Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
War-Torn Middle East Seeks Solace In Religion [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : War-Torn Middle East Seeks Solace In Religion

RalphyS
08-24-2006, 05:03 AM
War-Torn Middle East Seeks Solace In Religion (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51849)

or should this be in the Faith/Religion-board?

Ana4Stapp
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
OH...I THINK ITS TOO DANGEROUS...I MEAN IT WILL CERTAINLY PROVOKE AN INCREASE OF HATE AND VIOLENCE....:eek:

bilal
08-28-2006, 03:13 AM
^ i thought the same........ there are some mis-quotes of Quran too....totally outof context.... so i wasnt posting in here.......

RalphyS
08-28-2006, 04:15 AM
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
Anne Lamott

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg (1933 - ), quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

bilal
08-28-2006, 04:23 AM
^ those are very intresting quotes...... and considering the present times ......... all accurate as well..... cant argue with those......... but the existance of God cannot be all together ignored just to evacuate that particular evil being caused due to mis-use of religion.......... or say in the name of religion....... you are right about the evil that is done in the name of religion...... but most of the crisis today are more politicallly engaged..... and based on hatred for past crimes against each other, but then again...those crimes were commited in the name of religion......... but i believe religion will be the source of peace in these crisis...... i.e if there is gona be peace....which i dont really belive will ever happen...... not now cosidering the shape the situations world wide is reaching

Chase
08-28-2006, 07:28 AM
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
Anne Lamott

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg (1933 - ), quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

I actually disagree with that quote to an extent. Yes, those good people with warped interpretations of their faith can do evil things. I don't dispute that. Look at Osama bin Laden for instance or a Ku Klux Klan member. To some, they are "good" people. However, I think money and materialism can make people do just as evil things.

RalphyS
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
I actually disagree with that quote to an extent. Yes, those good people with warped interpretations of their faith can do evil things. I don't dispute that. Look at Osama bin Laden for instance or a Ku Klux Klan member. To some, they are "good" people. However, I think money and materialism can make people do just as evil things.

I think the interpretation here is, that good people don't do evil things for money or materialism, they would know that is wrong and if they would do them, they would end being good people or at least know that they weren't "good people" anymore, however if they believe that the evil things they do, would be for a greater good or better cause like in the name of (their) God, they would still be/feel good doing evil things.

bilal
08-28-2006, 01:52 PM
man has a concious.....wether he is religious or not..... but many do refrain from sins just becuase of the fear to answer a superior power....... and those men, who are not religious yet good, will do good anyways..... but religion will act as an additional guard...... we can also interpret these quotes in this way that those people who are evil, will do evil no matter what religion they have, so its not the religion but the evil inside the people that is to be blamed

Rocketqueen
09-16-2006, 01:05 AM
^ those are very intresting quotes...... and considering the present times ......... all accurate as well..... cant argue with those......... but the existance of God cannot be all together ignored just to evacuate that particular evil being caused due to mis-use of religion.......... or say in the name of religion....... you are right about the evil that is done in the name of religion...... but most of the crisis today are more politicallly engaged..... and based on hatred for past crimes against each other, but then again...those crimes were commited in the name of religion......... but i believe religion will be the source of peace in these crisis...... i.e if there is gona be peace....which i dont really belive will ever happen...... not now cosidering the shape the situations world wide is reaching
dont worry about it bro its not the end by and by HAAAAAAAAAAAAA Its A wondering i dont get my ass kicked half the time BUT IM REJOYCING.....:hugs: :hugs: