Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Bush ordering up to 6,000 in Guard to border [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Bush ordering up to 6,000 in Guard to border

Ana4Stapp
05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
See it:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12796688/?GT1=8199

President Bush said Monday night he will send as many as 6,000 National Guard troops to the U.S. border with Mexico to help stop the flood of illegal immigrants.

eusebioCBR
05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
It's a start, but not enough.

I want the borders of my country secure.

Ana4Stapp
05-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Seem that this attitude can provoke more problems ...http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/15/immigration.reax/index.html

eusebioCBR
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't deny that as I've had some heated conversation with my father about this.
If race is removed from this issue a border has been broken and laws violated.
That's how I see it.
I know Mexico doesn't welcome illegal immagrants from Guatemala.;)

metalchris25
05-15-2006, 11:57 PM
While I applaud the effort, it is not nearly enough.

Steve
05-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I agree that this is not enough, but compared to what we currently have, it is something that is taking us in the right direction. Perhaps in time more resources can be generated to protect the borders. It's good to see the President finally take a stand on this issue publically and is setting forth the groundwork to get some sort of solution to this problem.

metalchris25
05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
do you think he's doing it just to raise the poll figures, cause from what I understand, he didn't do much to stop it as governor for Texas either.

eusebioCBR
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
^ I think so, this is just a band-aide.:mad:

Chase
05-17-2006, 01:59 PM
do you think he's doing it just to raise the poll figures, cause from what I understand, he didn't do much to stop it as governor for Texas either.

I don't care if he's doing it to raise the poll numbers, at least he's doing something that other presidents didn't care to tackle. I was just having a tour of the Mexican-American border down here in San Diego and the Border Patrol agent that was giving the tour said people from about 70 different countries last year were apprehended as they were trying to illegally cross the border. That included people from all parts of the world... hell, there was even an Englishmen. This isn't a race issue, it's a security issue. The two agents that were doing the tour were both non-white. One was Filipino, and the other was actually born in Tijuana, Mexico and moved to San Diego as a child.

I have lived on the border my entire life... and let me tell you, we need security and some sort of military presence down there. There are armed drug smugglers down there everyday, I'm sure... as well as prospective terrorists.

The second Mexico wants to label the U.S. as being discriminatory, all they have to do is take a look at how they treat Guatamalans and Mexicans of darker complexion.

nagpo
05-17-2006, 07:03 PM
this is crazy

Steve
05-18-2006, 09:18 AM
What's crazy and why?

eusebioCBR
05-18-2006, 09:23 PM
www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110008389

:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110008389

:rolleyes:

I found it very interesting...
Is it possible our flinty president is so committed to protecting the Republican Party from losing, forever, the Hispanic vote, that he's decided to take a blurred and unsatisfying stand on immigration, and sacrifice all personal popularity, in order to keep the party of the future electorally competitive with a growing ethnic group?

humm... maybe a Republican like Chase (who obviously loves Bush) can answer it...:rolleyes:

Yeah....Im back...lol :D

eusebioCBR
05-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Ana is back!:party2: this thread has been dead

Ana4Stapp
05-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Ana is back!:party2: this thread has been dead

:rolleyes: Well.. coming from you it sounds very sarcastic...

lol!!!!!!!

Chase
05-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I found it very interesting...
Is it possible our flinty president is so committed to protecting the Republican Party from losing, forever, the Hispanic vote, that he's decided to take a blurred and unsatisfying stand on immigration, and sacrifice all personal popularity, in order to keep the party of the future electorally competitive with a growing ethnic group?

humm... maybe a Republican like Chase (who obviously loves Bush) can answer it...:rolleyes:

Yeah....Im back...lol :D

... or maybe Americans don't like people breaking our immigration laws left and right. Did you know that here on the border with Mexico, there was a shooting? And it resulted in a death? The border is a problem and it needs to be pacified. End of story.

P.S. I don't love Bush... do foreign people only think that this nation only has one Republican?

metalchris25
05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I was just wondering if anybody knows how many people sneak in from Canada?.

If they do, they are severely wrong. I tend to lean more toward the republican side alot, though I don't like to label myself as having any affiliation with any side of politics.

Ana4Stapp
05-19-2006, 09:30 PM
... or maybe Americans don't like people breaking our immigration laws left and right. Did you know that here on the border with Mexico, there was a shooting? And it resulted in a death? The border is a problem and it needs to be pacified. End of story.

P.S. I don't love Bush... do foreign people only think that this nation only has one Republican?

