Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp involved in another fight! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp involved in another fight!

Steve
12-01-2005, 12:39 AM
If you haven't heard this already... Apparantly on Thanksgiving Stapp entered a hotel bar drunk, got into an argument with the hotel concilearge (sp?) and then proceeded to get into a fight with two members from the band 311. Here's a statement from 311:

Taken from here (http://bbs.311.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29688)

We did not intend to discuss this incident publicly, but since rumors
are beginning to spread we'd like to set the record straight.
On November 24th (Thanksgiving), 311 had the day off in Baltimore,
Maryland. Chad Sexton, SA Martinez & P-Nut were relaxing in a hotel
lounge with their wives and friends watching a basketball game on
television. Scott Stapp entered the bar. He appeared intoxicated.
He drank a shot at the bar and then threw his shot glass, smashing it
on the bar. He was acting belligerent and got into an argument with
patrons sitting at the bar. He then sat down next to SA and his
wife. He made a disrespectful and crude remark to SA's wife. Chad
and SA asked him to step away. He then sucker-punched Chad. Scott
was looking for a fight - and that's what he got. A fight ensued.
Soon the police arrived and everyone was restrained and questioned;
and Scott was ultimately asked to leave the hotel.

Another thread here (http://bbs.311.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29501) One of the band members actually told the same story during an interview on KROQ radio today as well.

This is almost a mirror of his previous "bar fights." You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...

facelessmike
12-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Ahaa! So there is some truth to this! (see regis and kelly thread).

You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...

Exactly. I am finding it harder and harder to defend him...

rabidgopher04
12-01-2005, 01:50 AM
He lives such a double life with what he is trying to portray in the media and then what he does in the night scene.

tremonti4life04
12-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Yea, the song Justify was about him playing poker, not playing poker, getting shitfaced, and trying to beat up everyone in the bar. lol

Stapp does lead a double life, and its ridiculous that he would do shit like this. People dont realize that what he is on the scene isnt what he truly is off camera, yet people worship him still? This makes no sense to me. All you hear from him is "Oh, ive changed my life around, i am a christian, bla bla bla" Well, Scott, To be a christian means to be Christ-Like in life, and i dont think that Jesus, went out, got liqored up, and beat people up when they had a problem with the word he was speaking. He turned the other cheek, otherwise, all of the people who crucified him would have been smolten off of the face of the earth..he was, in fact, the son of god.

Chase
12-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

If this is true... then I wish the band that was there was Good Charlotte.

sina2b
12-01-2005, 05:38 AM
give me a break, scott stapp is not a target for anyone, most people dont even know his name and hes clearly not a threat to anyone or any musician for being a victim of that sort of stuff. seeing what an ass stapp is, is simpler than 2+2 for me, why is it so hard for others to see this! this is whats bothering me, i allready know hes fucked up and none of this surprises me but the fact that people keep on defending him does.

stapp should dissappear instead of giving out new albums, this way he might be able to keep a good name for himself for at most a few years! Wind-Up should consider that :)

sina2b
12-01-2005, 05:50 AM
Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

Kurt Cobain wasnt a fake ass christ wannabe, he was open about his issues, his drug problems and his behavior and on top of all his songs were relevant to his personality, but stapp is trying to sell an image that is non existant and people buying that image really pisses me off.

if you think there's nothing wrong with bush, than clearly there shouldnt be anything wrong with stapp either. Were not trying to proove any political facts here by the letter, were just using our brains.

Bridge of Clay
12-01-2005, 06:40 AM
so I guess Lora and I are still liars??? :rolleyes:

I told you so...

Btw... do you know who's NOT with Stapp anymore due a brawl? Kimi...

sina2b
12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
dont worry about that they'll still find a way to make you a liar so technichally u still are :)lol

quota:
Btw... do you know who's NOT with Stapp anymore due a brawl? Kimi...

what??

Bridge of Clay
12-01-2005, 07:37 AM
yeah, Kimi, his former personal assistant, also got in a brawl with Stapp and showed up on Hanson's office asking for a job.

RoffeDH
12-01-2005, 07:45 AM
He he he, Hansons! :P
(I provided so much for this thred!)

Bridge of Clay
12-01-2005, 08:12 AM
when you think bar fights isn't enough:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/370687p-315063c.html

adparaiki
12-01-2005, 08:46 AM

exactly I don't believe it at all.

do you remember what finch said after 2 members of disturbed beat up them and their whole crew after finch provoked them??

similar to what these guys are saying about scott stapp.

it wasn't our fault bla bla bla.
Scott is a nice guy ok
he wouldn't start unprovoked on 3 people.
this is bullshit

Bullets
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
and i dont think that Jesus, went out, got liqored up, and beat people up when they had a problem with the word he was speaking.

Well remember - Jesus did go into the temple and tear the place up, flipping tables and whatnot, because they were selling things in the holy place which was an act that went against the word he was preaching. Who knows how much wine he had before that incident ;)

I have to apologize Bridge of Clay - i said in the other thread that I doubted the story, but now that there is a band posting about it...it seems a bit more credible.

At the same time however I agree with Chase - Stapp is an easy target due to his past life, but we'll see. Especially on December 6 when that show airs on Spike...should be interesting to see if he's really smashed like the article says.

:D

Ana4Stapp
12-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Actually its very hard to not believe in this kind of news coming from Stapp ...and Im not judging him...but hes constantly dissapointing his fans... I really think his music is more important than his private life but acting this way (in public) is very disrespectful with lots of people.

And okay, like Chase said Liam Gallagher, Kurt Cobain and lots of 'rockstars' were involved in fights, (some -several times), but I never saw none of them claiming "I changed, now Im another man... I was saved"...etc...etc...

Also, easy target???? Who did creat this 'image'? Just curious...

uncertaindrumer
12-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like."

Asking forgiveness from sins can have nothing to do with Christianity. How can the definition of your "Christianity" not even have Christ in it? I'm sure plenty of non-Christians do that. So defend Stapp how you want but he is not acting very Christian.

Frankly every time I try to give the guy a chance he acts like a terd again. Did everyone read that article in which he compares himself to Sting? One must believe that he is the most ridiculous, deceit-filled, arrogant man on the planet after reading that article. He took drugs because he was "taking one for the team", he "wrote ALL the music for Creed" he was "TOO GIVING in nature and that's why Creed had its problems". I mean, who does he think we are? Morons?

Oh wait. Yeah, the general public is...

tremonti4life04
12-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Finch got beat up for a good reason, the lead singer pushed Dave Draimine's wife while she was holding their child. That is a good reason. Getting drunk and being an asshole isnt. I know what you mean tho, it doesnt effect the music, but at the same time, i hate people who live double standards. Being a musician, being famous doesnt give you the right to be a beligerant asshole.

