Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Something is amiss [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Something is amiss

JPB
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall to see why Scott is going to open up for INXS. INXS is a has been band that at there peak never sold near the amount that CReed did. I wonder why with Scott's ego he would open up for a has been band. I don't think thats very good advertisment for his album especially when he is trying to re-establish himeslf.. Plus he doing a lot of dates with INXS not just a few. Something does not seem right and I don't think Scott would have requested this.

Rocketqueen
04-28-2006, 12:22 PM
well of course now that makes a lot of sense :) who would,nt like to be the freaking opening act but all i can say !!!! Its Not About How Much Money Your Making Or How Or Who Is Headlining Or Not Like Bobby Dall Said poisons Orginal Bass Man Its About Going Out And Playing And Doing What You Love The Most And The Satasfaction Of Knowing This Is What I Love And Im Doing It if you perform in front of 30 people or 30 thousand its just about doing what you love...

HuMaN~ClAy
04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
this is a very weird combination, and they are doing a TON of dates... i agree with JPB, i don't think Scott had much say in this. My guess is Wind-Up is pissed that the cd didn't go diamond and they've pretty much given up on him like they've done with so many others :(. I think they see INXS as a band who recently had lots of public attention and would see an increase in concert attendance so sticking Scott in there as the opening act he might get more sales :S, and it might also cost them less compared to if he were headlining.

personally i think this is terrible, and would just leave after Scott left the stage haha. but i don't have to worry about that since they're not coming to Toronto!.... come on now... who comes to Canada and doesn't stop in Toronto??

nagpo
04-28-2006, 06:20 PM
this is my plan for stapp, make his next album really good better than tgd. when i say really good im mean good enough to sell platnium. then he 2 should leave wind-up cause eventually they will be the end of him.

ABYanks
04-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Scott needs to release more singles and sooner.

Unforgiven Fan
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Scott needs to release more singles and sooner.
well he did...justify and surround me...

GregS
04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
this is a very weird combination, and they are doing a TON of dates... i agree with JPB, i don't think Scott had much say in this. My guess is Wind-Up is pissed that the cd didn't go diamond and they've pretty much given up on him like they've done with so many others :(. I think they see INXS as a band who recently had lots of public attention and would see an increase in concert attendance so sticking Scott in there as the opening act he might get more sales :S, and it might also cost them less compared to if he were headlining.

personally i think this is terrible, and would just leave after Scott left the stage haha. but i don't have to worry about that since they're not coming to Toronto!.... come on now... who comes to Canada and doesn't stop in Toronto??

When i was in Toronto in July last year i heard AB were playing Ontario , found out they had the 1 date in Sarnia ,was gonna go but heard it was a 3 hour drive..

HuMaN~ClAy
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
When i was in Toronto in July last year i heard AB were playing Ontario , found out they had the 1 date in Sarnia ,was gonna go but heard it was a 3 hour drive..

yep, they played some music festival there. i wasn't able to make it either. i wasn't in Ontario at all, i was back home in Newfoundland (another province in Ca.) for the summer. i tried to talk my parents into letting me fly over to see it but that didn't go over so well :P haha.

creedlvr
04-29-2006, 04:18 PM
well he did...justify and surround me...
When were these released as singles? I'm not aware of that.

Stappishot
04-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't think it's such a good idea for Stapp at all, I think wind-up is not doing a good job at giving him what he really needs, and that's his OWN tour. The thing I'm must worried about is, how is INXS fan base going to react to Stapp? And he shouldn't be there opening up, he should be doing his on tour with someone opening up for him. He has like a half an hour to an hour on stage, then no more Stapp. That's gonna suck for anyone there to see Stapp, especially if they came along way to see him. And the tickets are expensive. I really don't think there's gonna be to big of a Stapp fan base there. But that's just my opinion.

