PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2006, 08:33 AM
LMAO!!!

Take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_KiYzRA9BM&search=creed

It's pretty funny!

It's a parody of Behind The Music, so don't take it seriously.

Justify
03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
OK... I'm a Stapp fan but that was pretty funny. I don't see what all the uproar was about the Spike TV thing anyway. I thought he was freaking funny!

facelessmike
03-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Someone has way too much free time...but I might send that to my Stapp hating friend. :D

titan9
03-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Not bad. Sorta funny. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a former Creed/Current Alter Bridge fan created it.

And, I agree, Faceless, someone does have a little too much time on their hands. :laugh:

Steve
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
He thanks "PBF for all the laughs" at the end of the video, lol.

RoffeDH
03-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Okey okey... What was all this about, it was fun but it realy seemed as if he said that stuff... Someone have the real recording so I know what he realy said?

Steve
03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
The clips of Stapp on the tv show is what he actually said. That wasn't altered. The bleeps were a part of the broadcast because he was using expletives.

The Lithium
03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I thought it was hallirous. But only because Stapp was so drunk out of his mind he did the craziest things I've ever seen someone to on TV!!! :D

I laughted pretty hard during the video, but this goes under the category: "Most sad memeories". To see a guy who has inspired me a whole lot, and who seemed to be a good guy before the got famous end up like this...

I don't think he should blame the "somebody who stole the sex tape" for trying to hurt his career. The damaged has already been done, and not by "someone"...

eusebioCBR
03-07-2006, 01:28 PM
if he wants to track down that "someone", he might try taking a look in the mirror. That's just STUPID drunk, I know because I've been there often:o

Rocketqueen
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Its Part Of The Gig life should,nt be taking so serious

INDIGOSTEVE
03-07-2006, 03:13 PM
yeah like we all haven't had our drunken moments-just not on tv!

Rocketqueen
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
im serious as heart attack , i cant get drunk Booz Dose,nt Have No Effect On Me,

The Lithium
03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
if he wants to track down that "someone", he might try taking a look in the mirror. That's just STUPID drunk, I know because I've been there often:o
Hahaha, maybe it was Ricky! :D (Don't know if you remember this, but Mark said in the recent Rolling Stone interview about Stapp being sober that when he got really drunk Stapp became another person. Stapp himself called that person Ricky).

EDIT - It seems to be Rick, not Ricky

nagpo
03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
i have no intrest in that. theres already enough hating on stapp in the media, i dont need to see a stupid fan made one.

Chris98GT
03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
:lolsign:

Wow.

That is fucking great.

VIVA LA ALTER BRIDGE! haha

ABYanks
03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
i have no intrest in that. theres already enough hating on stapp in the media, i dont need to see a stupid fan made one.

tru

eusebioCBR
03-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Hahaha, maybe it was Ricky! :D (Don't know if you remember this, but Mark said in the recent Rolling Stone interview about Stapp being sober that when he got really drunk he became another person. Stapp himself called that person Ricky).
it's news to me:laugh: it's entertaining though:clap:

The Lithium
03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought too! :D

titan9
03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Hahaha, maybe it was Ricky! :D (Don't know if you remember this, but Mark said in the recent Rolling Stone interview about Stapp being sober that when he got really drunk Stapp became another person. Stapp himself called that person Ricky).

You mean the Rolling Stone interview that is supposedly inaccurate? And it was Rick, not Ricky. :D

The Lithium
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Alright, my bad...

IamFilthy
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
dumb, senseless, time-waster crap.....these people need a life. They probably listen to Fallout Boy now,.....whoa

Torn Daredevil
03-07-2006, 09:54 PM
The video was my doing... Glad most of you enjoyed it.

I'm simply a disgruntled former Creed fan who is really pissed that I fell for Stapp's bullshit for all those years.

And no... I hate Fall Out Boy, for the record.

eusebioCBR
03-07-2006, 10:36 PM

I'm simply a disgruntled former Creed fan who is really pissed that I fell for Stapp's bullshit for all those years.

Thanks! You did a great job:thumbsup:

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
You mean the Rolling Stone interview that is supposedly inaccurate? And it was Rick, not Ricky. :D
innacurate? why?

coz it unmasks baby Stapp? Even though they interviewed a bunch of people that used to be friends with him? When someone loses most of their friends and those friends are still friends until this day, there's definately something wrong with this someone. In this case, poor Stapp.