Ana4Stapp
12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Frankly every time I try to give the guy a chance he acts like a terd again. Did everyone read that article in which he compares himself to Sting? One must believe that he is the most ridiculous, deceit-filled, arrogant man on the planet after reading that article. He took drugs because he was "taking one for the team", he "wrote ALL the music for Creed" he was "TOO GIVING in nature and that's why Creed had its problems". I mean, who does he think we are? Morons?

Oh wait. Yeah, the general public is...

:rolleyes: Oh God...Im so disappointed with Stapp that Im 'almost' agreeing with uncertain...lol

uncertaindrumer
12-01-2005, 10:17 AM
^That's not so rare! lol, love the new avatar by the way.

titan9
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
*shakes head* Well, now that the 311 guys are telling the story themselves, it definitely has more credibility. If everything they say is true, wow, it's just so disappointing. Stapp's got this new album out and he's trying to establish himself as a solo artist. This is certainly the last thing he needs. If it is true, he needs to get himself some help. It appears that he can't drink a lot and still act somewhat civilized. I honestly think, just based on these stories, that he has a problem with alcohol. If he wants to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans, he needs to own up for it. I don't care if a lot of rockstars do it; that doesn't make it justifiable...especially when he paints himself as this good guy who has changed. When he is still showing up to certain places drunk, I think that shows that he probably hasn't changed as much as he claims.

Anyway, I'm still a fan of his music. That won't change unless I start hating his music.

IamFilthy
12-01-2005, 11:32 AM

I couldn't have said it any better myself! If it is true,..I'm glad he punched 311. They need it! As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S A ROCKSTAR! :jam:

Bridge of Clay
12-01-2005, 12:10 PM
If everything they say is true, wow, it's just so disappointing.

That's what we've been tryin' to tell ya!

Btw... read the article I posted on page one.

titan9
12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I read it, dude. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt as that is from a gossip column. As you probably know, some gossip columns flat out lie. So I'll wait until the 6th, watch the show myself and see if he looks smashed.

Rocketqueen
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I couldn't have said it any better myself! If it is true,..I'm glad he punched 311. They need it! As far as I'm concerned, THAT'S A ROCKSTAR! :jam:
HELL YEA :jam: :jam: :jam:

Bridge of Clay
12-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I read it, dude. I'm taking that one with a grain of salt as that is from a gossip column. As you probably know, some gossip columns flat out lie. So I'll wait until the 6th, watch the show myself and see if he looks smashed.
ok... easy, man! I'm just kidding with you today. no harm intended!

but I apologize before hand if I offended you in any way.

titan9
12-01-2005, 01:41 PM
No, you didn't. I forgot to put my smiley down. I knew you were joking and I was just joking around as well, heh. :D

Well, RS is now reporting it: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/8901746/scottstapp?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Chase
12-01-2005, 02:03 PM
give me a break, scott stapp is not a target for anyone, most people dont even know his name and hes clearly not a threat to anyone or any musician for being a victim of that sort of stuff. seeing what an ass stapp is, is simpler than 2+2 for me, why is it so hard for others to see this! this is whats bothering me, i allready know hes fucked up and none of this surprises me but the fact that people keep on defending him does.

stapp should dissappear instead of giving out new albums, this way he might be able to keep a good name for himself for at most a few years! Wind-Up should consider that :)

Wow... so obviously you didn't hear that recent radio interview in which the ENTIRE radio station set him up in order to antagonize him. Like it or not... he's still egged on by people. Let me ask you this? HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE? You can't back it up... you hate the guy, so you're using this as an opportunity to bitch and whine about him.

There's always two sides to a story... I mean... to me it sounds like 311 is sugar coating it. It's like they're saying "Oh, we were holding hands and singing songs... and then Stapp in all his infernal hatred arrived and pulled out a machine gun threatening to destroy us ALL!!!!"

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I was doubtful of the story at first because I doubted the source. We still don't know all the facts, but if the 311 guys are talking about it, something must have happened. This is disappointing for sure.

The Lithium
12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Chase, being a rockstar doesn't make it okay to hit people! And it shouldn't matter if other rockstars beat each other up. That doesn't make it okay for anyone to do the same thing and Stapp should not be exused for this.

Stapp... You dumb ass, LEARN!!!

Rocketqueen
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Chase, being a rockstar doesn't make it okay to hit people! And it shouldn't matter if other rockstars beat each other up. That doesn't make it okay for anyone to do the same thing and Stapp should not be exused for this.

SURE IT DOES IT MAKES IT OK HAAAAAAAAA im kiding some what and Another damn thing there is to freaking sides to every story It May Not Have Been Right But im sure he had good Reason Thats a good enough Excuse I never Seen Such Cry Babys Get So Upset Over A Lit Wild Hair :crying: :crying: Stapp Hit Me He Really Hit Me, They Should See The Light And Thank GOD Someboy Else Did,nt Get To,em First That Really Do Mager Damage :D :D :D

Robin101
12-01-2005, 03:27 PM
It seems to me that there are people on this board who support Stapp with 'blind obsession' and those who bash him with 'blind hatred'.

It has been said on this forum before but I agree with the saying 'love the music, not the artist'.

I, at times, feel sorry for Stapp. Even during Creed's embryonic years people were slating him - on a personal and professional level. Numerous stories have circulated the 'media circus' that were later, through fact and common sense, found to be false.

Then again there are times (many) he has created these problems through ignorance and naivety. Certain comments he makes in interviews leads me to the question 'Does he try to make people dislike him?'

Take Care

uncertaindrumer
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
'Does he try to make people dislike him?'

Either he does or he is totally clueless. I mean seriously, has anyone read the article I jsut read in my paper's entertainment section today? Wow. I didn't think I could lose any mroe respect for him but I did.

titan9
12-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I was doubtful of the story at first because I doubted the source. We still don't know all the facts, but if the 311 guys are talking about it, something must have happened. This is disappointing for sure.

Yeah, I agree. Still, it's entirely possible that the 311 guys are spinning the story to favor them. I mean, I don't doubt that it happened(and if it didn't....it's a very elaborate publicity stunt by 311) but I do doubt some of the stuff 311 has said. I'm kinda waiting to see if Stapp addresses it at all, and from there, I guess I'll judge which one to believe more.

If this story and the other one(in the NY Daily News) is completely true, it definitely points to Stapp having a substance abuse problem, whether that's with alcohol or, dare I say it, drugs. That would definitely explain a lot of his past indiscretions, such as the bar fight in '01 and even the Chicago incident. It's obviously sad if this is the case, as he is a talented musician who is letting his demons get the best of him. I hope that he gets the help that he needs, and is fans, rather than criticizing him, really should pray for him. It's pretty obvious that he is still struggling with certain aspects of his personal life.

adparaiki
12-01-2005, 04:28 PM
"The guy that created the bogus AP story...admits he made it up in one of those threads at the 311 board."

ok this is whats posted on PBS.
so stop talking about it.