JOEINHOUSTON
05-01-2006, 03:24 PM
i find it odd as well. was the first leg of his tour that unsuccessful in ticket sales? what has inxs done lately? stapp doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. he has more money than he'll ever need. maybe this is what he needs, a little dose of humility. i plan to be there to see him again on jun. 28 here in houston.

crest tattoo
05-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Actually...if you look right now, the "new" INXS is kicking a@@. They are selling out on many shows. As soon as I saw Scott was opening for them, I went in to get tickets, and because they announced their sales before announcing Scott, they were almost sold out, and the only tickets left were in the nose-bleeds. Plus, the tickets are really high!!!
My friend said, think about it, Scott's gig will be cut shorter than his last round because he will be the opening act:eek:
I would love to see INXS too, but not for $65! I would pay that much to see Scott or AB, if I could get closer!
But, INXS is very hot right now guys, so it could mean great things for the man Scottie! But the amount of dates scheduled scares me a bit for him!!
And I really, really wish he'd do SUMMERFEST IN MILWAUKEE!!!! HELP ME ON THIS ONE STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABYanks
05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
^^^They are pretty popular and this is a great way for him to develop new fans. How many people left the Stapp shows and liked Breaking Point, alot. I was one. So this is a way for him to grow.

crest tattoo
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Very true! I was sooooo hooked on Submersed and followed them to another state!!

HuMaN~ClAy
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
well he'll definitely get exposure from this, but i really don't think the INXS fanbase will react very well to Scott Stapp... I think a lot of us here are just so loyal and follow him blindly. Not to Scott bash or anything, but the man really doesn't have much of a voice left, and when you're a solo artist and all you've got is a worn out voice.... well...

i know i still love his music, and i have respect for him. But i'm not naive, i know it's just a blind following, but i'm ok with that.

He'll get exposure on this, and probably make a bit of money, but don't expect many new fans.

ABYanks
05-06-2006, 03:44 PM
umm have you seen him live

his voice is far FAR from shot, if anything its stronger.

eusebioCBR
05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
umm have you seen him live

his voice is far FAR from shot, if anything its stronger.

stronger than the CREED days or since he became ill?

crest tattoo
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I think it's been pretty darn strong. I seen him twice on this last leg, and he sang What If? and Reach Out, two very hard songs, vocally. They sounded great actually!
I don't think he'll lose any by doing this tour. I would bet he gains a few!

metalchris25
05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope so, cuz he's not gettin the credit he deserves.

HuMaN~ClAy
05-06-2006, 11:04 PM
i seen him in Toronto, and it was honestly an amazing show. i loved every minute. but i was right in front and with everyone singing it was actually hard to pick out his voice. i did notice lots of strain in One Last Breath and MOP. but he has done a number of shows since the cd release they truely showcased his voice, such as those acoustics he did for nascar. his voice was so bad in those i honestly turned it off.

i'm not trying to bash him here. i'm a huge fan, and will buy any material he ever releases and go to every single concert i'm able to go to. but in all honesty i don't see him picking up many new fans on this. for one his music is pretty different than that of INXS. one of the reasons i loved breaking point when i seen them with scott was because their type of music is what i listen to and what i enjoy.

playing to an audience who probably doesn't like his grunge creed sound, or his optomistic great divide sound, when his voice is no longer what it used to be is what makes me think this won't go over so well for him... however, i do think opening for another band more suited to his sound would be very good for him, just not INXS.

sorry for this post haha, it got long and out of control real fast...

Stappishot
05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm just alittle angry that he has to open up for them, and not have someone open up for him. I don't know if he will get to much of a fan base with INXS. I don't know if there fans like Creed/Scott Stapp. I just hope this goes over well for him, but I can't say I have that gut feeling that it is. I never got to see Creed/Scott Stapp, and I hope one day to see Stapp, but I don't want to see him open up for anyone, I wanna see him singing on stage for a while, not an opening act.

eusebioCBR
05-07-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm going to risk ex-communication here, but what the :drunk: .
This CD was a flop and linking him with INXS is a desperate attempt to market any popularity left with Scott Stapp or CREED.

