave one example, this does not mean there was only one comment and sure there are intelligent, well read, Americans and there are stupid and ignorant Europeans and maybe my view is even coloured by the fact that more than half of the US electorate voted for Dubya, but I remain with my original statement that most Europeans know more about American politics, history and geography than Americans know about European politics, history and geography.

Well, then if you're going to base the intelligence of a nation on who they vote for... then it looks I can say the same thing about the French, the Italians, and the Spanish.

Another thing... American politics and history is MUCH easier to understand than the politics of Europe. For one, the history of Europe is hundreds and hundreds of years longer than that of America (I'm referring to the United States, not North America). Secondly, America is one nation... and Europe is full of MANY nations. One would assume that knowing about the politics of one nation is less difficult than understand the politics of many. If you're referring to the European Union... they are a lot of Europeans that don't even know (or care to know, for that matter) about what's going on in Brussels. Not many Europeans understand or know about the politics of American states either.

I mean... if you want to get into the topic of stupid questions... here is a bit of what I have gotten thus far in Europe: "Have you ever seen snow?" -(They ask this because I'm from California), "Do you surf and know movie stars?", I met a Swede named Carolina and once she told me her name I said "Oh, as in North Carolina?" She responded by saying "There's a place with my name?!" Then I said... "Well, actually there are two states with your name in it."

I get questions based on California stereotypes on a daily basis, c'mon now...

uncertaindrumer
10-02-2006, 10:11 AM
And yeah...keep ignoring other countries that dont seem "important" at all ...wasnt this what you did- concerning to Latin America, Middle East and other places of the world ?

Keep ignoring them...keep gnoring them...:rolleyes:

Okay. Will do.

Look it is just a matter of fact that the U.S. IS a superpower and a lot of these other coutnries ARE third world.

And you guys are contradictory. You simultaneously want the U.S. to fix every one else's problems, while you get angry that the U.S. throws its power around. Well which is it? Should we ignore all the other countries or not?

RalphyS
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, then if you're going to base the intelligence of a nation on who they vote for... then it looks I can say the same thing about the French, the Italians, and the Spanish.

Another thing... American politics and history is MUCH easier to understand than the politics of Europe. For one, the history of Europe is hundreds and hundreds of years longer than that of America (I'm referring to the United States, not North America). Secondly, America is one nation... and Europe is full of MANY nations. One would assume that knowing about the politics of one nation is less difficult than understand the politics of many. If you're referring to the European Union... they are a lot of Europeans that don't even know (or care to know, for that matter) about what's going on in Brussels. Not many Europeans understand or know about the politics of American states either.

I mean... if you want to get into the topic of stupid questions... here is a bit of what I have gotten thus far in Europe: "Have you ever seen snow?" -(They ask this because I'm from California), "Do you surf and know movie stars?", I met a Swede named Carolina and once she told me her name I said "Oh, as in North Carolina?" She responded by saying "There's a place with my name?!" Then I said... "Well, actually there are two states with your name in it."

I get questions based on California stereotypes on a daily basis, c'mon now...

OK, let's agree that stupidity is a widespread disease. :rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
10-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Okay. Will do.

Look it is just a matter of fact that the U.S. IS a superpower and a lot of these other coutnries ARE third world.

And you guys are contradictory. You simultaneously want the U.S. to fix every one else's problems, while you get angry that the U.S. throws its power around. Well which is it? Should we ignore all the other countries or not?

WHAT????WHO SAID IT?????:eek: :eek: BTW...invading/starting wars is 'fixing world's problems??" :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!!!

Chase
10-03-2006, 04:34 AM
WHAT????WHO SAID IT?????:eek: :eek: BTW...invading/starting wars is 'fixing world's problems??" :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!!!

It stopped Nazi Germany, did it not?

uncertaindrumer
10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
No, I don't believe the U.S. was doing anything helpful by following Bush's war mongering. But you can't simultaneously exhort the U.S. to stay within in its own borders while also blaming it for not helping third worldy countries out.

Danielabiag
10-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Chavez is solely trying to turn Venezuela into a dictatorship. He's trying to amend the Venezuelan constitution so that he can stay in office longer than he's supposed to. His country is poor and doesn't utilize the resources for the good of the people. He constantly tries to do business with Cuba's Fidel Castro (the man who drove Cuba into the ground), Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Mr. Anti-Semtism himself), and is buying weapons from Russia

Hello, I apologize for my eventual mistakes. I'm from Argentine and I'd like to make some comments, cause I disagree with this arguments (you US people have the information all distorted by your media).
It´s true nowadays Venezuela is poor, compared with more developed countries, but you should know it´s not Chavez government consequence.
During 1989-1998 period, the prices grown more than 50%, while during first Chavez period it only did the half of this. Chavez achieved to contain the inflation. The public expenditure in health highly exceeds now what it used to be in previous governments. He also increased the money dedicated to education, wich allowed more than 1,5 million children -and same number of adults- to be taken out of illiteracy. He also increaded the number of peolple who now can enjoy -for the first time- access to drinkable water.
This are only some of a lot of things Chavez did for Venezuela.
Regarding to Cuba, US BLOCKED country (and that´s the main reason why this island is so poor), today it has health an life quality systems BETTER to a lot of developed countries, wich have more developed technology and resourses. Just to give an example, the VIH treatment is TOTALLY FREE.

