Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
problems with windup? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : problems with windup?

inside_us_all04
07-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I've always liked wind-up thought they were a good label till lately.. First Alter Bridge quit, after I felt wind up didnt do enough promo or push their singles enough.. Then Drowning Pool quit, which made me quiver. I've always liked DP, they have good success for WU,With the huge hit Bodies, then Stand Up.. Yet I have a feelign Wind Up hasnt done much promo for Stapp, at all hardly pushing his album. Thus I feel that Stapp, mite not have a very good future if wind up doesnt shape up soon.. Any thoughts, or has my insomnia made me paranoid?

titan9
07-08-2006, 10:55 AM
They promoted his album very well in the weeks leading up to, and following, its release. But the past few months, I don't think they've been promoting it very well. I do not like how long it took for them to officially release the second single("Justify"). I feel like they should have released it back in February, as "The Great Divide" had been the single since the fall of last year. There's also no mention of a video for "Justify", plus there are no more tour dates listed despite the fact Stapp said his new leg of the tour begins August 20. It's all pretty frustrating, I guess. But when you compare it to how WU treated bands like Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, Big Dismal and Drowning Pool, they have treated Stapp a lot better.

bobben
07-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe WindUp is on it's way to the ground. They had to gigantic goldmines with Creed and Evanescence, and those sucesses are never coming back. So I think that WindUp is struggleing with the problem that they have to many bands now, and not enough funds for them all. Alter Bridge, Drowning Pool and Big Dismal are all fantastic bands that could've reached high if they just got some promo.

Ana4Stapp
07-08-2006, 03:06 PM
They promoted his album very well in the weeks leading up to, and following, its release. But the past few months, I don't think they've been promoting it very well. I do not like how long it took for them to officially release the second single("Justify"). I feel like they should have released it back in February, as "The Great Divide" had been the single since the fall of last year. There's also no mention of a video for "Justify", plus there are no more tour dates listed despite the fact Stapp said his new leg of the tour begins August 20. It's all pretty frustrating, I guess. But when you compare it to how WU treated bands like Alter Bridge, 12 Stones, Big Dismal and Drowning Pool, they have treated Stapp a lot better.

:rolleyes: Because he was 'the voice of Creed' ....

titan9
07-08-2006, 03:29 PM
^ Yes, and I almost added that to my sentence. ;)

eusebioCBR
07-08-2006, 03:41 PM
does W-U feel it's worth promoting anymore?(The Great Devide)

metalchris25
07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=bobben]Maybe WindUp is on it's way to the ground. They had to gigantic goldmines with Creed and Evanescence, and those sucesses are never coming back.
I believe that Evanescence is still with Wind-up.

ABYanks
07-08-2006, 11:38 PM
edgewater left too

Bridge of Clay
07-09-2006, 12:24 PM
and so did Eric Friedman of Submersed...

bobben
07-10-2006, 11:49 AM
I believe that Evanescence is still with Wind-up.

Yeah, but Ben Moody's gone. If Evanescence continue on the road they started on last time and continues the success, they will surprise me and many other... They're helpless without Moody!

GregS
07-10-2006, 12:19 PM
You dont know that yet..
The new album is gonna surprise us all..
Just because Moody has left , that doesnt mean shit.
Amy lee helped write those songs with Moody , she will have done fine on her own. Cant wait for the new album.

Prog
07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
You dont know that yet..
The new album is gonna surprise us all..
Just because Moody has left , that doesnt mean shit.
Amy lee helped write those songs with Moody , she will have done fine on her own. Cant wait for the new album.

That's pretty much what I think, too.

If Wind-Up loses Evanescence, they'll wise up or die off. Or maybe both.

GregS
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah , now that Wind Up dont have Creed , Evanescence is their biggest band.

metalchris25
07-11-2006, 02:41 PM
the new album is gonna be really good, I think. I don't see Amy writing a bad one. Cold's ex-guitarist helped write too. The names of the songs sound good.

titan9
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Moody's a good guitarist. I'm not an Evanescence fan, but I am interested to see what they do without him.

Agent D
07-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I was hoping Evanescence would just kinda disappear.

nagpo
07-12-2006, 12:01 AM
yeah stapp should leave wind-up to

Unforgiven Fan
07-12-2006, 11:53 AM
if I remeber correctly...Wind-Up is still classified as a independent record company dispite all the sucess they bands they had (Evanescence took the pop market root insteed of of the rock scene so they have very low chances to come back strong even if they have a good record)...they do not have the massive cash flow like the big record labels and possible they market and outlook strategy does not flow well because they are trying to be a big record company but they really are not setup for that and it does create a lot of issues and problems and that is what they are facing probably right now...

inside_us_all04
07-14-2006, 04:47 AM
i remember eyes wired shut was a good hit on rock radio here.

