Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Iran [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Iran

revisfoot
01-12-2006, 01:49 AM
I am going to be completely honest with you. I am completely, utterly scared. Now, I've not seen a ghost, there's no boogeyman under the bed. This is a real fright, and I am more than certain that most of you share this fear with me. I can even sum it up in one word for you:
Iran.
That's right. The powers that be in Tehran has been warning for quite some time now of restarting its nuclear project. And no matter how many times President Ahmadinejad reaffirms the world that Iran's nuclear plans involve only fuel matters, I still get that same cold chill up my spine every time I read a news headline about the growing threat of Iran.
Who here remembers the term “nip in the bud”? Is that simply old lingo that no longer applies to policy and safety? I remember speeches made on the subject of the global war on terror and many phrases like, “we will strike them before they strike us”. Pardon me, but I believe it's time to live up to that train of thought.
Any nation that publicly announces that Israel should be “wiped off the map” and wants America to be either an Islamic state of a pile of rubble, I view as a big threat that I would like taken care of immediately.
Now, I know that international law takes time and energy, but are we really going to let this threat sit and slowly boil over? Think of it as a volcano: it's inevitable that the mountain is going to blow. With that information, you can make an educated judgement on the best way to evacuate any urbanized local area, sparing many lives.
Iran is that volcano, growing more and more disrupting every day. Tehran has removed the UN seals from its nuclear facilities and is on its way to making enriched uranium, or as many of us know it, “yellow cake” -- the main ingredient for nuclear-grade weapons. All this is only a further development in an ongoing crisis.
So, this volcano, it's prepared for eruption. Are we going to make the best judgement to save thousands, if not more, lives? Something needs to happen real soon, or we may be looking into another gaping hole in American soil.
A pre-emptive strike is the only option if diplomacy continues its downward spiral. And, despite the actions of the UN, America has America's best interest at heart, and will do whatever it takes to divert another 9/11.
Iran needs to be held accountable for their current course of action. For a nation's leader to come outright and claim that another nation needs to be wiped off the map, with America following suit, accountability needs to start now.

Ana4Stapp
01-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I am going to be completely honest with you. I am completely, utterly scared. Now, I've not seen a ghost, there's no boogeyman under the bed. This is a real fright, and I am more than certain that most of you share this fear with me. I can even sum it up in one word for you:
Iran.
That's right. The powers that be in Tehran has been warning for quite some time now of restarting its nuclear project. And no matter how many times President Ahmadinejad reaffirms the world that Iran's nuclear plans involve only fuel matters, I still get that same cold chill up my spine every time I read a news headline about the growing threat of Iran.
Who here remembers the term “nip in the bud”? Is that simply old lingo that no longer applies to policy and safety? I remember speeches made on the subject of the global war on terror and many phrases like, “we will strike them before they strike us”. Pardon me, but I believe it's time to live up to that train of thought.
Any nation that publicly announces that Israel should be “wiped off the map” and wants America to be either an Islamic state of a pile of rubble, I view as a big threat that I would like taken care of immediately.
Now, I know that international law takes time and energy, but are we really going to let this threat sit and slowly boil over? Think of it as a volcano: it's inevitable that the mountain is going to blow. With that information, you can make an educated judgement on the best way to evacuate any urbanized local area, sparing many lives.
Iran is that volcano, growing more and more disrupting every day. Tehran has removed the UN seals from its nuclear facilities and is on its way to making enriched uranium, or as many of us know it, “yellow cake” -- the main ingredient for nuclear-grade weapons. All this is only a further development in an ongoing crisis.
So, this volcano, it's prepared for eruption. Are we going to make the best judgement to save thousands, if not more, lives? Something needs to happen real soon, or we may be looking into another gaping hole in American soil.
A pre-emptive strike is the only option if diplomacy continues its downward spiral. And, despite the actions of the UN, America has America's best interest at heart, and will do whatever it takes to divert another 9/11.
Iran needs to be held accountable for their current course of action. For a nation's leader to come outright and claim that another nation needs to be wiped off the map, with America following suit, accountability needs to start now.

'Something needs to happen real soon' ... so you, of course with the best interest at your heart suggest something ...like ...invading Iran? :confused:

revisfoot
01-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I would much rather attack them over there than them coming over here and attacking us first. They have alaid out their plans; Iran knows what they want. Their president has expressed it multiple times -- he wants Israel gone, with America to follow suit. I refuse that. I will fight against that hateful ideology in the streets of my neighborhood if it came to that. But, it won't come to that, because we, America, will "nip it in the bud." We will not be bullied by some evildoer in the middle east.