I'm so sick of him pointing the finger at others, blaming the others and creating lame excuses. He doesn't need to justify... if he only said "Sorry, I screwed things up for reasons I don't want to and I don't need to expose. All I ask is for your patience as I try to be a better person today" it would be wonderful.

ABYanks
03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
He did say that..... you havent seem him live have you

titan9
03-07-2006, 10:45 PM
No, I only meant that he claims it is inaccurate and that he videotaped the whole interview. He mentioned in a recent interview(with another magazine, I think or maybe it was a radio interview) that the RS article was inaccurate, that they misquoted him, and that he might put the videotape of the interview up on his website to prove it. I don't know if any of this is true, because I am not sure who to believe at this point. But I wouldn't put it past RS to slant it, given their negative attitude toward Creed and Stapp. Still, I only posted that here to let people know that, hey, that RS interview MIGHT not be completely true, that there COULD be inaccuracies. Whether that is the case or not is beyond me.

Bridge of Clay
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
ahhhhmmmmm, I see your point!

Ok, I take it back. If there's a tape he should show it, why not?

Anyway, as for him saying that live (the screw up part), I'm glad he's doing it. It's more than enough.

nagpo
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM

dude, get a life.

Torn Daredevil
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
dude, get a life.

As I said at abb.net... I just got some editing software and wanted to do a test project to practice using the program. It only took a few hours to do, so I posted it, and yesterday it was in the Top 50 at YouTube and linked by Gorilla Mask and VH1.

So, it was no waste of time. And I think Stapp is the one that needs to get a life, considering all that time he spends hitting the bottle...

Chase
03-08-2006, 12:23 AM

So let me get this straight... a guy who has an excerpt from the Bible created this? You do realize that you're being the hypocrite that you are accusing Stapp of being, right?

Chase
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
As I said at abb.net... I just got some editing software and wanted to do a test project to practice using the program. It only took a few hours to do, so I posted it, and yesterday it was in the Top 50 at YouTube and linked by Gorilla Mask and VH1.

So, it was no waste of time. And I think Stapp is the one that needs to get a life, considering all that time he spends hitting the bottle...

Anyone who enjoyed the terrible cinematic garbage of the "Daredevil" franchise should hardly be one to speak about having a life.

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 12:44 AM
So let me get this straight... a guy who has an excerpt from the Bible created this? You do realize that you're being the hypocrite that you are accusing Stapp of being, right?

No, I'm not, because I'm not a figure in the media preaching total crap to millions of fans. And it is part of the reason I did this. It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses, and making it look so awful in the process. I don't pretend to be something I'm not, unlike Mr. Stapp.

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Anyone who enjoyed the terrible cinematic garbage of the "Daredevil" franchise should hardly be one to speak about having a life.

And to criticize someone for their avatar is pretty fucking silly, low, and pointless. I know a lot of people that liked the film, and to like a film certainly does not devoid someone of a life. I did like the film when it came out, and since the pic fits my user name, I use it. I don't like the film anymore, but if the picture offends you, there is nothing I can do.

I'm offended that you are actually still a fan of Scott Stapp.

WhatSayYou
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm offended that you are actually still a fan of Scott Stapp.
Well this is where the friends and fans of Scott Stapp gather........so why are you here?

eusebioCBR
03-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Well this is where the friends and fans of Scott Stapp gather........so why are you here?
maybe you should report his trespass to Steve.
I'm tired of people suggesting who should or who shouldn't be posting anywhere. :censored:

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 01:18 AM

I simply posted to take credit for my video. Hadn't planned on posting again, but I decided I needed to knock down Chase's asinine comments.

Chase
03-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I simply posted to take credit for my video. Hadn't planned on posting again, but I decided I needed to knock down Chase's asinine comments.

I'm offended that you endulge in horrible Ben Affleck movies.

And another thing, I honestly find making fun of people who suffer from alcoholism to be more low than making fun of an avatar... since you obviously like to use Biblical quotes please find the one where it says :"thou shalt make fun of people who are struggling with their faith."

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm offended that you endulge in horrible Ben Affleck movies.

And another thing, I honestly find making fun of people who suffer from alcoholism to be more low than making fun of an avatar... since you obviously like to use Biblical quotes please find the one where it says :"thou shalt make fun of people who are struggling with their faith."