Prog
07-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I was hoping Evanescence would just kinda disappear.

Evanescence is pretty amazing! What makes you say that?

Agent D
07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Evanescence is pretty amazing! What makes you say that?

I just think they were a horrible, corporate band and the goth thing is just overdone and boring.

metalchris25
07-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I just think they were a horrible, corporate band and the goth thing is just overdone and boring.

So you are judging them on thier appearance?! When did the music become all about fashion? They proved to be a very versatile band with thier last release, and though they lost an awesome guitarist, they have someone who is very capable to fill his shoes. I for one think that this new album may just suprise a lot of people.

titan9
07-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

That's not why I dislike Evanescence, though. While I think Amy Lee is a very talented singer, I just don't think the band will be the same without Ben Moody. He was a real good guitarist, and I think he played every bit as big of a role in the band as Amy Lee. Secondly, I'm not all that impressed with the music. Yes, I liked "My Immortal" and even "Bring Me To Life" when it first came out, but when I listened to the rest of the album, I was not impressed at all. It seemed pretty cookie-cutter, just like everything else on rock radio.

I'll give the new album a chance, but without Moody(and, yes, I've heard the new guitarist's previous work and didn't really care for it), I kinda doubt I'll even like it.

inside_us_all04
07-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Actually evanesences new axe man is really good, he did amazing things with Cold, check out the intro to stupid girl,awsome...

Agent D
07-14-2006, 07:47 PM
So you are judging them on thier appearance?! When did the music become all about fashion? They proved to be a very versatile band with thier last release, and though they lost an awesome guitarist, they have someone who is very capable to fill his shoes. I for one think that this new album may just suprise a lot of people.

Uh, no, I am not judging by their appearance. I am judging by their music, which is very gothic and depressing. Versatile band...haha. What album have you been listening to?

Titan9 summed it up pretty nicely. I dislike Evanescence for the same reasons.

nagpo
07-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I think part of the reason why a lot of people hate Evanescence is the same reason so many hated Creed: the lead singer's "ego". I don't know Amy Lee personally, but I have heard many stories of demonstrations of her ego. Just about every non-Evanescence fan I speak to usually says they don't like Evanescence because of Lee's ego.

That's not why I dislike Evanescence, though. While I think Amy Lee is a very talented singer, I just don't think the band will be the same without Ben Moody. He was a real good guitarist, and I think he played every bit as big of a role in the band as Amy Lee. Secondly, I'm not all that impressed with the music. Yes, I liked "My Immortal" and even "Bring Me To Life" when it first came out, but when I listened to the rest of the album, I was not impressed at all. It seemed pretty cookie-cutter, just like everything else on rock radio.

I'll give the new album a chance, but without Moody(and, yes, I've heard the new guitarist's previous work and didn't really care for it), I kinda doubt I'll even like it.

no, the the reason i hate evanescence is because there music sucks singer sucks and everything els sucks. they're a horrible band.

inside_us_all04
09-01-2006, 04:44 AM
With WU not supporting Scott's fall tour, he oughta jump ship....

Chase
09-02-2006, 07:24 AM

I've met her once... and she seemed pretty down to Earth. But it was when I was hanging out with Shawn Morgan from Seether and they were together at the time. I don't think I've ever heard anything about her having a Stapp-like "ego" problem. Then again, I can totally see the possibility in that. I'm not really into the band... but they were able to gain popularity pretty rapidly on a primarily joke of a record label.

BobbyMcGee
09-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I think Amy Lee is very talented. I love her voice and the music that Ev does. Personally, I can't wait for the new album to come out!

I think WU is banking on the "dream" that Creed will re-unite...I hate to burst their bubble, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. They need to concentrate on what bands they have left. I wouldn't be suprised if Scott left them....and personally I hope he does. :D It's time for a change....move on and just appreciate the music for what it is.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion only.
________
Latina Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)
________
Proving grounds (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Proving_Grounds)

bobben
10-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I think WU is banking on the "dream" that Creed will re-unite...I hate to burst their bubble, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. They need to concentrate on what bands they have left. I wouldn't be suprised if Scott left them....and personally I hope he does. :D It's time for a change....move on and just appreciate the music for what it is.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion only.

Well, can't blame WU for hoping on a reunion...would be a HUGE commercial success either way...would sell millions even though it sucked!
No way it would suck anyway:D

Scott should leave for a bigger company (even though WU is owned by SonyBMG) so more people could get to hear his music!