Human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have documented numerous human rights violations in Venezuela

Aren´t you forgetting the human rights violations that take place everyday in many countries, by the hand of US troops? After 11-S, US have violated the most fundamental international laws in its treatment to detainees just because of "security" matters. THOUSANDS of civilians have been killed and hundreds have been detained with no other reason but their appeareance, and are being held in Guantanamo, Bagram, Kandahar and dozens of hiden jails around the world, with no legal procedures.

Just because I feel I don't need to cower to global opinion does not mean I don't pay attention. Alot of these countrys that hate us the most get plenty of my tax dollars in the form of financial aid.(hypocrite)
Regardless of who is president or what the world thinks of my Country, I will stand behind this GREAT land.
THAT IS PATRIOTISM.

You people are so brain-washed... Be sure other countries are against (not "hate") US government because of its violence and no-matter-what-power-thirst. And be shure the aid to the "third world" DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR TAXES, but it DOES COME from the resources YOUR government take by force -let´s call it wars or "democratic transition", as they like to name it- from these countries. Make a little journey through your country history and get informed my friend.
To be patriotic is not to stand behind your great land no matter what, IT IS to stand for your principles and fight against tyranny, disguised of false demochracy.

It stopped Nazi Germany, did it not?

Are you joking?? Don´t forget II World War is sadly famous not only because of humanity suffering, but because it benefited two superpowers: URSS and United States. That´s the only reason US got involved. US Defense incorporated nazi experts, who worked in weapons of mass destruction proyects. US didn´t "stop nazis", it contributed to stop Germany´s development in weapons of mass destruction and to take its experts out of the country to use them for its pourposes. Since then, this nazis have been working in defense operations in Fort Bragg, in NASA, in the military-industrial sector and in CIA...

Ana4Stapp
10-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Hello, I apologize for my eventual mistakes. I'm from Argentine and I'd like to make some comments, cause I disagree with this arguments (you US people have the information all distorted by your media).
It´s true nowadays Venezuela is poor, compared with more developed countries, but you should know it´s not Chavez government consequence.
During 1989-1998 period, the prices grown more than 50%, while during first Chavez period it only did the half of this. Chavez achieved to contain the inflation. The public expenditure in health highly exceeds now what it used to be in previous governments. He also increased the money dedicated to education, wich allowed more than 1,5 million children -and same number of adults- to be taken out of illiteracy. He also increaded the number of peolple who now can enjoy -for the first time- access to drinkable water.
This are only some of a lot of things Chavez did for Venezuela.
Regarding to Cuba, US BLOCKED country (and that´s the main reason why this island is so poor), today it has health an life quality systems BETTER to a lot of developed countries, wich have more developed technology and resourses. Just to give an example, the VIH treatment is TOTALLY FREE.

Aren´t you forgetting the human rights violations that take place everyday in many countries, by the hand of US troops? After 11-S, US have violated the most fundamental international laws in its treatment to detainees just because of "security" matters. THOUSANDS of civilians have been killed and hundreds have been detained with no other reason but their appeareance, and are being held in Guantanamo, Bagram, Kandahar and dozens of hiden jails around the world, with no legal procedures.

You people are so brain-washed... Be sure other countries are against (not "hate") US government because of its violence and no-matter-what-power-thirst. And be shure the aid to the "third world" DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR TAXES, but it DOES COME from the resources YOUR government take by force -let´s call it wars or "democratic transition", as they like to name it- from these countries. Make a little journey through your country history and get informed my friend.
To be patriotic is not to stand behind your great land no matter what, IT IS to stand for your principles and fight against tyranny, disguised of false demochracy.

Are you joking?? Don´t forget II World War is sadly famous not only because of humanity suffering, but because it benefited two superpowers: URSS and United States. That´s the only reason US got involved. US Defense incorporated nazi experts, who worked in weapons of mass destruction proyects. US didn´t "stop nazis", it contributed to stop Germany´s development in weapons of mass destruction and to take its experts out of the country to use them for its pourposes. Since then, this nazis have been working in defense operations in Fort Bragg, in NASA, in the military-industrial sector and in CIA...

Hey first welcome here! Second, its too cool to see someone else from South America ...actually Im from Brazil !!!