Ana4Stapp
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
So you can stop violence (war) with MORE violence (war)???????? Good idea!! Good christian idea!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Chase
01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
So you can stop violence (war) with MORE violence (war)???????? Good idea!! Good christian idea!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah... if I'm not mistaken, war stopped Adolf Hitler and the Nazi warmachine. If peace, survival, and the future of the Western world rests on stopping this anti-Semitic madman by force... then so be it.

Here's some quotes from President Ahmadinejad regarding Jews and the nation of Israel:

"Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world. But we must be aware of tricks."

"Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps," Ahmadinejad said. "Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned. Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, if the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe—like in Germany, Austria or other countries—to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."

"If the Europeans are telling the truth in their claim that they have killed six million Jews in the Holocaust during the World War II - which seems they are right in their claim because they insist on it and arrest and imprison those who oppose it, why should the Palestinian nation pay for the crime. Why have they come to the very heart of the Islamic world and are committing crimes against the dear Palestine using their bombs, rockets, missiles and sanctions. [...] The same European countries have imposed the illegally-established Zionist regime on the oppressed nation of Palestine. If you have committed the crimes so give a piece of your land somewhere in Europe or America and Canada or Alaska to them to set up their own state there. Then the Iranian nation will have no objections, will stage no rallies on the Qods Day and will support your decision."

"They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets. The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion, and the prophets, (it) deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religion, and the prophet. If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?"

I honestly believe that one of the main reasons why he is adamantly pursuing a nuclear program is to possibly attack Israel. He has a track record that proves that he is anti-Semitic and will do everything in his power to get Jews our of the Middle East.

Ana4Stapp
01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah... if I'm not mistaken, war stopped Adolf Hitler and the Nazi warmachine. If peace, survival, and the future of the Western world rests on stopping this anti-Semitic madman by force... then so be it.

They were a real threat, Chase ! They needed to be stopped! And before you say Im defending Iran president or Hitler or Osama...(as you always do ) :rolleyes:I am not! Of course not, because everyone who knows a little thing about History in 20 sec. cant defend those KILLERS!!! This is not my point!
But c'mon --you know US can stop Iran without starting a war! even though Im a litlle confused about when Bush received this role of 'hero' to play throughout the planet...:rolleyes:

Listen I CAN (not agree ) understand Afeghanistan invaded by US...because america was attacked first in 11/09 ...but I cant undesrtand invading a country like a pre-attack...Its insane!

Just a note: Before someone ( not Chase --- well, I hope!) says something to me like "shut up'" my mouth because Im not american -- Im a foreign that lives in this same world affected by zillions of wars...including the ones started by Bush!

Chase
01-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Ahmadinejad is a man that has called the Holocaust a "myth." He has stated that he wants to wipe Jews in Israel off the face of the Earth. The man has a lot of similarities to Adolf Hitler... in terms of racial cleansing. Tell me how Iran isn't a "real threat," but German was? What if Iran attacks Israel... or nations like Jordan and Iraq? Is diplomacy hasn't stopped Iran yet, what makes you think that diplomacy will work in the future? Iran's defiance has already prompted the desires for economic sanctions coming from Great Britain, the United States, France, and Germany. It's bad enough that Russia has already decided to send $1 billion worth of arms to Iran. If Iran will be defiant, how long do you expect the Western world to put up with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Here's an article about how Iran decided not to show up at a meeting with Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, Austria:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180776,00.html

Ana4Stapp
01-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Ahmadinejad is a man that has called the Holocaust a "myth." He has stated that he wants to wipe Jews in Israel off the face of the Earth. The man has a lot of similarities to Adolf Hitler... in terms of racial cleansing. Tell me how Iran isn't a "real threat," but German was? What if Iran attacks Israel... or nations like Jordan and Iraq? Is diplomacy hasn't stopped Iran yet, what makes you think that diplomacy will work in the future? Iran's defiance has already prompted the desires for economic sanctions coming from Great Britain, the United States, France, and Germany. It's bad enough that Russia has already decided to send $1 billion worth of arms to Iran. If Iran will be defiant, how long do you expect the Western world to put up with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

Here's an article about how Iran decided not to show up at a meeting with Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, Austria:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,180776,00.html

Read that: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10803220/

Ana4Stapp
01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Some additional points here, Chase: ;)

1) Its pretty obvious that Iran (nuclear program) needs to be stopped, their president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has an horrible rhetoric that cant become true. Hes a fascist who cant be supported by anyone and I also hope that he can be take off the power. No one is denying this.

2) Its also obvious that Europe needs to do something , because they cant keep trying to ignore (they took too much time ignoring Hitler's intentions)this situation and we should have in our minds that Europe (EU) is the major Irans economical partner. At least 4% ( or about it) of Europe's importations (energetics products) are from Iran. But also Europe is the principal font of foreign capital to Iran. So this is an area that governements can do 'something'.