His reasoning was that he didn't know that those rumors were actually true. So, he decided to write an exaggerated story for comic reason. His article and other rumors on the internet prompted 311 to acknowledge the 'brawl.' In any case, writing a fake AP letter was no a smart move and it just made a rumor worse than what it was. This does not, however, excuse Stapp from acting that way (if it happened the way they describe it).

Given that the 'AP' article is established as a fraud (which I didn't find very funny at all - nor does it read tongue-in-cheek), I see no need to speculate on whether or not any element of it is true.

The facts will come out, that article is not any of them.

Why is it everytime something positive happens with Scott some
people have to ruin his and our happiness? I guess they dont think that
Scott and his fans deserve to be left alone and have our time with the
new cd out and soon the tour.

It's really a sad thing that things have to be made up.

WE STILL AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK SCOTT!!!!!!!

Maybe we'll make our own judgments about who we'll support and who we won't. I for one don't plan on making any judgments until I hear Scott's side of the story, which I expect on Rockline next week.

adparaiki
12-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Again, let's not get carried away about this story. All we have so far is hearsay and a fake AP article.

The Lithium
12-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Yes, but it has happened in the past... It's not impossible that Stapp did the same, sad thing again!

Steve
12-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Again, let's not get carried away about this story. All we have so far is hearsay and a fake AP article.

It's also been reported at www.rollingstone.com

evyllsummer
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM

yup...check it out...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/8901746/scottstapp?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1133460267646&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1212

sina2b
12-01-2005, 05:28 PM

please open your eyes people, rollingstone would not write such a thing of it wasnt true, they can get sued for this big time.

and heres another one: http://www.thesuperficial.com/index.html

what an asshole this guy is, and yes i dont like him at all for all hes doing; not seeing this is complete stupidity, it makes you look bad.

Ana4Stapp
12-01-2005, 05:34 PM
^That's not so rare! lol, love the new avatar by the way.

Considering the 'start' ... I think its a progress...lol / As for the avatar: thanks,you know I love Cornell. ;)

PS: Also, I still love Stapp's songs/lyrics/voice but I cant stand his lack of maturity... right now that he(finnaly) released his cd and WU is giving to him all the promotion... seems that he wants to ruin everything... :eek:

And I cant understand why some people here just avoid to see the true...

sina2b
12-01-2005, 05:36 PM
this is getting big and published all over the internet, something like this at such a sensitive time can ruin his career for good.

lol And maybe hes right:

"Just when I thought I had it all caught a sucker punch and lost it all
Just never thought it would have come from you"

I bet he never thought it wouldve came from 311's DJ :D

titan9
12-01-2005, 05:43 PM
A person at PBF raised some very interesting points:

(1) If the police were called to the bar, why aren't there records of the incident? It would seem that if Rolling Stone and Billboard decided to report it, they'd at least look to see if there were records.

(2) The 311 dude broke his hand. Obviously, to break his hand, he would have had to do good damage to Stapp. And if he punched him in the face, why are there no marks? A girl from PBF met Stapp and there wasn't a scratch on him Tuesday. Granted, 5 days had passed since the alleged incident, but you'd think if he were punched in the face that hard, that there'd be a mark. Sure make-up can help, but it can't mask EVERYTHING.

(3) If he was so drunken, and started the fight, why was he NOT arrested? Further, why aren't the 311 guys pressing charges? It doesn't add up.

(4) Where are the eye-witnesses? The only eye-witness we've heard from are the 311 guys.

(5) The Billboard article mentioned that the manager who was on-duty that night at the hotel said “I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about.” Wouldn't the manager know?

So I'm presently doubting some things and not quite convinced that all of this happened. It could very well be an elaborate publicity stunt on 311's part. I don't know, but it's definitely some food for the thought.

INDIGOSTEVE
12-01-2005, 05:57 PM

(1) If the police were called to the bar, why aren't there records of the incident? It would seem that if Rolling Stone and Billboard decided to report it, they'd at least look to see if there were records.

(2) The 311 dude broke his hand. Obviously, to break his hand, he would have had to do good damage to Stapp. And if he punched him in the face, why are there no marks? A girl from PBF met Stapp and there wasn't a scratch on him Tuesday. Granted, 5 days had passed since the alleged incident, but you'd think if he were punched in the face that hard, that there'd be a mark. Sure make-up can help, but it can't mask EVERYTHING.

(3) If he was so drunken, and started the fight, why was he NOT arrested? Further, why aren't the 311 guys pressing charges? It doesn't add up.

(4) Where are the eye-witnesses? The only eye-witness we've heard from are the 311 guys.

(5) The Billboard article mentioned that the manager who was on-duty that night at the hotel said “I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about.” Wouldn't the manager know?

So I'm presently doubting some things and not quite convinced that all of this happened. It could very well be an elaborate publicity stunt on 311's part. I don't know, but it's definitely some food for the thought.
311 are from where I live, well they have egos like you would not believe!

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 06:12 PM

The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Hotel workers obviously would never comment on something like this, but then again, the lack of actual reporting by the so-called media is pretty pathetic. They probably didn't try very hard to find any.

See above. Plus, was the manager in the bar? Not necessarily. He may not have witnessed anything.

nixhex
12-01-2005, 06:59 PM
greetings everyone, i'm new here, and wanted to put my two cents into this conversation. It's sort of sad that there are people on here happy that Scott punched a fellow recording artist. Did anyone read the rolling stone article? Scott himself is quoted as saying 311 inspired him to start his band. And you are glad he instigated a fight with the band who is partly responsible for your beloved music existing? secondly, 311 are very low key, laid back, positive-preaching, weed smoking musicians, and in no lyrics will you find violent intentions. and lastly, INDIGOSTEVE, I have met and talked with every member of 311. they are all some of the nicest guys I know. I will grant you that Nick HExum is quite full of himself, but, he wasn't at the scene of the incident.

I respect all real music and musicians, and would never hope anyone be attacked or their wives be degraded.

ANd just for the record, no one on any 311 board is blowing anything out of proportion, like someone posted.

Steve
12-01-2005, 07:32 PM
The Rollingstone article says there were no charges filed, but I would have thought they would have an incident report. It doesn't even say whether they responded to the call, if there even was a call.

It does add up. Celebrity special treatment, for one. Were the cops even called? That's not made clear. It seems in the article, the hotel management/security took care of it. They probably didn't want the cops there.

Exactly. This hotel appears to be an upscale place. See their website (http://www.harborcourt.com/). Usually upscale hotels have a reputation. Having a barage of cops come down doesn't look very good. To maintain their image and keep things under wraps they took care of the situation themselves (or so it seems, who knows though).

titan9
12-01-2005, 07:43 PM

It says in the Billboard article and on 311's board that the police were called. But then it says in RS that they weren't. What's up with the inaccuracies there?

