Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Production credits? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Production credits?

IamFilthy
02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
I originally thought Stapp's album was gonna be produced by 7 Arelius, but his name isn't in the credits in the CD booklet. It says it was produced by John Kurzweg and Scott Stapp. But I'm glad its Kurzweg b/c of hislong history with Creed.

titan9
02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Stapp changed from 7 Arelius sometime last year(or maybe 2004...can't remember). I'm also glad that Stapp dropped Arelius, because I honestly think that wasn't a good fit in the first place.

IamFilthy
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Stapp changed from 7 Arelius sometime last year(or maybe 2004...can't remember). I'm also glad that Stapp dropped Arelius, because I honestly think that wasn't a good fit in the first place.

probably not a good fit, but I was anticipating something "interesting" to say the least.

facelessmike
02-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Thankfully he decided to drop the 'something to make your 15's jump' hip hop idea and just made music his way. Probably did that when he realized it was no longer just a side project.

adparaiki
02-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Did u notice it says written by Scott Stapp.
That must mean he wrote the Lyrics, Music and Melody to every song.

I have seen him play guitar a little bit but not much.

But I have heard he hummed the chords and basic melody before recording anything and then the back up band played roughly what Scott had hummed or sang etc so I guess that would mean Scott wrote it all and then he wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies around the music and actually didn't record any vocal till realy late on in recording and actually performed the songs Like Kareoke to the label. (I CAN'T SPELL today sorry I am tired)

So yeah that would make sense.

I also think the thankyou to the creed guys is sincere.

IamFilthy
02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Did u notice it says written by Scott Stapp.
That must mean he wrote the Lyrics, Music and Melody to every song.

I have seen him play guitar a little bit but not much.

But I have heard he hummed the chords and basic melody before recording anything and then the back up band played roughly what Scott had hummed or sang etc so I guess that would mean Scott wrote it all and then he wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies around the music and actually didn't record any vocal till realy late on in recording and actually performed the songs Like Kareoke to the label. (I CAN'T SPELL today sorry I am tired)

So yeah that would make sense.

I also think the thankyou to the creed guys is sincere.

that is correct,...so,in a way,...he wote the music, too.

adparaiki
02-10-2006, 11:08 AM
No he didn't write the music in a way. He did write the music he wrote everything.

Everyone has different ways of writing and that is Stapp's way of writing.
It's the same as when Kurzweg played the keyboard on some of creed's song's he plays the basic melody of the guitar and is quoted for playing the keyboard but not writing the music, because Tremonti and Stapp wrote the Music and Lyrics and Melody.

So this is practically the same thing.