Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott Stapp Atlanta Concert Review [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stapp Atlanta Concert Review

ScottStapp2006
02-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Scott played The Roxy in Atlanta last night!
First of all Breaking Point delivered a rocking set full of energy. Keep an eye on Breaking Point drummer he is very entertaining to watch.
Scott took the stage with Reach Out. During the first two songs Scott began to loosen up and feel the crowd. He made the statement that he didn't know what to expect. He began to play Creed songs and the crowd was singing along on every song through the show. He talked some between songs and really gave it his all. He was not drunk and not high. His hand was bandaged but it didn't matter. He was really grateful to the crowd for the reception and the whole show was great! There were a few audio problems and the band had some small glitches but it was almost unnoticable because we wanted to rock! He wanted to rock! The Atlanta show did rock! I am so glad that I went and would go again.
Scott really needs his fans and support so buy a ticket and go to the show!

nagpo
02-25-2006, 11:14 AM
His hand was bandaged but it didn't matter.
i wonder who he got in a fight with this time.

INDIGOSTEVE
02-25-2006, 11:14 AM
I am going to vegas/tempe shows can't wait! we knew he could do these shows! and he does rock better than anyone!

ScottStapp2006
02-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Theres always going to be someone who has something negative to say.
Scott is not a perfect man and his life does have issues.
The true fans just love the music he writes and sings.
There was nothing negative going on at the show last night except for some drunks who threw up.
As far as Scott and the fans they were having a great time and rocking out!
He enjoyed himself so much he came back out on stage briefly after the lights came up just to thank the crowd one more time.
I had a great time and was not dissapointed in his performance at all.He gave me my money's worth!

Ana4Stapp
02-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Which Creed songs he played???

Rocketqueen
02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Scott played The Roxy in Atlanta last night!
First of all Breaking Point delivered a rocking set full of energy. Keep an eye on Breaking Point drummer he is very entertaining to watch.
Scott took the stage with Reach Out. During the first two songs Scott began to loosen up and feel the crowd. He made the statement that he didn't know what to expect. He began to play Creed songs and the crowd was singing along on every song through the show. He talked some between songs and really gave it his all. He was not drunk and not high. His hand was bandaged but it didn't matter. He was really grateful to the crowd for the reception and the whole show was great! There were a few audio problems and the band had some small glitches but it was almost unnoticable because we wanted to rock! He wanted to rock! The Atlanta show did rock! I am so glad that I went and would go again.
Scott really needs his fans and support so buy a ticket and go to the show!
AWSOME!!!!

INDIGOSTEVE
02-25-2006, 12:16 PM
he hurt his hand surfing in maui! so your wrong! as usual.

nagpo
02-25-2006, 12:29 PM
he hurt his hand surfing in maui! so your wrong! as usual.
"as usual"? what the hell, i barely ever say stuff like that enough times for you to say as usual. i had had enoufgh reason to think he got in a fight the dude had a bandage and he has a history of fights. and where did u find out he hurt it surfing? why would u say that without a link or somthing. dude u and scott stapp2006 and go back to PBF you bunch of stapp worshopers.

titan9
02-25-2006, 12:44 PM
A person who did a review of the Orlando show happened to ask a stage dude(or maybe it was a Goneblind member? Can't remember) about the bandage. The guy said that Stapp hurt it while surfing(remember, he DID have a honeymoon not too long ago). Besides, if there WERE a fight, we would have heard about it.

nagpo
02-25-2006, 12:51 PM
A person who did a review of the Orlando show happened to ask a stage dude(or maybe it was a Goneblind member? Can't remember) about the bandage. The guy said that Stapp hurt it while surfing(remember, he DID have a honeymoon not too long ago). Besides, if there WERE a fight, we would have heard about it.
thank u for clearing that up titan. atleast u put facts behind your posts to back them up.

INDIGOSTEVE
02-25-2006, 01:21 PM
"as usual"? what the hell, i barely ever say stuff like that enough times for you to say as usual. i had had enoufgh reason to think he got in a fight the dude had a bandage and he has a history of fights. and where did u find out he hurt it surfing? why would u say that without a link or somthing. dude u and scott stapp2006 and go back to PBF you bunch of stapp worshopers.
learn how to spell its WORSHIP!

nagpo
02-25-2006, 01:30 PM
learn how to spell its WORSHIP!
uh oh its the grammar police. whats the big fucking deal if i spelt it wrong aslong as u understood what i was talking about i think it was ok.