3) Europe also has a politic power in Ira. Iran always recognized Europe like a 'protection' to avoid U.S. power. So Europe needs to act in this situation, maybe like in 1997, when all the EU ambassadors left Teerah (?) --what resulted in the end of the governement's support to fatwa ( aiatola Khomeini) condenning Salman Rushdie to death. Why not do the same?

4) I think taht a military intervention in Iran is not the best option (even to US) because its not an easy thing! I read ( sorry - Im not an expert in military strategy :D ) that a bombardment to destroy research center is pretty unlikely, because they (principal ones) are located at subterranean bases!!!!

5) And Maybe U.S. wont have enough conditions to guide a intevention in Iran because US are still involved in Iraq's case, unless Bush decides that Iran is much more urgent than Iraq now. Of course with european support things can change...

Finally, Its not only very hard but also very dangerous because a military intervention could be as result the increasing of the retaliation against all the ocidentals interests in the Middle East what btw will reflect in Iraq --which means the increasing of the anti-american feeling in that problematic area.

Think it over! ;)

revisfoot
01-13-2006, 12:33 AM
I submitted my essay to the local newspaper (edited and reviewed, of course). And, Ana, I must say, I trust Kofi Anan about as far as I can throw him. That is a corrupt, corrupt man. Oil for Food, anyone?

Ana4Stapp
01-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I submitted my essay to the local newspaper (edited and reviewed, of course). And, Ana, I must say, I trust Kofi Anan about as far as I can throw him. That is a corrupt, corrupt man. Oil for Food, anyone?

Hey I never said I was a Kofi Anan fan or something ...what I said is that we (world) need to avoid starting new war ...for the reasons I put above.

And I'd like to see your essay (or a link) posted here ...;)

Chase
01-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Hey I never said I was a Kofi Anan fan or something ...what I said is that we (world) need to avoid starting new war ...for the reasons I put above.

And I'd like to see your essay (or a link) posted here ...;)

And we're trying to avoid one... but it's kind of hard when you have a defiant, racist regime that's trying to start a nuclear weapons program.

If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S. In addition, I also think that Japan will participate. Iran's support will come from Islamic extremists and possible financial and military support from Russia. The anti-Semitic remarks from Iran's president have offended not only Israel, but also Europeans because that whole continent was heavily impacted by World War II and the Holocaust. You let this guy continue, and there is a major chance that will see a Persian Hitler.

Ana4Stapp
01-13-2006, 10:28 AM
And we're trying to avoid one... but it's kind of hard when you have a defiant, racist regime that's trying to start a nuclear weapons program.

If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S. In addition, I also think that Japan will participate. Iran's support will come from Islamic extremists and possible financial and military support from Russia. The anti-Semitic remarks from Iran's president have offended not only Israel, but also Europeans because that whole continent was heavily impacted by World War II and the Holocaust. You let this guy continue, and there is a major chance that will see a Persian Hitler.

Read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10803220/

I honestly think that you are very confident about a possible war, Chase. Maybe its too early to decide for it.Even Condoleezza Rice seems to thinks about the U.N. Security Council to punish Tehran. Not necessarily a war...And probably US involvement in Iraq is one of the causes to avoid it.;)

“To quote the White House ‘Iran is not Iraq’,” Straw(British Foreign Secretary) said in an interview with the British Broadcasting Corp.

He added that while Iran could face Security Council sanctions for resuming its nuclear activities, military action is not being considered.

“This can only be resolved by peaceful means. Nobody is talking about invading Iran or taking military action,” he said."

Ana4Stapp
01-13-2006, 10:47 AM
If a war with Iran starts... it'll be bigger than the United States. It possibly may be Israel's decision to attack Iran before the United States. I predict that if a war occurs, the major players will be Israel, Great Britain, the United States, France, Germany, and some other Middle Eastern nations that are allies of the U.S.

One more thing: Do you think that Israel is ready to get involved in a new war at this moment? I mean --when they can barely knows about their leader, since the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is still seriously sick and Kadima seems to be in a crossroad concerning to the future elections... What direction israelli politics will take without Sharon? Do you believe that Ehud Olmert will carry on 'peacemaking' efforts with the Palestinians? Whats this countrys future? I mean, I seriously doubt that Sharon can return to his post...