THERE I'VE SAID IT!

now feel free to tell me I suck or I am full of sh*t.

REALITY BITES!!!!

HuMaN~ClAy
05-07-2006, 11:27 AM
This CD was a flop and linking him with INXS is a desperate attempt to market any popularity left with Scott Stapp or CREED.

THERE I'VE SAID IT!

REALITY BITES!!!!

I agree 100%... it really sucks, but that's totally what this INXS thing is all about.

Stappishot
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM

THERE I'VE SAID IT!

REALITY BITES!!!!

I agree with that. I'm sorry to say. But I do like some songs on his new CD. And yes it is a desperate attempt to market him.

Lechium
05-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I wonder why with Scott's ego he would open up for a has been band.
Do you realize that stappie is a has-been as well, right?

crest tattoo
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
IMO, for INXS to accept him says enough. Their rep is undisputable right now, so he can't be THAT bad...

Stappishot
05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Well INXS isn't all that. I like Stapp I like his new CD, but I think it was thought out already. It was planned for him and INXS to tour together, is what I'm trying to say. That's what I think. I think People for Stapp and INXS got together and put it together.

RMadd
05-12-2006, 03:55 AM
inxs is obviously only still around b/c of their little show they had sometime last year. why stapparoni is tagging along is really anyone's guess.

Stappishot
05-12-2006, 12:13 PM
inxs is obviously only still around b/c of their little show they had sometime last year. why stapparoni is tagging along is really anyone's guess.

True I forgot about that little show they had :D . I really don't know why Stapp is tagging along. Why would he want to open for them and spend such little time on stage, that's what I don't understand about this thing. Wouldn't he want to do his own tour and have someone tagging along with him? I wonder if there's gonna be enough of Stapps fans there to see him perform for such a short time.

crest tattoo
05-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Sorry to say, but INXS is hot right now. Try getting tickets. They are $65 unless you want a nosebleed! And the only seats left are the two last rows in the balcony. They are doing really well right now. Both released songs have made it in the top 20 on VH1. So, I'd say they are hot right now!

eusebioCBR
05-12-2006, 07:53 PM
so is Scott opening for them because he's that great or 'cause he needs to be linked with success:confused:

Stappishot
05-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Sorry to say, but INXS is hot right now. Try getting tickets. They are $65 unless you want a nosebleed! And the only seats left are the two last rows in the balcony. They are doing really well right now. Both released songs have made it in the top 20 on VH1. So, I'd say they are hot right now!

I don't care about them, so in my eyes, there not hot.

So I guess that's the KEY word they (INXS) are hot right now. Is that the same for Stapp?

Stappishot
05-12-2006, 07:58 PM
so is Scott opening for them because he's that great or 'cause he needs to be linked with success:confused:

What I think is, Stapp doesn't have that big of a fan base anymore. I mean his solo tour didn't do that well. They were giving out FREE tickets to his tour! I would have been so mad :mad1: if I were him! He couldn't sell out were ever he went on his solo tour. So I think Wind-up is getting him where ever they can, because he needs fans. The bigger the OTHER band (INXS) I guess the more possible fans Stapp can get. But that's unless INXS fans like Stapp, and that we just don't know.

crest tattoo
05-12-2006, 08:23 PM
As for the free tickets for Stapp, that was a gimmick for the clubs. They said they were "free" with two drink minimum at $10 a piece. So, they weren't really free.
And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.

eusebioCBR
05-13-2006, 12:25 AM
And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.[/QUOTE]

I'm still not buying it:peoplesey

Frankie
05-13-2006, 09:24 AM
He couldn't sell out were ever he went on his solo tour.

I wonder where people get this idea ^^^ You can choose to believe it if you want, but it's not true.

Out of Scott's 15 shows...at least 6 of them were sold out before show time.

Atlanta, The Borgata, Foxwoods, Cleveland, Ft. Worth, and Vegas...with large crowds at all the others.

