Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New article I found. The article is called...Standing Alone [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New article I found. The article is called...Standing Alone

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
The day after staying up until 3 a.m. to work on his solo debut, Scott Stapp listens to the raw recordings, laughs and says, "Wow, what was I thinking with that verse?"

The laughter should come as no surprise: Stapp has a sense of humor -- about himself, his journey with Creed, his strict childhood and his religious beliefs.

Also, contrary to his bigger-than-life, rock-star image, he is a goofball -- he will get up in a karaoke bar and sing a Prince song, complete with falsetto, while people boo him. And he loves to share the spotlight -- with his new band and especially with his 7-year-old son, Jagger. "He's much much cooler than me," Stapp says. "Jagger will come onstage and tear it up."

Stapp calls "The Great Divide," released Nov. 22 via Wind-up Records, a true expression of himself. But the problem he faces is that most people at radio and retail don't know who Stapp is; they just know Creed.

"Listeners think it's the new Creed record," says JJ Morgan, PD at KFBZ Wichita, Kan., says of the reaction to the title track. "They don't necessarily know the name [Scott Stapp], but they know he's the voice of Creed."

That's not surprising, given that Creed sold more than 30 million albums between its start in 1995 and 2004, when the band officially called it quits.

Radio support has been mixed, pushing the track only to No. 20 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and No. 35 on the Adult Top 40 list. "People seem to have some sort of preconceived notion about Scott Stapp," WRQC Fort Myers, Fla., PD Lance Hale says, "and it's not positive."

Maybe the fans have yet to forgive Stapp for mumbling lyrics and rolling on the ground during a Creed show in Chicago in December 2002. Some Creed fans were so disappointed that they filed a class-action lawsuit, which was dismissed in 2003.

Stapp remembers that show well. In 2002, he injured his back in a car crash. Around the same time he developed a nodule on his vocal chord. To keep touring, Stapp says, a "rock'n'roll" doctor prescribed him the anti-inflammatory steroid Prednisone.

"I thought they were trying to help me," he says. "I was in a lot of pain. I didn't find out until months later, when I was bloated and losing my mind, that the Prednisone was killing me." (The doctor who prescribed the drug to Stapp has since lost his license.)

That was the Stapp who lay on the ground during that Chicago show. Perception is a funny thing, he says.

The audience thought they saw a man giving up on them. But Stapp says what he saw was the world giving up on him.

"I asked the band, 'Do you have my back?' I asked my business associates in the audience, 'Do you have my back?' I felt no one had my back. That's why I laid down on my back. I sang the rest of the song with all my might, because I'd never let the fans down. I felt alone."

With "The Great Divide," Stapp says he has once again channeled his darkest moments into rock songs.

Stapp also invests his spirituality into his work. In fact, his first solo outing was "Relearn Love," a track he recorded for "The Passion of the Christ: Songs," a collection inspired by Mel Gibson's 2004 film.

"I am a Christian. But isn't all music, all art, spiritual?" he says. "I don't have an agenda in my music to make people believe what I believe. I'm just sharing my life experiences."

By the way if u wanna see this article for yourself, it's on Billboard.com

Ana4Stapp
12-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow that prednisone's story again???? :eek:

titan9
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
That's been posted before, hasn't it? It's on Billboard.com.

Steve
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
This is one reason why it gets harder and harder to defend Stapp:

I felt no one had my back. That's why I laid down on my back. I sang the rest of the song with all my might, because I'd never let the fans down. I felt alone."

This is just BS. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions that night, he's going to say that he laid down on the stage because the band, fans, and business associates 'didn't have his back' .... He laid down on the stage because he was drunk/high out of his mind.

adparaiki
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM

This is just BS. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions that night, he's going to say that he laid down on the stage because the band, fans, and business associates 'didn't have his back' .... He laid down on the stage because he was drunk/high out of his mind.

he was druged up with prescribed drugs that were kiling him

Trimontana
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
he was druged up with prescribed drugs that were kiling him

an adult knows when stop taking those drugs. it doesnt matter if they are prescripted or not. we know about his addiction to drink and that mixed with drugs is bad cocktail. i dont deffend him in here, it was his fault. noone couldn't help him in any way at that time, he is very selfish to accuse the rest of the band for it.

IamFilthy
12-13-2005, 08:49 PM

Were you actually there,...or do you just believe whateveryone else says?

IamFilthy
12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
an adult knows when stop taking those drugs. it doesnt matter if they are prescripted or not. we know about his addiction to drink and that mixed with drugs is bad cocktail. i dont deffend him in here, it was his fault. noone couldn't help him in any way at that time, he is very selfish to accuse the rest of the band for it.

WhAt???....have you ever heard of,...[B]ADDICTION!???? :eek:

Trimontana
12-14-2005, 03:09 AM
WhAt???....have you ever heard of,...[B]ADDICTION!???? :eek:
yeah, i know whats an addiction my dear. i may say that Stapp is addicted to many things: drink, lie and take predigsodone(i dunno the spelling,sorry) and what else we dunno :rolleyes: so if he had such an addiction why he doesnt recognize it instead to take the easy way that is accuse the band and such. he will never take responsability for his actions and its a shame that an adult with a kid acts like that.

Trimontana
12-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Were you actually there,...or do you just believe whateveryone else says?

i have read like more than 20 reviews of the infamous Chicago gig and all are the same...Stapp was highly drunk, stinking ...people from 1st row could smell it. his performance was pathetic and at one point he came out on stage without shoes, on white socks. man, its time after so many years and that finally you accept what really hapenned there.

Steve
12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
^^ What she said.

guitardude1985
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
You know, call me cazy but I do feel sorry for stapp. I'm not the biggest fan of stapp and do think he is a good vocalist and a lyricist. But, all this hell surrounding him never seems to go away. Maybe an intervention is in order?

shiver
12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
You reap what sow.

Or as a wise man once said,
"Karma."
-Earl

Dogstar
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
i have read like more than 20 reviews of the infamous Chicago gig and all are the same...Stapp was highly drunk, stinking ...people from 1st row could smell it. his performance was pathetic and at one point he came out on stage without shoes, on white socks. man, its time after so many years and that finally you accept what really hapenned there.

Word.

IamFilthy
12-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't care what reviews say about that Chicago show,...its about Stapp, and I feel only Stapp can answer that,...and until he does say he was drunk off his A$$,....I wn't jump on the bandwagon. But even if he was drunk during that show, I would have loved to have been there to see it firsthand and you wouldn't hear me bitching about it. But thats just me....

Trimontana
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Then, after read your post i a can understand that you dont believe what people that were there have to say about the gig. You just care about Stapp and his word. Then i believe that you have an obsession with Stapp and you dont really care what he does or says cause you will defend him to dead. Ok, then is silly try to make see the reality. All the people that think like you are the reason why Stapp acts like he does...he knows them are gonna be there whatever he does and says, even if he acts like an irresponsible prick all the time.