RMadd
01-13-2006, 07:04 PM
war is an awful idea. it really won't change anything. israel, too, must be prevented from invading or attacking iran. i know they might be scared about calls to wipe out the jewish population, but a war really won't solve any problems. for one, iran's terrain is far more harsh than iraq. it's not a big flat desert; there's miles and miles of mountains before even getting close to tehran.
as an alternative, i might propose some sort of subversion. the islamist republic has a very large population of young people who are more disposed and open towards western ideas and ideology. the us or the eu-3 (britain, france & germany) could help to plant the seeds of any rebellion. sort of like the bay of pigs, only more successful (one could only hope). there's also the people's muhajadeen e-kalq (sp?), an organization that, if i'm not mistaken, is still on the state dept's list of terrorist organizations. but they've really not done anything against the us in the past 15 years, and their efforts, of late, have been concentrated on overthrowing the islamic regime.
although iran, imo, is more dangerous than n. korea, i'm still not utterly terrified by tehran's threats. yes, they are obviously a threat to security in the middle east, but the islamist republic must certainly be aware that any nuclear attack they launch on the us or its allies will be met by some retaliation far more swift and brutal than some "shock and awe" or invasion.

RMadd
01-13-2006, 07:06 PM
if anyone's interested, i did a paper on the u.s.' policy options for dealing with iran in my american foreign policy class last semester. it's about 16 or 17 pages, nothing enormous.

Ana4Stapp
01-14-2006, 01:38 AM
war is an awful idea. it really won't change anything. israel, too, must be prevented from invading or attacking iran. i know they might be scared about calls to wipe out the jewish population, but a war really won't solve any problems.

I LOVE your words, Ryan !!!!!!! ;)

Chase
01-14-2006, 01:33 PM
war is an awful idea. it really won't change anything. israel, too, must be prevented from invading or attacking iran. i know they might be scared about calls to wipe out the jewish population, but a war really won't solve any problems. for one, iran's terrain is far more harsh than iraq. it's not a big flat desert; there's miles and miles of mountains before even getting close to tehran.
as an alternative, i might propose some sort of subversion. the islamist republic has a very large population of young people who are more disposed and open towards western ideas and ideology. the us or the eu-3 (britain, france & germany) could help to plant the seeds of any rebellion. sort of like the bay of pigs, only more successful (one could only hope). there's also the people's muhajadeen e-kalq (sp?), an organization that, if i'm not mistaken, is still on the state dept's list of terrorist organizations. but they've really not done anything against the us in the past 15 years, and their efforts, of late, have been concentrated on overthrowing the islamic regime.
although iran, imo, is more dangerous than n. korea, i'm still not utterly terrified by tehran's threats. yes, they are obviously a threat to security in the middle east, but the islamist republic must certainly be aware that any nuclear attack they launch on the us or its allies will be met by some retaliation far more swift and brutal than some "shock and awe" or invasion.

President Bush has already made references to the Iranian youth by unofficially offering support to them if they decided to have a revolution. Sanctions, more than likely, won't get Iran back in check and it doesn't help having Russia selling them arms. This is a global issue and organizations like the U.N. have been condemning Iran's president left and right. It's going to be hard having this regime neighboring Iraq... and they've already been tampering with Iraq's stability. Afghanistan's terrain is very harsh and that really didnt' have a negative impact on the allied forces that destroyed the Taliban. How do you know war "won't change anything?" What if countries attacked Hitler on the offensive once he started making relatively similar anti-Semitic comments? Or once he elaborated on some of his ambitions? That would've saved MILLIONS of people. If this guy in Iran goes ahead with his nuclear ambitions, builds nuclear weapons, and threatens its neighbors... what do YOU expect us to do? I seriously doubt some mountains in Iraq will prevent the world's most powerful nations from effectively dismantling this threat.

You're essentially still encouraging armed conflict by saying that it's up to the younger generations. That will result in a possible civil war against the moderate factions and the conservative ones. I don't know if you can get this guy to stop without force. We will have to wait and see though.

Ana4Stapp
01-14-2006, 05:56 PM
latest news:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10836280/

And also: Jan. 14: President Bush says if Iran developed a nuclear weapon, it would pose a grave threat to the security of the world.

Oh my God 'something' will start again....:rolleyes:

Chase
01-14-2006, 06:49 PM
latest news:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10836280/

And also: Jan. 14: President Bush says if Iran developed a nuclear weapon, it would pose a grave threat to the security of the world.

Oh my God 'something' will start again....:rolleyes:

I really, really hope you're not insinuating that this is America's fault. Europe, the United States, and U.N. have a problem with what Iran is doing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181409,00.html

Ana4Stapp
01-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I really, really hope you're not insinuating that this is America's fault. Europe, the United States, and U.N. have a problem with what Iran is doing.

Did I say that? I cant remember. Dont try to put words in my mouth! Also, I think Iran is a serious problem , that must be 'resolved' by U.N with the support of the Europe and US...as I already said before...but not necessarily through the use of war!!!!...And I also think that its too sad and disturbing, Chase that you can think about war as the only possibility to solve this situatiion, even when Europe seems to go in other direction...::

Dont you think that it is a liitle interesting that everytime US faces a big worldwide 'problem', Bush decides to start a war to solve this???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
01-15-2006, 03:21 AM

...:rolleyes:
And I really, really hope that you can answer certain questions I put here to you (through posts and PMs) ...what means stop to ignoring them...

