Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott's AIM Interview... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott's AIM Interview...

Stappishot
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
PeteInMusic: hey scott! you there?
ScottStapp73: how you doing?
ScottStapp73: let's do this
PeteInMusic: i'm good - so your new album just came out over the Thanksgiving holiday
PeteInMusic: did you have to spend the holiday promoting the album?
PeteInMusic: or did you get to hang with your family?
ScottStapp73: No, I spent it with my son and my family - but I'm back to promoting now
PeteInMusic: cool - i read that you sung the national anthem at the Nascar Miami Ford 400 a week ago - what was that like?
ScottStapp73: Well, I was a little nervous that I'd forget the words
ScottStapp73: but I didn't! It was pretty cool when the jets flew overhead
PeteInMusic: nice
PeteInMusic: that must of been a career highlight
ScottStapp73: most definitely!
PeteInMusic: Being a solo artist is a first for you. As your album has just hit stores, and you enter a new chapter in your life, what feelings are going through you right now?
ScottStapp73: I'm excited about the future...
ScottStapp73: and i'm just relieved the album's finally out - my solo career has begun!
ScottStapp73: whoops, just spilled a soda
ScottStapp73: no major damage
PeteInMusic: ha! that would of sucked - congrats on the album - it's a big accomplishment - what was the hardest part of making the transistion from being in a band to a solo artist?
ScottStapp73: there really wasn't a big transition
PeteInMusic: no?
ScottStapp73: i didn't change the way i created - just the players are different
ScottStapp73: in my opinion all equally talented
PeteInMusic: where did your new band come from?
ScottStapp73: old friends - they toured with us and we stayed in touch
PeteInMusic: they were in another band before?
ScottStapp73: yeah, Goneblind
PeteInMusic: i heard that jamie foxx was going to make a guest appearance on the new album?
ScottStapp73: we had run into each other at a Miami Heat game - we had talked about him dropping by the studio to hang out
ScottStapp73: and rumors turned that into him being on the record...
ScottStapp73: it didn't actually happen but it definitely woulda been fun if we had been able to work it out
PeteInMusic: for sure - is there anyone you would like to collaborate with one day - who's at the top of the list?
ScottStapp73: oh definitely -
ScottStapp73: u2 ... jimmy page ... sting ... and can't forget dave grohl!
PeteInMusic: that's a great list - ever meet any of them?
ScottStapp73: all of them at one point or another
PeteInMusic: ahhh...the benefit of being a rockstar =)
ScottStapp73: yeah you don't even know...
PeteInMusic: have you ever been star-struck meeting someone else?
ScottStapp73: dave grohl
ScottStapp73:
PeteInMusic: no kidding - i heard he's a really laid back guy
ScottStapp73: yeah me too
PeteInMusic: anyway - the new single, "the great divide" is a great song - it definitely doesn't seem to stray at all from the Creed sound - was that done on purpose?
ScottStapp73: the creed sound is my sound
ScottStapp73: so it was only natural that i'd bring it to my solo career as well
PeteInMusic: makes total sense
PeteInMusic: the whole creed break-up was pretty rocky - the rest of the band + the press wasn't very nice at times
PeteInMusic: what was it like on a personal level to go through all of that?
ScottStapp73: it hurt very much - but without that experience in my life, i would not be where i am today
ScottStapp73: and been able to create The Great Divide
PeteInMusic: so, in a way, you see it all as a positive thing?
ScottStapp73: very
ScottStapp73: and i'm all about the future now
PeteInMusic: I know you've gone through your share of health problems in the past too - at what point did it really get bad, and what did you do to get past it?
ScottStapp73: it was bad for a couple of years
ScottStapp73: and with the involvement of the best medical care and exercise i was able to overcome my illness -
ScottStapp73: and i'm just trying to live one day at a time ...
PeteInMusic: is there any more advice you want to give to fans that might have gone through the same things you were going through?
PeteInMusic: i know part of what you were going through had to deal with a medication called Prednison..
ScottStapp73: get help when you need it
PeteInMusic: was it hard to ask for help when you were wrapped into the peak of Creed's success?
PeteInMusic: there must of been so many outside pressures...
ScottStapp73: no, it wasn't hard -
ScottStapp73: i did ask my friends for help, and they were more concerned about money than my health
ScottStapp73: but that's the past, everyone makes mistakes, i know i've made plenty
PeteInMusic: so looking into the future - what are your tour plans?
ScottStapp73: the tour will begin in late feb / early march next year
ScottStapp73: we'll be doing a handful of surprise shows all over the country
ScottStapp73: in smaller venues - we'll be doing songs i wrote in the past, as well as the new album
PeteInMusic: how much of your live show will be composed of creed songs?
ScottStapp73: i'll mix it up - the entire new album, and then we'll probably do between 6-8 of my creed songs depending on the night
PeteInMusic: that's great to hear - i wasn't so sure if you were going to play the old stuff
ScottStapp73: i can't think of any reason not to play the songs that i've written
ScottStapp73: that i enjoy playing and that i still want to perform for the fans
PeteInMusic: the only reason i said that because -
PeteInMusic: your former bandmate, mark tremonti was quoted as saying that the 2 of you had an agreement - if the band wasn't together anymore, it would be unfair to Creed fans to still perform Creed songs.
ScottStapp73: the agreement was just, if one of us died
ScottStapp73: there was also an agreement, we'd never announce a breakup - but I guess Mark interpreted that in a way that would benefit him (like he did with that issue you mentioned)
PeteInMusic: why didn't you want to announce a break-up?
ScottStapp73: let's talk about the present - but to answer your question - we were four young college kids who made a pact that we were going to stay together forever
ScottStapp73: and never announce a breakup, to preserve our legacy...
PeteInMusic: there are still people that label your music as Christian Rock - do you see that as a negative genre of music to be put into - or are you ok if people perceive you this way
ScottStapp73: i can't effect people's perceptions - i can just be who i am
ScottStapp73: and i don't care how they label me
PeteInMusic: well, for the record, i really dig the new album - track 10 is my favorite - "broken" - it sounds like your next big rock ballad!
ScottStapp73: thank you very much -
PeteInMusic: do you get influenced by other music you listen to when writing?
ScottStapp73: i don't listen to music
PeteInMusic: really? none at all?
ScottStapp73: i spend so much time writing , creating and rehearsing my own
ScottStapp73: that when i'm alone - i prefer silence
PeteInMusic: what about movies, do you make time for watching a movie now and then?
ScottStapp73: i love watching movies! the last movie i saw was The Score -
ScottStapp73: DeNiro, Ed Norton, and Brando
ScottStapp73: shot by Scorsese - brilliant!
PeteInMusic: how about your favortie movie of all time?
ScottStapp73: The Godfather Trilogy -
ScottStapp73: and Scarface...
PeteInMusic: into the mob movies eh?
ScottStapp73: yeah
ScottStapp73: they're so insightful
PeteInMusic: so looking into the future, what goals do you want to accomplish in your life - even beyond this solo release?
ScottStapp73: i want to coach my kid's high school football team
ScottStapp73: and win some state championships!
ScottStapp73: and of course next year's tour!
PeteInMusic: ok - one final question that i have to ask - would you like to see Creed get back together one day?
ScottStapp73: right now it's just something i can't really give an answer to
ScottStapp73: i'm just focused on the new album
ScottStapp73: peace everybody - thanks!
PeteInMusic: thanks Scott - take care
ScottStapp73: thanks to all the fans out there - you rock!

