Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapps CD Thanks [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapps CD Thanks

Tremontixriffs
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I don't know if any of you read it but on Stapp's Album among the people he thanks in writing" I would like to thank Mark Tremonti,Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall ,Jeff Hanson, I would have never come to this place to create this album".-

This has got to be some sort of insult?They all talk shit about each other, then kiss each others asses...What is the deal?

Ana4Stapp
01-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Well I almost sure that I saw a thread posted with this issue (but I dont rememeber the title) but anyway... coming from Stapp I think it was ironic...:rolleyes:

PS: Cool see u again !;)

Chase
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it an insult. Travis Meeks went on to thank his former bandmates in Days of the New CDs after they left to form Tantric. Gavin Rossdale has done the same in the "thank you" section of his new band's (Institute) CD.

He could be doing it to be a smart ass... or he may be acting genuine because in a lot of ways... without them he wouldn't have made it to this point in his career.

Ana4Stapp
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
^^

Yeah...Maybe...:rolleyes:

TeriB19
01-04-2006, 03:46 AM
http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9977

Here's the link to a thread that discussed this before.

adparaiki
01-04-2006, 08:02 AM
I think he is being genuine. I have read and listened to many interviews where Scott talks about them and wishes them all well. He also said it took him a while to get over the breakup and learnt to forgive them. So all the remarks before (if any insults at all) where probably just after the split. How would you feel.

It's like when your best mate betrays you or a relative. At first you just wanna lash out but deep down still love them.

This would pretty sum it up I think

titan9
01-04-2006, 12:11 PM
^^ That's entirely possible, and I'd subscribe to that belief had Stapp not said the things he said in the Columbus interview. Now, I'm not sure what to believe. It seems just as likely that it is sarcasm.

Steve
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I think he is being genuine. I have read and listened to many interviews where Scott talks about them and wishes them all well. He also said it took him a while to get over the breakup and learnt to forgive them. So all the remarks before (if any insults at all) where probably just after the split. How would you feel.

Those were his intial remarks. In interviews done right before his cd was released, he started to say things like they suck, I'm Creed, Creed's not gonna get back, etc. etc.

I personally would intrepret those comments as being sarcasm.

RMadd
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
to me, that seems pretty sincere. it is true: if not for their previous success together, he wouldn't have likely been able to put out a solo album that did as moderately well as it has done (certainly better than if he was some unknown that didn't win American Idol and never appeared on Oprah lol).

King Oropher
02-01-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm a big fan of Mark and I was disappointed that he and the rest of the AB boys didn't thank Scott on their CD. I realise that their parting wasn't great but in the end Scott still had an effect on them and did contribute in some way to their lives. If it wasn't for Creed there would be no Alter Bridge.

The Lithium
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it an insult. Travis Meeks went on to thank his former bandmates in Days of the New CDs after they left to form Tantric. Gavin Rossdale has done the same in the "thank you" section of his new band's (Institute) CD.
True... But the statement: "I would have never come to this place to create this album". could also be an insult. Maybe he it is a thank you; "for all the things I've learned from you".

But if you look at the lyrics like "Broken", "Justify", "Hard Way", "Fight Song" and Reach Out", (especially Broken), you know... Maybe; "come to this place to create this album" means they didn't care for him. Guess we'll never know...

titan9
02-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, given the RS interview, I think the meaning of the thank you becomes much more clear. Scott mentioned in that interview that he was sober and drug-free while recording TGD. Obviously, he wrote the liner notes after the recording and was probably still sober and happy at that point. So, maybe he is thanking Mark and co. for letting him go and letting him reach his lowest point. A lot of addicts don't realize the extent of their addiction until they hit the very bottom. And by Creed breaking up, and the rest of Scott's life being in pieces, he finally hit that bottom. Hence the quote: "I would have never come to this place to create this album". That's just how I interpret it.

The Lithium
02-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Could be, yeah... Even though it may sound ironic, I still think he wants to thank the guys, on some level.

titan9
02-01-2006, 04:43 PM
If I were him, I'd want to thank the guys too. After all, without them, he probably wouldn't have achieved the level of fame that he has.

SecretWeapon
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Well , we know that he obviously could easily have been intoxicated,
even a little when he made those insulting remarks against Mark ,
Brian and Flip. Although , I'm not excusing it , it could explain alot.
Also , I'm sure he did genuinely want to thank those guys , because ,
as they stated (at least one of the band members did , I think it was Mark),
they're "like four brothers" . And yeah , how would you feel after your
band split up like that , and your 3 'brothers' went and got another singer ,
and had a great big party without you , and made fun of you ?
I'm sure that once he sobered up he realized what a blessing that they had been , even in breaking away from him , because that helped him get back
to God , and get his life back together. I know I probably would have been
really mad at first ,and said some things I would later regret, and then eventually (with the help of God) , forgiven them.

And thanked them in my liner notes. :D

Tremontixriffs
02-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Did Mark really say all that? Now that all the story is coming out maybe this will mend some rift between Mark and Scott. I was in hawaii, maui at a local store and The photographer had a picture of Mark and Scott and their respective families and I can't help but to look back on that and think that in some way these two really miss each other. They were like family and its a shame that all this had to happen and fuck everything up. I have a friend who is a alcoholic and this dude I have been friends with since we were mad young. Him and my two buddies Got our first place together and he became a hardcore drunk, he lost his license for three years, he's a teaher also which prevented him from even getting a job. I ended up not being able to help him and he was becoming destructive. I picked up and moved out after just eight months after moving in. For the longest time I didn't want to associate with him anymore. I stayed in touch and he has gotten his life back together and his license. I can see where mark is coming from in not wanting to talk to scott wiith the way he handled his behavior, he was a straight up dick to the guys and they left. Somewhere in all this I believe they will mend their fences because face it life is too short! Peace

creedlvr
02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Somewhere in all this I believe they will mend their fences because face it life is too short! Peace
I hope you're right!