Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Beslan Tragedy 2º anniversary [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Beslan Tragedy 2º anniversary

Ana4Stapp
09-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Since September now seems to be sinonym for big tragedies like 2001 9/11 Tower Twins attacks, I think we also have to remember another very sad moment happened on this month: the Beslan school terrorist attacks.
And two years after this atrocity we still havent found the answers for lots of questions:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5302448.stm

metalchris25
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Wow, I never even heard about that, or at least I dont remember. Truly a shame.

bilal
09-14-2006, 04:44 PM
its very sad.... i also forgot about that tragedy...had to turn up my mind to recall that...... and i never forget about september 11 for every once....... it just shows how much media is weak in those russain areas...... where Chechnian rebles are involved in a conflict with the Government/Milllitary..... we do get once in while a big tragedy that makes the headlines..... apart from that, we are truely unaware of the daily dramas that take place there...... thanks for reminding us of this ANA.....

Chase
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I remember when that happened. I was so disgusted that Chechens would actually take a bunch of children hostage for the disagreements with the Russian government.

Ana4Stapp
09-19-2006, 06:50 PM
This thread didnt have much people posting here and this reflects (like Bilal pointed) how weak was the media\ in this case....especially because it happened on Russia (where govenement has an history of 'hiding' trues)and some people didnt even remember about this tragedy...Sad..very sad...

Steve
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Just a note: for those of you with HBO, they are going to reair their one hour documentary on this tragedy this Tuesday on HBO2 at 2:30pm EST. I saw it last year and it was a very well done piece. The documentary is called Children of Beslan and the piece shows interviews of children recounting what they experienced.

The synopsis from HBO's site:

On September 1, 2004, heavily armed extremists stormed into a school in Beslan, Russia. For three days, more than a thousand children and adults were held hostage in a sweltering gymnasium, denied food and water, and forced to keep their hands over their heads. The harrowing siege ended in violence that killed more than 350 people--half of them children. Through chilling footage and heartbreaking interviews with more than a dozen young survivors, this documentary explores the devastating aftermath of one of recent history's most heinous atrocities.

Chase
10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
This thread didnt have much people posting here and this reflects (like Bilal pointed) how weak was the media\ in this case....especially because it happened on Russia (where govenement has an history of 'hiding' trues)and some people didnt even remember about this tragedy...Sad..very sad...

I'm going to Russia in a few weeks, actually. I am also irked that this story didn't get the attention that it deserved.