Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
12/29/02 Chicago Show - Thoughts [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : 12/29/02 Chicago Show - Thoughts

creedfan2334
12-30-2002, 01:50 AM
you really want to know how the show was???

i was in the pit, on the left side of the catwalk towards the end, and right on the rail. i had a decent position, but that would not make up for what i was about to see...

Scott Stapp was drunk. Yes its true, he as totally trashed. he was slipping up all kinds of words, constantly sitting down on the steps in front of Scott Phillips, and he even laid down on the stage on his back during "Who's Got My Back." After that song finished he threw the mic to the ground, took off his earplugs, asked brett if he wanted a drink, and then left the stage. mark went to go find out what happened, and a few minutes later they came back and finished up.

Scott also didn't say anything to the cxrowd at all like he usually does. Like "Its great to be back in Chicago" and stuff like that.

I have seen Creed the last two times they came to Chicago, and i must say that this was the worst out of the three. I must though give credit to Mark, Brett, and Scott Phillips who did a hell of a job despite Scott Stapp's drunkeness.

As for Scott Stapp, I hope that whatever is bothering him that made him get drunk before the show, I hope he is able to resolve them with alcohol. Hopefully he can get some help, cause by his preformance tonight it looked like he needed it.

creedfan
12-30-2002, 01:59 AM
Yah I was at the same show man. This was my first creed show and i just couldn't beleive what I was seeing. See my post on the other thread, I said the same stuff about the show. What did you think about the first two bands? I thought they sucked....

creedfan2334
12-30-2002, 02:18 AM
stereo fuse was alright, local h kicked ass in my opinion

stealmyfreedom2
12-30-2002, 02:23 AM
okey dokey..... that's the only thing that comes to mind after seeing that show tonight... just got home and still cannot believe what i just saw... i caught them at the tweeter center with 12 stones and cantrell this august... and ummmm... scott kinda put on a bit of weight.. where did that awesome six pack stomach go?? He was really in rare form tonight... something really hit him hard.. drugs.. alcohol..dunno which one.. probably both. I sure hope he's not headed into a morrison reincarnate... I had floor tickets for the first time in 4 creed shows and was so incredibly disappointed. Tremonti kicked ass.. flip was rockin out, and hesla was keepin up.. i'm sure they all had some words with him after that preformance.. and what was with the no shoes??? hmmmm?? sure hope that scott can kick whatever he's got goin.. i'd sure hate to see my all time favorite band go to hell in a handbasket like this.
________
Enzo (car) (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(car))
________
Alzheimer's disease forums (http://www.health-forums.org/alzheimer-s-disease/)

robo74
12-30-2002, 02:46 AM
This is what i just posted...didnt meant to start a new thread!

Concert Date Dec 29th at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL

I have been a loyal Creed fan for many years, Bought every album, enjoyed every song.
I had the pleasure of seeing them in Chicago in fall of 99. This year, I have been on a Creed concert streak. Tinley Park, IL Aug, 02, Madison WI, Nov 02..all great shows. Today, I have to regretfully say, I am hurt, disappointed and mad. I just got back from the show in Rosemont, IL. I can’t say Creed in this case because it was Scott. 5 seconds into the first song, people knew something was wrong. And yes there was, he was DRUNK of his ass. Couldn’t sing s song for the life of him, couldn’t walk much. Most of the first half of the show, he was sitting on his ass on the stage. Then he deceided that he would lay down to sing a song. Then, when he was pissed off at what he was doing, he threw the mic, his ear pieces and stormed off stage. He came back with no boots on, just Scott in his socks! Then a bit later, he left again between songs, only to come back with no shirt. He couldn’t sing, he couldn’t do what he does best with his loyal fans. People left after a few songs, people boo’d at Scott. Today, he wasted my time and money, and this will not be forgotten.
Today, I think he lost some fans! Watch the news in the near future, you will see this “show” brought to a lot of peoples attention.

stealmyfreedom2
12-30-2002, 02:49 AM
that show just simply amazed me.. got to see them earlier this year in august at the tweeter.. thank god i have the memories of that show .. which kicked some major AZZZ... but this was a different creed all together.. i'm sure we'll be hearing all about it on Q101 tomorrow morning... and in the papers.. they'll get ripped to shreds..
________
vapor genie vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)
________
TRICHOMES (http://trichomes.org)

robo74
12-30-2002, 02:51 AM
I fully agree... although Q101 will prolly think its funny. Me... I think its BS, I have very mixed emotions and I think he needs to publicly apologize!

my 2 cents

stealmyfreedom2
12-30-2002, 02:56 AM
yeah i would think that at least mark would give some kind of explanation... i'll sure be listening to Q101 in the morning though.. on the way home from the show they were already talking about it.. not sure who the DJ was but he said " wow.. people coming home from the creed show.. mixed emotions about that one.. we're already getting calls.. hmm was scott trashed?"
________
Yamaha Wave Blaster (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Wave_Blaster)
________
BMW R47 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_R47)

creedfan2334
12-30-2002, 03:00 AM
yeah Q101 will have a field day with this one for a long time, and only because it is not like Scott to do this.

stealmyfreedom2
12-30-2002, 03:04 AM
do creedfan or robo have aol messengers??
________
Yamaha YZ250F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZ250F)
________
LIST OF MAZDA FACILITIES PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Mazda_facilities)

Dogstar
12-30-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by stealmyfreedom2
I sure hope he's not headed into a morrison reincarnate.
Geez, after reading all the comments about tonight's show, this is exactly what I was thinking. You took the words right out of my mouth. I sure hope that is not what is happening. It sounds as if he needs help immediately. I'm supposed to go to the Philly show Tuesday, but maybe they should cancel. I'd rather see him get whatever help he needs and fast before he completely self-destructs.

creedfan
12-30-2002, 09:39 AM
You sound like a real loyal fan...im not sure if you'd want to see him in the shape we saw him last night. Its hard to say what will happen in Philly. I can't see him turning it all around in two days.

tru2mine
12-30-2002, 09:57 AM
i think everyone might be blowing this up a little to much. If he was drunk then thats all it was, not to say he doesnt need a break but you do dumb shit when your drunk and maybe thats all it was. Alcohol allows you to release what you wouldnt if you were sober. i just feel sorry for the fans that paid for and had there hopes up for a good concert cause normally creed rocks.

creedfan
12-30-2002, 09:59 AM
I agree to an extent, but he should get wasted when he doesn't have a show to do! He is a professional and he needs to perform like one.

tru2mine
12-30-2002, 10:03 AM
yeah but it could have started with just a few drinks. He might have not gotten drunk intentionally if thats what he was. You know once you got a few in ya you kinda lose track. its hard to control once you gotta a buzz

creedfan
12-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Well, I guess. It was just a big let down to see him in that shape after all the times I've heard of his performances and seen him on TV.

tru2mine
12-30-2002, 10:23 AM
i was a little let down when i heard about it too and i hope im not let down at the philly concert. I honestly dont think he has a problem except for being over worked and stressed out.

creedfan2334
12-30-2002, 12:30 PM
yes, if scott was jsut drunk for 1 night, he could turn it around for Philly...

however, he is still in bad shape with his voice, and he is probably beat up for all the touring, i mean i saw creed in chicago 3 times within a span of a little less than 11 months! plus the accident he got in over the summer probably doesn't have him at a true 100%.

they seriously should just cancel and rest for a long time before going back on the road.

tru2mine
12-30-2002, 12:55 PM
obviously the things he is going through dont bother him all the time because he has put on some good shows recently. its probably a depression thing where he's having his ups and downs.