Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp tour [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp tour

nagpo
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
come here to talk about your expriences at the concerts. Or post pics of them. or whatever.

crest tattoo
02-24-2006, 08:08 AM
I can't believe no one has posted about last night's concert!!!!!!! Where is everyone!!!!!!!!??????????

Justify
02-24-2006, 09:04 AM
PBF has it posted that this was the set list from last nights show:

Reach Out
Fight Song
Bullets
My Own Prison
What If
Hardway
One Last Breath
Let Me Go
Great Divide
Higher
Sublime
My Scacrafice

Arms Wide Open
Surround Me
Justify

Trimontana
02-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I know the orlando gig was almost empty and guys outside the venue were giving away tickets for free to fill the venue. But i was seeing coming this for a long time.

Shame of him for singing so many Creed songs. That's his tour as a solo artist, not as Creed. I know for sure a lot of people that went to the Orlando gig were disapointed. I am not speculating....i know cause i have read some post of people on other boards.

Justify
02-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I know the orlando gig was almost empty and guys outside the venue were giving away tickets for free to fill the venue. But i was seeing coming this for a long time.

Shame of him for singing so many Creed songs. That's his tour as a solo artist, not as Creed. I know for sure a lot of people that went to the Orlando gig were disapointed. I am not speculating....i know cause i have read some post of people on other boards.

He sang all his new songs except 2. We all knew he was going sing some of his Creed songs as well. Thats 8 TGD songs and 7 Creed songs. Since creed had 3 Albums I don't think 7 songs is too much. The show wouldn't be very long otherwise would it. Also please tell me where you have read these reviews because I have heard nothing but praise.

titan9
02-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Same here, Justify. I've only ready positive reviews thus far.

Trimontana
02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Same here, Justify. I've only ready positive reviews thus far.
At PBF, i am sure. But not all people that goes to a Stapp gig are at PBF so go figure where i read those.

Justify
02-24-2006, 10:16 AM
At PBF, i am sure. But not all people that goes to a Stapp gig are at PBF so go figure where i read those.

I'm sure everyone here would appreciate you letting us know where you have found these reviews. I ask you a moment ago where you found them but you have yet to state it. I would like to read as many non-biased reviews as I can.

crest tattoo
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
My friend went to Shinedown last week in Milwaukee, and they were already giving tickets away to his March 11 gig. Granted, you have to buy 2 drinks, but it still saves you money.

Trimontana
02-24-2006, 10:58 AM
My friend went to Shinedown last week in Milwaukee, and they were already giving tickets away to his March 11 gig. Granted, you have to buy 2 drinks, but it still saves you money.
:D LOL The best way to get a ticket for a Stapp gig is drinking beer.

I read those reviews from people who went to the Orlando gig at ABB.NET. I see you are pretty interested about it. I am not lying about it, it's pure reality.

Justify
02-24-2006, 11:05 AM
:D LOL The best way to get a ticket for a Stapp gig is drinking beer.

I read those reviews from people who went to the Orlando gig at ABB.NET. I see you are pretty interested about it. I am not lying about it, it's pure reality.

OK obviously the people at abb.net hate Scott just like you do so those reviews are worthless. The truth probably lies somewhere in between abb.net's reviews and pbf's reviews. I'm a fan so I could really care less what someone who already hates Scott Stapp thinks about his concert. But I will check them out nonetheless.

crest tattoo
02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I'll be there to see for myself for sure! It could be the last time, who knows?

Trimontana
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
You right...i could care less about his unsuccessful tour ;) hon.

Justify
02-24-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm going tonight and will post an objective review on here Monday. If the shows bad I will tell you. I doubt it will be though. No matter what you think of Stapp, he is a great performer.

titan9
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM

That's pretty much what I figured. Those reviews are as biased as PBF's....just in the opposite manner. ABB.net is FULL of Stapp cynics. Why would you expect to find unbiased Stapp reviews there? It's like going to PBF and expecting to find unbiased AB concert reviews...it just won't happen.

If I'm going to trust any reviews of Stapp's concerts.....I'll trust those posted here.

Justify
02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
I went to abb.net too. I found a couple of reviews. The reviews actually weren't as bad I would have though given Tremontana's remarks. Most said he sounded good. Most of the complaints centered around him playing Creed songs and how they didn't sound as good as they would if Creed was playing them. What more can you expect from hard core ab fans. I wouldn't expect the boys from GoneBlind to sound as good as Tremonti anyway. I do look forward to hearing Creed songs performed live again though by Scott. And of course they have to make fun of his drinking and how the concert was not full which has nothing to do with the actual performance (unless he was drinking or drunk while he performed). But for a review from abb.net I have to say I was shocked they would even say he sounded good.

titan9
02-24-2006, 12:11 PM
In regards to concert not being full.......SO WHAT! Do you think all the AB shows have been sold out? No, they haven't. The one they played at a local venue, the Machine Shop, wasn't sold out. The point is, just because the shows aren't sold out(like the Creed shows were) that doesn't mean the artist is no good.