PeteInMusic works in our radio department and has never won a state football championship.

What did you think about this AIM Interview? Send us your feedback.

if(window.sb_id) {sb_end();}Smartbox™ Suggestions
What is this?

evyllsummer
12-09-2005, 11:10 PM
my only bitch about that interview:

The Score was most certainly NOT directed by Martin Scorsese...(sigh)...it was directed by Frank "The Voice Of Yoda And Miss Piggy" Oz...

Dogstar
12-09-2005, 11:21 PM
LOL, thanks for posting that, Stappishot.

Stappishot
12-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Why all of a sudden he wants to collaborate with Grohl after saying all that shit about him having a little dick on NATIONAL, TV!

If Stapp wants to collaborate with Grohl, he's gonna have to try hard.

Stappishot
12-09-2005, 11:25 PM
LOL, thanks for posting that, Stappishot.

Ur Welcome.

Steve
12-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Just to note, if anyone asks, yes this interview is real. It can be found on AOL's Music site:

http://music.aol.com/artists/aim_celebrity_interview/scott_stapp

RMadd
12-10-2005, 04:11 AM
so if i add him to my buddy list, i can chat w/ him whenever? lol

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:13 AM
ScottStapp73: i'll mix it up - the entire new album, and then we'll probably do between 6-8 of my creed songs depending on the night
PeteInMusic: that's great to hear - i wasn't so sure if you were going to play the old stuff
ScottStapp73: i can't think of any reason not to play the songs that i've written
ScottStapp73: that i enjoy playing and that i still want to perform for the fans

:eek: Those songs arent 'his Creed' songs...they are Creed songs!!!!!

Robin101
12-10-2005, 10:00 AM
First of all, thanks for posting the interview. :)

He's always maintained that he will perform Creed songs on tour. Perhaps my view on this is selfish, but I never saw Creed live so I have no objections to that - I'd love to hear them.

I found it interesting that he made a statement about the break-up. Stapp's always said that the guys announced the split without his consent.

I think Mark and Flip announced it from Mark's home.
Perhaps this is Stapp's way of 'getting one back' at them.

As for the remark about Grohl - tongue-in-cheek.

Take Care

titan9
12-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Pretty good interview overall, although I have to say that I wasn't happy with a couple of parts. I'm getting tired of him acting like "the Creed songs are his and his alone". As far as we know, he only wrote the lyrics for the Creed songs and the vocal melodies, but Mark wrote the actual MUSIC. Therefore, imo, the songs belong to both Mark and him. About this agreement...Scott claims that it would only come into play if one of them died, but Mark obviously tells it differently. There's no telling who to believe, but I'm leaning toward Mark. Lastly, as I've said since the issue of Scott playing Creed songs on tour came up, I am completely against it. I did not have the opportunity to ever see Creed live, and that is something I regret. However, I think it is disrespectful to Mark, Flip and Brian, as well as some Creed fans(including myself), for Scott to play these songs on the tour, particularly 6-8 of them. Don't get me wrong, I'll still go to a Stapp concert when he comes to my area, but I will not be cheering when he plays a Creed song. Matter of fact, if he even touches a song like MOP or One.....I'll walk out. The only people who should be playing those songs, imo, is the original Creed. And considering they will probably never get back together, those songs should never be played live again. Not by Stapp, not by AB. Only by Creed.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Pretty good interview overall, although I have to say that I wasn't happy with a couple of parts. I'm getting tired of him acting like "the Creed songs are his and his alone". As far as we know, he only wrote the lyrics for the Creed songs and the vocal melodies, but Mark wrote the actual MUSIC. Therefore, imo, the songs belong to both Mark and him. About this agreement...Scott claims that it would only come into play if one of them died, but Mark obviously tells it differently. There's no telling who to believe, but I'm leaning toward Mark. Lastly, as I've said since the issue of Scott playing Creed songs on tour came up, I am completely against it. I did not have the opportunity to ever see Creed live, and that is something I regret. However, I think it is disrespectful to Mark, Flip and Brian, as well as some Creed fans(including myself), for Scott to play these songs on the tour, particularly 6-8 of them. Don't get me wrong, I'll still go to a Stapp concert when he comes to my area, but I will not be cheering when he plays a Creed song. Matter of fact, if he even touches a song like MOP or One.....I'll walk out. The only people who should be playing those songs, imo, is the original Creed. And considering they will probably never get back together, those songs should never be played live again. Not by Stapp, not by AB. Only by Creed.

Love your words! ;)

Robin101
12-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'll still go to a Stapp concert when he comes to my area, but I will not be cheering when he plays a Creed song. Matter of fact, if he even touches a song like MOP or One.....I'll walk out.

What if he starts the gig with a Creed song.......will you walk out and come back in when he finishes, or leave completely?

bobben
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'll still go to a Stapp concert when he comes to my area, but I will not be cheering when he plays a Creed song. Matter of fact, if he even touches a song like MOP or One.....I'll walk out.

Well...MOP is maybe (together with WAWO) the most Scott Stapp-song than any of the other Creed songs!!! It's almost his early-years-bio written as a song...

RMadd
12-10-2005, 01:39 PM
:eek: Those songs arent 'his Creed' songs...they are Creed songs!!!!!
well, in all fairness, he did write the lyrics and, if i'm not mistaken, all the tracks were published by Stapp/Tremonti (or Tremonti/Stapp... check your liner notes), so he does have every legal right to perform them, and every legal right to say they're his.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 01:52 PM
well, in all fairness, he did write the lyrics and, if i'm not mistaken, all the tracks were published by Stapp/Tremonti (or Tremonti/Stapp... check your liner notes), so he does have every legal right to perform them, and every legal right to say they're his.