Just sayin'

eusebioCBR
05-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm a CREED fanatic and I would like to believe^, but 6 sold out shows on a solo tour that's now an opening act...........

I just don't think so:o

LeftOfTheMurder
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't say Stapp is "hot" right now, or successful whatsoever. As a matter of fact, most of the hard rock community hates the man and takes him as a complete joke. And I'd have serious doubts about him selling out his dates.....I know that here in Milwaukee, I heard they were giving away tickets for free (NOT the 2 drink minimum - actually free tickets) just to get people in the doors.

I'm trying to be more realistic than negative, but in my opinion, Stapp's career is on a fast downward spiral.

Stappishot
05-13-2006, 09:32 PM
I wonder where people get this idea ^^^ You can choose to believe it if you want, but it's not true.

Out of Scott's 15 shows...at least 6 of them were sold out before show time.

Atlanta, The Borgata, Foxwoods, Cleveland, Ft. Worth, and Vegas...with large crowds at all the others.

Just sayin'

I had friends that went to those shows, and they say and I quote " the top was empty just the floor was packed" So that means NOT sold out, right? Or maybe I just heard them wrong.

Stappishot
05-13-2006, 09:36 PM
As for the free tickets for Stapp, that was a gimmick for the clubs. They said they were "free" with two drink minimum at $10 a piece. So, they weren't really free.
And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.

I'm not saying he's not great, so da. Anyway. I just think he's not that good right now if he's someone opening act. He must not be doing that good if he has to open up for someone else.

crest tattoo
05-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry if that came off rudely. I was in a bad mood.:(

Stappishot
05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry if that came off rudely. I was in a bad mood.:(

No problem, I have Finals coming up soon, so I know what's being in a bad mood is all about!!! :D ;)

crest tattoo
05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
:thankyou:

Robin101
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Scott's problem is that he pissed off a lot of people during his Creed days.

His actions not only alienated him from his bandmates but also Creed fans. Take into consideration how many people already hate the guy and you can understand why his album hasn't shifted many copies and his tours haven't been that successful - who is there left to support him and give his album a chance?

By opening for INXS it allows people who won't normally think about buying his album the chance to hear his material.

crest tattoo
05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Last paragraph-well put.
I'm the first fan to stand up for him, trust me. But look at a similiar case with Tom Cruise. His Mission Impossible 3 opened with half of what it should have. People don't want to support him anymore because of his crazy antics in public. True fans still will, and movie fanatics will, but he's offended a lot of people, me for one. I won't support him, but I may come around one day.
I hope Stapp can make a new name for himself in public. He is the only one that can, and he only can by getting out there to do it!

Stappishot
05-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Scott's problem is that he pissed off a lot of people during his Creed days.

His actions not only alienated him from his bandmates but also Creed fans. Take into consideration how many people already hate the guy and you can understand why his album hasn't shifted many copies and his tours haven't been that successful - who is there left to support him and give his album a chance?

By opening for INXS it allows people who won't normally think about buying his album the chance to hear his material.

That's if INXS fans like Stapp, and will give him a chance. I'm hoping they will, cause he needs this.

eusebioCBR
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Stapp/Creed music is VERY different from INXS.:bigeyes:

Robin101
05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Stapp/Creed music is VERY different from INXS.:bigeyes:

I think that's the whole idea.

When Stapp released his album he didn't know what the response was going to be. He had every right to believe that, with Weathered being a monster hit, the album could go Platinum and he could still be playing to arenas.

Unfortunately, this was not going to happen due to the reasons given in my previous post. Stapp has now tested the water and realized that he has to go back to square one and build his career again. The only way he can do this is to branch out to a different crowd and also show the 'closet' Creed fans he's not a waste of space. There's still a huge fan base out there for him IF he can get things right.