Then why did one of the band members say on 311's official board that the cops were called and they took Scott out of the hotel? You've got a point about celebrity special treatment, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Hotel workers obviously would never comment on something like this, but then again, the lack of actual reporting by the so-called media is pretty pathetic. They probably didn't try very hard to find any.

Why wouldn't they anonymously comment on it? It's between two celebrities, afterall.

See above. Plus, was the manager in the bar? Not necessarily. He may not have witnessed anything.

True, you've got a point there. But still, it was between two celebrities and it happened at his hotel. Why wouldn't he want to have 15 minutes of fame?

Another thing the PBF poster thought of: why would Scott be away from his family in Florida AND his son on Thanksgiving? His son seems to be the center of his life, so why would he want to be away from him on a Holiday?

More food for the thought.

greetings everyone, i'm new here, and wanted to put my two cents into this conversation. It's sort of sad that there are people on here happy that Scott punched a fellow recording artist. Did anyone read the rolling stone article? Scott himself is quoted as saying 311 inspired him to start his band. And you are glad he instigated a fight with the band who is partly responsible for your beloved music existing? secondly, 311 are very low key, laid back, positive-preaching, weed smoking musicians, and in no lyrics will you find violent intentions. and lastly, INDIGOSTEVE, I have met and talked with every member of 311. they are all some of the nicest guys I know. I will grant you that Nick HExum is quite full of himself, but, he wasn't at the scene of the incident.

I respect all real music and musicians, and would never hope anyone be attacked or their wives be degraded.

ANd just for the record, no one on any 311 board is blowing anything out of proportion, like someone posted.

First of all, welcome to the forums. Second, if you had really read all of the posts in this thread, you'd see that most of us(including myself) did not condone what Stapp supposedly did. If it happened like the 311 guys said, it was definitely a disgrace.

Stappishot
12-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Don't get me wrong I like Scott Stapp. But what we see on t.v. is not the scott we all know when he's not on t.v. It makes u think, does he respect his girlfriend as well? I never believed that scott has straighted up his act, he just seems like he's fake. This is a piece of article I read,

"In fact, one of the first things he said was that he loved to fight. So he started doing shots and breaking the glass on the bar, almost hitting one of our crew guys. My wife and I moved to a table and eventually Scott made his way over and sat down. He was looking for attention. Even before that, he had wadded up a napkin that he lobbed in our direction. It was pathetic, and we tried to ignore him, but it was impossible. Then he made a pretty disrespectful comment to my wife, which I'd rather not repeat, but in no uncertain terms, the word 'fuck' was used. That's when [drummer] Chad [Sexton] walked over."

If he is a man of GOD, and how he changed his life, and relearned love, why isn't he acting like it in the real word, and acting like a jerk in the fake world. Meaning what u see on tv. I'm not happy about this at all!

IN THE SONG JUSTIFY HE DOES LIVE A DOUBLE LIFE.

titan9
12-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I think he is a man of God, but I also think he is a man with problems(if the story is true). No Christian is perfect, including myself. But I still believe in God and Christ, and I am still a Christian despite my imperfections.

It seems like Scott acts like a total jerk when he is drunk, but is a lot different when he is sober. Just Tuesday he acted like a complete gentleman with a fan at the Regis and Kelly show. Instead of saying "no, I won't sign your CD", he went the extra mile, took pictures with her, signed the CD and a poster, and told the security guards(who thought the person was a threat) that "she's okay guys". I've heard other stories of him being polite and courteous with his fans, so this wasn't a one time occurance. However, I have also heard encounters with him on the opposite side of the spectrum, where he's a jerk to them. Perhaps that can be attributed to problems with alcohol or drugs. If that is his problem, he needs help.

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
It says in the Billboard article and on 311's board that the police were called. But then it says in RS that they weren't. What's up with the inaccuracies there?
That was my point. We don't really know who was called. Maybe by cops they meant the hotel security. They could have been in uniform or something.
Then why did one of the band members say on 311's official board that the cops were called and they took Scott out of the hotel? You've got a point about celebrity special treatment, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

see above

Why wouldn't they anonymously comment on it? It's between two celebrities, afterall.
True, you've got a point there. But still, it was between two celebrities and it happened at his hotel. Why wouldn't he want to have 15 minutes of fame?
Because, the hotel management would figure out who said it and the person likely would get fired. In many corporations, there are policies prohibiting talking to the media. I would think hotels would fall under that category as they deal with a lot of celebrities, and they wouldn't want to lose money if a celeb knows he can't count on the staff to keep their mouths shut, especially, if, as Steve said, it's an upscale place.

Another thing the PBF poster thought of: why would Scott be away from his family in Florida AND his son on Thanksgiving? His son seems to be the center of his life, so why would he want to be away from him on a Holiday?

More food for the thought.
Indeed, that is food for thought, and sadly, if it's true, it lends credence to those who believe the man is leading a double life and lying his ass off most of the time: his image vs. his real self.

titan9
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Another article on the story: http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4191041&nav=2FH5

A quote I find interesting:

"It was definitely started by 311."

The inaccuracies in this whole thing are astounding. First it was a broken hand, now it's a broken finger. I'm wondering when the REAL truth will come out?

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Another article on the story: http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4191041&nav=2FH5

A quote I find interesting:

The inaccuracies in this whole thing are astounding. First it was a broken hand, now it's a broken finger. I'm wondering when the REAL truth will come out?
Hmm, did the hotel cameras have audio as well as visual?
It would have been simple for any one of these web sites to call the Baltimore cops and find out if an incident report was filed. They might not say anything about the report since no charges were filed, but the last I knew, police logs were still public record. That would indicate the time of the call, the location of the call and a word or two on the incident. It also might indicate who responded to the call. Any decent reporter would try to get something out of the cops who were there, off the record at least, to confirm what the heck took place.

Ana4Stapp
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
You guys realized that? Insteady of discussing his song on TGD twhich by this way was released just a few days ago this guy made us discussing his weird behaviour??? :eek:

And yeah Titan, Stapp needs 'help'-- but not coming from the others but from himself...

Chase
12-01-2005, 09:04 PM

I never said that it's okay. But what I am saying is people are quick to jump to conclusions despite of the fact that Stapp is a well known, polarizing figure in music. I mean... all sorts of bands have said crazy stuff about Stapp over the years. My point is... where were all of you when these events happened? Obviously not in the same room as Stapp and 311. There were no police reports, no pictures... just an internet message board posting (and so-called "responsible" journalists who are using that as their ONLY source of information). So... it is sort of fair to say that we're all jumping to conclusions. I won't condemn someone for something that has little evidence. We know MTV and Rollingstone were pretty critical on Creed... and they would love to publish something to tarnish Stapp's image. I mean... it's all sensationalism.

titan9
12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Hmm, did the hotel cameras have audio as well as visual?
It would have been simple for any one of these web sites to call the Baltimore cops and find out if an incident report was filed. They might not say anything about the report since no charges were filed, but the last I knew, police logs were still public record. That would indicate the time of the call, the location of the call and a word or two on the incident. It also might indicate who responded to the call. Any decent reporter would try to get something out of the cops who were there, off the record at least, to confirm what the heck took place.

