Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp's don't believe anything you read..... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp's don't believe anything you read.....

stappissohot
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Yesterday on Myspace Mr.Stapp posted a bulletin warning his fans to "not believe anything they read" he was very aggrivated and seeing the recent posts I see why, but I am sticking to what he said and not believeing a word of it, if he says it's lies than it's lies and the rest of you should give it a rest and stop being hard on him, he's just trying to make a living singing, it's not as if what he does in intentional, so please just stop :( :( :(

titan9
12-02-2005, 11:46 AM
He has a Myspace? Or is that just someone on there posing as him?

The Lithium
12-02-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll really starting to like Stapp's personality again. It seems he has started to behave like an ass again.

Stappishot
12-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Where can I find that bulletin of him saying that. I was on there and couldn't find it. Where did u go to find it?

Rocketqueen
12-02-2005, 11:59 AM
I'll really starting to like Stapp's personality again. It seems he has started to behave like an ass again.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :) well like some i know no name needed :) i can only think of delicious Meatballs I dont think he ever Quit HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sina2b
12-02-2005, 12:04 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :) well like some i know no name needed :) i can only think of delicious Meatballs I dont think he ever Quit HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Its funny how the whole world are lying and scott is telling the truth through myspace which we havent even seen that yet.

titan9
12-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I kinda doubt he has a myspace, seeing as how PBF has never mentioned it. If it were really him, I think they'd know.

I think he will address the whole story on Rockline this Monday.

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2005, 12:16 PM
so you're saying it's all our fault???

not mention you believe a fake myspace profile... how about Monday? Will he keep his story straight? what will happen when people ask again about it once he tour starts in a few months? will it be the same version?

I try and give him benefit of the doubt... but everything points to believe it. He'll have to work his ass off to change his reputation.

At least his music is still good.

titan9
12-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, I'm personally waiting to see if his story agrees with the story presented by the AP and the hotel security dude.

RoffeDH
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Yesterday on Myspace Mr.Stapp posted a bulletin warning his fans to "not believe anything they read" he was very aggrivated and seeing the recent posts I see why, but I am sticking to what he said and not believeing a word of it, if he says it's lies than it's lies and the rest of you should give it a rest and stop being hard on him, he's just trying to make a living singing, it's not as if what he does in intentional, so please just stop :( :( :(

I must say that I find this to be bullshit!
If he says it's lies it might just be him telling the lies, he's been doing this kind of shit before you know! Beeing a drunk and hitting people, I mean with what he and brian used to do! So don't come beliving every singel word that Stapp says!

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, I'm personally waiting to see if his story agrees with the story presented by the AP and the hotel security dude.
Still... does it make the AP story more reliable just coz it's pro-stapp? why AP counts and the others not?

I think you gotta give credit to all versions or to none of them.

I'm not saying you specifically. But there are people here who only believe in on article.

TeriB19
12-02-2005, 12:29 PM
and the rest of you should give it a rest and stop being hard on him, he's just trying to make a living singing, it's not as if what he does in intentional, so please just stop :( :( :(It's not as if what he does is intentional? I'm sorry, is someone force-feeding him booze? Is someone forcing him to act like an ass? I love the man's music, but I can't sit here and believe that his actions are the direct result of someone else MAKING him do something. Not intentional? Right. :rolleyes:

titan9
12-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Still... does it make the AP story more reliable just coz it's pro-stapp? why AP counts and the others not?

I think you gotta give credit to all versions or to none of them.

I'm not saying you specifically. But there are people here who only believe in on article.

The AP is typically more reliable than Rolling Stone, E! Online and Billboard. The AP actually DID their research and got a comment from the Security Manager at the Hotel. I believe some of what 311 says is true, because some of the stuff they've been contending is found in the AP article, but I also believe that some of what they are saying is false, as the AP article shows. There's inaccuracies in the RS story and 311's story. RS says the lead singer broke his hand; AP says he broke his finger. 311 says it's all Stapp's fault; Security manager says THEY started it; 311 implies that the police were called and Stapp was thrown out; the police say they were NEVER called. AP has always been the most reliable source of news and that is why I think what they say counts more than RS, Eonline and Billboard, considering all three have always been less than kind to Creed and Stapp. At least the AP did their research for the story.

