Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Seeking Advice - On the rail [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice - On the rail

Julbright
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM
OK - blast from the past - when Creed was touring we all used to talk alot about being on the rail - now with Scott's new tour - I plan to go to milwaukee and depending on which part of the venue he plays - it could be a big general admission thing. So - how do I get there - I need to be RIGHT THERE in front of him ...................... advice?

evyllsummer
01-11-2006, 11:44 PM
get there WAY early...you may also want to sign up for the fan club, as, if it's NOT GA, you might get a good shot at the premium tickets...

Steve
01-11-2006, 11:49 PM
The Rave is all general admission, unless you want to purchase reserved seats in the balconies. If he's in The Eagles Ballroom there's lots of space in front of the stage, so as long as you get there a couple hours early and are very close in line you should be able to get on the rail. If it's in The Rave room (next to The Rave Bar) then good luck. What usually happens is they line everyone up in The Rave Bar and open the doors to The Rave an hour before the show. Everyone ends up pushing and shoving and it's a big mess.

Julbright
01-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys. Steve that is awesome insight on the venue - I will be eager to find out which place he is going to be in. There is already another act booked for "the Rave bar @ the Eagles Club"? So he defnitely won't be in that one.... I can't wait. I am meeting up with some die hards to also saw AB there so I guess they will know what to do.... :)

Steve
01-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Hrmm, The Rave usually doesn't book shows in the bar and in "The Rave" room on the same dates. If there's a major show in "The Rave" room they use the bar room as a preshow party room. They'll have these local unsigned bands play while you wait in line to get into the actual Rave room. They just want you to spend your money at their bars.

Judging from that I would just speculate the show would then either be at The Eagles Ballroom which is upstairs (AB hasn't played here, but this is where Creed played back in March of 1999) or he may be stuck in the basement which is called Rave II. It's a low-ceiling room that doesn't sound very good, unless they've changed it since I've been there last.

The Lithium
01-12-2006, 10:28 AM
My advice to you is to be outside the venue at least ONE hour before the doors, then make your way to the front... Pretty simple, but that's the only way! :D

Julbright
01-12-2006, 10:49 AM
NO USE FOR A NAME

tba
Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 8pm
Rave Bar @ The Eagles Club
All Ages - 21 or older to drink

Tickets on sale now

OK - Steve - this is what it says on RAVE website - what do you think the TBA means - could that be Scott??? I guess it doesn't matter that much - I just hope he isn't in the bad room you talked about.

Julbright
01-12-2006, 10:50 AM
My advice to you is to be outside the venue at least ONE hour before the doors, then make your way to the front... Pretty simple, but that's the only way! :D

Only ONE hour? I guess that was the point of my original question - I know like "how" to get there but is one hour enough time ?

INDIGOSTEVE
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
one hour is very bad advise, go way earlier for a great spot!

evyllsummer
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah, I would make it about 3 hours early...at LEAST...if you REALLY want on the rail, then 3 hours is NOT too early, and if you want center, you DEFINITELY need to be there no less than 3 hours early...

Steve
01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
For Alter Bridge, people were lined up around noon-1pm I think. I got there two or three hours before (can't remember) and there was a good 20-30 people

Julbright, the listing from the rave site that says TBA - that is most likely not referring to Stapp. That band is playing "The Rave Bar" which is like the size of a corner neighborhood bar. It holds like a max of 200 people and the stage is very very small. Creed actually played that stage back in 1997 before they were known outside of Florida - tix were $5.

For the most part, I'd say just arrive at the venue two-three hours early (or even earlier if you don't mind the wait and chatting with other fans) and just follow the crowd - unless you're first in line, then make sure to ask a security guard where you need to go before they let people in.

And just keep in mind, if you go really early, The Rave makes you wait outside until around 5pm or so I believe. With the current mild temps here in Wisconsin right now (40's today!!) perhaps that won't be an issue in March?!?

crest tattoo
01-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Girlfriend, you're hooked up with me............ We'll get it, push and shove, we'll be right there!!!!!!!!!!!!