Well...he has legal rights about his those songs, and also Tremonti, but its not my point, I think now he has his own songs to perform on tour, AB also performs their own songs, not Creed or MF4 songs.

RMadd
12-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Well...he has legal rights about his those songs, and also Tremonti, but its not my point, I think now he has his own songs to perform on tour, AB also performs their own songs, not Creed or MF4 songs.
ahhh.... well.... you know

titan9
12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
What if he starts the gig with a Creed song.......will you walk out and come back in when he finishes, or leave completely?

I'll only walk out if he plays a classic like MOP or One. If he plays another Creed song...I won't walk out, but I will boo. I would hope, though, that he saves the Creed stuff for "encores" and doesn't start off with that stuff.

It's not a matter of legalities, as far as I'm concerned. It is rather a matter of respect. To me, it is disrespectful to Creed's legacy to go and perform those songs without 3/4 of the original band. That's just my opinion, though.

Well...MOP is maybe (together with WAWO) the most Scott Stapp-song than any of the other Creed songs!!! It's almost his early-years-bio written as a song...

I wouldn't have a problem with WAWO or even Lullaby....but MOP would really piss me off. That is my favorite Creed song and I can't stand the thought of him playing that song without Mark on guitar, or Scott on drums or Brian on bass. Especially with Goneblind, a band that can't even play "Higher" right.

Robin101
12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Stapp has said 6-8 Creed songs on tour. I think he'll definitely play WAWO and Higher - the rest I'm not sure about. I also have a feeling that he'll perform Signs (I read in an interview that's his favourite song live)

I expect that a majority of the remainder would consist of Weathered tracks.

uncertaindrumer
12-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I should stop reading Stapp interviews... I like him less everytime... and that is saying something.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I should stop reading Stapp interviews... I like him less everytime... and that is saying something.

You are not alone... ;)

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Stapp has every legal right to perform Creed songs. Like I've said in the past... Chris Cornell has performed Rage Against the Machine songs... as well as Soundgarden songs. Jerry Cantrell has also performed some Alice in Chains songs. If Kurt Cobain was still arond and Nirvana was no longer together... I would have no problem hearing him perform some old songs. It doesn't hurt me. If Stapp choses to play Creed songs... it's not going to make things even worse between him and Tremonti. I found it disrepectful for Mark and Flip to allow Stapp to continue touring despite the fact that his health was at stake. That's like leaving a starting pitcher in a game for 13 innings. A band is a team effort... and they should look out for each other. They were all selfish in one way or another. Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's music equally... but I don't see why it's okay for guys like Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell to perform songs from their old bands... yet when Stapp wants to do it... he's being disrespectful to the entire world. I don't see the logic behind that double standard.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Stapp has every legal right to perform Creed songs. Like I've said in the past... Chris Cornell has performed Rage Against the Machine songs... as well as Soundgarden songs. Jerry Cantrell has also performed some Alice in Chains songs. If Kurt Cobain was still arond and Nirvana was no longer together... I would have no problem hearing him perform some old songs. It doesn't hurt me. If Stapp choses to play Creed songs... it's not going to make things even worse between him and Tremonti. I found it disrepectful for Mark and Flip to allow Stapp to continue touring despite the fact that his health was at stake. That's like leaving a starting pitcher in a game for 13 innings. A band is a team effort... and they should look out for each other. They were all selfish in one way or another. Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's music equally... but I don't see why it's okay for guys like Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell to perform songs from their old bands... yet when Stapp wants to do it... he's being disrespectful to the entire world. I don't see the logic behind that double standard.

why is he going to perform Creed songs? Is this a more easy way to come back to hit parade? I mean geting success? He has a cd , so he has to promote this, he needs to look in another direction, showing his talent...
Go ahead Stapp...Creed is over...

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
why is he going to perform Creed songs? Is this a more easy way to come back to hit parade? I mean geting success? He has a cd , so he has to promote this, he needs to look in another direction, showing his talent...
Go ahead Stapp...Creed is over...

Why is Cornell performing Rage Against the Machine songs? Why is Weiland performing Stone Temple Pilots songs? They feel like it... a lot of people enjoyed those songs. They have the right to perform those songs. What is Stapp going to do? Headline a concert and play 10 songs in like 45 minutes?

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Why is Cornell performing Rage Against the Machine songs? Why is Weiland performing Stone Temple Pilots songs? They feel like it... a lot of people enjoyed those songs. They have the right to perform those songs. What is Stapp going to do? Headline a concert and play 10 songs in like 45 minutes?

You see AB playing Creed songs?

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
You see AB playing Creed songs?

Why is Cornell allowed to play Rage Against the Machine songs? Is that fair to Zach de la Rocha fans? Is Weiland being fair to STP fans?

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Why is Cornell allowed to play Rage Against the Machine songs? Is that fair to Zach de la Rocha fans? Is Weiland being fair to STP fans?

I cant see you answering my question.... :rolleyes:

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I cant see you answering my question.... :rolleyes:

Nor can I see you answering mine. No Alter Bridge hasn't played any Creed songs... but then again... they've also put more songs on One Day Remains. You answer my question. Is it fair to Rage Against the Machine fans that Cornell performs "Killing in the Name Of?"

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Nor can I see you answering mine. No Alter Bridge hasn't played any Creed songs... but then again... they've also put more songs on One Day Remains. You answer my question. Is it fair to Rage Against the Machine fans that Cornell performs "Killing in the Name Of?"

Lol...I was waiting for that...lol :D Well, you know that the guys made an agreement that was for avoid playing Creed songs...and seems Stapp forgot that...but okay I can understand if he plays WAWO and Lullaby...

Im not sure about RATM and Cornell but seems they didnt do an agreement or something... :confused:

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Lol...I was waiting for that...lol :D Well, you know that the guys made an agreement that was for avoid playing Creed songs...and seems Stapp forgot that...but okay I can understand if he plays WAWO and Lullaby...

Im not sure about RATM and Cornell but seems they didnt do an agreement or something... :confused:

According to Stapp, the agreement was to NOT play Creed songs if Tremonti or Stapp died. I don't know if that's true or not. There's no legal, written agreement here. Shaking hands on something is completely different that a signed, written contract. You're making it sound like Stapp and Tremonti are bound by their blood or something. It's the same for Cornell and Weiland. Do YOU, Ana... find it appropriate for Chris Cornell to perform songs from Rage Against the Machine?

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
According to Stapp, the agreement was to NOT play Creed songs if Tremonti or Stapp died. I don't know if that's true or not. There's no legal, written agreement here. Shaking hands on something is completely different that a signed, written contract. You're making it sound like Stapp and Tremonti are bound by their blood or something. It's the same for Cornell and Weiland. Do YOU, Ana... find it appropriate for Chris Cornell to perform songs from Rage Against the Machine?