Oh ..no.. I dont disagree that America needs to control ilegal immigrants who try to enter the board...I also remmeber saying this in other thread...I dont support ilegal immigration...no way. But I was wondering if his attitude wont cost him less support and I thought about this political result for Bush, for Republican Party....cause this action will provoke a reaction, my friend...but its okay if you want to close your eyes to it like avoiding to discuss it...yeah...end of the story... or well maybe its end of the story to Republican party....:rolleyes:

PS And Im sure that Bush isnt (unfortunately) the only example of Republican in America...:rolleyes:

Chase
05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh ..no.. I dont disagree that America needs to control ilegal immigrants who try to enter the board...I also remmeber saying this in other thread...I dont support ilegal immigration...no way. But I was wondering if his attitude wont cost him less support and I thought about this political result for Bush, for Republican Party....cause this action will provoke a reaction, my friend...but its okay if you want to close your eyes to it like avoiding to discuss it...yeah...end of the story... or well maybe its end of the story to Republican party....:rolleyes:

PS And Im sure that Bush isnt (unfortunately) the only example of Republican in America...:rolleyes:

Bush isn't up for re-election... what support is he working for? Congress (Republicans and Democrats) is unanimous in wanting to end this flood of illegal immigrants.

And the border does need to pacified and that is the end of story. Most people in this country agree with that. I haven't a clue as to what point you are trying to make at the end of your post... so I won't comment on it.

Bush isn't the only example of Republican. Just as Ted Kennedy shouldn't be considered the only type of Democrat. Why do you hate Bush for wanting to do something to keep undocumented immigrants from breaking the law?

Ana4Stapp
05-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Bush isn't up for re-election... what support is he working for? Congress (Republicans and Democrats) is unanimous in wanting to end this flood of illegal immigrants.

And the border does need to pacified and that is the end of story. Most people in this country agree with that. I haven't a clue as to what point you are trying to make at the end of your post... so I won't comment on it.

Bush isn't the only example of Republican. Just as Ted Kennedy shouldn't be considered the only type of Democrat. Why do you hate Bush for wanting to do something to keep undocumented immigrants from breaking the law?

Its interesting the way you interpret it politically as "end of the story" considering that you live in a area full of latins (mexicans especially)...

I cant believe you didnt get my point...but okay...you wont comment..humm....maybe because you have nothing to say???

And if you say that Bush isnt the only republican so how can you ignore this political result for Republican party????

But anyway..once and for all I never said I hate Bush!!!!!! I hate his foreign policy!!!!!!!:mad: (After all this time offline ..and one thing is obvious ..you dont change... right? :D )

Chase
05-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Its interesting the way you interpret it politically as "end of the story" considering that you live in a area full of latins (mexicans especially)...

I cant believe you didnt get my point...but okay...you wont comment..humm....maybe because you have nothing to say???

And if you say that Bush isnt the only republican so how can you ignore this political result for Republican party????

But anyway..once and for all I never said I hate Bush!!!!!! I hate his foreign policy!!!!!!!:mad: (After all this time offline ..and one thing is obvious ..you dont change... right? :D )

"End of story" is a figure of speech. Nevertheless, border security is an issue that has unanimous support.

I didn't comment because I don't understand what you're trying to say... try re-wording it.

And Bush isn't the only Republican or only type of Republican. Don't make an accusation unless you know American politics. Border security is more of a domestic issue, rather than an issue of foreign policy. So, by your sentiment... you support the president on this issue.

Ana4Stapp
05-20-2006, 08:44 PM
"End of story" is a figure of speech. Nevertheless, border security is an issue that has unanimous support.

I didn't comment because I don't understand what you're trying to say... try re-wording it.

And Bush isn't the only Republican or only type of Republican. Don't make an accusation unless you know American politics. Border security is more of a domestic issue, rather than an issue of foreign policy. So, by your sentiment... you support the president on this issue.

I wasnt making an accusation ... I thought it was obvious but since you dont have a clue about it...I will clarify things ....;)

I was trying to say that his attitude can provoke (in the future) less support from latin comunity in the next elections...especially at a bad moment --when the Republican Party seems to lose political 'strength' ...

Actually is not that I support Bush's on this issue:D ...but of course I cant approve something being against law....like illegal immigration...I cant support this...what technically makes me support Bush...ohhhhh...
lol

And of course I know the meaning of end of the story....lol

Chase
05-21-2006, 02:49 AM
I wasnt making an accusation ... I thought it was obvious but since you dont have a clue about it...I will clarify things ....;)

I was trying to say that his attitude can provoke (in the future) less support from latin comunity in the next elections...especially at a bad moment --when the Republican Party seems to lose political 'strength' ...

Actually is not that I support Bush's on this issue:D ...but of course I cant approve something being against law....like illegal immigration...I cant support this...what technically makes me support Bush...ohhhhh...
lol

And of course I know the meaning of end of the story....lol

Yeah, but when you have a lot of prominent Democrats pushing border security... it kind of makes it hard for just the Republicans to lose support. Moreover, different prominent Republicans have pushed different border reform bills in Congress. So, the issue is more broad than it seems.To top it off, Bush isn't up for re-election... so I'm sure poll numbers don't really affect his ideas in this case.

The entire border issue is very intricate and there is a lot of politics going on as we speak. Everyone agrees that there needs to be reform, but a lot of people disagree in what the proper way to go about that it. Example: Republican Senator John McCain has a different idea than, say, Republican Senator Bill Frist.

It should be also noted that there are a great number of Mexican Americans who oppose illegal immigration as well...