I had thought the same thing, Dogstar. I'd personally love to see this video released to the public, so that we could see what happened. I kinda doubt that'll happen, though, but I could be wrong as the Ashlee Simpson/McDonalds incident security tape was released not too long ago.

And yeah Titan, Stapp needs 'help'-- but not coming from the others but from himself...

Well, if he has a drinking/drug problem, he definitely needs to own up for it and go to rehab.

uncertaindrumer
12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
With his past it all seems rather likely that he was either inebriated or impaired in someway, and got into a fight at a REALLY dumb time... I almost feel bad for him.

titan9
12-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Here's the AP story for those interested: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/26492954

Chase
12-01-2005, 09:58 PM
But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

This is getting weirder every second lol.

So now this question arises: Do we believe 311 or the director of security?

Steve
12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
The AP story seems to confirm that police did not respond to the incident:

Officer Troy Harris, spokesman for the Baltimore Police, said the department didn't have any record of officers responding to the hotel.

It also has the same quote from the hotel security head

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
But it says further up in the story that police were called but no arrests made. Man, wtf? Where are the copy editors when you need them ;)?

titan9
12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
So the police weren't called? Then how come 311 said they were? Was that just a lie on 311's part? It seems to me that the more that comes out, the less credible 311 appears to be. I'd still love to see that security tape, though.

And for the record, I'd be more inclined to believe an unbiased observer than 311.

sina2b
12-01-2005, 10:35 PM
The police probably went there and after the talk they had they decided to let it go since all were celebrities, 311 did say they did not intend to make this public at first.

As for the hotel manager, how would he not comment at first? Or is rollingstone lying? The manager saw everything on tape, those dont have voice and yes in general 311 did start the actual fight, they have admitted it themselves that scott was looking for a fight and "We" gave it to him.

If you guys really like stapp this is not the way to go about this, because stuff like this ultimately hurts him more than anyone else and defending and supporting his actions will most likely not make him change the way he is.

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 10:37 PM
I think everybody's just wanting to know what really happened. It's not a matter of supporting his actions. Violence isn't the answer to solving problems.

TeriB19
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
This show ought to be interesting when it airs. I'm watching it for sure. As for the rest of this nonsense, let's just say whether Stapp started it or 311 started it, trouble does still seem to follow Stapp wherever he goes.

Reps for Stapp and Ostrosky did not respond to detailed messages yesterday, but viewers can see Stapp's bad behavior for themselves - with appropriate bleeps, of course - when the show airs Dec. 6.

titan9
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I think everybody's just wanting to know what really happened. It's not a matter of supporting his actions. Violence isn't the answer to solving problems.

Exactly. And given what the AP report says, it seems like the 311 guys were more at fault than they were willing to admit. They painted themselves as the good guys, when they were apparently in the wrong as well. Still doesn't excuse Stapp's drunken behavior, if he was in fact smashed.

This show ought to be interesting when it airs. I'm watching it for sure. As for the rest of this nonsense, let's just say whether Stapp started it or 311 started it, trouble does still seem to follow Stapp wherever he goes.

Agreed. I will watch it, however, I cannot promise I'll sit through the whole movie they are showing...I think it's a Jean Claude Van Damm movie. :laugh:

Dogstar
12-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Agreed. I will watch it, however, I cannot promise I'll sit through the whole movie they are showing...I think it's a Jean Claude Van Damm movie. :laugh:
:laugh: I hope somebody tapes it :D

titan9
12-01-2005, 10:51 PM
With that, the question now is: given PBF rips anything on TV that involves Stapp, will they rip his appearance on that show? :laugh: I'm sorry, I could not resist. :D

facelessmike
12-02-2005, 07:15 AM
With that, the question now is: given PBF rips anything on TV that involves Stapp, will they rip his appearance on that show? :laugh: I'm sorry, I could not resist. :D

That will be VERY interesting :rolleyes:

Wow, I think every base has been covered since I last saw this thread 24 hrs ago...now we just have to find out the truth. If this continues to grow, WU should release a statement...cant wait for the 6th.

TheGreatDivide
12-02-2005, 07:24 AM
this is pretyt big news since its on Fark.com and only big news makes that site

Rocketqueen
12-02-2005, 10:06 AM
this is pretyt big news since its on Fark.com and only big news makes that site
i asure you it will grow old

Stappishot
12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
If it's not true, why wont Stapp let everyone know. If a rumor was going around about me, and it wasn't true, I would tell everyone, listen this rumor that is going around is not true, and it's all a lie. But since he's not responding and coming with his own story of what happened, I'm thinking this is true. Why would u let something go around about u if it's not true? U would try to put an end to it somehow, right?

titan9
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
He's on Rockline December 5th, and I'd assume that they'll ask him about it. He's probably waiting to properly address it then. Also, Wind-up may be telling him NOT to say anything. Afterall, they have refused to comment on it.

At this point, we know something happened between Stapp and 311. The Hotel Security Manager has confirmed it and it was caught on tape. What we don't know, though, is who's more at fault in this: Stapp or 311. Right now, that manager says 311 definitely started it. And because he is an unbiased observer, I'd be more inclined to believe him, especially because there have been inaccuracies in 311's story. I'm thinking they wanted to discuss it as quickly as possible, paint themselves as the good guys, and hope that it wouldn't be all over the internet and that no one who was there would come forward. If everything that 311 said was true, then why isn't the security manager backing their story up? That's why I doubt some of what 311 has said.

stappissohot
12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
If you haven't heard this already... Apparantly on Thanksgiving Stapp entered a hotel bar drunk, got into an argument with the hotel concilearge (sp?) and then proceeded to get into a fight with two members from the band 311. Here's a statement from 311:

Another thread here (http://bbs.311.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29501) One of the band members actually told the same story during an interview on KROQ radio today as well.

This is almost a mirror of his previous "bar fights." You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...
Just a friendly reminder to not believe everything you read....Scott wants to remind all not to believe everything you read, some is probably true but again don't believe everything you read

Bridge of Clay
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I bet Stapp will take like a week to address the question and will just reply by saying "it was just a wild night. That's what's rock n' roll is all about" or something to that extent, like they did after Chicago...