And about ur posts I can see lotsssss of very good points about US foreign policy!!! Congratulations for your post (except the Hugo Chavez part which Ill coment my reasons to disagree later )...its at least very interesting to see that non americans members here have the same interpretation about US foreign policy while the americans have the oposite...:rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM

Wow. This is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a long time. The U.S. got into WWII because of PEARL HARBOR, not because of the Nazis. Eventually, sure, we went over to Europe, but that was almost three years later.

And we didn't want their nuclear weapons experts! Ours were better, as evidenced by the fact that ours successfully created the atomic bomb, and German scientists were not even close.

As for your completely unparalleled absurdity regarding "Nazi" scientists working all over the place in hte U.S., there is a big difference between "German" and "Nazi". First off, many Germans were forced to join or pretend to join the Nazi party out of fear for their lives. Second, many who were in the Nazi party did not even realize what exactly their party did. Finally, many resisted and weren't in the party at all.

Also, besides the fact that I find it unbelievable that anyone would take your post full of erroneous fantasies seriously, I really am glad, for all of your sakes, that the U.S. is NOTHING like what you guys describe it as. If we were the evil imperalist nation you guys pretended we were, the U.S. would freaking rule the world.

If the U.S. had not stopped Hitler, no one would have. Grow up and learn some history.

(you US people have the information all distorted by your media

Lol, of course :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Hey first welcome here! Second, its too cool to see someone else from South America ...actually Im from Brazil !!!

And about ur posts I can see lotsssss of very good points about US foreign policy!!! Congratulations for your post (except the Hugo Chavez part which Ill coment my reasons to disagree later )...its at least very interesting to see that non americans members here have the same interpretation about US foreign policy while the americans have the oposite...:rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree. You guys come up with moronic, non-factual nonsense, and we tell it the way it is.

I am perfectly willing to not only agree but strongly agree that the U.S. has been recently acting terribly with regard to the Middle East. The Iraq war was a heinous error and continues to be extremely problematic. But this ridiculous atittude that the U.S. is imperialistic is laughable at best.

There also seems to be a strange aversion to admitting the U.S. *might* act in its own interests. Of course it will often act in its own interests. That is what countries do. Thankfully, the U.S. also cares about other nations. If it did not, the world would be quite a bit different.

No nation has had the power of the U.S. since Rome, and the U.S. is the first major superpower in history to not use its incredible influence to conquer. Thank goodness for all the non-U.S. citizens on here.

uncertaindrumer
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
OK, let's agree that stupidity is a widespread disease. :rolleyes:

And people keep talking about AIDS...

I say we can't fix the flu and AIDS until we fix the real problem ;)

J-Man
11-04-2006, 12:44 AM
For what it's worth, I'm going to be honest and say that I'm aware of what is going on, but I'm not going to act as if though I know it all. In my own personal opinion I think several leaders of every county have made mistakes. For those of you who are not US citizens, remember that the United States is made up of every single nationality in the entire world. To point us out and say that we are "uncharacteristic" you are speaking about every one who represents the US - including your own race who reside here. Everyone has a voice in the US. We are a country where we have the freedom of speech, the freedom of choice and the freedom to live how we please. Yes we do things differently, because that is our own individual choice. We fight amongst ourselves (isn't that right Chase and Uncertain? LOL) because we have our own opinions and are not dictated to. That is what is great about this country. We have the freedom to express ourselves without being stoned, mocked, killed, etc. Take this board for example - what does it do for you? It gives you the choice to voice your opinion and to do so openly and freely and how does that feel? It feels f'ing great!!! I'm a US citizen and I can only speak from experience. I will not judge you because I don't know what it is like to walk in your shoes. So please do not judge us Americans as a whole for something you may not agree on. Keep in mind that we too do not always agree with what our leaders want us to believe. And what is great about this country is that we can view our points and disagree w/ our leaders and have the power to vote them out.

Countries that have leaders that dictate the lives of others is sad and someone mentioned here that Americans are brainwashed, let me tell you that some are simple minded and will not bother to do the research, but there are those who do bother and will educate themselves on matters that move them. Unfortunately in several other countries, they are only fed certain information because their leaders truly want to control them. Some countries will not allow certain music to be played, certain movies to be shown, only allow access to certain internet sites, books, religion, views on sex, etc. To say that we are ignorant is an ignorant statement in itself. Don't try to dictate, but do try to educate yourselves and trust yourself to the point where you can express what you believe, but keep in mind that not everyone will agree with you. That is what makes us individuals. America is about being who you are without being condemed, unless of course it threatens the lives of others. We do care about life. We are compassionate people so much so that we give so much of ourselves to assist those who cannot help themselves, yet we are judged for it. We are a melting pot of each and every one of you.