The fact is, both AB and Stapp are still trying to establish themselves and you just can't expect sold-out concerts off the bat.

Justify
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
In regards to concert not being full.......SO WHAT! Do you think all the AB shows have been sold out? No, they haven't. The one they played at a local venue, the Machine Shop, wasn't sold out. The point is, just because the shows aren't sold out(like the Creed shows were) that doesn't mean the artist is no good.

The fact is, both AB and Stapp are still trying to establish themselves and you just can't expect sold-out concerts off the bat.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm sure all the AB concerts weren't sold out either. Like you said both groups are still establishing themselves. If the concert was good say it was good, if it was bad say it was bad. But leave the rest of the bias bullcrap at home.

Dogstar
02-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Justify, I'll be very interested to hear what you have to say. Have a great time! I'm supposed to go Tuesday :D.

INDIGOSTEVE
02-24-2006, 02:14 PM

it wasnt empty, you really need to get your facts straight! if you don't like him then why are you here?

Trimontana
02-25-2006, 06:36 AM
it wasnt empty, you really need to get your facts straight! if you don't like him then why are you here?

I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal ;)

Creed7352
02-25-2006, 06:54 AM
all this shit about the reviews from the ab bb...i sort of resent it....since i'm a member there, you're including me when you lump the members there like that and what you have to say about them does not reflect me in any way.

Robin101
02-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal ;)

I think that's slightly harsh. Even Mark has stated that they were going in different creative directions after Human Clay - their respective albums prove that.

Stapp's actions were merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

titan9
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
all this shit about the reviews from the ab bb...i sort of resent it....since i'm a member there, you're including me when you lump the members there like that and what you have to say about them does not reflect me in any way.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, because that wasn't my intention at all. I, personally, was only speaking of the Stapp haters on ABB.net, not the ones(like you) who still are fans of Stapp's music. It would be wrong of me to say that everyone on ABB.net is a Stapp hater, just as it would be wrong for someone from ABB.net to say every PBF'er is an AB hater. It's just not true, seeing as how there still are fans of both out there....you being one of them and me being another.

IamFilthy
02-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Set List for Atlanta.......(not quite in order,but close)

1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Bullets
4. Hard Way
5. What If
6. One Last Breath
7. My Own Prison
8. The Great Divide
9. Let Me Go
10. Higher
11. Sublime
12. My Sacrifice
13. With Arms Wide Open
14. Surround Me
15. Justify

I hope I didn't miss any,...and I can't quite remember the exact order as played.
But what I do remeber is that last night's show in Atlanta.....was the BEST show I have ever been to...PERIOD! From the very first lick from the opening "Reach Out", Stapp was PUMPED,.. AND GAVE IT HIS ALL UNTIL THE VERY LAST SONG! I have NEVER seen him more "into" each song as he was last night. The man came to ROCK!!! He kept mentioning the "chill bumps" he was getting on his arms due to the crowds enthusiasm. WOW! what a great show! He was all over the place, head-bangin' and interacting with GoneBlind. "Justify was AWESOME and the perfect closer for the night!! Damn,..WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!

IamFilthy
02-25-2006, 06:20 PM
You right...i could care less about his unsuccessful tour ;) hon.

you don't like him....we got it. Maybe you should stop wasting your time. And what a suprise,....you read neagative Stapp reviews at ABB.NET

eusebioCBR
02-25-2006, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Trimontana]I am here cause i love this board first and i have friends here. Second, cause i was a Creed fan once and Stapp was the reason of the break up. I will post whenever i want as i do at the AB section. You do post as well at the AB section, so why should i stop posting here?. You don't like my post as i do with you...we are equal ;)[/QUOTE
If there is a legitimate problem with your posts I think Steve will intervene. Since he hasn't, dare to post freely!:smokin:

facelessmike
02-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I've heard a couple fairly neutral reviews and I have to say that my expectations for this tour are elevating. The question is can his voice hold up in the last show of this leg as it has the first few? Good to see that he's being fan friendly!

I will be glad to hear some Creed songs, but I'm not sure about MOP - that will be strange. Tremo is such a big part of that song. Who is singing the chorus, someone from goneblind?