Well..Ill .go in parts :D

First...No I dont think its cool that Cornell performs RATM songs

Second...okay they didnt do an legal agreement..its true...but so are u saying to me that is right to give one's word and after that forgot this? Just because it wasnt written in a contract? Its disappointing, Chase...

Chase
12-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Well..Ill .go in parts :D

First...No I dont think its cool that Cornell performs RATM songs

Second...okay they didnt made an legal agreement..its true...but so are u saying to me that is right to give one's word and after that forgot this? Just because it wasnt written in a contract? Its disappointing, Chase...

Yes... it's disappointing to a degree... but it's also legal for him to do. Stapp has 10 songs on "The Great Divide." He has to compensate the lack of solo material for him for perform a full set of songs live. It's either he performs 6 cover songs... or some Creed songs... or a mix of songs. Either way... he's got a limited amount of solo material. We will see what happens once he starts going on tour.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes... it's disappointing to a degree... but it's also legal for him to do. Stapp has 10 songs on "The Great Divide." He has to compensate the lack of solo material for him for perform a full set of songs live. It's either he performs 6 cover songs... or some Creed songs... or a mix of songs. Either way... he's got a limited amount of solo material. We will see what happens once he starts going on tour.

So he and WU must do it in a different way...maybe writing 12 or 14 songs in his cd...or maybe performing another songs...like ..humm...Doors songs (as he used to do in Creed days) and not its not the same of performing Creed songs...

Muad'Dib
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM

With respect to Cornell and Weiland they did wait until release of VR and AS second albums before they started to cover songs from their previous bands.

Although you do have a point, if he wishes to play them on tour then so be it. Dissapointing that its not Creed playing them, but if he wants to play them he can. Interesting to see if it will be well recieved by concert goers.

IamFilthy
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Scott has said several times that he is gonna do Creed songs, so enough complaining already please

Rocketqueen
12-10-2005, 10:46 PM
it was to long i did,nt read it all i quit reading at. That When Im Alone I prefer silence

Dogstar
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
With respect to Cornell and Weiland they did wait until release of VR and AS second albums before they started to cover songs from their previous bands.
Not to mention that it's been YEARS since their respective break-ups. For a lot of fans, the Creed break-up remains too fresh. Plus, I was under the impression that they had a gentleman's agreed not to play the songs if they did indeed go their separate ways. If that was the case, then I don't think it's right for Stapp to perform them, legal or otherwise.

Although you do have a point, if he wishes to play them on tour then so be it. Dissapointing that its not Creed playing them, but if he wants to play them he can. Interesting to see if it will be well recieved by concert goers.
I won't like it, that's for sure. If I'm there, I'm not sure how I would react. I know I wouldn't be happy hearing Torn or One without the rest of Creed.

TeriB19
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Not to mention that it's been YEARS since their respective break-ups. For a lot of fans, the Creed break-up remains too fresh. Plus, I was under the impression that they had a gentleman's agreed not to play the songs if they did indeed go their separate ways. If that was the case, then I don't think it's right for Stapp to perform them, legal or otherwise.

I won't like it, that's for sure. If I'm there, I'm not sure how I would react. I know I wouldn't be happy hearing Torn or One without the rest of Creed.
Word. And as far as a gentleman's agreement, I think that went out the window when Stapp appeared on CC in the condition he did. That was no gentleman, that IMO was a man out of control.

Dogstar
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Word. And as far as a gentleman's agreement, I think that went out the window when Stapp appeared on CC in the condition he did. That was no gentleman, that IMO was a man out of control.
For real!

Muad'Dib
12-10-2005, 11:57 PM

Yeah like I said will be interesting, I presume majority of people that would go to a Stapp concert would be previous Creed fans so the reactions are going to be interesting.

Agree, although I did find it quite funny ;)

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes, there were a few parts that were humorous. :D

Rocketqueen
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
which parts Doggy

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 01:50 AM
which parts Doggy
Well, the part where Beth the hostess asked him about whether his bandmates were bitter about the breakup and what-not and a slobbering Scott leaned over and got in her face and said, are your ex-boyfriends bitter? They didn't ask the most original questions of him, lol.

Muad'Dib
12-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Love when he throws chips at dealer and she gives them back to him :D

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:13 AM
And when he was trying to eat the chips, haha.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:15 AM
I don't see a problem with Stapp singing Creed songs live...and I don't understand why he constantly has to imply that he wrote the music AND the lyrics which gives him the right to play them...I think everyone would accept that he wrote the lyrics, and that's plenty of reason to do them live...I remember when David Lee Roth left VH, and his mentality was that he wrote all the lyrics to those songs, so he had every right to perform them, just like Van Hagar would do DLR-era VH songs live...like Chase said, VR does STP songs and GNR songs, Audioslave does Soundgarden and RATM, Sting performs Police songs, Robert Plant performs Led Zeppelin songs, Lou Gramm performs Foreigner songs and the "new" Foreigner does "old" Foreigner, the "new Journey" does Perry-era stuff, etc...whatever agreement that Stapp and Mark had was probably more of a "gentleman's agreement", and it looks like Stapp changed his mind...no biggie...anyway, Mark doesn't do the Creed stuff because he doesn't want to, not necessarily because of some agreement that Stapp and he had...

ctfan
12-11-2005, 03:50 AM
Thanks for posting the interview, it was a nice read. :)

Stapp can perform Creed songs as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a rats backside why he does them, or how many, or which ones. I know I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of hearing them again.

As far as "the handshake", or any "agreement" Tremo, Phillips and Marshall may have had with Stapp...pffft, it's not gonna hurt my feelings not seeing those 3 perform any Creed song because I like Goneblind just fine. :)

As much hatred as Tremo & Co seem to have for Stapp, you'd think they wouldn't give a damn. And please spare me the "they won't perform them out of respect and fairness to the fans" line either. I think Mark knows that Myles can't sing them, and they sound right. People would be like "wtf is this?".lol.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 07:59 AM
I think Mark knows that Myles can't sing them, and they sound right. People would be like "wtf is this?".lol.

wrong...sing the opening verses to "My Own Prison", then sing the opening verses to "Broken Wings"...I think you'll find that they're in a comparable register, unless you're pitch deaf...

Bullets
12-11-2005, 10:18 AM
wrong...sing the opening verses to "My Own Prison", then sing the opening verses to "Broken Wings"...I think you'll find that they're in a comparable register, unless you're pitch deaf...