PS: Unless you DONT have the 'answers' my dear friend ... :D do you?

Chase
01-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Did I say that? I cant remember. Dont try to put words in my mouth! Also, I think Iran is a serious problem , that must be 'resolved' by U.N with the support of the Europe and US...as I already said before...but not necessarily through the use of war!!!!...And I also think that its too sad and disturbing, Chase that you can think about war as the only possibility to solve this situatiion, even when Europe seems to go in other direction...::

Dont you think that it is a liitle interesting that everytime US faces a big mundial 'problem', Bush decides to start a war to solve this???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who said that I "think about war as the only possibility?" You think it's better for Iran to build weapons and allow them to threaten stability in the Middle East... that's sad. You think that nations aren't allowed to defend themselves. That's sad. Bush hasn't started a war with Iran... but yet, you jump to conclusions by insinuating that my country is a warmongering nation of bullies. This guy can run his mouth all day about why he hates Jews, Europe, America, and freedom... yet that isn't enough. He has to blow up Jerusalem for you to think that maybe this guy is a bit crazy. You want to talk about sad? Let's talk about how you think nations aren't allowed to defend themselves and protect future generations from sadistic dictators and madmen. Again, I will continue to bring up the Hitler analogy. Had the allies disarmed Hitler prior to 1939, things would've been different.

Chase
01-15-2006, 01:25 PM
...:rolleyes:
And I really, really hope that you can answer certain questions I put here to you (through posts and PMs) ...what means stop to ignoring them...

PS: Unless you DONT have the 'answers' my dear friend ... :D do you?

Relax. I've been working long days all week filming a movie on location. I don't live in front of my computer and can't promptly answer every question you have.

Ana4Stapp
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Relax. I've been working long days all week filming a movie on location. I don't live in front of my computer and can't promptly answer every question you have.

WOW!!!!!! RELAX???!!! :mad:HEY... YOU NEED TO RELAX!! NOT ME!!!!! AND YOU DONT NEED TO USE RUDE WORDS!!!!

And if you dont want to answer (maybe you dont have the 'answers") my questions...DONT ANSWER THEM! I REALLY dont mind! And if you want we can also finish our discussion NOW!!!!!!

By this way, I didnt call you here on this thread to post ...I was answering /discussing with revisfoot and YOU quoted my answer to him!!!!!!! :mad::mad: You started talking/discussing as you always do. YOU are the one who is constantly quoting my posts in every thread on political banter!

And whats the reason of saying that you 'were filming a movie'???? Im not interested about what you are doing: filming a movie, recording a cd, writing a book....!!!!!!!! I didnt ask it!!!!

:(

Chase
01-15-2006, 07:47 PM
WOW!!!!!! RELAX???!!! :mad:HEY... YOU NEED TO RELAX!! NOT ME!!!!! AND YOU DONT NEED TO USE RUDE WORDS!!!!

And if you dont want to answer (maybe you dont have the 'answers") my questions...DONT ANSWER THEM! I REALLY dont mind! And if you want we can also finish our discussion NOW!!!!!!

By this way, I didnt call you here on this thread to post ...I was answering /discussing with revisfoot and YOU quoted my answer to him!!!!!!! :mad::mad: You started talking/discussing as you always do. YOU are the one who is constantly quoting my posts in every thread on political banter!

And whats the reason of saying that you 'were filming a movie'???? Im not interested about what you are doing: filming a movie, recording a cd, writing a book....!!!!!!!! I didnt ask it!!!!

:(

In the English language the word "relax" isn't considered a rude word. You keep constantly saying that my country basically wants to start a war with every nation on the planet. I will defend America... you know... the "land of the free." Just because I don't find it acceptable to allow some insane man in Iran advocate the destruction of Israel and Jews in the Middle East... you get upset. The President or anybody in his administration hasn't said anything about war... yet, like always... you start complaining that we're the bad guys for wanting to protect nations from ruthless leaders. We're the bad guys... not the terrorists or the anti-Semitic Hitler protoges. In all actuality, the European Union has been just as outspoken as the United States regarding this issue... and they all agree that something needs to be done. The U.N. is stepping... and the American Secretary of States, Condi Rice has urged the U.N. to intervene. But no... apparently you think we're going to blow Iran tomorrow and intentionally mass murder thousands of people. WE'RE USING DIPLOMACY, I repeat, WE'RE USING DIPLOMACY. I will, honorably, defend my nation... and my nation's allies from the words of those who try to, unjustifiably, condemn America's actions.