TeriB19
12-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I hope we don't get another 'it's rock and roll' explanation.

titan9
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I honestly hope he addresses it well on Rockline. We've heard 311's side, we've heard the unbiased observer's side(the Hotel security manager) and now all that's left is Stapp's side. We know that a fight occured between 311 and Stapp, so he better not try to deny that or else he's gonna make a fool of himself.

Chase
12-02-2005, 01:09 PM
When two kids get in a fight... they will each say: "He/She started it!"

You have to take into account the security director's comment. I would listen to him OVER Stapp or 311... because he's a guy who probably deals with all sorts of things. Like celebrities, fights, drug use... etc.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 01:47 PM
When two kids get in a fight... they will each say: "He/She started it!"

You have to take into account the security director's comment. I would listen to him OVER Stapp or 311... because he's a guy who probably deals with all sorts of things. Like celebrities, fights, drug use... etc.

Since most stapp fans are so considerate of sorrounding issues, why dont they consider the fact that this is not the first time hes got himself into such issues, and its not only 311 whose accusing him of being an ass and drunk all the time right at this particular moment.

scottstappisadick.com , its a creed fan's site whose also a DJ at least from what I understood.

titan9
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I don't think anyone is not considering the previous bar fight, the Chicago incident etc. when discussing this new thing. All I'm saying(and others) is that maybe 311 hasn't been completely truthful, maybe Stapp isn't as in the wrong as some are saying. I'm not saying that he should continue to go bars, continue to get drunk and make a fool of himself. All I'm saying is that I don't believe 311 has told the real truth, or else the security guy would have agreed with their story. I'd believe that guy before I believed one of the people involved in the fight, as like Chase pointed out, those involved will always say "he started it" when that may not always be the case. The security guy is unbiased; 311 might be biased and the same can be said for Stapp if/when he tells his side of the story.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't think anyone is not considering the previous bar fight, the Chicago incident etc. when discussing this new thing. All I'm saying(and others) is that maybe 311 hasn't been completely truthful, maybe Stapp isn't as in the wrong as some are saying. I'm not saying that he should continue to go bars, continue to get drunk and make a fool of himself. All I'm saying is that I don't believe 311 has told the real truth, or else the security guy would have agreed with their story. I'd believe that guy before I believed one of the people involved in the fight, as like Chase pointed out, those involved will always say "he started it" when that may not always be the case. The security guy is unbiased; 311 might be biased and the same can be said for Stapp if/when he tells his side of the story.

Yes but how would the security guy possibly know what happended and who started the fight? Cause if hes was close enough to them, there wouldnt have been any fight at all.

Dogstar
12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I honestly hope he addresses it well on Rockline. We've heard 311's side, we've heard the unbiased observer's side(the Hotel security manager) and now all that's left is Stapp's side. We know that a fight occured between 311 and Stapp, so he better not try to deny that or else he's gonna make a fool of himself.
Wouldn't surprise me if WU bans any questions about it. Look what happened at that interview where he was set up. From all accounts, the WU people weren't too happy with that.

evyllsummer
12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if WU bans any questions about it. Look what happened at that interview where he was set up. From all accounts, the WU people weren't too happy with that.

yeah, that's what WU did when Stapp was on wmms...the DJ was warned...

titan9
12-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Let me correct what I said. The Director of Security at the hotel was quoted as saying that 311 started it. He said that the incident was captured on security cameras, so he obviously must have watched the tape before saying anything about the fight.

titan9
12-02-2005, 02:10 PM

True. But I'd like to think that for Scott's own good, they'd allow him to at least tell his side of the story and leave it at that. Right now people think he is remaining silent because the fight was all his fault.

Dogstar
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
True. But I'd like to think that for Scott's own good, they'd allow him to at least tell his side of the story and leave it at that. Right now people think he is remaining silent because the fight was all his fault.
I don't know. When he told his side of the story about the Chicago show, that was a PR nightmare.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Let me correct what I said. The Director of Security at the hotel was quoted as saying that 311 started it. He said that the incident was captured on security cameras, so he obviously must have watched the tape before saying anything about the fight.

True, but what 311 is saying can actually happen if what theyre saying is true. But how you can analyze a fight and know who started it with a video with no voice at a very dark place just does not seem logical to me. Note that 311 admits to have started the ass kicking, but what actually started the fight was the comment stapp has made on one of their wives which the security manager does not know or can not tell from the video.

titan9
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't know. When he told his side of the story about the Chicago show, that was a PR nightmare.

Yeah, because it now appears that he lied about that to make himself look better. If he tells the truth about this new incident, maybe he can regain some credibility and some respect from people.

True, but what 311 is saying can actually happen if what theyre saying is true. But how you can analyze a fight and know who started it with a video with no voice at a very dark place just does not seem logical to me. Note that 311 admits to have started the ass kicking, but what actually started the fight was the comment stapp has made on one of their wives which the security manager does not know or can not tell from the video.

He might be able to tell that IF it had audio as well as visual. There's no telling if it did or didn't. Regardless, even if Stapp did say something(and if he did, that's downright disgraceful) that doesn't excuse violence. I've been called names in the past and have not raised a fist, no matter how bad. The only time I would result to fighting would be in self defense if I were attacked physically first. It would have been just as easy for 311 to walk out and leave Stapp there. I understand that the dude's wife's feelings were probably hurt, but I still don't think violence is the answer.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 02:51 PM
He might be able to tell that IF it had audio as well as visual. There's no telling if it did or didn't. Regardless, even if Stapp did say something(and if he did, that's downright disgraceful) that doesn't excuse violence. I've been called names in the past and have not raised a fist, no matter how bad. The only time I would result to fighting would be in self defense if I were attacked physically first. It would have been just as easy for 311 to walk out and leave Stapp there. I understand that the dude's wife's feelings were probably hurt, but I still don't think violence is the answer.

Very rarely security cameras have audio, even if it had audio how in the world would it capture scott's voice with music being played in the bar and all the other noise that usually goes on in a bar.

And yes your absoloutly right, a mature person would most likely not get into a fight no matter what the situation is but note that it was in a bar, and they were all drinking and a bit out of control. However drinking and fighting with someone who comments rudely on your wife is very different than drinking and breaking shot glasses and walking on people and talking shit to them.

titan9
12-02-2005, 02:58 PM
The thing is, until we can see the video footage(if we ever do), we won't know for sure if Scott was really doing all the stuff that 311 said he was. We don't know if he broke shot glasses, if he really said that stuff to that guy's wife or if he even talked s*** to 311. All we've heard is 311's side of the story, which may or may not be fully true. Afterall, we've(or at least I have) already seen some inaccuracies in their story.

It's true, bar fights happen all the time between drunk people for no apparent reason. They're pointless and sometimes quite harmful. If those people were in the right state of mind and not drunk, there wouldn't be any fights. I'm sure in this case that both Stapp and 311 were drunk(probably out of their minds) and that's why the fight occured.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 03:07 PM
because logically you have to believe 311 at this point.