Yeah but thats a verse...Listen to the two chorus' and they're vastly different. Scott is rough and deep, Myles in BW goes high and clean - It just wouldn't work.

Robin101
12-11-2005, 11:30 AM
As I 've said before, it may be selfish, but I don't have a problem with Stapp doing Creed songs on tour - I never saw them live.

It would be different if AB performed Creed songs. Only because I can't imagine Myle's, as talented as he is, performing them to the same level as Stapp - they're too different.

Also, you're talking about a 'gentleman's agreement' - what about Tremo and Flip announcing the break-up of Creed without Scott's consent?

Take Care

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah but thats a verse...Listen to the two chorus' and they're vastly different. Scott is rough and deep, Myles in BW goes high and clean - It just wouldn't work.

(sigh)...MY point is that he can hit the notes...oh, I know there's a BIG difference in the choruses...Stapp can't go that high, but Myles can get that LOW...that's my point...

Also, you're talking about a 'gentleman's agreement' - what about Tremo and Flip announcing the break-up of Creed without Scott's consent?

well, until I've heard that from Mark, I'm a bit dubious as to this "new" information from a PROVEN liar...

Robin101
12-11-2005, 02:28 PM
well, until I've heard that from Mark, I'm a bit dubious as to this "new" information from a PROVEN liar...

If you go to mtv.com and go to the feature 'Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence'
the opening paragraph reads "When Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips announced the breakup of Creed from Tremonti's Orlando, Florida, home...

Take Care

freedom fighter
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Just like Dio sings Rainbow songs or Black Sabbath songs on his tour, Stapp can sing Creed songs in his tour. I can't believe someone has a problem with this.

evyllsummer
12-12-2005, 01:54 AM
If you go to mtv.com and go to the feature 'Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence'
the opening paragraph reads "When Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips announced the breakup of Creed from Tremonti's Orlando, Florida, home...

Take Care

uh, yeah, I know what HE'S saying, as I read article when it first came out...that's my point, though, the story that they agreed that the breakup would NOT be announced is ONLY coming from the Stapp camp...nowhere did Mark say when he announced that Creed broke up that he had an agreement with Stapp to NOT announce it...THAT agreement has only been suggested by Stapp

Just like Dio sings Rainbow songs or Black Sabbath songs on his tour, Stapp can sing Creed songs in his tour. I can't believe someone has a problem with this.

ooh, forgot about that one...but, yeah, I don't see the problem with him doing Creed songs...in fact, I was listening to an acoustic version of MOP today, and he sounded really good on that, and I was thinking that it's a good thing that the hardcore Creed fans can go to a Stapp concert and hear that stuff if they want to...

sina2b
12-12-2005, 02:10 AM
They had no agreement, if they did have an official agreement you can be sure that stapp would take them to court considering the ass he is.

And theres nothing wrong with stapp doing creed songs, but when I saw him do higher with gone blind he made a fool of himself and disrespected the song by singing it with a bunch of people who dont even know how to play it. If it was my a song that I had written I'd have much more respect and value for it, but then again he might of not even been aware that gone blind sucked at it considering that in my oponion hes not a technical musician, he just has a good voice.

alterbridge9
12-12-2005, 03:06 AM
I just read this interview. Scott sure does come across as an arrogant prick

alterbridge9
12-12-2005, 03:09 AM
And is he seriously claiming he wrote ALL Creed songs? There is no way in hell he wrote ANY of the riffs on any Creed albums. He should be able to play those songs live if he wants, but to say that he wrote them all is just totally lame.

I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he really took a nose dive in the wrong direction

His album is going to bomb and nobody is going to go to his gay concerts

evyllsummer
12-12-2005, 03:23 AM
They had no agreement, if they did have an official agreement you can be sure that stapp would take them to court considering the ass he is.

that's a good point...

when I saw him do higher with gone blind he made a fool of himself and disrespected the song by singing it with a bunch of people who dont even know how to play it.

yeah, that performance WAS a little off...hopefully, he'll take this two months or so before his tour to work with a vocal coach to strengthen him up for the tour...

sina2b
12-12-2005, 04:06 AM
And is he seriously claiming he wrote ALL Creed songs? There is no way in hell he wrote ANY of the riffs on any Creed albums. He should be able to play those songs live if he wants, but to say that he wrote them all is just totally lame.

I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he really took a nose dive in the wrong direction

His album is going to bomb and nobody is going to go to his gay concerts

Generally I think that these guys dont have any agreements on anything, as they once loved each other, never thought theyd break up and overall they were kids back then with no experience, and the fact that they dont have an agreement is why theyre all claiming whatever the hell they want to claim, because nothings written down on paper in a legal form. However besides all that, if we use our own brains and exclude what stapp or tremonti has to say, we all know that Stapp can't even write a song on his own today, not to mention 10 years ago. But every moran would learn after 10 years and so did Stapp (a lil bit) and thats when he started influencing the songs as we can clearly see in wethered when you compare it too human clay or MOP; the guys couldnt take his input and split. Now compare AB and Scott (TGD), whose writing better songs? TGD might be creedish but it sure isnt even close to what mark wrote; maybe it sounds the same to a novice but i can sure distinct them from one another and Im no Rock Pro.

Chase
12-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Generally I think that these guys dont have any agreements on anything, as they once loved each other, never thought theyd break up and overall they were kids back then with no experience, and the fact that they dont have an agreement is why theyre all claiming whatever the hell they want to claim, because nothings written down on paper in a legal form. However besides all that, if we use our own brains and exclude what stapp or tremonti has to say, we all know that Stapp can't even write a song on his own today, not to mention 10 years ago. But every moran would learn after 10 years and so did Stapp (a lil bit) and thats when he started influencing the songs as we can clearly see in wethered when you compare it too human clay or MOP; the guys couldnt take his input and split. Now compare AB and Scott (TGD), whose writing better songs? TGD might be creedish but it sure isnt even close to what mark wrote; maybe it sounds the same to a novice but i can sure distinct them from one another and Im no Rock Pro.

Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.

Chase
12-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I just read this interview. Scott sure does come across as an arrogant prick

... get off your knees and stop slobin' on Alter Bridge's knob. Scott could donate a million dollars to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and you would still say that.

sina2b
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.

There is no doubt about how their chemistry led to their success, but many factors play a role in a bands success, creed may have not reached the hight they did if they were to form today, you never know. What Im saying is that its really stupid to give stapp any credit for the music on creed, yes he has a good voice and some of his lyrics are really good, but as far as the music Im sure it was all tremonti, mayve after a while he learned something or 2 and then started influencing.