I told you I was gone filming a movie because I telling you why I haven't been able to stare at my computer monitor all day long.

Ana4Stapp
01-15-2006, 07:52 PM

This is RUDE!!!!!

Ana4Stapp
01-15-2006, 07:57 PM
In the English language the word "relax" isn't considered a rude word. You keep constantly saying that my country basically wants to start a war with every nation on the planet. I will defend America... you know... the "land of the free." Just because I don't find it acceptable to allow some insane man in Iran advocate the destruction of Israel and Jews in the Middle East... you get upset. The President or anybody in his administration hasn't said anything about war... yet, like always... you start complaining that we're the bad guys for wanting to protect nations from ruthless leaders. We're the bad guys... not the terrorists or the anti-Semitic Hitler protoges. In all actuality, the European Union has been just as outspoken as the United States regarding this issue... and they all agree that something needs to be done. The U.N. is stepping... and the American Secretary of States, Condi Rice has urged the U.N. to intervene. But no... apparently you think we're going to blow Iran tomorrow and intentionally mass murder thousands of people. WE'RE USING DIPLOMACY, I repeat, WE'RE USING DIPLOMACY. I will, honorably, defend my nation... and my nation's allies from the words of those who try to, unjustifiably, condemn America's actions.

I told you I was gone filming a movie because I telling you why I haven't been able to stare at my computer monitor all day long.

This is the most nonsense post on this board! !!! I wasnt/am upset because of Iran or Bush ...I was/am upset because of YOUR words... :(

And this reply has nothing to do with the questions I put to you...that btw you keep ignoring ...maybe because you dont have the faintest idea of the answers....

Just to remember I asked u about: US domestic policy/economics and also about Israel without Sharon ... These were the topics I put to u, but u keep closing your eyes to them and only reply by the use of ironic/rude words, something like "US is the greatest force and consequently its mission is the salvation of the whole world" (Is Bush a God?)....

But okay I wont comment it anymore and ( be happy, Chase! ) wont ask you any question!!!!!!

revisfoot
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Back to the argument on the UN...

I don't trust the UN to make the best, most sound decision. There is so much money under the table in the UN, that they are impossible to make the best security decisions. And, what are they going to do? Post a sanction against Iran? Iran just BROKE THE UN SEALS OFF THEIR NUCLEAR PLANTS. A lot of good those UN seals did. And, ask Russia...it's been reported that rop Russian officials were in Iran at the time, and I'll lay my bottom dollar on the idea that those Russians were there for a deal like, "If we break these seals, you have to stall the UN." We have a big mess on our hands, ladies and gentlemen. A big mess.

Ana4Stapp
01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Back to the argument on the UN...

I don't trust the UN to make the best, most sound decision. There is so much money under the table in the UN, that they are impossible to make the best security decisions. And, what are they going to do? Post a sanction against Iran? Iran just BROKE THE UN SEALS OFF THEIR NUCLEAR PLANTS. A lot of good those UN seals did. And, ask Russia...it's been reported that rop Russian officials were in Iran at the time, and I'll lay my bottom dollar on the idea that those Russians were there for a deal like, "If we break these seals, you have to stall the UN." We have a big mess on our hands, ladies and gentlemen. A big mess.

Backing to the original discussion:

But do you believe that this mess will be fixed trough the use of war???? :confused:

(Please, Im really curious about this...Im not using irony or blaming US ...Just curious....)

Chase
01-16-2006, 01:05 AM
One more thing: Do you think that Israel is ready to get involved in a new war at this moment? I mean --when they can barely knows about their leader, since the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is still seriously sick and Kadima seems to be in a crossroad concerning to the future elections... What direction israelli politics will take without Sharon? Do you believe that Ehud Olmert will carry on 'peacemaking' efforts with the Palestinians? Whats this countrys future? I mean, I seriously doubt that Sharon can return to his post...

Israel has been defending it's existence since the day that it became a sovereign nation. They've been fighting off Islamic extremists and other anti-Semitic Arab government for years. Israel, like every other democratic government in the world, has a political hierarchy within it's government. In America, if the President dies... chaos is prevented because there is a line of succession in the executive branch of government. This situation regarding Arabs and Israelis is far bigger than Ariel Sharon or Yasser Arafat. If the future of Israel depends on the disarmament of a nuclear Iran, then I'm sure they will prepare themselves for a possible conflict.

Chase
01-16-2006, 01:06 AM
This is RUDE!!!!!

Love, the truth isn't rude. I don't live in front of my computer... nor can I respond to everything promptly. What? Do you want me to lie?