ScottStapp2006
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Creed Songs he played:

What If
With Arms Wide Open
My Own Prison
Higher
My Sacrifice
Bullets
One Last Breath

ctfan
02-25-2006, 02:04 PM
What a show!!!! Man it was awesome, he performed all the songs off of his new cd except Broken and You Will Soar, and the Creed songs someone else mentioned. The entire crowd was singing along, and he conversed with the fans between songs. The dude puts on one hell of a rocking concert.

Goneblind performed without missing a beat, and the opening band Breaking Point was great too, liked all their songs.

Stapp met with fans outside, signed everyone's autograph and had pics made with alot of them. So did the guys from Goneblind, and Breaking Point autographed copies of their cd for fans.

Good time in Atlanta last night by everyone.

:)

IamFilthy
02-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Set List for Atlanta.......(not quite in order,but close)

1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Bullets
4. Hard Way
5. What If
6. One Last Breath
7. My Own Prison
8. The Great Divide
9. Let Me Go
10. Higher
11. Sublime
12. My Sacrifice
13. With Arms Wide Open
14. Surround Me
15. Justify

I hope I didn't miss any,...and I can't quite remember the exact order as played.
But what I do remeber is that last night's show in Atlanta.....was the BEST show I have ever been to...PERIOD! From the very first lick from the opening "Reach Out", Stapp was PUMPED,.. AND GAVE IT HIS ALL UNTIL THE VERY LAST SONG! I have NEVER seen him more "into" each song as he was last night. The man came to ROCK!!! He kept mentioning the "chill bumps" he was getting on his arms due to the crowds enthusiasm. WOW! what a great show! He was all over the place, head-bangin' and interacting with GoneBlind. "Justify was AWESOME and the perfect closer for the night!! Damn,..WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!!

ctfan
02-25-2006, 02:09 PM
"as usual"? what the hell, i barely ever say stuff like that enough times for you to say as usual.

I have to disagree. I've read several of your opinions here in this forum, and what I don't understand is...why ruin this entire thread with your speculations, when this thread was started for fans to post their reviews.

Geez, it just never stops.

Mrprophetman
02-25-2006, 02:20 PM
THE ROXY WAS ROCKIN!!!!!

The opening band, Breaking Point was great...I'll buy their CD. They were also out in the lobby signing autographs and selling CDs.

Stapp was into the performance in a big way and kept telling everyone how glad he was to be back. And NO, there was no mass exodus from the venue when he played Creed songs. Actually, everyone was singing along just like a Creed concert. I didn't hear any glitches, but then I'm not an EXPERT. And I liked his backing band alot. Awesome bass player. They add a new dimension to the music. And I didn't miss the other three ex-stooges.

After the show he signed autographs and posed for pictures for everyone that was waiting in the alleyway by the buses.

EXCELLENT SHOW!

INDIGOSTEVE
02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I have to disagree. I've read several of your opinions here in this forum, and what I don't understand is...why ruin this entire thread with your speculations, when this thread was started for fans to post their reviews.

YEAH WHY COME IN HERE? we are FANS!

Mrprophetman
02-25-2006, 02:56 PM

Cause they have to have something negative to say. It wouldn't be a Stapp forum without the haters.

nagpo
02-25-2006, 02:58 PM

the only way my "speculations" ruin a thread is if u reply to them, cause then im gonna reply back and get in a whole argument.

nagpo
02-25-2006, 03:02 PM
im a fan of his music. im not a fan of scott stapp, imo the guy is an idiot. and if i want to say somthing negative im gonna. this isint PBF we all dont WORSHIP him.

titan9
02-25-2006, 06:17 PM
And we all don't hate him, either. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Stapp has been so good to his fans at the first two shows, and that he has been energetic and enthusiastic to boot. That's really good to hear, in light of everything that has happened. His tour makes a stop in Michigan, but, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. I'm hoping he comes back later in the year so I can go to the concert. Sounds like it's a really good show.

Mrprophetman
02-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Even you have to admit Titan that there are quite a number of Stapp haters here. And if they can come in and destroy a positive thread they will. Not saying all the members here hate Stapp.

I'm even willing to go out on a limb and say this was the best concert I've ever seen Stapp put out there. Even better than Creed at times. The band is really good and they bring something other than what you are used to hearing to the Creed songs as well as the new stuff. The audience was enjoying it, and Stapp was really talkative. WAWO was done acoustically...and he changed the lyrics somewhat. Of course it helps that I was only about three feet away from the stage. The guy was obviously enjoying himself, and the band didn't just simply stand there and play, as Creed did, they did interact and moved around the stage.

So, for all those that just simply wanted to see him fail. I don't think you are going to get your wish.:D

nagpo
02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
So, for all those that just simply wanted to see him fail. I don't think you are going to get your wish.:D
i dont want him to fail. i like his music.

