Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Open Your Eyes solo [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Open Your Eyes solo

King Oropher
08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Basically my question is: Whats the quickest or best way to learn the solo for Open Your Eyes, I have no problem playing the
intros to CREED and ALTER BRIDGE songs(no disrespect to Mark) although I seem to have problems with the solos. They seem
quite intimidating, especially when MARK TREMONTI plays them! Should I download the tab for it and try play along with the
song or should I try learn scales first to build up my speed? or try some speed excercises? Any suggestions?

GregS
08-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I suggest you learn scales because thats what im doing at the moment.
I also have problems with Mark's solo's..

King Oropher
08-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi Greg, do you know how to play any of Mark's solos? whether from Creed or Alter Bridge?

GregS
08-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I can play the one day remains solo fairly quick but need 2 keep practising until im as fast as mark..

King Oropher
08-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Thats more than I can do, keep it going dude! Any Creed solo's you know?

GregS
08-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Umm na. Their arent many solo's in creed's songs..

metalchris25
08-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Learn the scales first. It helps alot!

StappsSaviour
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
yeah solos r really good...
just helps as well if you know what scale you are playing and how all the modes work with or against eachother etc...

the pity for a dime solo and also inside us all solos i find are quite good.
they arent too fast. more precision than nething as well as the feel for the melodicness of the song.

speed is just something that normally naturally comes after time. if you know the key of the song and the chords that are use and have a vague idea of how the solo goes then you could just improvise and it will probably be pretty close. as most great guitarists normally dont play their solos exactly the same everytime.