Chase
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
This is the most nonsense post on this board! !!! I wasnt/am upset because of Iran or Bush ...I was/am upset because of YOUR words... :(

And this reply has nothing to do with the questions I put to you...that btw you keep ignoring ...maybe because you dont have the faintest idea of the answers....

Just to remember I asked u about: US domestic policy/economics and also about Israel without Sharon ... These were the topics I put to u, but u keep closing your eyes to them and only reply by the use of ironic/rude words, something like "US is the greatest force and consequently its mission is the salvation of the whole world" (Is Bush a God?)....

But okay I wont comment it anymore and ( be happy, Chase! ) wont ask you any question!!!!!!

I never said Bush is a god, or anything about the U.S. having the purpose of bearing "salvation." I don't know where that quote came from. But, the U.S. is the greatest force in the world, and there is nothing "rude" about that facts. You know, I have an answer to everything you ask... you just expect me to sit in front of my computer all day to answer everything... I can't do it if I'm busy. Be patient.

Ana4Stapp
01-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I never said Bush is a god, or anything about the U.S. having the purpose of bearing "salvation." I don't know where that quote came from. But, the U.S. is the greatest force in the world, and there is nothing "rude" about that facts. You know, I have an answer to everything you ask... you just expect me to sit in front of my computer all day to answer everything... I can't do it if I'm busy. Be patient.

You are so conceited that you have no idea....:rolleyes: But I think Ill wait...maybe...

PS: Actualy I created that quote based in your 'opinions'.

Ana4Stapp
01-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Love, the truth isn't rude. I don't live in front of my computer... nor can I respond to everything promptly. What? Do you want me to lie?

Ah Chase ...

I dont live in front of my PC either...even though I always try to answer what you ask... and I never said I want you to answer everything promptly ( I know you are busy, btw were u filming a movie-- actor or a director?)...Look, on political banter threads theres just a few members and posting regularly - only you and me, and if we dont answer our own questions theres no discussion, dear .;)

Unless you want to finish this discussion :(

Ana4Stapp
01-17-2006, 11:37 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/17/iran.nuclear/index.html

Will they also choose a militaire intervention ?

RMadd
01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
You're essentially still encouraging armed conflict by saying that it's up to the younger generations. That will result in a possible civil war against the moderate factions and the conservative ones. I don't know if you can get this guy to stop without force. We will have to wait and see though.
essentially, yes, but essentially one in which we aren't directly involved.

RMadd
01-18-2006, 12:50 AM
for the record, Chase, you may want to use something more credible than FoxNews. yes, it's credible, but many liberals, and some moderates immediately write it off as crazy conservative BS.

Chase
01-18-2006, 03:21 PM
for the record, Chase, you may want to use something more credible than FoxNews. yes, it's credible, but many liberals, and some moderates immediately write it off as crazy conservative BS.

For the record, if you're going to criticize me, at least have something factual to base your argument on. I don't like Fox News. The only thing that I do appreciate about Fox News, is that they're one of the few non-liberal sources of "news" out there.

Chase
01-18-2006, 03:25 PM

So... then it wouldn't make sense to discourage armed conflict then, if that's what you are... indeed... asserting. American isolationism isn't the answer. It didn't quell terrorism or rogue regimes during the 1990s, I don't see why it would do so now.

Ana4Stapp
01-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Its still a war, whats disappointing...but I was thinking that UN is extremely 'weak' ...failing in its purposes...waht seems avoid any future wars. I read that UN is similar to the final days of that previous international organization (sorry but I forgot its english name :D ) we had after WW1... Oh..its League of Nations... that ...failed completely- was incapable of preventing aggression by the Axis Powers in the 1930s.

When US invaded Iraq it was evident...

Chase
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Its still a war, whats disappointing...but I was thinking that UN is extremely 'weak' ...failing in its purposes...waht seems avoid any future wars. I read that UN is similar to the final days of that previous international organization (sorry but I forgot its english name :D ) we had after WW1... Oh..its League of Nations... that ...failed completely was incapable of preventing aggression by the Axis Powers in the 1930s.

When US invaded Iraq it was evident...

President Woodrow Wilson had his heart in the right place when he created the League of Nations... but it ended up being a waste. The U.N. is full of so many egos, and as a result, it is hardly capable of getting things done.

Ana4Stapp
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
President Woodrow Wilson had his heart in the right place when he created the League of Nations... but it ended up being a waste. The U.N. is full of so many egos, and as a result, it is hardly capable of getting things done.

Yeah and seems UN is failing too, but at least admit that US has great part in it.

Chase
01-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah and seems UN is failing too, but at least admit that US has great part in it.

Sure, America played a part. Yet, again so did the nations involved in the Oil for Food scandal, France, Russia, and China.