First of all, I said I don't like that movie anymore. If you really want me to change it and my username, I will. I don't even know why that's an issue. If you want to debate the truth about alcoholism, we could get into that all day. I concur with the thoughts from the most recent South Park episode (best show ever), that it's not a "disease," and instead of someone claiming to be a victim they should take responsibility of their own actions. A disease, I think, is usually something that a person has no control over. Scott Stapp started his own poor drinking habits. Is smoking a disease? No, it causes disease.

About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.

Chase
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
First of all, I said I don't like that movie anymore. If you really want me to change it and my username, I will. I don't even know why that's an issue. If you want to debate the truth about alcoholism, we could get into that all day. I concur with the thoughts from the most recent South Park episode (best show ever), that it's not a "disease," and instead of someone claiming to be a victim they should take responsibility of their own actions. A disease, I think, is usually something that a person has no control over. Scott Stapp started his own poor drinking habits. Is smoking a disease? No, it causes disease.

About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.

How do you know he hasn't had any remorse? Unlike you, I chose not to kick someone while their down... and I find it to be more fulfilling to keep an optimistic outlook. I don't see how gossiping about what Stapp ate for breakfast or where he took his last piss will give you any pleasure. But back to alcoholism. The American Hospital Association, the American Public Health Association, the National Association of Social Workers, and the American College of Physicians classify "alcoholism" as a disease. But... of course you know a hell of a lot more than the nation's most respected medical doctors.

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm well aware it's classified as a disease. But he caused his problem, and he continues to blame everything on everyone but himself.

Chase
03-08-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm well aware it's classified as a disease. But he caused his problem, and he continues to blame everything on everyone but himself.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree. It seems like in his most recent interviews... he's actually trying to make a change in his life and is finally accepting responsibility for his actions.

INDIGOSTEVE
03-08-2006, 04:39 AM
i juat love how some people judge!

Chris98GT
03-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Here's the formal definition of disease:
"A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms."

Here's another one of the definitions of disease:
"A condition or tendency, as of society, regarded as abnormal and harmful."

So yeah it's a tendency to constantly get drunk and out of control, which is abnormal and harmful. Clearly, it is NOT a disease in the formal sense. It is something that is within a person's control. I do not feel one bit of sympathy for alcoholic assholes like Scott Stapp.

titan9
03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
No, I'm not, because I'm not a figure in the media preaching total crap to millions of fans. And it is part of the reason I did this. It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses, and making it look so awful in the process. I don't pretend to be something I'm not, unlike Mr. Stapp.

If I may step in and say something(I'm short on time, so I can't address everything you've said). You're a Christian, right? So why are you judging Stapp and saying that he is "pretending to be something that he is not"? How do YOU know what his relationship with God is like? You don't. Further, as a Christian, if you judge others, you are sinning.

Regarding alcoholism, it IS a disease and the top doctors all agree on this. Yes, Stapp is the one who picked up the bottle in the first place and began to drink it. But he, like those who pick up cigarettes and smoke them, got addicted to it. And addiction is a hard thing to beat. Ask any smoker who has tried to quit smoking, any alcoholic who has tried to stop drinking. They'll all tell you how hard it is for them to quit, that the odds are stacked against them.

It's apparent that Stapp has at least TRIED to quit drinking(the repeated stints in rehab show this) and has, unfortunately, failed. But he, like many other alcholics who want to quit, keeps trying to give it up, not because of the ex-fans who criticize his every move, but because of his son, his wife and his family. That still doesn't mean he's going to be able to completely quit this, but he's at least going to make an effort.

And I guess you haven't heard about any of Stapp's latest concerts, or read his recent interviews. He HAS taken full responsibility for his actions. He isn't blaming it on his ex-bandmates, the ex-manager or anyone else. Not to mention how gracious he has been to the fans. It truly looks like he has changed since the Creed days, even changed since the recent arrests.

Call me crazy, but as a fan, I prefer to have a positive outlook. I don't agree with everything Stapp does, but it isn't my place to pass judgment on every little thing that happens in his life. Because, at the end of the day, I'm a Christian myself and, just like him, I'm going to make mistakes.