1) this is the first time something like this has hapenned to them, not stapp.
2) they havent lied before, not stapp.
3) SpikeTV people are saying the same thing not to mention others.
4) Its strange that scott hasnt released a statement after all this time.
5) Alot of people close to stapp are having issues with him.

If your ignoring the facts above, then you just dont like to believe it. Your overall right when you say your waiting for solid evidence but in my oponion thats an excuse to not believe it for now in stapp's case. Because stapp's behaivior is well over solid evidence and wether this one incident is true or not does not change the fact that he has to get has act together.

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't believe Stapp at this point, and I don't believe 311 either. Really, I don't believe ANYONE except the director of security. I'm waiting to hear more before I really form more of an opinion on this whole thing. I'm also waiting to see that SpikeTV thing. It was taped right after he was on Live(he's wearing the same shirt in the promo pic on the site) so that wouldn't give him a large window of opportunity to get drunk. He didn't appear to be drunk at Live, and if he was, he did an excellent job of hiding it.

Even if it all comes out that Stapp was a jerk who caused the fight, who showed up to a taping drunk and acted sexist, it won't change the fact that I am a fan of his music. I don't worship him as a human being; I just enjoy his music.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
if he was/is intoxicated he probably does drugs rather than drinking specially when you have the money, its much more convenient and safer too use in public (and the high is better too). and I doubt if hes an alchoholic where he has to drink all the time.

Im not drawing any conclusions here but according to his acts and that fact that he sees himself on top of the world, cocain has these kinds of effects.

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:28 PM
It's entirely possible, but who knows for sure. 311 was quoted as saying that his girlfriend mentioned something about him being on illegal drugs. Whether or not she really said that, it remains to be seen and we may never know what she said exactly. I'd prefer not to speculate on that, right now.

About the second part of your post: I've never really studied the effects of cocaine use, nor have I ever done drugs, so I have no idea if cocaine really does that. Again, I'm not going to speculate on whether he does that drug or not. It's pointless right now to even discuss that, imo,.

However, if he does have substance abuse problems, he needs to get help and go to rehab immediately. Otherwise, he could flush his career and maybe even his life down the drain.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
It's entirely possible, but who knows for sure. 311 was quoted as saying that his girlfriend mentioned something about him being on illegal drugs. Whether or not she really said that, it remains to be seen and we may never know what she said exactly. I'd prefer not to speculate on that, right now.

About the second part of your post: I've never really studied the effects of cocaine use, nor have I ever done drugs, so I have no idea if cocaine really does that. Again, I'm not going to speculate on whether he does that drug or not. It's pointless right now to even discuss that, imo,.

However, if he does have substance abuse problems, he needs to get help and go to rehab immediately. Otherwise, he could flush his career and maybe even his life down the drain.

Yes and in the interview the 311 guy mentioned a few times that he was out of his mind.

yes thats what cocaine does to you, besides the energy it boosts your confidence to the highest where you think you can overcome everything easily and other effects in that relation.

What do you mean he could? he allready has if you compare his career/life with a few years ago.

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
His reputation has definitely taken a hit, but he is still famous and still has a record deal. He hasn't flushed his career completely down the drain yet...but if he keeps doing negative stuff, he will do just that.

Chris98GT
12-02-2005, 03:46 PM
"I do not have to Justify... the way I live... my life."

:lolsign:

LiquidDonut
12-02-2005, 03:59 PM
hello, I am a 311 fan and often post on the 311 board. I just want to post a link that has a clip of SA Martinez being interviewed about the brawl by Stryker on KROQ.

SA Martinez on KROQ (http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20051201134109990001)

Chris98GT
12-02-2005, 04:30 PM
hello, I am a 311 fan and often post on the 311 board. I just want to post a link that has a clip of SA Martinez being interviewed about the brawl by Stryker on KROQ.

SA Martinez on KROQ (http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20051201134109990001)
Amazing. Simply amazing.

Thank you for posting that.

~lone311fan~
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
What's up everybody? As you can tell by my name I'm a 311 fan, and a pretty diehard one at that. I've read the disclaimer and stuff so don't try to delete my posts because I come in peace, just like 311 does. At first I just came here bc there was a link on another 311 message board and I wanted to check out your viewpoints on this. I was not planning on posting but after reading I just want to put my 2 cents in.

First off, about 311 in general. 311 are some of the nicest guys in the entire world. They preach positivity in their music and really follow it up in real life. To the person who is from Omaha and claims that 311 has egos, to say it simply, you're wrong. They have a great underground fan base that they truly care about. They tour nonstop at the request of their BB members and after any show they'll come out and chat with you even if its 15 degrees. Nick has a slight chip on the shoulder, but he's a rock star. Still, I've talked with him after numerous shows and had genuine convos with him, esp. about the song they played for me because I requested it on the BB. Nice guys huh?? Secondly, to say that they did this as a publicity stunt is ridiculous. 311 could give a damn about media attention. They've been together for 15 years and not once have pushed the issue of becoming main stream. Sure, Down and other songs became popular, but they have always talked about how they don't want to become MTV. So I'm sure they wouldn't do something like this just for media attention.

I was going to put in my opinion about the whole incident but I'm tired of typing and you're probably tired of reading. Just wanted to let you know that 311 are some great guys, would not start something for no reason, and are most likely telling the truth. When Scott Stapp mans up and tells his side like 311 has, then we may have the whole picture and be able to figure it out. Until then....

"Indulge me
Just for a minute
Imagine noone holdin out
All trying for PEACE!!!!"~ 311

Dogstar
12-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Thank you for being respectful, lone311fan, because we try to run a nice board here. I confess, I'm not a big fan of their music, and I really haven't heard that much, but they don't seem like the kind of band that causes a lot of trouble. It's just a shame it had to happen in the first place.

ctfan
12-02-2005, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=titan9]I'm also waiting to see that SpikeTV thing. It was taped right after he was on Live(he's wearing the same shirt in the promo pic on the site)/QUOTE]

Titan, did you read that somewhere? :)

ctfan
12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
if he was/is intoxicated he probably does drugs rather than drinking specially when you have the money, its much more convenient and safer too use in public (and the high is better too). and I doubt if hes an alchoholic where he has to drink all the time.

Im not drawing any conclusions here but according to his acts and that fact that he sees himself on top of the world, cocain has these kinds of effects.

Wow, one quick mention that it's possible he wasn't intoxicated on the Casino Cinema show, because of a slim chance of a narrow window margin, and he's now snorting coke. Geezus H. Christ.