Agent D
02-25-2006, 11:00 PM

I seriously doubt there was anyone on here who wanted to see Stapp fail miserabley just for the sake of it. I for one am happy to hear that he put on a good show. I wish I had caught the one at Hard Rock Live Orlando.

TeriB19
02-25-2006, 11:21 PM
To all of you who posted reviews, thanks for sharing your experiences.

To the rest, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Do NOT come in here and be disappointed in what you read. I'm sure there are some who hope he falls on his face, and if you've come here to check to see if that happened, please don't go looking to start trouble.

nagpo
02-25-2006, 11:45 PM
To the rest, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Do NOT come in here and be disappointed in what you read. I'm sure there are some who hope he falls on his face, and if you've come here to check to see if that happened, please don't go looking to start trouble.
my first post in this thread was just me wondering if he had gotton in another fight i was not trying to be negative, allthough u all took it that way. i dont not hope he falls on his face that is redicoulus, i like his music to much to want that. i did not intend at first to get in any kind of trouble, but there(and your) posts just pissed me off. in future threads i will always be positive i will never share my openions and if i do they will be just like everybody else's, because if i have a negative attitude toward somthing a different openion or different views someones always going to jump on my back. so im just going to be a clone of everyone else, how 'bout that?

TeriB19
02-25-2006, 11:56 PM
my first post in this thread was just me wondering if he had gotton in another fight i was not trying to be negative, allthough u all took it that way. i dont not hope he falls on his face that is redicoulus, i like his music to much to want that. i did not intend at first to get in any kind of trouble, but there(and your) posts just pissed me off. in future threads i will always be positive i will never share my openions and if i do they will be just like everybody else's, because if i have a negative attitude toward somthing a different openion or different views someones always going to jump on my back. so im just going to be a clone of everyone else, how 'bout that?

How 'bout this? Some of your posts ARE negative and evoke argumentative replies. I'd love to see just one thread regarding Stapp that DOESN'T turn negative. No one is asking you to go with the crowd, do what everyone else does, think what everyone else thinks. I'm just asking that you try to keep your negativity to a minimum. Not every Stapp thread needs to take a negative turn.

TeriB19
02-25-2006, 11:58 PM

This is completely unnecessary.

nagpo
02-26-2006, 12:07 AM
How 'bout this? Some of your posts ARE negative and evoke argumentative replies. I'd love to see just one thread regarding Stapp that DOESN'T turn negative. No one is asking you to go with the crowd, do what everyone else does, think what everyone else thinks. I'm just asking that you try to keep your negativity to a minimum. Not every Stapp thread needs to take a negative turn.
that post was meant to be negative. okay, in future threads ill keep my negative coment to a minimum. but what u have to understan is that my first post in this thread was not meant to be negative.

nagpo
02-26-2006, 12:08 AM
This is completely unnecessary.
i was replying to his post, they pissed me off.

Alter_who?
02-26-2006, 03:59 AM
I joined just to reply to this thread. I was a huge CREED fan, and as you can tell by my username, I have followed the real driving force behind the band, SCOTT. If that makes me a follower or worshiper, so be it. The show in Atlanta rivaled the CREED show (that blew me away) in Birmingham during the Weathered tour. Minus the elaborate stage props and pyrotechnics, this show was everything a former CREED fan could ever ask for! All the negative press SCOTT has received lately definately DID NOT effect the performance. In fact, all the critics got it wrong. I look forward to SCOTT returning to the prominence he once had with CREED. Too bad Tremonte and Phillips.:peace:

Alter_who?
02-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Deleted

facelessmike
02-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Well, I was gonna post something about Stapp's ATL Review, but this has gone meh.

Dogstar
02-26-2006, 01:37 PM
What does nagpo stand for anyway?

Never Any Genuine Positive Opinion?

No Appreciation Gained Posting Online?

Non-Adult Genre Pre-teen Organization?

Never Agree with General Public's Opinion?

or maybe.......

No Appology for Gay Public Offerings?

Get a life dude and stop being a pesky little fly in everyone's ointment.

Gee, that must have taken a lot of (wasted) time to post. If you're going to start with personal attacks of board members, you won't be welcome here. It's fine to disagree with people about the music and/or Scott's behavior, but posts like this are really unnecessary. Consider this your first and only warning.

nagpo
02-26-2006, 02:45 PM
What does nagpo stand for anyway?

Never Any Genuine Positive Opinion?

No Appreciation Gained Posting Online?

Non-Adult Genre Pre-teen Organization?

Never Agree with General Public's Opinion?

or maybe.......