To open for INXS is both interesting and brave - but what has he got to lose?

eusebioCBR
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
^I don't see much happening, but if your right I owe you a Coke:D

inside_us_all04
05-19-2006, 06:45 AM
I just hope they come to Colorado... Id defnitly go!

HuMaN~ClAy
05-19-2006, 08:12 AM
well i dunno but i can't even force feed his cd down my friends throats when they're in my car. they all just hate him, for what reason i have no idea. they took to alter bridge pretty good, better than they did to creed. i don't see stapp recovering from his bad reputation any time soon, and that's really too bad because he really loves what he does, i've never seen anyone on stage with as much passion as him before.

maybe this is just how it'll be from now on. he'll release cd's that won't do much besides ship gold... it won't be the same as it was 5 years ago for him, but i hope he keeps makin music because i know i'll keep buying it, pretty much no matter what... unless it's like a christmas album or somethin' :P... and i still might buy that.

Dogstar
05-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't think it's as much his reputation as it is the quality of the music. The album, imho, just wasn't very good.

Robin101
05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't think it's as much his reputation as it is the quality of the music. The album, imho, just wasn't very good.

Could you say the same about One Day Remains considering it hasn't sold much better than The Great Divide? The Great Divide could end up selling more than One Day Remains but that doesn't make it a better album.

The fact is Stapp pissed off a lot of people during his time with Creed - much of it brought on by himself, some of it manufactured due to their unparalleled success. Unfortunately, some of the people he angered were Creed fans. Those who, with no real reason, already despised the guy now have ammunition with his 'solo screw-ups' - Casino Cinema, the sex tape, the arrest etc. Certain radio stations won't even play his music.

During Stapp's recent Detroit show, where he played My Sacrifice, Let Me Go, Surround Me, Sublime, The Great Divide and Broken acoustic, he said that INXS actually contacted HIM. He was a fan of them growing up.

BTW, anybody who thinks his voice is 'shot' should listen to the show and then have a nice slice of humble pie.

Dogstar
05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Could you say the same about One Day Remains considering it hasn't sold much better than The Great Divide? The Great Divide could end up selling more than One Day Remains but that doesn't make it a better album.
I'm not actually talking about sales, but touring. AB didn't have to cancel their overseas tours. AB packed a lot of clubs when they went out. From what I've heard, Scott's tour didn't exactly pack them in. Now, granted, we don't know the reasons Scott's tour overseas was canned, but I'm guessing the label wasn't really happy with the ticket sales and didn't want to put up the money because they wouldn't get it back.

The fact is Stapp pissed off a lot of people during his time with Creed - much of it brought on by himself, some of it manufactured due to their unparalleled success. Unfortunately, some of the people he angered were Creed fans. Those who, with no real reason, already despised the guy now have ammunition with his 'solo screw-ups' - Casino Cinema, the sex tape, the arrest etc. Certain radio stations won't even play his music.
Certain radio stations not playing his music probably aren't getting the payola to do so. Like it or not, payola is alive and well. Sales initially weren't that good. Wind Up likely stopped pushing the album once it realized it wasn't going anywhere, and that includes probably cutting off payola. Recently, Sam Goody's closed up shop near me and they were having a massive sale. I went in just before it closed when almost all of the inventory was gone. No lie, there had to be 30 Scott Stapp solo CDs on the racks. People wouldn't even buy them at a ridiculously low price.

crest tattoo
05-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Teri, silly me, what's payola mean?

Dogstar
05-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Teri, silly me, what's payola mean?
Hehe, I'm Kerri, but you're close ;)

Payola is/was a system where labels/promoters paid DJs money to get their songs played and played often. It was a big scandal in the late '50s, but it's still going on today, but now it's the program directors who supposedly get paid because the DJs don't control what's played at all. There used to be more options back in the day, but corporate ownership and an emphasis on supposed demographic studies/polls have pretty much taken choice away from the DJs.

crest tattoo
05-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I know that Kerri. I don't know why I thought that! Silly, silly me.!

Dogstar
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Hehe, no harm, no foul ;)