Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
A lack of communication [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : A lack of communication

LeftOfTheMurder
03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Lately, I've been a little bit worried about how little we have heard from the guys. I mean, I hate to be so blunt, but that is a great way for Alter Bridge to lose fans. The longer the band neglects to update their fans, the chances of fans finding new favorite bands who are actually actively creating increases greatly. You know, this actually reminds me of the year or so that we heard "oh, don't worry, Creed is recording their fourth album." Not to say that Alter Bridge is breaking up, but I find it frustrating to feel like your favorite band has fallen off the face of the earth and it seems like they just dont give a shit enough to update us. I just don't understand why it's so hard for the band to let us know what's going on with the new album, the status of the record deal, etc. Any thoughts?

Drake
03-26-2006, 07:01 PM
That is what I've been thinking too.

eusebioCBR
03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
maybe they're keeping quiet to respect Scotts solo tour

facelessmike
03-26-2006, 08:57 PM
or that Michael is recovering from a serious accident

Bridge of Clay
03-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Dude, you shall not worry:

1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off.
2- The one who updates us about Alter Bridge is Michael Tremonti, who's been recovering from a serious car accident. He'll post as soon as he's able.
3- Alter Bridge is currently IN STUDIO tracking the next album, last we heard. It means soon (or maybe it's the actual milestone) Myles will record the vocals and then they'll proceed for mixing/ mastering.

RoffeDH
03-27-2006, 02:37 AM
They're IN the studio now?

King Oropher
03-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Be Patient

RoffeDH
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
I am, but IF they were in the studio, it'd be great... Right! :D

LeftOfTheMurder
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.

Bridge of Clay
03-27-2006, 01:22 PM
They're IN the studio now?
yes, they are. :)

J-Man
03-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Of course, I understand Michael's situation and pray for a quick and successful recovery. And yes, we all know that Wind-Up is absolutely terrible with Public Relations type stuff.

I"m just saying, it's not a good idea for the band to keep completely quiet about what they're doing. I mean, Wind-Up has almost done more hurt than help to Alter Bridge's global reputation, but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans. That's all I'm trying to say.

If you understand the situation w/ Michael and Wind-Up then what's the problem? Since when did the the actual band members communicate with the fans on what's going on? They have PR people that do that. Your sentence that reads: but you can't redeem that lack of exposure by not talking to your fans seems out of line and ridiculous. Hmmm....anyone on here get actual phone calls from the band as to what's going on? I'm a fan, should I expect a call or a drop by from them so we can talk?

LeftOfTheMurder
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I figured sooner or later somebody would come along and take what i'm saying completely of out context.

First of all, obviously I would never expect Michael Tremonti to worry about updating the fans. He has enough on his plate and we all wish him the best in his recovery.

If Wind-Up has PR people to update fans, then where the fuck are they?

I never expected Mark, Myles, Scott, or Brian to come here and post. I never said that, either. I don't know where you got that notion.

All I'm saying is, It'd be cool if the band would maybe update their official site or release some kidn of info on the future. In my eyes, if I were in a band like Alter Bridge, I'd deem it important to do that. Otherwise, they run the risk of losing fans. Thats all I'm saying, J-Man. Think before you post, especially accusing me of expecting that the band is going to call fans and tell them whats going on. You're a fucking idiot man.

J-Man
03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
LMFAO! I'm the idiot? Funny, you say that, because if you read Bridge of Clay's answers to you, it made a lot of sense, and you did ask why the BAND hasn't talked to anyone. Well, go back and read what Bridge typed. Maybe after a couple of readings, you'll get it.

And I highly doubt that AB would lose fans due to it being a bit quiet. Perhaps, they're in the studio recording as Bridge of Clay stated.

J-Man
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
One last thing, if I'm not mistaken, Wind-Up is the PR for them (and what did Bridge say?) 1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off. And I have read somewhere that WU are the ones in charge of the band's official website. Put two and two together and I think a lightbulb may appear above your head.

J-Man
03-27-2006, 03:55 PM
DELETED as it was here twice.

LeftOfTheMurder
03-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Dude, when I say "the band" I dont literally mean Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall. I mean everyone involved in Alter Bridge, such as Wind Up's PR's. Oh, and I'm sorry, I forgot Bridge of Clay works for Wind Up and knows exactly how they handle their business.