And yes, if I have ever given credit to scott for the music, i have made a mistake, i admit, im sorry.

sina2b
12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
... get off your knees and stop slobin' on Alter Bridge's knob. Scott could donate a million dollars to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and you would still say that.

Exactly, you can't buy everything with money. If stapp donates all his money to a charity there is no need to mention that if he does its more because of the publicity than doing good. If stapp releases a statement and appologizes for his behaviour that would do him much more good than donating millions.

Ana4Stapp
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Exactly, you can't buy everything with money. If stapp donates all his money to a charity there is no need to mention that if he does its more because of the publicity than doing good. If stapp releases a statement and appologizes for his behaviour that would do him much more good than donating millions.

Loving your words, man ;)

Chase
12-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Loving your words, man ;)

You love the fact that he thinks saying "I'm sorry for getting drunk" is better than donating money to a disaster stricken region of chaos? This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys would still criticize the man for doing anything beneficial. Sorry, but in this country... money speaks louder than words. Donating money to a charity benefits more people than him saying "I'm sorry I offended the people who already hate me." There are people who are more important than Creed fans and the Stapp haters. Stapp has donated a lot of time and money in creating a charity for underprivilaged children. Yet... because the man has some flaws... that means that he's not capable of redemption or doing anything right for the rest of his life.

Ana4Stapp
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
You love the fact that he thinks saying "I'm sorry for getting drunk" is better than donating money to a disaster stricken region of chaos? This is exactly what I'm saying. You guys would still criticize the man for doing anything beneficial. Sorry, but in this country... money speaks louder than words. Donating money to a charity benefits more people than him saying "I'm sorry I offended the people who already hate me." There are people who are more important than Creed fans and the Stapp haters. Stapp has donated a lot of time and money in creating a charity for underprivilaged children. Yet... because the man has some flaws... that means that he's not capable of redemption or doing anything right for the rest of his life.

Geez, Chase...you misunderstood completely my words. But ill explain to you, ;) First Im a Creed fan and also a Stapp fan which means i love his songs, and I hope his career can be sucessful...but I cant stand his behaviour, hey, Im not judging Stapp (I cant do that!) right? And its very good that he has this conscience and donate dolars to the needy. I can congratulate him for that. But do you think that after coming drunk on tv this guy can solve this giving dolars?
Its the same of saying that we can do anything imoral cause we can solve this with MONEY??? Is this your point, Chase?
I still his fan but i cant close my eyes to his acts...and I dont think its okay, I dont think its funny promote a cd when you are drunk ...
Of course he is capable of redemption...everyone is...
And honestly, Chase dont u feel yourself disappointed with his latest examples of imaturity? Hes 32 years old now...when will he grow-up?

sina2b
12-12-2005, 04:47 PM

Chase yea you didnt seem to understand us, let me set an example for you.

learning 2+2 is good but learning how to solve double integrals is much better. But that doesnt mean that you should learn double integrals before you learn 2+2. Same for stapp, he has to solve his own issue and save hisself from the whole hes digging for his self before saving others. How could some one possibly worry about others in terms of donations when theyve screwed all their own friends and the people around them. I dont buy that shit.

And yes you do see people donating millions and millions but very few of them are really "GOOD PEOPLE" and do it from their hearts, its mostly because of tax reasons and publicity so dont buy anything you hear on CNN man. If someone trully wants to save others he keeps it to himself, its no ones business and me and you should not worry about who donates and how much, if you think its a good thing you can always donate yourself: www.redcross.com

Chase
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Geez, Chase...you misunderstood completely my words. But ill explain to you, ;) First Im a Creed fan and also a Stapp fan which means i love his songs, and I hope his career can be sucessful...but I cant stand his behaviour, hey, Im not judging Stapp (I cant do that!) right? And its very good that he has this conscience and donate dolars to the needy. I can congratulate him for that. But do you think that after coming drunk on tv this guy can solve this giving dolars?
Its the same of saying that we can do anything imoral cause we can solve this with MONEY??? Is this your point, Chase?
I still his fan but i cant close my eyes to his acts...and I dont think its okay, I dont think its funny promote a cd when you are drunk ...
Of course he is capable of redemption...everyone is...
And honestly, Chase dont u feel yourself disappointed with his latest examples of imaturity? Hes 32 years old now...when will he grow-up?

You guys are assuming that if he was to donate money to hurricane victims, he would only be doing it to win over people... instead of doing out of the goodness of his heart. That's sad that you guys would assume that of him... or anyone for that matter. Immorality comes in different degrees. Stapp showed up on T.V. drunk... he didn't commit murder. I mean, I don't find if funny that Jim Morrison exposed himself on stage, or that Gene Simmons has slept with probably thousands of women. If you guys think Stapp is crazy... then you don't know what the epitome of a wild rock star is. Look at the whole picture. Stapp has been given shit from people ever since Creed's popularity skyrocketed. First he too Christian, then he's too "immoral." No matter what he does... he's wrong. Hey, I don't think it was the best thing for him to show up drunk on T.V. But you know what? Howard Stern is now the highest paid entertainer on the planet... and he does (and says) stuff that is far worse than what Stapp has ever said publicly. You guys keep using Stapp as a scapegoat. I'm disappointed in some of his actions, sure... but I also realize that the man has good in his heart and that it's not my place to judge him to the fullest extent.

Chase
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Chase yea you didnt seem to understand us, let me set an example for you.

learning 2+2 is good but learning how to solve double integrals is much better. But that doesnt mean that you should learn double integrals before you learn 2+2. Same for stapp, he has to solve his own issue and save hisself from the whole hes digging for his self before saving others. How could some one possibly worry about others in terms of donations when theyve screwed all their own friends and the people around them. I dont buy that shit.

And yes you do see people donating millions and millions but very few of them are really "GOOD PEOPLE" and do it from their hearts, its mostly because of tax reasons and publicity so dont buy anything you hear on CNN man. If someone trully wants to save others he keeps it to himself, its no ones business and me and you should not worry about who donates and how much, if you think its a good thing you can always donate yourself: www.redcross.com

He "screwed over" all of his own friends and people around him now? Wow... I'm not going to ask for proof because we all know that you don't have any. First off, I don't watch CNN... and secondly even if someone is donating money for publicity... that's still better than that money NOT GETTING THERE. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted to save others... but I'm pretty sure that it was a good thing that didn't keep it to himself.

sina2b
12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
He "screwed over" all of his own friends and people around him now? Wow... I'm not going to ask for proof because we all know that you don't have any. First off, I don't watch CNN... and secondly even if someone is donating money for publicity... that's still better than that money NOT GETTING THERE. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted to save others... but I'm pretty sure that it was a good thing that didn't keep it to himself.

Now your comparing martin luther king with scott stapp. man your really out of it, do you have a drinking problem yourself?. Whenever i reply to any of your posts It goes on my nerve as to how stupid you are so I will not read them nor respond any further because you dont even seem to listen or consider what people have to say. were debating not fighting man. If you dont have anything to say dont say it rather than coming up with any BS that comes to your mind.

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
You guys are assuming that if he was to donate money to hurricane victims, he would only be doing it to win over people... instead of doing out of the goodness of his heart. That's sad that you guys would assume that of him... or anyone for that matter. Immorality comes in different degrees. Stapp showed up on T.V. drunk... he didn't commit murder. I mean, I don't find if funny that Jim Morrison exposed himself on stage, or that Gene Simmons has slept with probably thousands of women. If you guys think Stapp is crazy... then you don't know what the epitome of a wild rock star is. Look at the whole picture. Stapp has been given shit from people ever since Creed's popularity skyrocketed. First he too Christian, then he's too "immoral." No matter what he does... he's wrong. Hey, I don't think it was the best thing for him to show up drunk on T.V. But you know what? Howard Stern is now the highest paid entertainer on the planet... and he does (and says) stuff that is far worse than what Stapp has ever said publicly. You guys keep using Stapp as a scapegoat. I'm disappointed in some of his actions, sure... but I also realize that the man has good in his heart and that it's not my place to judge him to the fullest extent.

When ur not used to seeing ur favorite celebrity acting they way that they do, and they were warned time and time again by the fans, the fans tend to get sick and tired of defending them, because they were there b4 trying to defend him, and sometimes it just gets so bad that the fans say, enough is enough. As for Howard, he had people pulling the plug on him cause he was to blunt, but the fans (which I am a fan of his show) are used to it, he's been doing this for god knows how long. He doesn't sugar coat. Stapp on the other hand, we have to sometimes catch Stapp off guard in order to see the REAL Stapp, and that's not good.

Chase
12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Now your comparing martin luther king with scott stapp. man your really out of it, do you have a drinking problem yourself?. Whenever i reply to any of your posts It goes on my nerve as to how stupid you are so I will not read them nor respond any further because you dont even seem to listen or consider what people have to say. were debating not fighting man. If you dont have anything to say dont say it rather than coming up with any BS that comes to your mind.

It's easy to recognize a person who's losing a debate once they start personally attacking their opponent. You told me that people who want to save other people keep it to themselves. I responded by telling you that it was a good thing that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a man who wanted to save all people from oppression, did not keep his opinions to himself. History will show you that what he did was not, in fact, B.S. You used a mathematics analogy, and I used one that surrounded around a historical figure. That's like me going "Oh now you're comparing integrals to Scott Stapp!" You and I both know that I'm not comparing Stapp to King. It's called an analogy. Analogies are defined as being examples use to show "similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar."

Ana4Stapp
12-12-2005, 05:07 PM

Chase, you're still misunderstanding my posts... :rolleyes:
But okay, lets try again...

1) I dont think Stapp is crazy...just imature
2) i dont care about Gene Simmons or Jim Morrison, but let me ask u this : would you do something wrong just because you arent the only one??? Is this ?
3) I dont think Stapp is a scapegoat. He did a lot of crap stuff, hes not an inocent man. He has antecedents.
4) Im not saying hes not good in his heart. I sincerely hope he is cause he has a child to raise.
5) Not all rock-stars acts this way.This is not an acceptable excuse for him to use.
6)0 showing up drunk on tv when his cs was released on the prevoius week is not only wrong but extremely disrespectful, iresponsible and disappointing with alot of people who wait for this , people who believe in him, in his talent....btw, Im not sure if Stapp still believe in himself... :rolleyes:

Chase
12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
When ur not used to seeing ur favorite celebrity acting they way that they do, and they were warned time and time again by the fans, the fans tend to get sick and tired of defending them, because they were there b4 trying to defend him, and sometimes it just gets so bad that the fans say, enough is enough. As for Howard, he had people pulling the plug on him cause he was to blunt, but the fans (which I am a fan of his show) are used to it, he's been doing this for god knows how long. He doesn't sugar coat. Stapp on the other hand, we have to sometimes catch Stapp off guard in order to see the REAL Stapp, and that's not good.

Yes... Stern verbally harassing female guests on his show isn't sugar coating. In Howard's case... him having a show in which he does not attempt to annoy and offend would, I suppose, catch us all of guard.

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes... Stern verbally harassing female guests on his show isn't sugar coating. In Howard's case... him having a show in which he does not attempt to annoy and offend would, I suppose, catch us all of guard.

That's the whole point of Howard, u like it or u don't. U don't, ur free to change the channel. He tells like it is. Like it or not.

Chase
12-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Chase, you're still misunderstanding my posts... :rolleyes:
But okay, lets try again...

1) I dont think Stapp is crazy...just imature
2) i dont care about Gene Simmons or Jim Morrison, but let me ask u this : would you do something wrong just because you arent the only one??? Is this ?
3) I dont think Stapp is a scapegoat. He did a lot of crap stuff, hes not an inocent man. He has antecedents.
4) Im not saying hes not good in his heart. I sincerely hope he is cause he has a child to raise.
5) Not all rock-stars acts this way.This is not an acceptable excuse for him to use.
6)0 showing up drunk on tv when his cs was released on the prevoius week is not only wrong but extremely disrespectful, iresponsible and disappointing with alot of people who wait for this , people who believe in him, in his talent....btw, Im not sure if Stapp still believe in himself... :rolleyes:

This is most confident Stapp has ever been. It's apparent in every interview he gives... and I think that's one of the reasons why he's acting the way he is. I'm not saying that he's doing is okay because other people do it... what I'm saying is... when put into context, Scott's actions are extremely minimal. Everyone has antecedents... and preceding occurrences.

I remember this board being basically split between the people who are truely "offended" and with those people who really don't care about what he does in his personal life. I, for one, find it hilarious that the people that have criticizing him since the break-up of Creed (and the emegence of Alter Bridge) are all of sudden so disappointed, distraught, and offended that he showed up drunk to promote his new C.D. One would think that the averge Stapp detractor would be thrilled by these actions.

Chase
12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
That's the whole point of Howard, u like it or u don't. U don't, ur free to change the channel. He tells like it is. Like it or not.

He doesn't tell anything like it is... in his recent interview with Bill O'Reilly, he was saying how he will always have lesbians on his show because he believes that's what the public wants. That's appeasement, not rebellion. He believes that the public likes listening to a Jewish disk jockey chat it up with pornstars. That's why he does what he does.

Ana4Stapp
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
He doesn't tell anything like it is... in his recent interview with Bill O'Reilly, he was saying how he will always have lesbians on his show because he believes that's what the public wants. That's appeasement, not rebellion. He believes that the public likes listening to a Jewish disk jockey chat it up with pornstars. That's why he does what he does.

Oh, this TV show seems to be 'amazing'... :rolleyes:

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 05:42 PM

He does what he does cause that's what he does. He Howard Stern! Nothing surprises me when it comes to HS! He's an ass, and I like him. He tells it like it is like it or not. He's rude, but I like it.

sina2b
12-12-2005, 05:53 PM
He does what he does cause that's what he does. He Howard Stern! Nothing surprises me when it comes to HS! He's an ass, and I like him. He tells it like it is like it or not. He's rude, but I like it.

i agree he tells it like it is, if anyone thinks men don't like to see hot lesbians than theyre living in another world. It might sound inappropriate but it is the truth.

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
i agree he tells it like it is, if anyone thinks men don't like to see hot lesbians than theyre living in another world. It might sound inappropriate but it is the truth.

Right on bro, I'm a girl and I like to see hot lesbians. :D Maybe that's why I like Howard Stern so much.

Chase
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Wow... this is coming from a guy who is crying that Scott Stapp was drunk. I love contradictory, hypocritical, bearers of double standards.

Chase
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM

But when Scott Stapp is rude... the world is apparently coming to an end...

sina2b
12-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow... this is coming from a guy who is crying that Scott Stapp was drunk. I love contradictory, hypocritical, bearers of double standards.

Ive allready told you i will not respond to your BS. But let me make this clear for others.

Theres nothing wrong with being drunk, but there is something wrong with living a double life. If I tell you I hate lesbians but then watch lesbian porn every night you can critisize me on that, my problem with stapp is not him being drunk, doing drugs or living a rock'n'roll life. hell, Im no rockstar but I get drunk and might do drugs from time to time myself! my problem with
stapp is that: what he says and claims and what he does totally contradicts one another and on top of that my main problem is the stupidity that defends and supports him to live a double life.

Im not sure how many times ive mentioned this, but then again you dont think and throw out the first BS that passes through you mind.

uncertaindrumer
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM

Regardless, from this interview he looks like an arrogant piece of crap... and who wants to buy the CD of a guy who almost seems as if he is TRYING to be a total jerk?

Stappishot
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Ok :wtf:.

U see it more and more in his interviews that he is arrogant. He's not the same Scott Stapp that he was when he was in Creed. He's attitude is coming out more and more. Maybe he realizes that his fans aren't playing anymore, u either came as u are or don't fucking come at all!

geletmote
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
thats ridiculous, if he even dares to play MOP thats disgraceful and if he plays OLB and WTLF ill get very angry, I can understand if he plays WAWO and lullaby but I still think thats jsut a excuse coz that song is for his son its a great excuse to play it, he shoudlnt perform any creed songs, that guitarist is a hack, i feel offended when he plays tremonti riffs and intro errrrrrrrrrrr. if theres one place were stapp is gonna fuk things up is here. IF he dares to play MOP thats it, I will loose ALL respect for him.

Chase
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Ive allready told you i will not respond to your BS. But let me make this clear for others.

Theres nothing wrong with being drunk, but there is something wrong with living a double life. If I tell you I hate lesbians but then watch lesbian porn every night you can critisize me on that, my problem with stapp is not him being drunk, doing drugs or living a rock'n'roll life. hell, Im no rockstar but I get drunk and might do drugs from time to time myself! my problem with
stapp is that: what he says and claims and what he does totally contradicts one another and on top of that my main problem is the stupidity that defends and supports him to live a double life.

Im not sure how many times ive mentioned this, but then again you dont think and throw out the first BS that passes through you mind.

So... you've changed the argument from being based on morality to being one of him living a so-called "double life." Let me ask you something... if it's true that you watch lesbian porn every night... do you make it known to all of those around you? Does your family know that you do? If they don't, and you intentionally prefer to not mention your actions... that means you're living the same "double life" you're accusing Stapp of living. In my life, I've never encountered a perfect person... and most of us, like it or not, have skeletons in our closet. Skeletons that we try to hide. Stapp is no different than all of us.

geletmote
12-12-2005, 10:23 PM
So... you've changed the argument from being based on morality to being one of him living a so-called "double life." Let me ask you something... if it's true that you watch lesbian porn every night... do you make it known to all of those around you? Does your family know that you do? If they don't, and you intentionally prefer to not mention your actions... that means you're living the same "double life" you're accusing Stapp of living. In my life, I've never encountered a perfect person... and most of us, like it or not, have skeletons in our closet. Skeletons that we try to hide. Stapp is no different than all of us.

& that is y Whats this life for was created.

sina2b
12-13-2005, 03:40 AM

im not responding so dont ask any questions.

IamFilthy
12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Regardless, from this interview he looks like an arrogant piece of crap... and who wants to buy the CD of a guy who almost seems as if he is TRYING to be a total jerk?

Well,.... since his music is good, then that would be me! Who wants to buy a CD of power-hungry pricks led by Celine Dion,..err,..I mean Myles Kennedy!

Rocketqueen
12-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Celine Dion KICKS ASS In Her own way im not a Fan But I respect her For being one of the great female artist of all time That Girl Can Sing She GOOD

evyllsummer
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Well,.... since his music is good, then that would be me!!

none are so blind as those who WILL not see...

Who wants to buy a CD of power-hungry pricks led by Celine Dion,..err,..I mean Myles Kennedy

explain how Myles is a "power-hungry prick"...explain what makes ANY of AB "power-hungry pricks" and doesn't make Stapp one himself...

note, though, both Dion and Myles are WAY better singers than Stapp, so you're on the right track there...

SummerGirl
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I would give it a four out of ten. It in no way compares to ODR. Myles Kennedy has such phenominal vocal range....it's awesome live!!!!!! I think this was posted on 11/23/05...hmm...*scratches head*...

Vliegs
12-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Muy interesante Señorita Summer :bow2:

RMadd
12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
read Revelation, man, that's actually one of the signs of the apocalypse (it should be noted that Stapp is a fan of The Doors, whose song The End appeared in the 'Nam epic Apocalypse Now... is that a sign from God?)

Ana4Stapp
12-17-2005, 12:11 PM
read Revelation, man, that's actually one of the signs of the apocalypse (it should be noted that Stapp is a fan of The Doors, whose song The End appeared in the 'Nam epic Apocalypse Now... is that a sign from God?)

:rolleyes: You re crazy, man...

lol