Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
scott pic [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : scott pic

nagpo
03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/image/_/id/9404888/imageSize/large/image/22

can he even play? i remember him trying to learn but not being able to.

HuMaN~ClAy
03-09-2006, 09:31 PM
very interesting pic... i wonder what show that was taken at?? i know tremonti tried to teach him guitar, but i've never anything of him playing bass...

ABYanks
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I think he can play guitar remember he had a couple of his stolen from his house in orlando.

HuMaN~ClAy
03-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I think he can play guitar remember he had a couple of his stolen from his house in orlando.

oh yeah, i forgot all about that.

i'd assume it's not in his plans to actually play on one of his recordings tho... more of a hobby? maybe not tho.

ABYanks
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
prolly more of a hobby when you can sing like he does theres no need to play guitar

Rune
03-09-2006, 10:33 PM
where is he playing guitar?

That posted pic has the bassist and guitarist in it, but no stapp

Now that i look through them, he isn't playing guitar in any of the pics....sooooo...dunno what you guys are seeing.

In all of the pics the only person playing guitar is the guitarist, he's wearing a t-shirt and black hat, while stapp is wearing a long sleeved shirt

ABYanks
03-09-2006, 10:36 PM
yea i dont think its him either look at his pants in that pic taken the 24 and then look at the pants on a pic from the same date-jeans...

Creed7352
03-09-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah, that pic that the link goes to it's not stapp...it's the bass player and the lead guitarist...lol

nagpo
03-09-2006, 11:05 PM
hahahahaha. i feel dumb.

HuMaN~ClAy
03-09-2006, 11:12 PM
hahahahaha. i feel dumb.

me too LOL... should have known haha.

nagpo
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
me too LOL... should have known haha.
i have seen pics where scott plays the guitar tho.

Rune
03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
he did "play" guitar during SHWM at the winter olympics

HuMaN~ClAy
03-10-2006, 12:16 AM
i have a vague memory of a pic where scott was wearing a winters hat and had a guitar draped around him... don't know if that pic actually exists tho, my mind could be playing tricks on me... i think he's wearing a leather jacket too...

he was probably just strumming a few power chords while tremonti delivered a solo though... that wouldn't take a tremendous amout of skill to pull off.

but then again the thing might not even exist... i'll have a look for it.

Creed7352
03-10-2006, 03:14 AM
there was also a pic of him while they were practicing and he had a guitar...looked like mark was showing him something. i think it was from the weathered sessions, maybe he was showing him what to play for SHWM?

adparaiki
03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Just one criticism.

I am all for Scott stapp and realy look forward to seeing him in the uk and I prefer his stuff to alter bridge and want creed back but. Isn't that prs tremonti the guitarist is using?

yeah it's a great guitar but it's marks the only other person who should use it is Myles because then it's the alter bridge guitar.

who agrees with me / or disagree's but I suppose because stapp is doing creed songs (which I don't object to at all) you would need it for that sound.

I realy hope stapp comes to the uk and does creed songs aswell becuase I never got a chance to see creed live and this is the closest thing I have and I also love stapp's new music.

titan9
03-10-2006, 07:44 AM
i have a vague memory of a pic where scott was wearing a winters hat and had a guitar draped around him... don't know if that pic actually exists tho, my mind could be playing tricks on me... i think he's wearing a leather jacket too...

Yeah, that pic exists. I believe I saw it recently on one of the sections of PBF...maybe media section or something.

Bullets
03-10-2006, 08:34 AM

he was probably just strumming a few power chords while tremonti delivered a solo though... that wouldn't take a tremendous amout of skill to pull off.

but then again the thing might not even exist... i'll have a look for it.

yeah thats a shot from SHWM in the Winter Olympics...all he did was strum while Tremonti soloed, then he just went back to singing.

HuMaN~ClAy
03-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I am all for Scott stapp and realy look forward to seeing him in the uk and I prefer his stuff to alter bridge and want creed back but. Isn't that prs tremonti the guitarist is using?