Go smoke some more crack, dumb shit.

Creed7352
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
well you said that you know windup doesn't do shit for promotion etc....so that would lead one to know that since they don't do that, they're not going to just all of a sudden update the site or release some news on the band.

so i'm kind of lost on what you're still asking here...maybe you could restate it in another way? i'm not trying to be an ass here, just trying to help you get the answers you want. but in order to do that, i have to know what you're asking. it seems to me you've got answers to what you've already asked. if you're still unclear, bring it across another way.

LeftOfTheMurder
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Creed7352, thank you for a competent and logical response.

I guess i'm not really trying to ask a specific question. I was just trying to see what everyone else thought about the subject, whether people agreed or disagreed with me regarding my opinion that Alter Bridge has a bit of a communication problem with their fans, atleast compared to my other favorite bands.

You could call it bitching, you could call it debating. I suppose I'm not raelly asking a specific question here.

It's out of line for someone to come on here and completely take what I'm saying out of context and act like I meant something else, so excuse the language in previous posts.

If I had to ask a question in this thread it would be: Would anyone besides me like a more specific update on what the band is doing? I've just heard some rumors that they are tracking, and I don't how official those are.

Creed7352
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
yes, i would like something from the label, but well...we all know that ain't gonna happen...lol

the "rumor" of them tracking came from abb.net from a poster who met mark in orlando about 3 weeks ago now, and that's what mark told him. he came back and reported it to us. until michael gets better, i don't think we're going to really get anything concrete. michael has spoiled us ab fans by always giving us a heads up on what the band is up to, but now he's focusing on his recovery, as he should, so we just have to sit and wait.

ETA: we will have a new album out this year though..that is for certain. mark said so himself. it was in an interview. i'm not sure if i can track it down, but i can try. he said something along the lines of "we'll have a new album out this year whether we're with windup or not." something like that.

LeftOfTheMurder
03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Yea, that's what I mean, I don't really trust what some fan says whether he/she met Mark Tremonti or not. It's more like a rumor than anything.

But if Mark says a new album this year, then that is good. Thank you, Creed7352

johellion
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Dude, you shall not worry:

1- Wind-Up doesn't give updates unless it's an album release or tour kick-off.
2- The one who updates us about Alter Bridge is Michael Tremonti, who's been recovering from a serious car accident. He'll post as soon as he's able.
3- Alter Bridge is currently IN STUDIO tracking the next album, last we heard. It means soon (or maybe it's the actual milestone) Myles will record the vocals and then they'll proceed for mixing/ mastering.

This is true.....guys are in the studio:)

Bridge of Clay
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks johellion!!! Can you please give us any other detail/ update? :)

Creed7352
03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
you got it man!

RoffeDH
03-29-2006, 03:56 AM
johellion who are you, and how do you know this? Met them?

Bridge of Clay
03-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I assure you she's reliable, Roffe.

RoffeDH
03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
How do you know? I'm not saying she's not just wants to know how she can be...

Bridge of Clay
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
She's related to someone in the band.

LeftOfTheMurder
03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
excellent news man. just what i was looking for...someone who would know confirming the fact that the band is in the studio. right on.

J-Man
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Ahhh...the lightbulb went on finally.

Steve
03-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Just to confirm, johellion IS reliable. She's related to a band member. I believe she's said who she is in the past on the forums but I'll leave it up to her to address who she really is if she so chooses to do so again. Take my word for it though, she is who she says she is.

Bridge of Clay
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Just to confirm, johellion IS reliable. She's related to a band member. I believe she's said who she is in the past on the forums but I'll leave it up to her to address who she really is if she so chooses to do so again. Take my word for it though, she is who she says she is.
Yeah, thanks Steve!

That's why I also didn't say who she is. It's been said before in many different threads. It's not necessary to repeat it!

RoffeDH
03-30-2006, 05:40 AM
I now know who she is ;) Thanks... Even wich member :P But as you said she's the one to choose if she wishes to say so again...

rabidgopher04
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I now know who she is ;) Thanks... Even wich member :P But as you said she's the one to choose if she wishes to say so again...
A simple search will do the trick...

uncertaindrumer
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
^Just what I was thinking...