If you want to continue to criticize him for doing something you surely do(make mistakes), go right ahead. That's your choice. But as for me, I'm not going to criticize his every move, because it just isn't my place.

creedlvr
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Wow! For someone who clearly hates Stapp, it's pretty interesting that this would be the first practice "project" that came to mind. Way too much energy spent on someone you don't even like, if you ask me. As they say ... There's a fine line between love and hate.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of this video actually made people laugh. :confused: :confused:

creedlvr
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
It's really sad that Stapp is representing Christianity to the masses
Now THAT made me laugh!! When did he proclaim to do that?? He's a rockstar for God's sake ... not the Pope!:rolleyes:

RoffeDH
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Have you listened to his lyrrics?

I found the clip fun... But also realy sad since it's a true pice... As for judging him, I don't.

But if you are allowed to make fun of like say stupid people (who doesn't love to see stupid poeple make a fool of them slefs?), then why not drunk people... If we should make one expetion then we must make an exeption of everything... So why not make fun of Stapp?

I don't agree with DD who says that alcoholism isn't a dieseas... It is! Shure, it's a dieseas coused by yourself but none the less a dieseas...

INDIGOSTEVE
03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Wow! For someone who clearly hates Stapp, it's pretty interesting that this would be the first practice "project" that came to mind. Way too much energy spent on someone you don't even like, if you ask me. As they say ... There's a fine line between love and hate.

I'm still trying to figure out what part of this video actually made people laugh. :confused: :confused:
very well said

Rocketqueen
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
i have,nt saw i may whatch it on a speciale ocassion or something :D

creedlvr
03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Have you listened to his lyrrics?
I am more than aware of his lyrics (and I might add ... I LOVE THEM)!

What they tell me is that he is a person who has his Christian upbringing very embedded in his every day thinking (and writing). They tell me that he can't seem to escape what he was taught for so long ... but struggles with it ... and has for a long time. They tell me that he knows what's right and wrong and that he WANTS to do the right thing ... but knows that he hasn't made it there yet. They tell me that he is somewhat lost or torn between his beliefs and his temptations and the pressure of being who he is. They tell me that down deep he is a good person with good intentions but has lost his way and is fighting to find his way back.

He has made it painfully clear over the years that he is NOT preaching to anyone or trying to get people to believe what he believes. His lyrics are a reflection of his deciphering his through his own thoughts. He writes what he thinks about ... that all. If he's preaching to anyone ... it's himself.

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say. I took shit for years for being a Creed fan, and I always defended him and them as a band. His actions have revealed that I was a fool in defending him. He is not who he presented himself as through his music. I happen to think he is a total fake, and in editing together this video I wanted to emphasize that this is the same guy being interviewed in Christian magazines and appearing on the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. Sure, I'm not perfect, and I screw up, but I don't portray myself as a Christian in the media and then show up totally intoxicated on a television show, making a mockery of myself and my faith. As a figure in the media and a "Christian", Scott Stapp has a responsibility, and he has failed miserably. I have no idea what his "relationship with God" is like, but he continues to make an ass out of himself.

Chase
03-08-2006, 02:27 PM

So yeah it's a tendency to constantly get drunk and out of control, which is abnormal and harmful. Clearly, it is NOT a disease in the formal sense. It is something that is within a person's control. I do not feel one bit of sympathy for alcoholic assholes like Scott Stapp.

Wow... so you would rather listen to the old Webster's dictionary as opposed to some of America's leading pysicians. There's more than just drinking at getting drunk... there's a whole biological aspect to it.

Chase
03-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say. I took shit for years for being a Creed fan, and I always defended him and them as a band. His actions have revealed that I was a fool in defending him. He is not who he presented himself as through his music. I happen to think he is a total fake, and in editing together this video I wanted to emphasize that this is the same guy being interviewed in Christian magazines and appearing on the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. Sure, I'm not perfect, and I screw up, but I don't portray myself as a Christian in the media and then show up totally intoxicated on a television show, making a mockery of myself and my faith. As a figure in the media and a "Christian", Scott Stapp has a responsibility, and he has failed miserably. I have no idea what his "relationship with God" is like, but he continues to make an ass out of himself.

You're making it sound all he wrote were Christian worship songs... the majority of his songs had to do with struggle and trying to come to terms with God. I don't even remember him actually saying "Jesus" in any of his songs. One can still be a Christian and mess up big time. I mean... if a parent smokes pot... does that make him exempt from telling his kid not to do it? Scott clearly doesn't want people to have to go through the crap that he's had to go through... and then handle it in the way that he did. I mean... I really don't see how having a new wife and a sobriety coach is "making an ass out of himself."

