Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Great Divide re-released? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Great Divide re-released?

JPB
05-24-2006, 08:52 AM
This is just a thought that popped into my mind lately. I have seen Scott live recently and have thought some of the songs from the Great Divide he is actually singing better live. Even a couple of the recent radio shows I think he has sung some of the songs better with slightly different twists to them. I wonder if Wind Up was sick of waiting around for his album and made him push it out before he was fully healed and in a better state of mind to fully fine tune the album. Some minor examples on the album: the Great Divide chourus could be tweaked a little, the bridge on You Wil Soar diffently could be changed and some of the other songs Reach Out etc. seem a bit forced and could flow a little better. I think The Great Divide is a pretty good album that could have been a great album with a little more polish. I know this might have been posted before but I thought I bring it up because Scott is singing these songs live, better now that he back at his full potential. IMO.

JPB
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
The theme of my post wich I guess I didn't actually mention in my post, sorry, is that I don't think Scott was a his full potential when the Great Divide was released and he has the ability to make it better. Wouldn't it be great if he re-released some or all of the songs tweaked slightly in certain areas to improve them. I now am very excited and optimistici about his future efforts.

inside_us_all04
05-24-2006, 05:42 PM
I woul love it if they included "Re Learn Love on it"

metalchris25
05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
That would be pretty cool, but I would rather hear all new material.

Mr. Seeker
05-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I've heard him singing some of the songs you mentioned live and I also noticed they were changed a little. I actually liked the changes and it would be cool if it was re-released....

nagpo
05-24-2006, 10:28 PM
That would be pretty cool, but I would rather hear all new material.
that would be save for a new album most likely.

Rocketqueen
05-30-2006, 12:32 AM
that would be save for a new album most likely.
that sounds like a great idea really but being in the middle of a tour and to go back in and re~do the entire album sounds a bet obsered ..

nagpo
05-30-2006, 04:37 PM
that sounds like a great idea really but being in the middle of a tour and to go back in and re~do the entire album sounds a bet obsered ..
i agree

Creed7352
06-02-2006, 03:32 AM
well, i don't think so...to the original post...scott has pretty much always thrown in some twists or sang parts differently live. it just gives it that better feel...like guitarists throw in fills that aren't on the album. it spruce's them up a bit. now, he might not have been at his full potential when it was recorded, but i don't think they should re-record it or anything...it'd be a waste of money and time. he'd have to go off tour to go back in and re-record it and it'd be better to just do a new album if he were to go back in the studio.

Ana4Stapp
06-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Re-release The Great Divide??? :eek: In no way its a good idea...and like Creed7352 said "a waste of time and money!" and I dont think his company want this...but of course "The Great Divide - Live" could be interesting....;)

The Lithium
06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I wonder if Wind Up was sick of waiting around for his album and made him push it out before he was fully healed and in a better state of mind to fully fine tune the album.
Well it's Wind-Up... OF COURSE they did!!!

metalchris25
06-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Do you know of any band that hasn't been screwed by them?

eusebioCBR
06-04-2006, 06:16 AM
with respect to this being a Scott Stapp thread, AB got away from wind-up - maybe Scott should too:confused:

Ana4Stapp
06-04-2006, 03:28 PM
with respect to this being a Scott Stapp thread, AB got away from wind-up - maybe Scott should too:confused:

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!:D ;)

The Lithium
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Do you know of any band that hasn't been screwed by them?
Creed

eusebioCBR
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Creed

^Not until the end, if we're to believe Scott S.

JPB
06-05-2006, 08:48 AM
My post was meant to refer to the idea that Scott was going through a hard time with drinking and depression that had resurfaced sometime near the end of recording the Great Divide. I by no means meant from him to drop everything to run back into the studio for those who thought thats what I was refering to. I just think that some songs could be touched up a little and since he seems to be in full form again maybe a live album or a few revised singles from the the Great Divide would be cool. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the album I think Wind Up just should have fine tuned the album a little bit more. I am excited for future new recordings just like everyone else.