Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp Reviews from INXS fans [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp Reviews from INXS fans

ScorpioRising
05-22-2006, 12:38 AM
This was posted on rockband.com about the Milwaukee show -

Scott Stapp opened, and I thought he did a really good job. I've always liked him. He was looking good. The sound volume seemed off the first song - I couldn't hear him very well, but this was corrected by the second song. He played songs from Creed and songs off his new album. He was definitely playing to the first row or two, giving almost all of us some attention, as well as trying to get more of the crowd to stand up and have fun.

ScorpioRising
05-22-2006, 12:47 AM
From inxs.com about the Cleveland show -

SCOTT STAPP WaS REALLY GOOD AND i REALLY DONT EVEN LIKE HIM, HOWEVER THERE WAS HARDLY ANYONE SITIING SO i was standing up to him in the second row. He was touching girls hands and he was so close I could touch him if I wanted too but I decided to let the girls that really liked him be the ones to touch him. Thats the way I would hope someone would be for me. But he sounded really good and he looked really good. He is a good looking man.

ScorpioRising
05-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Another one from inxs.com -

Scott Stapp was really awesome!! I knew I would not be disappointed there. (Weathered, I was thinking of YOU girl!!! ) I’ve always wanted to see Creed, so I was pleased he was able to bring those songs to the show. It was fantastic!!! He sang each song perfectly and was very interactive with the crowd. He did My Sacrifice, What If, My Own Prison, One Last Breath and a few from his new album. A special moment for me was during one of his new songs, he went into a snippet U2’s Pride (In the Name of Love)!

ScorpioRising
05-22-2006, 12:57 AM
From rockband.com -

(Cleveland show)

I have to admit I was not too jazzed about Scott Stapp opening for the boys, but he really got the crowd pumped - he sounded just like he does on his albums/videos - he's a professional that knows how to work a crowd

ScorpioRising
05-22-2006, 07:28 PM
And another one from rockband.com -

He sounded and looked great.His solo songs sound more hard rock than the Creed ones.I`ll definitely buy his CD now.I epecially liked Justify which he closed with.He came over and held the mic out for us to sing one of his new songs.Because I didn`t know the words I faked it,lol.Why didn`t he come over during one of the Creed songs.I know the words to those ones!

He opened with My Sacrifice and also sang With Arms Wide Open and One Last Breath.I wouldn`t miss him if you can help it.

ABYanks
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
.I`ll definitely buy his CD now.I epecially liked Justify which he closed with..

Thats the goal.

ScorpioRising
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
And another one for good measure! ;) Seems there was some doubt as to how Scott would be received by INXS fans in another thread. I think its safe to say that he has won a few of them over....

I was eager to see Scott Stapp and he didn`t disappoint. He opened his set with My Sacrifice from his Creed days. I`m definitely buying his solo CD after hearing some of the songs live.The songs are much harder rocking than the Creed ones imo. He really worked the stage well and sang to us a couple of times. And he was wearing supertight jeans which was a nice distraction. Normally I pride myself on knowing the opening acts music but I was waiting to hear Scott sing before I bought his CD. Oh well, it made for a funny moment as NIF pointed out ;) The other Creed songs he sang were With Arms Wide Open and One last breath. His solo songs were Great Divide, Broken, Reach Out and ended with Justify(his new single I believe he said-loved it!). I highly recommend not missing his set.

inside_us_all04
05-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Awsome, a move in the right direction.. Sounds like he is winning over fans of INXS, tottaly great:D

creedlvr
05-26-2006, 12:28 AM
This is awesome! Thanks for posting them.

stappissohot
05-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Well I'm glad some people like him, personally I was concerned that the INXS fans wouldn't be into Scott Stapp, INXS is an older band performing, somewhat, to an older or at least more mature audience, trust me on this one the only reason I'm going to see his CA show is because my mother is the biggest INXS fan yet she hates Scott, somewhat unmercifully, yet I'm only going because it's Scott and I have never heard INXS before, a song or two I don't really remember.... glad some INXS fans enjoyed, gives hope, lol

Robin101
05-26-2006, 04:39 PM
It seems like Scott's winning over quite a few people. There's stories of people not turning up to see him, waiting in the lobby and then coming in after a couple of songs - even those who didn't like him before. A majority of the INXS reviews have been very positive.

It's amazing to think but a lot of them didn't even know he was the lead singer of Creed.

I don't think this is going to cause a huge change in his popularity or album sales but it's good to know he's being seen in a positive light for a change.

MackaN
05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Now post the bad reviews!

Stappishot
05-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Now post the bad reviews!

I really don't think there'll be bad ones to post. Only if he goes and does a 360 and drinks again, which I doubt will happen but u never know, but I hope it doesn't! But that's the only time u will hear a very bad post from someone. But it seems like a lot of INXS fans like him. I doubt the record sales will go up that much either, but who knows. The only bad post will be if they didn't like him. But so far so good. :D

JOEINHOUSTON
05-28-2006, 03:09 PM
http://www.concertlivewire.com/inxs.htm

here's a negative review, but probably from someone who isn't that objective.

eusebioCBR
05-28-2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.concertlivewire.com/inxs.htm

here's a negative review, but probably from someone who isn't that objective.

Well, there might be some honesty in this review. Why else would his solo career appear to be dead in the water.:(
As much as I love CREED, maybe the music just isn't relevant to the masses anymore:dunno:

SecretWeapon
05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, there might be some honesty in this review. Why else would his solo career appear to be dead in the water.:(
As much as I love CREED, maybe the music just isn't relevant to the masses anymore:dunno:
Anymore? Dude, anymore, you can't appeal to the masses unless you concede that Britney Spears was the best signer of all time. Sad but very true. Radio stations won't play anything that doesn't sound like pop, and music videos have nowhere to be played except MTV and VH1, and while VH1 is usually too busy playing classic rock, MTV refuses to play anything that doesn't have a half-naked black woman in it with some guy singing "grrrrrl".