ABYanks
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Hes dealing with a problem dude, how about you tell us things you do wrong and we'll rip them up.

INDIGOSTEVE
03-08-2006, 02:34 PM

You are truely clueless.

Creed7352
03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
i find it funny that you all are arguing over being "Christian" and saying he's wrong for judging stapp etc, if he were a "Christian" he wouldn't do that, yet here you sit judging him...calling him clueless etc..

and if you read the definition, "A condition or tendency, as of society..." it would indicate that there are other factors causing it to be a disease, including biological...but i highly doubt that because one's dad was an alcoholic, or mom, that they would also become one because of biology. they would/could become one because of being a product of their environment, not because of biology.

ABYanks
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
were not judging, he is clueless

titan9
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm not questioning whether or not Torn is a Christian and I haven't said anything about him being clueless, nor would I(I prefer to disagree in a peaceful, respectful manner). I practice what I preach and, as such, I'm not going to judge his spirituality or yours or anyone else's. What irks me, though, is when people who criticize Stapp say how he's a big fake(when it comes to Scott calling himself a Christian) and that he's not a good representation of Christianity. I don't mind these people questioning his music, actions and behaviors, even his personality.....but when you judge a man's spirituality and whether or not he is a Christian....I just don't believe that is your business, even if he IS a public figure. His Christianity is between him and God, no one else. Saying Stapp is not a Christian because he makes mistakes and sins is hypocritical judgment(forbidden by Christ according to the Bible) because every Christian makes mistakes and sins.

So that is my problem with the Christians here(and at other places) who say that Stapp isn't a Christian because he has made stupid mistakes and done stupid things. We've all done the same things in our past and we will in our future. As Christians, we're no better than Stapp.

That's all I'm saying about this whole thing. I've made my point about this, and I don't wish to turn this into a big religious debate(which really isn't my cup of tea). So that's about it.

creedlvr
03-08-2006, 03:38 PM
I have a right to dislike Scott Stapp, no matter what any of you say.
Nobody is saying you have to like him. I, personally, don't care if you despise the man. I'm just saying that I think it's odd to spend so much time working on a "project" revolving around a person you supposedly have no respect or use for. If I were learning to use new software to make movies, I would want it to be about something that I enjoyed ... not a topic that bothers me. You're acting like he betrayed you personally. I just find it ironic that you'd focus so much time and energy on someone you don't like. If I don't like someone, I just wouldn't waste my time. I have better ways to spend my time.

I also don't know why you'd want to visit and post in the Scott Stapp forum. Perhaps this type of thing would be better suited in the Alterbridge forum where more people might appreciate it.

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm not doubting he's a Christian... I'm pissed that he is one of the few "Christians" portrayed in the media, and he continues to make a fool out of himself, making Christianity look stupid and hypocritical in the process.

And it's not like I spent weeks doing this video. I was bored in my dorm room on Friday night (being that I don't go out and party/drink like everyone else on campus), my friend and I were laughing about videos on YouTube, and I told him I had some great video of Stapp being drunk as hell. He thought it sounded funny and told me to go for it. It wasn't that big of a deal. It only took a few hours, time in which I would have otherwise been watching TV or something.

titan9
03-08-2006, 04:18 PM
People are pretty narrow-minded if they think that Stapp and other public figures are the only example of Christianity. When I think of Christians, I don't think of only the Christians who happen to be celebrities, but rather I think of every person who calls him/herself a Christian. That's just me, though, and I really am done discussing the Christianity aspect of Stapp. I promise. :D

Torn Daredevil
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
You don't... but a lot of people do.

Chris98GT
03-08-2006, 05:49 PM
there's a whole biological aspect to it.
Yeah, you choose whether or not to pick up the bottle. :D

Seriously though, I am a bio major. It has NOT been defined as a disease in the formal sense, like cancer. Scientists are looking into genetic and environmental factors as we speak, but nothing has been pinpointed yet!

So yeah basically, it comes down to how much self-control and self-discipline you have. What a shock, huh?

