Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
American political war [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : American political war

eusebioCBR
09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Why America is fighting terrorism with arm tied behind its back.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-harris18sep18,0,1897169.story?coll=la-opinion-center

RalphyS
09-19-2006, 06:08 AM
An excellent piece of writing, I concur with most of it.

"the world's major religions are genuinely incompatible, inevitably cause conflict and now prevent the emergence of a viable, global civilization."

"I'd like to see taxes raised on the wealthy, drugs decriminalized and homosexuals free to marry. I also think that the Bush administration deserves most of the criticism it has received in the last six years — especially with respect to its waging of the war in Iraq, its scuttling of science and its fiscal irresponsibility.""

"A cult of death is forming in the Muslim world — for reasons that are perfectly explicable in terms of the Islamic doctrines of martyrdom and jihad. The truth is that we are not fighting a "war on terror." We are fighting a pestilential theology and a longing for paradise.

This is not to say that we are at war with all Muslims. But we are absolutely at war with those who believe that death in defense of the faith is the highest possible good, that cartoonists should be killed for caricaturing the prophet and that any Muslim who loses his faith should be butchered for apostasy."

"The truth is that there is every reason to believe that a terrifying number of the world's Muslims now view all political and moral questions in terms of their affiliation with Islam. This leads them to rally to the cause of other Muslims no matter how sociopathic their behavior."

"Given the mendacity and shocking incompetence of the Bush administration — especially its mishandling of the war in Iraq — liberals can find much to lament in the conservative approach to fighting the war on terror."

"Increasingly, Americans will come to believe that the only people hard-headed enough to fight the religious lunatics of the Muslim world are the religious lunatics of the West. Indeed, it is telling that the people who speak with the greatest moral clarity about the current wars in the Middle East are members of the Christian right, whose infatuation with biblical prophecy is nearly as troubling as the ideology of our enemies. Religious dogmatism is now playing both sides of the board in a very dangerous game."

"Being generally reasonable and tolerant of diversity, liberals should be especially sensitive to the dangers of religious literalism."

Well not all liberals are the same, and I for myself am very aware of the dangers of religious literalism.

As you might have noticed in threads about the charicatures of Mohammed and the recent speech of the Pope, I am not as tolerant towards Islam as most liberals, but neither am I tolerant of being lied to (or the incompetence of, if you like that more) by Western governments.

The religious dogma on both sides is frightening and this is which I try to battle every day, even if it is only with words or whatever small contribution I can make.

However I do not see this writer giving any solution for the problem, he describes, and I do not think that the answer lies in being as inhumane as our opponents. I would fight (and maybe even die) for the freedom's of the west, but not for any religion on either side. The humane treatment of prisoners (be it in war or criminals) is one of the benefits of Western civilisation that I cherish most, if we throw that overboard, the downslide has already set in.

eusebioCBR
09-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm at a loss for any solution myself. :(

bilal
09-20-2006, 02:16 AM
i would like to clarify, if i may, about certain things....which i think needs to be addressed.........and i would appreciate it greatly, if i get response, cause if my views are contradicting, please clarify me, cause i am here to learn......and i will most appreciate it..........

A cult of death is forming in the Muslim world — for reasons that are perfectly explicable in terms of the Islamic doctrines of martyrdom and jihad. The truth is that we are not fighting a "war on terror." We are fighting a pestilential theology and a longing for paradise

here, the writer has left us guessing as to where is that "CULT OF DEATH" .... but yes, i agree that such Cult is forming, considering hte number of SUICIDE attacks, i would say that this Cult may exist in following places

1= Palestine / PLO of LEbnon
2= Afghanistan in recent days
3= IRaq (to some extent)

if i consider myself to be a Palestinian youth of 24, i dont think i would be giving any any any sort of rebutal to the accusation of being in such cult, cuase i swear, i would have done some sort of suicide mission my self...... i mean, i love my family, i love my little niece the most, and i get very werid fears even for her getting a scrath....she is so dear to me, and i see images from Palestine and IRaq every day in internation media in which fathers are holding theri dead children and i swear to God i cant imagine whats its like to be in those shoes.....can you? if i am forced to live in camps over my own ground and i have no education and i am being degraded only on the basis of Relgion, quite frankly, i would have been the first of the suicide bombers...... iam not justifying hte terrorist attacks but just trying to prove a point that we see now what is the situation and we are drawing a conclusion, blaming Islam for having provided its followers a benefit to die for its protection, wont a Christian or Jew kill me if i enter his house tokill his family...thats more a human reaction which the world has failed to treat justifiably.. about Afghanistan, i have seen suicide bombing in Afghanistan in recent days only, after the Lattest war, and ISlam was there for centuries, why a need for suicide bombers now, its the desparation and injustice, and not the religion... but please do bring forward your view if you disagree with me, dont hold my Religion in a court and start blaming it.. blame the crimes that are being commited to provke the defensive part of Islam

This is not to say that we are at war with all Muslims. But we are absolutely at war with those who believe that death in defense of the faith is the highest possible good, that cartoonists should be killed for caricaturing the prophet and that any Muslim who loses his faith should be butchered for apostasy.
....Numerous studies have found that the most radicalized Muslims tend to have better-than-average educations and economic opportunities.