That is a PRS guitar, but it's not one of the Tremonti signature ones. and if you didn't know they also use Taylor acoustics :rolleyes:

HuMaN~ClAy
03-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, that pic exists. I believe I saw it recently on one of the sections of PBF...maybe media section or something.

that's good, at least i now know i'm not crazy :)

Rune
03-10-2006, 05:01 PM
It's a prs standard he's using i'm pretty sure.

Definately no singlecut guitars in there, especially not a tremonti

ABYanks
03-10-2006, 06:56 PM
bring ear plugs to what?

The Lithium
03-10-2006, 07:26 PM
To answer the first post: Firs of all. Why is he playing guitar when he have 2 guitarists in his band? And yes, he can play some. A little. Mark tried to teach him, but said he just didn't learn...

nagpo
03-10-2006, 08:19 PM
To answer the first post: Firs of all. Why is he playing guitar when he have 2 guitarists in his band? And yes, he can play some. A little. Mark tried to teach him, but said he just didn't learn...
to show off. i dont know. an plus weve already learned its not him.

Mrprophetman
03-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Just one criticism.

yeah it's a great guitar but it's marks the only other person who should use it is Myles because then it's the alter bridge guitar.

who agrees with me / or disagree's but I suppose because stapp is doing creed songs (which I don't object to at all) you would need it for that sound.

I realy hope stapp comes to the uk and does creed songs aswell becuase I never got a chance to see creed live and this is the closest thing I have and I also love stapp's new music.

My guess is that anyone who can afford to buy a PRS tremonti, has the legal right to play one. The Alter Bridge Guitar.....hehe. Didn't Temonti do an entire tour where he was pimping that guitar? I do believe he did. I wonder if he gets a cut of the profits for everyone sold?

creedlvr
03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm not a "guitar person" at all and know absolutely nothing about them, so exuse me if this is a stupid question ....

but is PRS tremonti a type of guitar. That is what I am assuming ... but the "tremonti" part is tripping me up. Or is it literally "his" guitar?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.

ABYanks
03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
its like the model, PRS is the brand Paul Reed Smith

Oh just an extra thing I saw one of tremontis in the Hard Rock in Grand Cayman, theres alot of creed stuff there, mostly from the weathered "era".

Agent D
03-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Just for the record, Stapp can play a little guitar. He used one during Stand Here With Me in Hershey Stadium on the Weathered Tour.

titan9
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
but is PRS tremonti a type of guitar. That is what I am assuming ... but the "tremonti" part is tripping me up. Or is it literally "his" guitar?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.

PRS(Paul Reed Smith) is a guitar brand. They make Electric guitars of various types. PRS also makes artist signature model guitars(Carlos Santana, Mark Tremonti, that dude from Good Charlotte, just to name a few) that are made according to the artist's(in this case, Mark Tremonti) specifications. So, in this case, a PRS guitar is made just the way Mark wants it. He probably specified to them exactly what he wanted as far as design is concerned, and probably wood-type and other things as well. So, basically, a PRS Tremonti is a guitar that was made just how Mark wanted it to be made. PRS Tremontis were sold in guitar shops and online until 2004 when Gibson(another guitar brand) sued PRS because Gibson claimed the PRS Tremonti was too similiar to the Gibson Les Paul. PRS lost the initial case but eventually got a ruling in their favor. They can make PRS Tremontis again, but haven't yet. So the only way to get a PRS Tremonti is to buy it online. In Tremo's case, he gets his guitars custom made from PRS.

In a nutshell, the PRS Tremontis are made to Tremonti's specifications, but sold to the general public. They're guitars based off him, but anyone can buy these guitars. So, it wouldn't be illegal for Goneblind's guitarists to play PRS Tremontis, just as it wouldn't be illegal for Tremonti to play a PRS Santana.