Edit * will have to fight the little devil on my shoulder telling me to wear AB gear *

AliceInChains
02-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Yes, FacelessMike, the chorus was sung by a member of the band. In lieu of his real name (I have no idea who he is), let's call him "The guitarist on our left/Scott's right." :) It wasn't Mark, of course, but it was more than adequate. I forgot to mention this also--Scott doesn't hold the "Ohhhhh" note underneath "So I held my head up high..." the entire way--he stops midway and takes a breath. It's probably not important but I did notice it, and it still sounded fantastic--even more bluesy, actually, because he injects a little improv in the middle of it by giving you another "And I said oh" about halfway through the chorus. Am I making any sense? Not likely. Let's just say it was quite cool!

"The question is can his voice hold up in the last show of this leg as it has the first few?"
Very good point--I was secretly glad to see the third show for fear of such a development; I hope the time off helps him! If not, there's always tea and honey (blech).

Rocketqueen
02-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Bluesy :) you sure ;)

AliceInChains
02-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, you wouldn't mistake him for Robert Johnson but it was, incidentally, a bluesy moment. I was also beginning to enjoy beer #3 so who knows what I heard! Seriously, it was cool. Hope you hear him yourself this tour!

Dogstar
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
:laugh:

Mrprophetman
02-26-2006, 02:20 PM

Maybe it was all the Alter Bridge fans that went just so they could litter the floor with Alter Bridge stickers. I heard that they had them plastered all over themselves and were holding them up in the air. Pretty juvenile if you ask me. Some of them hate Stapp with a passion and I heard that they actually got in for free. The usually hang at a website that has even had posters wish Stapp dead..and that was allowed. I feel sorry for those that didn't get to meet him in Orlando, but I can understand why he wouldn't greet fans in Orlando. Actually it kinda makes sense to me that he left Orlando.

But he needs to understand. NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE ORLANDO. The people watching the show in Atlanta had no problem with his singing Creed songs. They were all singing along....just like a Creed concert. And you didn't have to watch goneblind's guitarist make those freakish faces either.

INDIGOSTEVE
02-26-2006, 02:48 PM
well said, I saw AB and myles is a very good guy but I just don't like his voice,
Stapp is back and I am so glad!

Alter_who?
02-27-2006, 08:42 AM
But he needs to understand. NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE ORLANDO. The people watching the show in Atlanta had no problem with his singing Creed songs. They were all singing along....just like a Creed concert. And you didn't have to watch goneblind's guitarist make those freakish faces either.
Could not have said it better myself.:cheers: :jam: :thumbsup:

Justify
02-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Let me start off by saying that I have been a die hard Creed fan since they first came out. I am now a die hard Scott Stapp fan. That being said I would not have been afraid to say if this concert did not meet my expectations and I would not be afraid to point out things that went wrong in the concert. Now for the review…

Wow!

I thought about what I would say in my review all weekend but the only word that kept coming to my mind was WOW. I have almost been dreading writing this because I know I won’t be able to put into words how GREAT the show was.

I last saw Scott/Creed in 2000 and I was blown away by their concert. I went into this concert telling myself not to expect what I saw in 2000. Well I must say that it definitely wasn’t what I saw in 2000. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE. Scott’s vocals were dead on. Gone Blind did an outstanding job. I was shocked to see how well they did on the Creed songs. I only noticed a few differences in the music. And they performed all their new music perfectly. I did notice a little change to the beginning of Let Me Go… I’m not sure if that was intentional or not. I don’t think he could have chosen a better band to use on his new album and tour. They seemed to really love what they were doing.

(By the way, I will no longer refer to them as Gone Blind. With the unity they showed with Scott on Friday I would say they are now The Stapp Band.)

The concert began with Reach Out, Fight Song, and Bullets. I actually liked their version of Bullets better than Creeds. Scott sang incredibly on every song but he really belted it out on these. You could see how much he was into these songs. His voice sounded better on Reach Out in the concert than it does on the Album. I think he has really been taking care of his voice more lately than he did with Creed.

The setlist was the same at the Roxy that it was in Orlando which is as follows: Reach Out, Fight Song, Bullets, My Own Prison, What If, Hardway, One Last Breath, Let Me Go, Great Divide, Higher, Sublime, My Sacrafice
(encore) Arms Wide Open, Surround Me, Justify

Every song was performed with as much intensity as the prior.

When Scott and “The Stapp Band” came back out for the encore they did an acoustic version of Arms Wide Open. Scott, John, and Artie were all on stools. No drums, no bass. They couldn’t have chosen a better song to do acoustically. Also they couldn’t have performed it better. After WAWO they performed Surround Me and then ended the concert with Justify. Justify was a great song to end the concert with. At the end of Justify the stage went dark all except a spotlight on the bass player which slowly faded as he finished the song out. It was great!