i have lived all my life and i know i wont kill anybody for having different belief, my religion never told me to do that..but i do believe in giving up my life for the defence of my religion,why.. wont you give your life for your religion. if my country is attacked, if my freedom is threatned, even in situations like these, an animal also stands up and fights for his place, why not me....to me, muslims have always been discriminated ,and if that is a lie, then how would you justify the fact that all the muslim countries are now viewed as Alien, and that all wars in the world are being fight against muslim uprisings... please do provide me with any example of Masacre, any international crime that Muslims have done in previous century, but its the crimes that have been commited against muslims . to me the main reson for all this stirr in islamic countries is that West has taken for granted for TOO LONG , the sentiments of Islamic nations.. they took it for granted when they stepped in Middle east and are still controlling hte oil of the islamic states in the name of defense, they took it for granted when 3 generatios of Palestenian people have rotted in poverty and injustice .. they took it for granted in Afghsnistan leaving the war torn country with many wars, the soviet and teh USA stands both culprit there... they took it for granted when Mulims were masacred in BOSNIA and now continueing in CHechnia....took it for grantedi n Kashmir..all this taking for granted, but for how long.... the crop that west has sowed of hatred is now reaping it...people have gone beyond theri limits of waiting

Given the degree to which religious ideas are still sheltered from criticism in every society, it is actually possible for a person to have the economic and intellectual resources to build a nuclear bomb — and to believe that he will get 72 virgins in paradise. And yet, despite abundant evidence to the contrary, liberals continue to imagine that Muslim terrorism springs from economic despair, lack of education and American militarism

do any body really believe this is ture...... isnt this is bullshit about associating 72vigins with neucs getting a bit out of hand...i mean, people are actaully beliving it , who really dont know at all what is wriiten in Islam... isnt it the fear of being attacked which is the first step for the activation of any defence mechanism....

Such an astonishing eruption of masochistic unreason could well mark the decline of liberalism, if not the decline of Western civilization. There are books, films and conferences organized around this phantasmagoria, and they offer an unusually clear view of the debilitating dogma that lurks at the heart of liberalism: Western power is utterly malevolent,

i see this para as making fun of the obvious and trying to give a new meaning to liberalism.. making liberals feel ashamed of something and then trying to give them a new desired meaning...

don't know how many more engineers and architects need to blow themselves up, fly planes into buildings or saw the heads off of journalists before this fantasy will dissipate. The truth is that there is every reason to believe that a terrifying number of the world's Muslims now view all political and moral questions in terms of their affiliation with Islam.

wasnt this author talking about religion before, so if am taking this issue in context of religion, am i wong?

Given the mendacity and shocking incompetence of the Bush administration — especially its mishandling of the war in Iraq — liberals can find much to lament in the conservative approach to fighting the war on terror. Unfortunately, liberals hate the current administration with such fury that they regularly fail to acknowledge just how dangerous and depraved our enemies in the Muslim world are.

his blunders killed over 1 million in Afghanistan and Iraq combined..and if i am not getting pissed off cause of it,or any liberal who tries to actually hold a respect for human live irrespective of relgion, would join me in getting piss off.. all this in the name of defence.... bullshit, he is just as wellconstruting the next world war.. which to me is the only point of achieveing peace now.. diplomacy is dead anyways...still world has places where OCCUPATION is at hold, people are denied of religious freedom, custumising a relgion THEY dont like, and then say why those relgious people are getting pissed off,dman am i pissed off or what....

In their analyses of U.S. and Israeli foreign policy, liberals can be relied on to overlook the most basic moral distinctions. For instance, they ignore the fact that Muslims intentionally murder noncombatants, while we and the Israelis (as a rule) seek to avoid doing so. Muslims routinely use human shields, and this accounts for much of the collateral damage we and the Israelis cause; the political discourse throughout much of the Muslim world, especially with respect to Jews, is explicitly and unabashedly genocidal.

here agian, the author has tried to give a new view to liberal people, i am glad that liberal people had some simpathy for the deaths of muslims all over the world, but if liberal folks accept this view, then all muslims will be viewed as something as inferior or corrupt files.....that need to be deleted......

For instance, they ignore the fact that Muslims intentionally murder noncombatants, while we and the Israelis (as a rule) seek to avoid doing so.

i am a muslim....i murder noncombatants? ..... my father is a doctor, may be he might inject a jew with poison, my sister is teacher, she might fail a hindu student.. i may aswell hit and run a Christian crossing hte road......we are such corrupt bastards........ i am loving it....... name me bad and shoot me a bullet......

Given these distinctions, there is no question that the Israelis now hold the moral high ground in their conflict with Hamas and Hezbollah. And yet liberals in the United States and Europe often speak as though the truth were otherwise.

Israel holds the moral ground, cuase the aftermath of 911 and the excuse for renaming freedom fighters as terrorist, has surely given them good excuses, if all this in the article is ture, then i dont see any solution to the problem, where as we should be talkign about ending OCCUPATION, giving mulsim countires right to govern theri administraitons in ISlamic laws and to have pieace with the non-muslim world, west keeps bringing and doing things in contradictions, and then get ridiculled at any reaction....wasnt it the soviet occupation that breeded the freedom fighters in Afghsnitan, whose secound generation becaem TAliban, ofcource they never came from Mars....wasnt it the Israeli occupation that breeded the now suicide bombers of Middle east....t this is one dangerous education that is aimed to end the last remiaing light of religious freedom and true liberalism

eusebioCBR
09-20-2006, 09:07 PM
^Your responces are legitimate and they've given me some food for thought.

It seems self serving government bodies (official & self proclaimed) have bought the world to this point.

The Middle East oil has been used for profit, but it's not one sided - families or governments sold the oil.