Chris98GT
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Scott Stapp is NOT on myspace.

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Fair enough. But did the security guard heard what Stapp said to them so they'd jump on him? They wouldn't start it from nowhere...

And as Steve said, 311 may have confused the security guards with police due their outfit.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

titan9
12-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Fair enough. But did the security guard heard what Stapp said to them so they'd jump on him? They wouldn't start it from nowhere...

I don't know. That's really why I'd like to see the video released; perhaps it has audio as well as visual? Besides that, if 311 were REALLY drunk, they probably WOULD start it from no where. Drunk people do stupid stuff all the time and bar fights are not at all uncommon. Tempers flair; fists fly. I haven't heard if they were smashed or not; all I've heard is that Stapp was.

And as Steve said, 311 may have confused the security guards with police due their outfit.

That's true and that is entirely possible. But my question is, why did 311 post that it was police officers, and then in the RS article say it was security? Why did they change that detail?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Understandable, and I'm basically doing the same thing. At first, I completely believed 311, but as more comes out and as people come forward(at least the security dude, anyway) I start to doubt them more and more. It has nothing to do with my being a fan of Stapp; it all has to do with my not believing every word they say, just as I do the same with every other artist I like(Stapp, Alter Bridge, *insert artist here*). I've heard all this talk of them being positive, them not wanting this bad publicity, and that's fair enough. But it doesn't automatically mean that every single thing they are saying is the absolute truth. In fact, we may never find out the real truth, just as we never really did with the Chicago incident. All we can do is speculate based on what we've heard from certain people. Before I say how wrong Stapp was, I'd like to hear his story, compare it to the other two accounts of that night and then I will decide which one I believe more.

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
maybe they later found out the cops were actually security guards???

That's really why I'd like to see the video released; perhaps it has audio as well as visual?

as al_brocolli said, it'll be probably standing right next to the Chicago DVD on Stapp's bus! :lol:

I don't think both will ever come to public!

evyllsummer
12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Scott Stapp is NOT on myspace.

yeah that...that's not Stapp...LOL...

if that WERE Stapp, I would think that he would have a link on his OFFICIAL page, just like every other artist that has myspace...

titan9
12-02-2005, 01:53 PM
maybe they later found out the cops were actually security guards???

That's possible. Who knows for sure.

as al_brocolli said, it'll be probably standing right next to the Chicago DVD on Stapp's bus! :lol:

I don't think both will ever come to public!

Haha, perhaps. But one can hope that it will be released, much like the Ashlee Simpson/McDonalds tape was released a few weeks ago. :laugh:

Dogstar
12-02-2005, 02:18 PM
yeah that...that's not Stapp...LOL...

if that WERE Stapp, I would think that he would have a link on his OFFICIAL page, just like every other artist that has myspace...
Yeah, I would be shocked if he had a myspace account. He hasn't exactly embraced the online community.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
myspace?? Windup will not allow stapp to have any sort of blog or anything at all, the guy doesnt always know what hes saying and what he says can cost them alot. Im surprised they even let him do interviews but those are usually pre-written for him/them.

Ready to fight
12-02-2005, 03:20 PM
yeah, I think a lot can be said about the different sources. The AP article is the only one to have found this one guy who is willing to go on record saying 311 started it. He's basing that on a video tape which may or may not start at the beginning.

I think until we hear what Stapp actually has to say, or the complete footage is released, there's no way to tell. I believe 311 since they are genuinely laid back, nice guys. Stapp has a history of this, and it would lead me to wonder why not? 311 would not simply make up a story...if they were at fault, they probably would have done what Stapp is doing - nothing. They would have hoped the thing would blow over. It didn't.

As for the hand/finger thing - that's so nit-picky. I broke 2 fingers once (same kind of break - boxer's fracture) - it looks like you broke your hand. Maybe one little bone in the "hand" part of his hand snapped.

how can you say something as miniscual and easily mistaken as that takes credibility away from anything?

I just don't understand the blind faith in a guy who seems to lead his life (or one of them at least) as a jerk.

sorry for the rant on my first post.

yes, I am a 311 fan brought here by the incident, and no i am not going to be an ass about it.

i like to get all sides of a situation.

