Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Rocks Phoenix! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Rocks Phoenix!

facelessmike
03-19-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't have any pics or vids, sorry - but here's my review; I'll keep it short.

Scott Stapp closed out this leg of the tour with a bang by putting on an absolutely spectacular show!
After a delay caused by a radio promo meet and greet (damn I wish I was there), I was about the 15th person to get in the venue. The room was all GA and at least 3/4 full of a capacity of 1500. I got a position at the dead center of the stage, one "row" back from the rail.
Breaking Point was a good opening act. I didnt know much about them, but I liked it enough to get their cd after the show. They all signed it and seemed very nice and humble and have a decent message. They're worth checking out.
Scott put on a truly amazing show, full of energy and passion. He truly is a master of stage presence. He also did a mic stand trick and even broke out the Stapp shuffle a couple times. Stapp's enthusiasm was equaled by the crowd. Several times throughout the set Scott had to pause and just smile either in the middle of a break in a song or before starting a new one because of the very boisterous crowd. At one point he drank some water, then splashed the rest into the crowd - which got my face all wet!
Scott's voice was incredible. You would not have known this was the end of a tour or that he played the night before. Maybe it's not as smooth as it was in the MOP days, but any concerns that his voice is shot should be put to rest. Many of the songs sounded better than on the TGD album, and I didnt notice any straining to reach or extend notes. The set list was the same, and the music was great. Although I didn't focus on his band very much, they really impressed me. No doubt, they can play! It was cool to hear Scott speak alot and explain the real meaning of some songs, such as Let Me Go, Hard Way, Justify and Sublime, as well as some Creed songs. He thanked the crowd profusely and said that it was the best show on the tour so far and that he picked the right place to end it.
A few minutes after the show, the goneblind guys came out and gave away picks and drumsticks to those of us who were still there. Stapp also took off his shirt and gave it to some woman. Unfortunately, I didnt get a chance to meet Scott.
Anyway, if you have a chance to see him, don't miss it. Here's hoping more dates will be announced. I had seen some clips of recent shows, but they dont do it justice. It exceeded my expectations, and definitely ranks as one of the best concerts I've seen.

Chase
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Awesome review! He should just head a little ways west to San Diego lol. Here's to hoping he plays California!

GregS
03-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Heres hoping he comes 2 UK soon.. :D

Dogstar
03-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Great review, and thanks for sharing. That's awesome that you had such a great time!

crest tattoo
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Where were you??? I was on the rail probably right next to you!!!! I got a drumstick too (well, my hubbie got it for me after being shoved so hard into the rail that both our ribs were practically bruised!)
I had a few different impressions though. The DJ outside told me he was late because he flew in while the band drove, and the rain in Vegas made the flight delayed. I almost made the meet and greet! The DJ asked who would like to meet him (while we were in line). I jumped forward, and the other DJ said, "Hey, she came all the way from WI." There was another few people that were as obnoxious as I was, so he said, "Who can first name two of the DJs from this station?" I was so bummed. How would I have known? Anyway, when Scott first came out onstage, he wasn't himself like in Milwaukee, but I think it was because he was in a rush. He was pacing the floor like a rabid dog at first, and then he tripped trying to step up on a speaker. I was quite scared something was going on, but soon after that-he came around and was feeding off the crowd like in Milwaukee.
I'm thankful that he doesn't get down seeing such a smaller crowd in a smaller venue. Instead, he seems to know his real, true fans are there and he appreciates that. That takes a lot to do, and I'm truly impressed!
When I asked the DJ the capacity, he said somewhere between 500-1000 (quite a range??), but it was about 3/4 full. No seats at all!
I, too, got wet from the water he tossed, but at that point, I needed it!
I hope he adds to his tour!!!!!

Mrprophetman
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Heres hoping he comes 2 UK soon.. :D

Check out the official website....it says he's playing the Astoria in London on 5/11/06.

facelessmike
03-21-2006, 03:26 AM
(Long Quote)

OMG Thats awesome! The water did feel great; it was getting warm in there. I didn't notice him doing that at first, probably because during the first couple songs I was trying to take pictures or just rocking like hell! When I asked a security guard, he said the capacity was 1500, so who knows?
But you're right, the quality of his performance was fit for many thousands; and us, his true fans, got to see it in an intimite setting! How cool is that? And, there is no question that Stapp's performance the other night was much better than the last time I saw Creed, on the weathered tour (just talking about Stapp himself).

Here are a few pics - (I finally figured out how to add them):

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/facelessmike/stapp3.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/facelessmike/stapp1.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/facelessmike/stapp2.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/facelessmike/stapp.jpg

INDIGOSTEVE
03-21-2006, 08:52 PM
that venue to me sucked, it was so hot in there and the staff were morons! Scott did rock but vegas was better~

facelessmike
03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, the venue was pretty bad...I havn't heard anybody say anything good about it. Next time he should go to the Venue of Scottsdale, where AB has played twice here- it the about same size but much better.

INDIGOSTEVE
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I also met stapp in vegas~ my pass was blue they took the 3 off us into the dressing room where the whole band was and they were all very cool Scott is very nice and signed both cd's and took pictures what a great night!

crest tattoo
03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Indigo, are you who was standing next to me on the rail? You were let in first and gave Scott a check for the foundation?

INDIGOSTEVE
03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
yup that was me!

crest tattoo
03-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I thought you said you were only on PBF. Nice to meet you-again! You realize who I am?

INDIGOSTEVE
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
you were on my right?

facelessmike
03-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Thats crazy - there must have been at least 5 of us from CF and/or pbf at about the same spot. Crest Tat, I think you were to my left in front of me.