Ana4Stapp
03-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Some points here:

First -I loved the 'Daredevil ' movie -frankly I see no reason for criticize people for liking a movie.:rolleyes:

Second- I cant understand why an avatar cause so much controversy here...even though I clearly prefer Chase's avatar...lol lol :D

Third- Im not a religious person...but I also disagree with Stapps eternal comments on interviews of being regretful and that hes struggling with his disease ( I do think alcoholism as a disease), that he is a religious guy, that he has so much faith and etc..etc..etc... :eek:

And look, Im not saying hes NOT a Christian because he has made stupid mistakes and done stupid things. ...but IM TIRED of his 'excuses' --this guy has 32 years old , has a child and is married now --so he needs to take the control of his LIFE and his CARREER! Its only this. Im not interested in his personal life but hes constantly offering much more personal 'event's than musical ones to the media...just to get some promotion...and this is very,very sad.

Fourth- I think that we already have enough moderators (who make a real good job btw) here.. so we DONT need to have additional peope acting like this way saying WHERE we can post or not.

ABYanks
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
ATTENTION! We have a bio-nerd on the board,

Thank You, that is all.

Chase
03-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, you choose whether or not to pick up the bottle. :D

Seriously though, I am a bio major. It has NOT been defined as a disease in the formal sense, like cancer. Scientists are looking into genetic and environmental factors as we speak, but nothing has been pinpointed yet!

So yeah basically, it comes down to how much self-control and self-discipline you have. What a shock, huh?

Let me ask you this... if this was someone in your family would you laugh at them and make light of the situation... or would you be optimistic and believe that they could get some help? I agree with your assertions on self control, however, the formalities of science are always changing. For instance, just because people believed, for years, that the Earth was the center of the universe doesn't mean that the formalities of astronomy were exempt from being challenged. I'm a history major, and one thing I do know about scientist is that they are often experiencing scientific schisms and revolutions. Alcoholism is nothing to poke fun at... not only does it present health problems... it also can ruin relationships. In many ways, alcoholism is more dangerous, in a larger sense, than cancer. It's not only deadly, but it makes other people at risk of becoming abused or emotionally scarred. Then there's always the problem of a drunk getting behind the wheel of a car. I've lost to many friends to the hands of a drunk driver.

Creed7352
03-09-2006, 02:51 AM
i would poke fun at the actual way they act...as scott was acting on that show (come on, that karate shit was hilarious..and the babies come from my sack thing was funny too)....but not the actual alcoholism. i think there is a line there..often times a fine one. i don't think anyone here was actually laughing at stapp for being an alcoholic, but they were laughing at how he was making a fool of himself, as i'm sure we all do when we see that drunk guy at the bar.

RoffeDH
03-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Come on Chase! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends becouse of alcoholism... BUT! The fact is that even Chapplin made fun of terrible things... Hitler? Hitler was a realy bad man whom I think you know alot about... I don't know that many american stand up comics since most of them are dull... But in sweden we have some comics who joke about beeing drugaddicts and having their own cooking show... Or about a guy who killed his ex whife and he says "No, killing people isn't something I'm going to contineu with... No, I've stopped that"... And when he says it it's hellarius. They joked about killing people... Can't we joke about being drunk, humor is a good thing and joking about stuff helps you in many ways to overcome the loss, take grim humor for exampels... That's fun, and good. (I've bacome Bilal with all of the full stops, man!)

Chase
03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Come on Chase! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost friends becouse of alcoholism... BUT! The fact is that even Chapplin made fun of terrible things... Hitler? Hitler was a realy bad man whom I think you know alot about... I don't know that many american stand up comics since most of them are dull... But in sweden we have some comics who joke about beeing drugaddicts and having their own cooking show... Or about a guy who killed his ex whife and he says "No, killing people isn't something I'm going to contineu with... No, I've stopped that"... And when he says it it's hellarius. They joked about killing people... Can't we joke about being drunk, humor is a good thing and joking about stuff helps you in many ways to overcome the loss, take grim humor for exampels... That's fun, and good. (I've bacome Bilal with all of the full stops, man!)

Hej, ursäkta mig...

I have a sense of humor... but there is such thing as overdoing a joke. Yeah, maybe Stapp being drunk was funny like 2 months ago... but it sort of loses its appeal once you know more to the story. The guy was obviously suffering and there's nothing funny about losing control of your life like that. America is full of extremely funny comics that poke fun at misfortune and I'm a fan of many of them (Dane Cook is one of them... if you don't know who he is, I highly suggest that you check him out and download some of his material.). All in all, I just don't see how funny something is if you beat it to death... like Stapp being drunk on T.V.

RMadd
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
hilarious!!!!!!!

Sentinel69
03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Who are we to judge so hard on someone elses life? Are we all doing it much better ?