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
It is a small thing, you are right, but all I am saying is that there does seem to be inconsistencies between 311's side of it and the AP story. I agree, until the footage is released(if it ever is), we won't really know who to believe. Right now, I don't really believe anyone.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

Stappishot
12-02-2005, 06:28 PM
A lot of people have to think, Scott Stapp on TV is the man trying to be nice and trying to get as many NEW fans as well as the present fans back. He is putting on a role sort to speak, and he's doing a good job at convincing people that he is this wonderful none violent man. But we don't know Stapp. We don't hang out with him, we don't live with him we only know Stapp from his music. We all don't know what happen that night, and maybe the truth will never come out, but everyone is not perfect. And maybe he just needs help. Or maybe it's deeper then what we see. Other sites that protray Stapp see him as a man that can do no harm. They see him as "perfect", they feed into him and listen with ears wide open, instead of seeing him as a human being like the rest of us. I'm going to be a Stapp fan for as long as I live, I my not agree with him all the time, he can be an a$$ at times, but he has good music and he's HOT! :D

TeriB19
12-02-2005, 11:51 PM
sorry for the rant on my first post.

yes, I am a 311 fan brought here by the incident, and no i am not going to be an ass about it.

i like to get all sides of a situation.
Welcome to the board, RTF. Thanks for your input, and thanks for the manner in which you post it. Much appreciated!

uncertaindrumer
12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
A lot of people have to think, Scott Stapp on TV is the man trying to be nice and trying to get as many NEW fans as well as the present fans back. He is putting on a role sort to speak, and he's doing a good job at convincing people that he is this wonderful none violent man. But we don't know Stapp. We don't hang out with him, we don't live with him we only know Stapp from his music. We all don't know what happen that night, and maybe the truth will never come out, but everyone is not perfect. And maybe he just needs help. Or maybe it's deeper then what we see. Other sites that protray Stapp see him as a man that can do no harm. They see him as "perfect", they feed into him and listen with ears wide open, instead of seeing him as a human being like the rest of us. I'm going to be a Stapp fan for as long as I live, I my not agree with him all the time, he can be an a$$ at times, but he has good music and he's HOT! :D

This, coupled with your first post, were the two most confusing posts...

Anyway, you guys are so nitpicky about details. It was a BAR FIGHT. Is anyone here going to deny that this is apparent? Stapp got into a bar fight. It doesn't matter who started it or how many fingers were broken, geez...

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
It's not as if what he does is intentional? I'm sorry, is someone force-feeding him booze? Is someone forcing him to act like an ass? I love the man's music, but I can't sit here and believe that his actions are the direct result of someone else MAKING him do something. Not intentional? Right. :rolleyes:

Same here! ;) Hes an adult, what means being resposible of his owns acts. Lets stop trying to deny this and consequently put the blame in media...

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 12:57 AM
This, coupled with your first post, were the two most confusing posts...

Anyway, you guys are so nitpicky about details. It was a BAR FIGHT. Is anyone here going to deny that this is apparent? Stapp got into a bar fight. It doesn't matter who started it or how many fingers were broken, geez...

Exactly! ;)

rabidgopher04
12-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Here's the "official" story: http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/02/people.stapp.311.ap/index.html

titan9
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting that, rabid. One thing I found interesting, though: that photo in the story was apparently taken November 25th, the day after the fight(unless CNN got their dates confused). I guess 311 either didn't attack Stapp's face or didn't do much damage. Or perhaps he had a heavy amount of make-up on that might have covered any bruises. I don't know, but it is interesting if that photo really was taken Nov 25th.

Stappishot
12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I really don't care who started, no one knows the truth and we will probably never get it! It's confusing if u don't understand.

stappissohot
12-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Admin edit >> removed link

evyllsummer
12-03-2005, 02:31 PM

in a word: no

bobben
12-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Hahaha... :D That was a extremely bad impersonation of Stapp! :hammerlol

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey, nice going there, pal

adparaiki
12-06-2005, 08:13 AM
But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

evyllsummer
12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

well, if the first punch by Stapp wasn't seen by the director, I think anyone would assume that Stapp was getting jumped...I mean, wasn't Stapp asked to leave? That would indicate some guilt...