Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
cover ideas? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : cover ideas?

inside_us_all04
03-21-2006, 01:38 AM
I was wondering if Scott has played any cover songs at his shows? If not i wouldnt mind hearing him do a MC5 song like Kick Out The Jams or maybe a Doors or somethin..

King Oropher
03-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Open Your Eyes
Broken Wings

stappissohot
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
King Oropher I don't think he would want do Alter Bridge....
Maybe a Stevie Wonder song, would be interesting and the Doors definetly, wouldn't even mind the Rolling Stones

nagpo
03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Open Your Eyes
Broken Wings
:rolleyes:

IamFilthy
03-21-2006, 10:06 PM
"I Walk the Line" - Johnny Cash
"Fortunate Son" - CCR
"Cold As Ice" - Foriegner

Rocketqueen
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
im thinking about it, Cash~ RING OF FIRE :D

King Oropher
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
King Oropher I don't think he would want do Alter Bridge....

I just always wanted to hear him sing those two songs, some say they sound Creedish so it was on my mind to imagine him singing them. I try to imagine him singing them when I listen to them but I just can't get Myles vocals out of my head : ) I think he'd be able to nail them. I don't think Mark would mind : )

Mrprophetman
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
"I Walk the Line" - Johnny Cash
"Fortunate Son" - CCR
"Cold As Ice" - Foriegner

I think he would be awesome doing anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

IamFilthy
03-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I think he would be awesome doing anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Agreed,....."Who'll Stop the Rain","Run Through The Jungle", "Up Around the Bend",..etc. But most of all,......"I Put A Spell On You". That would be an awesome song for him to cover. I believe Stapp would do well on any John Fogerty vocal

bilal
03-22-2006, 09:31 PM
but he do covers of creed all the time................

nagpo
03-22-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah, on the tour for his next album i wish he wouldent do that.

facelessmike
03-23-2006, 12:05 AM
yeah, on the tour for his next album i wish he wouldent do that.

No matter how many solo albums he makes, I'm pretty sure he'll always have a few creed songs on the set list. Paul McCartney still plays Beatles songs and there's nothing wrong with that. You know, I really had mixed feelings about him playing creed songs, but it doesn't bother me anymore. They still sound great. Aside from integrating maybe some of the doors stuff he's already done, I don't want to see him do covers. His distinct voice would make pretty much anything else sound strange.

titan9
03-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I've always kinda wanted him to do some U2 covers. Like maybe "Bullet The Blue Sky" or "Pride". Some 'Zeppelin covers would be kinda cool as well.

INDIGOSTEVE
03-25-2006, 05:30 PM
he wrote them they aren't covers, get over it.

IamFilthy
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
he wrote them they aren't covers, get over it.

I agree........when will people leave it alone?,....they are his songs, Creed was HIS band, and Mark says he doesn't want Stapp to sing Creed songs although he can sit there and talk about how shitty they were? Besides the fact that Scott wrote them,...I feel that Mark and Flip LEFT Creed, not Stapp, so, in a sense, they left Creed's songs behind as well.

Creed7352
03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
no, creed broke up, creed is no more, so for anyone to perform creed songs anymore it's a cover.

and cold as ice would be an interesting one...

i'd like to hear him do five to one by the doors...or soul kitchen by the doors as well.

nagpo
03-25-2006, 11:57 PM
no, creed broke up, creed is no more, so for anyone to perform creed songs anymore it's a cover.

i'd like to hear him do five to one by the doors...or soul kitchen by the doors as well.
yeah five to one would be good. i like that song.

IamFilthy
03-26-2006, 04:09 PM

No,...Stapp is, was, and will always be Creed. For anyone not ever associated with Creed would make it a cover song.

Creed7352
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
No,...Stapp is, was, and will always be Creed. For anyone not ever associated with Creed would make it a cover song.

well, since they are creed songs and scott stapp and the scott stapp band are playing them, they're covers ;)

INDIGOSTEVE
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
well, since they are creed songs and scott stapp and the scott stapp band are playing them, they're covers ;)
no you are wrong they aren't covers, he wrote them, period!

GregS
03-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah they aint covers..
He has right to play the songs.. he wrote half of em... So yeah.. not cover songs.

eusebioCBR
03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
No,...Stapp is, was, and will always be Creed.

If that is so, then where is the continued level of success?:peoplesey

Forget the emotion and look at the numbers(sales). I don't like it, but I have to wonder if the prarty's(Creed #'s) over.:confused:

Creed7352
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
he wrote them, the band he's playing with didn't....the band he's playing with is playing the music...they're covering them. period.

IamFilthy
03-28-2006, 10:21 AM
he wrote them, the band he's playing with didn't....the band he's playing with is playing the music...they're covering them. period.

Stapp is not a band,.....he is a solo artist,...a solo artist that wrote Creed songs. Sure technically speaking you could say his band is covering them, but his band do not carry the spotlight. It's not "Scott Stapp and the Burrito Brothers",.....it's SCOTT STAPP. Not covers. period.

Creed7352
03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
looks like we're going to agree to disagree here...lol no worries.

IamFilthy
03-28-2006, 04:22 PM
looks like we're going to agree to disagree here...lol no worries.

I gotta say, I admire the way you handled our disagreement. It's not too often that an argument can end with "agree to disagree".

Creed7352
03-28-2006, 04:36 PM
well, i mean, i see your point...and to a degree you're correct. i hope you see my point, and to a degree i'm correct...so, we'll just end up going on about it forever, it's really an argument without an ending so why bother? lol