Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"the great divide" already a theme song [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "the great divide" already a theme song

Higher_Desire
12-06-2005, 10:44 AM
i was watching wwe raw last night and an ad came on for this years "christmas with the troops" that the wwe does over in iraq. sure enough, the song playing in the background was none other than the great divide. it was shown at the end of the segment that it was the official theme song for the event this year.

H-D :pimp:

The Lithium
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Sounds like Wind-Up are good friends with them...

GregS
12-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah.. Have been for a good while now.. but i aint complaining.. Good music on a good show ( sumtimes )

titan9
12-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Yup, WWE has used WU artists ALOT. I think it all goes back to 2001 when they started using "My Sacrifice" for the WWE desire videos. After that, they used other artists from WU like Breaking Point, Evanescence, Seether, 12 Stones, Alter Bridge....almost everyone on the WU label. They've used Creed multiple times and Alter Bridge a few times as well("Metalingus" is the theme song for WWE Wrestler Edge and FTR was used for the Royal Rumble earlier this year. Plus, OYE was used for the Diva Search contest). I'd expect them to use Stapp a few times as well; probably "Fight Song" or "Hard Way" will be used as a PPV theme song.

I think all of this is good, as it allows WU's artists to get even more promotion. Though WWE's viewership has declined from the late 90s boom, it is still around 5-10 million people per week. That's good promotion.