Stapp had energy in this concert that I have not seen him display since Creed’s early days. I actually heard someone in the audience say “He’s back… He is definitely back!” And I have to agree. He is back and better than ever. His excitement to be back was catching. He kept showing the audience the goose bumps he was getting because of our excitement. The audience sang along with every song. Sometimes the audience was singing so loudly it was hard for me to hear him singing. He spoke to the audience at the beginning of almost every song. Scott was so personal in this concert that once it was over I felt like I had a better understanding of who he is. I wish the people who love to hate Scott Stapp would take the opportunity to go to one of his concerts. I think most would leave with a different opinion.

ABYanks
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
OK, i think the rumors about the Orlando Show have gotten out of hand. There were no Alterbridge fanatics and I didnt see anything but positive feedback from everyone in the audience. Plus he didnt sign autographs because he had family there. He probably had a big party with them.

Shadow
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
OK, i think the rumors about the Orlando Show have gotten out of hand. There were no Alterbridge fanatics and I didnt see anything but positive feedback from everyone in the audience. Plus he didnt sign autographs because he had family there. He probably had a big party with them.
The Orlando reviews and rumors have gotten out of hand. There were NO AB stickers anywhere - no AB fans trying to cause trouble.

I was there on the rail - Scott did a great job with both his new solo songs and old Creed songs. In fact, I think it surprised Scott that everyone was signing along with ALL the new songs, just as much as they were singing the old songs.

Scott thanked the fans over and over. He said "I needed this tonight" and "I didn't know what to expect". His gratitude was expressed and it came directly from his heart.

I was also in Atlanta - and the show was great there as well.

And just to add - Scott's band - John, Mitch, Artie and Mark are the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet. 3 of the guys came to our party afterwards and hung with us until they had to get on the bus to go to the Atlanta show.

nagpo
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
And just to add - Scott's band - John, Mitch, Artie and Mark are the greatest bunch of guys you will ever meet. 3 of the guys came to our party afterwards and hung with us until they had to get on the bus to go to the Atlanta show.
wow, thats pretty cool.

Shadow
02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
And just to add - according to a security guard - there were 1,800 tickets sold. The HR's capacity is 3,000. So although it wasn't packed - it was far from empty!

Mrprophetman
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM

Well maybe someone needs to take issue with the person who called from a cell phone and relayed that message. Actually, I think its high time some of THEM were the butt of an UGLY rumor....Ha....Ha....Ha...Ha.

Creed7352
03-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Maybe it was all the Alter Bridge fans....Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

Actually, I think its high time some of THEM were the butt of an UGLY rumor...

Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

;)

Mrprophetman
03-01-2006, 07:18 AM
;)

You must have really liked the juvenile remark. But then you should also look at your avatar. I believe I've had a discussion about what's juvenile and what's not with another poster here. The people I'm referring to in that post are the most juvenile people I know. The fact that they also are Alter Bridge fans...well that must be a coincidence, huh.

Creed7352
03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
i saw the avatar elsewhere and thought it was funny so i just put it on here...so you can thank whoever i borrowed it from...

i just found it funny that you call others juvenile yet you act the same way, that's all. nothing more, nothing less. i apologize if you took it to heart and i hurt your feelings. if not, then you probably laughed as i did.

Mrprophetman
03-01-2006, 08:44 PM
i saw the avatar elsewhere and thought it was funny so i just put it on here...so you can thank whoever i borrowed it from...

i just found it funny that you call others juvenile yet you act the same way, that's all. nothing more, nothing less. i apologize if you took it to heart and i hurt your feelings. if not, then you probably laughed as i did.

You didn't hurt my feelings. Like I said, the people that attended that show in Orlando are the most juvenile people I know. I'm just relaying information that I found posted at another website. I don't vouch for the authenticity of the information...actually the place where I read it is pretty much a Scott Stapp hate site also....just like the place where those Alter Bridge fans that attended hang. I don't consider it acting juvenile. I call it passing along information. And actually, I DO think that its funny that they are the butt of a nasty rumor, since they are the source of alot of nasty rumors themselves. My guess is that they would probably hope that people believed it. That's the kind of people they are.

Creed7352
03-02-2006, 03:31 AM
DO think that its funny that they are the butt of a nasty rumor, since they are the source of alot of nasty rumors themselves.

gotta love irony!

Tremontixriffs
03-02-2006, 07:25 PM
The northeast sucks, I had tickets to Stapp tonight in Hartford and Its like a f'n blizzard out, o way I'm driving in this. I just bought tickets to the Foxoods casino show for 70.00 which is great considering face value is 40 a piece. So I will get to see him but a few days later, anyways its kinda sucks I had to eat the tickets ...

Dogstar
03-03-2006, 12:14 AM
That does indeed suck! The weather is nuts today.