No Appology for Gay Public Offerings?

Get a life dude and stop being a pesky little fly in everyone's ointment.
dumbest post ever. your the one who has no life if u have the time to do this. go fuck your self,:finger: peice of shit:mad1:

Dogstar
02-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Nagpo, that goes for you, too. Cut out the name-calling and foul language. We try to keep this place clean, unlike other sites out there.

Mrprophetman
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
i dont want him to fail. i like his music.

YOU COULD FOOL ME.

nagpo
02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
YOU COULD FOOL ME.
thats just great.

Mrprophetman
02-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh....and an edit to my review.

THERE WERE NO JESUS POSES!

Dogstar
02-26-2006, 04:40 PM
^^^^LMAO! Now that's a great edit ;)

AliceInChains
02-26-2006, 05:19 PM
At the Norva he did open his arms out once in a pose...but it was while sitting on the stool during "WAWO." He gets a free pass on that one. :)

GregS
02-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Man reading these reviews making me jealous.. He NEEDS to come to the UK very soon..

Mrprophetman
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
He also announced that in every city he plays he contacts a local food pantry. I can't remember the name of the Atlanta organization, but he said the food drive was a success, and that many people who wouldn't know where their next meal would come from would eat tomorrow because of his fans.

Alter_who?
02-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Gee, that must have taken a lot of (wasted) time to post. If you're going to start with personal attacks of board members, you won't be welcome here. It's fine to disagree with people about the music and/or Scott's behavior, but posts like this are really unnecessary. Consider this your first and only warning.
You are so right Dogstar. I appologize to the board members and nagpo, I sent you a seperate PM. I do get carried away at times. Maybe that is what Scott and I have in common.
:lolsign:

The Lithium
02-27-2006, 04:17 AM
I have followed the real driving force behind the band, SCOTT.
Front man - yes
Driving force - please...

Robin101
02-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Congratulations to Scott on an excellent start to his tour - keep it up. I agree with GregS - he's gotta come to Britain (or I'll go to the States and drag him across the pond by his precious hair)

Front man - yes

While it was the undoubted combined talents of Tremo, Stapp, Flip and Marshall who made Creed a success, I've always believed that while Tremo was the backbone of Creed, Stapp was without question the heartbeat.

BTW, just watched Creed: Behind the Music (from PBF) - success stories don't come along like that anymore.

Here's to more success for Scott!:cheers:

Alter_who?
02-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Front man - yes
Oh yes.
It's true.
Go see Scott on tour. You will see that Gone Blind has filled in the gaps quite nicely.

creedlvr
02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Personally ... it was definitely Scott that pulled me into Creed ... no one else.

Justify
02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Let me start off by saying that I have been a die hard Creed fan since they first came out. I am now a die hard Scott Stapp fan. That being said I would not have been afraid to say if this concert did not meet my expectations and I would not be afraid to point out things that went wrong in the concert. Now for the review…

Wow!

I thought about what I would say in my review all weekend but the only word that kept coming to my mind was WOW. I have almost been dreading writing this because I know I won’t be able to put into words how GREAT the show was.

I last saw Scott/Creed in 2000 and I was blown away by their concert. I went into this concert telling myself not to expect what I saw in 2000. Well I must say that it definitely wasn’t what I saw in 2000. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE. Scott’s vocals were dead on. Gone Blind did an outstanding job. I was shocked to see how well they did on the Creed songs. I only noticed a few differences in the music. And they performed all their new music perfectly. I did notice a little change to the beginning of Let Me Go… I’m not sure if that was intentional or not. I don’t think he could have chosen a better band to use on his new album and tour. They seemed to really love what they were doing.

(By the way, I will no longer refer to them as Gone Blind. With the unity they showed with Scott on Friday I would say they are now The Stapp Band. )

The concert began with Reach Out, Fight Song, and Bullets. I actually liked their version of Bullets better than Creeds. Scott sang incredibly on every song but he really belted it out on these. You could see how much he was into these songs. His voice sounded better on Reach Out in the concert than it does on the Album. I think he has really been taking care of his voice more lately than he did with Creed.

The setlist was the same at the Roxy that it was in Orlando which is as follows: Reach Out, Fight Song, Bullets, My Own Prison, What If, Hardway, One Last Breath, Let Me Go, Great Divide, Higher, Sublime, My Sacrafice
(encore) Arms Wide Open, Surround Me, Justify
Every song was performed with as much intensity as the prior.

When Scott and “The Stapp Band” came back out for the encore they did an acoustic version of Arms Wide Open. Scott, John, and Artie were all on stools. No drums, no bass. They couldn’t have chosen a better song to do acoustically. Also they couldn’t have performed it better. After WAWO they performed Surround Me and then ended the concert with Justify. Justify was a great song to end the concert with. At the end of Justify the stage went dark all except a spotlight on the bass player which slowly faded as he finished the song out. It was great!

Stapp had energy in this concert that I have not seen him display since Creed’s early days. I actually heard someone in the audience say “He’s back… He is definitely back!” And I have to agree. He is back and better than ever. His excitement to be back was catching. He kept showing the audience the goose bumps he was getting because of our excitement. The audience sang along with every song. Sometimes the audience was singing so loudly it was hard for me to hear him singing. He spoke to the audience at the beginning of almost every song. Scott was so personal in this concert that once it was over I felt like I had a better understanding of who he is. I wish the people who love to hate Scott Stapp would take the opportunity to go to one of his concerts. I think most would leave with a different opinion.

creedlvr
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
OMG!!! I am SO excited for Saturday! I am lovin' all these reviews!

nagpo
02-27-2006, 04:39 PM
You are so right Dogstar. I appologize to the board members and nagpo, I sent you a seperate PM. I do get carried away at times. Maybe that is what Scott and I have in common.
oh, and i just loved that PM. i love it when people cuss me out.

crest tattoo
02-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Were they selling any shirts or other memorabilia?:confused:

AliceInChains
02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Yep--there were perhaps 4 "regular shirts" and three "baby doll" shirts, and dammit, why are there always cool baby doll shirts? I saw the Jov in DC on 2/2 and the ebst shirts there were shirts I would have last fit into in 4th grade. grr...anyway, I got one with Scott on the front in his brown "Music is the weapon of the future" tee. They had a few shirts and hats in his "Rock Pose" (TM) from the album cover. Overall a good selection.

Alter_who?
02-28-2006, 01:22 AM
oh, and i just loved that PM.
I knew you would.:jerk:

Creed7352
02-28-2006, 01:46 AM
The show in Atlanta rivaled the CREED show (that blew me away) in Birmingham during the Weathered tour.

i must say...it rivaled creed cause it was on the weathered tour and creed just wasn't the same on the weathered tour...they were way better on the other tours before the weathered tour.

Dogstar
02-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the great review, Justify. I'm still on the fence about going tomorrow. I have a crapload of stuff to do, unfortunately, and it's a three-hour drive...I may still go, though. I really don't like the new album, but I got a ticket anyway. I'm glad to hear his voice sounds good.

Creed7352
02-28-2006, 02:25 AM
he's not even playing near me :(

Rocketqueen
02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Meh

creedlvr
03-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Any thoughts on why he's not singing Broken? I'm pretty disappointed about that. It's one of my favorite songs on the cd.

I thought for sure that it would be released as a single at some point.

Justify
03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Any thoughts on why he's not singing Broken? I'm pretty disappointed about that. It's one of my favorite songs on the cd.

I thought for sure that it would be released as a single at some point.

I have read somewhere that he chose songs that meant something to him at this point in his life. I think it was mentioned that he did this so he could sing each song with passion. Maybe that's why he did not perform Broken and You will Soar. I was pretty disappointed that he did not perform Faceless Man too.

creedlvr
03-01-2006, 02:47 PM
I have read somewhere that he chose songs that meant something to him at this point in his life. I think it was mentioned that he did this so he could sing each song with passion. Maybe that's why he did not perform Broken and You will Soar. I was pretty disappointed that he did not perform Faceless Man too.
That's interesting. Still, I'd have loved for him to sing it. And, oh yes, Faceless Man ... one of my favorites too!

Thanks!

Creed7352
03-01-2006, 03:16 PM
i was hoping he'd do you will soar...i like the bassline in that one

Mrprophetman
03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh yes.
It's true.
Go see Scott on tour. You will see that Gone Blind has filled in the gaps quite nicely.

Yes. I do agree with that statement. And like I said, the guitarists don't make those freakish faces. And the bass player is really, really, good.

J-Man
03-24-2006, 04:32 PM

I tend to lurk around here and had come across some of your comments. Looks like you've riled up some folks here by your belligerent behavior. I couldn't help myself from responding after I've read your above message. I do agree with you on what you stated. After reading some of your ignorant comments (on this thread and others), you and Scott do seem to have something in common - you like to attack people.

INDIGOSTEVE
03-24-2006, 06:00 PM
i must say...it rivaled creed cause it was on the weathered tour and creed just wasn't the same on the weathered tour...they were way better on the other tours before the weathered tour.
the best creed show I saw was the weathered tour in oklahoma city and yes I saw them many times before weathered they smoked that night!