Ana4Stapp
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Sure, America played a part. Yet, again so did the nations involved in the Oil for Food scandal, France, Russia, and China.

Wow! Do you agree with me?? Am I dreaming? (lol):confused:

Just to clarify I was talking about Iraqs invasion.

Chase
01-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah. The Americans wanted to oust Hussein, while at the same time, he was doing business with the French, Russians, and Chinese. Conflict of interests there lol.

Ana4Stapp
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah. The Americans wanted to oust Hussein, while at the same time, he was doing business with the French, Russians, and Chinese. Conflict of interests there lol.

And as result ...US invaded Iraq without the agreement (im not sure if theres a more appropriate word- sorry) of the U.N....:rolleyes:

Note: At this point... you ll stop to agreeing with me...lol

PS: seriosuly, take a look at the other thread (the new one ) here...and see the post I put ...of course if you are not busy...:rolleyes:

Chase
01-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Sure, some nations agreed and wanted to get rid of Saddam Hussein like America, Great Britain, Australia, Italy, Spain, Poland, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Hungary, Japan, and South Korea. Then there were the outspoken ones against the war: France, Germany, and Russia.

RMadd
01-19-2006, 01:13 AM
American isolationism isn't the answer. It didn't quell terrorism or rogue regimes during the 1990s, I don't see why it would do so now.
I really had no idea we took an isolationist stance in the '90s. See, I've always learned, and been under the impression, that we've been very active on the global political scene since, depending on whom you ask, between 1941 and 1945.

For the record, if you're going to criticize me, at least have something factual to base your argument on. I don't like Fox News. The only thing that I do appreciate about Fox News, is that they're one of the few non-liberal sources of "news" out there.
I don't believe I asserted that you like Fox News; I merely said that you may want to use something else. there are other sources out there, believe it or not, that aren't so vehemently repulsive to liberals. and if you can't find another source to say it, then perhaps it's really not credible enough to cite or discuss.

So... then it wouldn't make sense to discourage armed conflict then, if that's what you are... indeed... asserting.
i'm really not sure how you're trying to twist my words, so i will simply reiterate my belief that the US military should most definitely not be involved, as in Iraq or Afghanistan, but that I would certainly not oppose a covert operation by the CIA or similar entity that seeks to produce a change from within rather than from the outside (this, in my opinion, is a very key element to the situation: if our military directly invaded or bombed, as with iraq, then the entire population would most likely unite against us. however, by using psychological tactics to further increase the social and philosophical divide between the younger and older generations, this could more effectively produce a peaceful, more permanent and (hopefully) more agreeable outcome.

Chase
01-19-2006, 01:27 AM
I really had no idea we took an isolationist stance in the '90s. See, I've always learned, and been under the impression, that we've been very active on the global political scene since, depending on whom you ask, between 1941 and 1945.

I don't believe I asserted that you like Fox News; I merely said that you may want to use something else. there are other sources out there, believe it or not, that aren't so vehemently repulsive to liberals. and if you can't find another source to say it, then perhaps it's really not credible enough to cite or discuss.

i'm really not sure how you're trying to twist my words, so i will simply reiterate my belief that the US military should most definitely not be involved, as in Iraq or Afghanistan, but that I would certainly not oppose a covert operation by the CIA or similar entity that seeks to produce a change from within rather than from the outside (this, in my opinion, is a very key element to the situation: if our military directly invaded or bombed, as with iraq, then the entire population would most likely unite against us. however, by using psychological tactics to further increase the social and philosophical divide between the younger and older generations, this could more effectively produce a peaceful, more permanent and (hopefully) more agreeable outcome.

Quick reply, I'm actually at the gym right now... but I'll reply entirely to your post when I get home. See, the thing is that the U.S. won't take unilateral action against Iran, militarily speaking. To do so, would be completely stupid. Iran's actions have created quite a grumble within the United Nations and European Union... as well as in Asia. They've pissed more people than just Americans and Israelis... the Brits, French, and Germans are demanding that a close eye is kept on Iran now. It is true that there is a divide between the older and younger generations of Persians... however, I think that any sort of uprisings, whether they be violent or non-violent, will result in possible massacres (much like what was seen in Iraq during Saddam Hussein's reign).

And another thing, American foreign policy during the Clinton administration was relatively isolationist regarding Islamic extremism. I wasn't referring to pre-World War II period. President Clinton's only real attempt to combat, terrorism, militarily, was Operation Infinite Reach which took place on August 20, 1998 in retaliation to the U.S. embassy attacks in Kenya and Tanzania.

Ana4Stapp
01-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I found this:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has set out his vision for the future in comments on foreign and domestic policy.
The following are quotes from Mr Ahmadinejad since he took office in August 2005:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4616336.stm