I have a bad, bad feeling that even if Hendrix or Elvis came back from the grave, they couldn't get enough money to survive on unless they switched over to hip hop. Or maybe pop punk.

nagpo
05-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Anymore? Dude, anymore, you can't appeal to the masses unless you concede that Britney Spears was the best signer of all time. Sad but very true. Radio stations won't play anything that doesn't sound like pop, and music videos have nowhere to be played except MTV and VH1, and while VH1 is usually too busy playing classic rock, MTV refuses to play anything that doesn't have a half-naked black woman in it with some guy singing "grrrrrl".

I have a bad, bad feeling that even if Hendrix or Elvis came back from the grave, they couldn't get enough money to survive on unless they switched over to hip hop. Or maybe pop punk.
tru dat

eusebioCBR
05-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Nice try DUDE, but unless there are at least one million more people feeling like you and buying his cd, my point still stands.
.......and I don't see anything wrong with a half naked woman:naughty:

tremonti4life04
05-29-2006, 12:56 AM

I have to disagree. If Hendrix or Elvis came back from the dead, their miraculous resurrection would be a scientific phenominon, and they would probably be richer than they ever were, just from the fact that they defeated death, and did the impossible.

Not only that but.........

Chances are it would also be turned into a Reality show, most likely called "Surreal life (after death)" and they would make money living together in the same house along with Biggie, TuPac, Janice Joplin, Johnny Cash, and John Denver.

Dogstar
05-29-2006, 01:27 AM
:laugh: :D

Trimontana
05-29-2006, 01:39 PM
This was posted on rockband.com about the Milwaukee show -

Scott Stapp opened, and I thought he did a really good job. I've always liked him. He was looking good. The sound volume seemed off the first song - I couldn't hear him very well, but this was corrected by the second song. He played songs from Creed and songs off his new album. He was definitely playing to the first row or two, giving almost all of us some attention, as well as trying to get more of the crowd to stand up and have fun.

This review was written by a profesional :wtf: Even a 9 years old kid could write a better review.

SecretWeapon
05-29-2006, 06:37 PM
I have to disagree. If Hendrix or Elvis came back from the dead, their miraculous resurrection would be a scientific phenominon, and they would probably be richer than they ever were, just from the fact that they defeated death, and did the impossible.

Not only that but.........

Chances are it would also be turned into a Reality show, most likely called "Surreal life (after death)" and they would make money living together in the same house along with Biggie, TuPac, Janice Joplin, Johnny Cash, and John Denver.

:laugh: Yeah. Close enough. I've been too disgusted with the music industry lately that I've obviously fallen out of accuracy when predicting them. Thanks for the correction. :D

tremonti4life04
05-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Im tired of the music industry and the direction its taking. A lot of good bands are being screwed over by their record lables, ahem...

Second of all, and most importantly is the lack of talented bands. No talent idiots that are hitting the limelight, making one album, selling billions of them, and then thats all you hear for the next 2 years. I would like to see one HUGE rock band hit the scene like creed did, and blow everyone out of this mindless indulgance that they've gotten themselves into. I cant remember the last time i heard an awesome band that blew me away. Well, Evans Blue rocked my freakin world when they came out, but now they are nowhere to be seen, i havent heard a damn thing about them since their album dropped. Musicians are becomming too enthralled by their own halo's to truly be great musicians, ill give you an example.

My band played a battle of the bands near where i live, in may. Well, we were the first act up and had an awesome response. The rest of the bands were all screamo, where as we are pure rock. Well, all you heard was "Bwaaaah Bwahhhhh, GRRRRRRRRR, OWWWWW" from these mindless sacks of crap. Not a single other band in the battle even attempted a guitar solo, and to be honest with you, their guitars would have served a much better purpose in this world if they were turned into something like, i dont know, broomsticks and paper. We ended up losing to the biggest morons on the face of the earth, i mean, the crap they played could have been classified as "The sound a goat makes when its raped" They won because the crowd, for some unknown reason, liked them. Tell me now, isnt music more about the art and less about the little rockstar attitude? I think its about the art, but i dont know too many people who are in on that thought with me.

tremonti4life04
05-30-2006, 01:24 AM
...or, do you have to wear special secret decoder earplugs while you listen to this crap to hear the real message? And if so, i would like to know where i could order a pair.

eusebioCBR
05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
:laugh: ^ you're right!

titan9
05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
tremonti4life04 and Secret Weapon are officially my heroes. I couldn't have stated my disgust with the current music industry any better than you guys did. :D

metalchris25
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I HAVE TO SECOND THAT!^

The comment about the raped goat was hilarious! I hate screamer bands.

ScorpioRising
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
This review was written by a profesional :wtf: Even a 9 years old kid could write a better review.

None of the reviews I posted were written by professionals. I never claimed that any of the reviews were written by professional music critics. They were written by some INXS fans who attended the shows and enjoyed Scott Stapp.

There seemed to be some question about how Scott would be received by INXS' fans. Most of the accounts I have read have been positive, some have been indifferent, very few have been negative.

I thought some people on this site, might be interested in reading some unbiased opinions about Scott's performance. These posters from other fansites have no reason to sing his praises or give him any unearned props. And, unlike some of the 'professional' reviewers, they don't have an axe to grind or an agenda to promote.

titan9
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM

Don't forget Jim Morrison and Ray Charles. Throw in Kurt Cobain for laughs. :laugh: