Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
And still, another Stapp story [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : And still, another Stapp story

crest tattoo
12-06-2005, 06:25 PM
This one is ripping on him pretty hard. (http://www.hecklerspray.com/hecklerspray/2005/12/scott_stapp_mer.html)

Filed in in Music
Let’s knock the good quote out of the way from the get go. According to Chad Sexton, drummer for 311 the following occurred. Scott Stapp:

“…came into the Harbor Court Hotel bar while Sexton and bandmates SA Martinez and P-Nut were watching basketball on television. He stepped in front of the screen and said, '311, I am ready to fight.'”

If that don’t beat all.
Scott Stapp, ex of future-elevator music band Creed (CDs), was in a fighting mood on Thanksgiving night. The poor lovable peacemaking 311 were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The confrontation reportedly took place in a Baltimore hotel bar. The initial confrontation as reported above was defused 311, but then Stapp, with his evil plans for world domination and global slavery, made a rude comment about 311’er Martinez’s wife, and sucker punched Sexton in the face. Martinez had a finger broken in the brouhaha.

The battle was caught on camera, and upon viewing security says the ruckus appeared to have been started by 311.

We, however, have a different theory. We think Stapp sang one Creed song too many on the karaoke stage, and patrons started dropping dead.

It being human nature to not enjoy being in a sea of dead bartenders, waitresses and businesspeople, 311 asked him to stop. At this point he likely launched into the second verse of the religious embarrassment With Arms Wide Open, which would have caused bloody ear explosions, and mass unconsciousness to everyone on the first floor. Then, as planned, he gathered up the limp bodies of the surviving white women and sold them to some wealthy black market representatives next door in the lobby of the Shilo Inn.

Then 311, unable to stand such needless atrocities, intervened. Probably.

evyllsummer
12-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Lol...

titan9
12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Lol...

Heh, it is kinda humorous in a way. :D

TeriB19
12-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Ok that's the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

The Lithium
12-07-2005, 08:59 AM
What, is this guy trying to be funny? Man, fire him, don't ever let him tell a joke again!

crest tattoo
12-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Lith, are you anti-Scott or for Scott. It's been a long while since I've been a regular here. Remind me, are you the kid I met in Chicago at PRS with Mark Tremonti?

Steve
12-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Lith is from Sweeden (or one of those extreme liberal Euro countries heh) so I doubt you met him in Chicago...

crest tattoo
12-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Okay, so who's John? He was in high school about 3 years ago, and I met him at the meet and greet with Mark?

Steve
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
That might be Collective_Soul who hasn't posted here much lately

crest tattoo
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I think you're right Steve! Were you at the AB Summerfest performance? Do you realize how many times we've probably been at the same conference, and I have no idea what you look like? Do you finally have a picture of yourself posted? :confused:

Steve
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I didn't go to Summerfest unforunately :( I have a pic of myself with Mark!! I'll get it up later today...

guesswhosback
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
What, is this guy trying to be funny? Man, fire him, don't ever let him tell a joke again!

well it certainly beats your joke about the break-up....

RMadd
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
lol that's a pretty funny account of the whole "ordeal"

and an excellent observation, guesswhosback lol

titan9
12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Here's another sorta humorous story, this time from JAM!: :D

Though shalt not brawl with bad rock bands.

That's one of the 10 Commandments isn't it?

So you have to wonder what the heck-diddly-heck was on oily God-rock posterboy Scott Stapp's mind last week when he went all Old Testament on the boys in 311 in a hotel bar.

Actually, percolating behind his sloped neanderthal forehead was probably the fact his debut solo album The Great Divide landed earlier that week with a thud at No. 19 on the charts.

But, anyway, according to reports, Stapp -- former member of Creed, one of the holy trinity of modern rock ... um, whatever the opposite of saviours is -- and members of the veteran band were staying at the same hotel in Baltimore during the American Thanksgiving.

After a cordial meeting earlier in the day, things turned a little surlier that evening when 311 were watching a basketball game in the lounge (I know what you're thinking, and no, I didn't know Motel 6's had lounges either).

According to a posting by 311 on the band's official website -- meant to clear up rumours -- Stapp "appeared intoxicated. He drank a shot at the bar and then threw his shot glass, smashing it on the bar.

"He was acting belligerent and got into an argument with patrons sitting at the bar ... Scott was looking for a fight -- and that's what he got."

Apparently what ultimately got fists swinging was Stapp breaking another Commandment -- the one about coveting the wife of a dude in a bad rock band and explaining in specific detail exactly how he'd like to covet her.

When the dust settled, Stapp was, according to 311, questioned by police and left after hotel management asked him to.

So that's it -- all we had to do was ask him to leave and he would have?

That would have been useful information six years ago.

But that wasn't the end of our hero's drunken shenanigans last week.

According to the New York Daily News, producers and crew members were shocked and appalled when the singer showed up to the taping of a Spike TV show all gunned up, swearing, picking fights and making sexist remarks.

Not to diminish everyone's concerns, but doesn't that sum up the entire philosophy of Spike TV?

By the way -- good news for everyone, both delicious incidents were captured on film and should be hitting the Internet very, very soon.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/12/03/1336134.html