*apologizes for double post*

titan9
12-02-2005, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=titan9]I'm also waiting to see that SpikeTV thing. It was taped right after he was on Live(he's wearing the same shirt in the promo pic on the site)/QUOTE]

Titan, did you read that somewhere? :)

Yup, read it at PBF(I'm a non-posting member there). I examined the pic myself and it's the exact same light blue long sleeve shirt.

geletmote
12-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Wouldnt he be fun to go out with, well it doe appear he acts like a jerk but just because his famous doesnt mean he has to behave how society expects him to behave, his human aswell let him get druink let him have a fight his a rokstar and he can do wateva he likes.. thats why he wrote the lyrics to BULLETS bcoz his sick of everyone.

sina2b
12-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Wouldnt he be fun to go out with, well it doe appear he acts like a jerk but just because his famous doesnt mean he has to behave how society expects him to behave, his human aswell let him get druink let him have a fight his a rokstar and he can do wateva he likes.. thats why he wrote the lyrics to BULLETS bcoz his sick of everyone.

it doesnt matter if hes a rockstar, president or anyone in this planet, if thats the way he thinks he deserves to get his ass kicked which did happen. you seem to think that way too? lol

sina2b
12-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Wow, one quick mention that it's possible he wasn't intoxicated on the Casino Cinema show, because of a slim chance of a narrow window margin, and he's now snorting coke. Geezus H. Christ.

*apologizes for double post*

I said Im not drawing conclusions to avoid such a reply, I said those are effects cocain has and yes his current behaivior very much goes along with it. Either way I would also like to add no matter what substance you use it does not give you the right to act the way hes said to be acting. I dont care if "musicians" specially Rock Stars use substances personally as i think its something that goes along with being a rockstar as it does make them more creative in some ways and the majority of people in that field are doing it but it does not give you the right to act however the hell you want.

rabidgopher04
12-03-2005, 01:48 AM
It's for real y'all: http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/02/people.stapp.311.ap/index.html

facelessmike
12-03-2005, 02:59 AM
At this point, you gotta give more creedence to the security director and the video footage than 311's story, even if they are nice peaceful guys. Funny they didnt mention that quote "311 definitely started it" on that radio interview with them.

facelessmike
12-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Just found out (from pbf) that Scott's upcoming appearance on Rockline has been cancelled...There goes the chance to get his side of the story! :rolleyes:

The Lithium
12-03-2005, 06:23 AM
If it really was 311 who started it, why would Stapp and Wind-Up be afraid to speak about it and defend Stapp? It said in the article that Wind-Up didn't want to comment on the happening and now Stapp cancelled Rockline? If Stapp is innocent, why won't they speak about it?

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Interesting link (i dunno if that has been posted, i lost this thread at the 4th page):
http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20051201134109990001

UPDATE
Official 311 Statement

What causes rock stars to fight? Well, allegedly hitting someone's wife might be just cause. Nebraska-born rocker S.A. of the band 311 called into Los Angeles radio station KROQ Wednesday (Nov. 30) night to tell the world exactly what he says happened between him and ex-Creed lead singer Scott Stapp over Thanksgiving.

According to S.A., he, his wife and 311 drummer Chad Sexton were in a Baltimore, Md. hotel on Thanksgiving day and moseyed down to the bar to watch a Lakers game. S.A. tells KROQ's Stryker that Stapp rolled into the bar "looking to cause trouble," and "began taking shots and breaking shot glasses."

Not wanting to ruin a perfectly lovely Turkey Day, S.A. and his wife stepped away from the bar and moved to a table. S.A. says Scott approached the couple at their table, but not wanting to start trouble, the couple ignored Stapp and pretended like he wasn't there. Then S.A. says that out of nowhere, Scott made a derogatory comment directed at his wife. S.A. says, "I put my drink down and said what the f***k did you just say?"

Sexton, watching this from the other end of the bar, walked over to the table and, according to S.A., told Scott he couldn't talk to women like that. That's when it got ugly.

In the interview, S.A. said Stapp threw a punch at Sexton which also ended up hitting S.A.'s wife. In response, S.A. punched Stapp and -- in his words -- "laid him out." Sexton also threw a few punches at Stapp, which escalated the brawl.

S.A. says the hotel called the police and threw Stapp out. S.A. confirms to Stryker that he is totally fine after the incident, but is nursing a broken hand - ouch!

Stapp seems to have a history of creating drama. Today's New York Post reports that Stapp started a major ruckus on the set of "Casino Cinema," which airs on Spike TV. According to witnesses on the set, Stapp arrived "drunk" and "was totally wild on set -- cursing, giving the finger, and dissing Bono and Dave Grohl." According to the Post, the whole brouhaha was caught on camera and will air next Tuesday, Dec. 6. The tirade also reportedly features Stapp hurling insults at the other guests, including Howard Stern's girlfriend Beth Ostrosky. Witnesses say he called her a "bimbo."

TMZ contacted representatives for both parties. A representative for 311 says "All is fine...S.A. has a broken hand, but the show rolls on." At press time, representatives for Stapp had not returned our calls. Baltimore Police say no charges have been filed. TMZ contacted the hotel which said they "knew nothing about that."

Nebraska-born rocker S.A. of the band 311 called into Los Angeles radio station KROQ Wednesday (Nov. 30) to tell the world exactly what he says happened between him and ex-Creed lead singer Scott Stapp over Thanksgiving. The 311 band members involved in the incident have sent out an official statement.

Click on the official statement above.

I dont think Spike tv is very happy with Stapp after what happened at the Casino Cinema. Who's still believing that Stapp didnt start that fight is cause he/she doesnt wanna admit it. I do believe that Stapp started it.

RockGoddess
12-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Just found out (from pbf) that Scott's upcoming appearance on Rockline has been cancelled...There goes the chance to get his side of the story! :rolleyes:

Yes, and he's being replaced on Rockline by Alter Bridge. :D

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
He's on Rockline December 5th, and I'd assume that they'll ask him about it. He's probably waiting to properly address it then. Also, Wind-up may be telling him NOT to say anything. Afterall, they have refused to comment on it.

AB will be on Rockline December 5th, not Stapp :D
Check out the website: http://www.rocklineradio.com/

Alter Bridge has joined us twice to support their debut album "One Day Remains". In fact, they gave us the world radio premiere and performed live on the show August 9, 2004. Obviously, things turned out pretty well for the band after that and they joined us once again in April of this year. Due to a last minute cancellation regarding another artist, we are now pleased to offer this exclusive Encore ROCKLINE featuring Alter Bridge performing live and describing what was then their new band and album. The show is filled with anticipation and hopefulness as Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall prepared to embark on what was then an unknown journey.

ROCKLINE has learned that Alter Bridge is ready to return to the studio soon in preparation for their sophomore release. So, before that event takes place, we'll revisit this moment in the infancy of a band that has now carved their niche and made a place for themselves in the pantheon of Rock. Alter Bridge has just concluded a tour with Three Doors Down, and "One Day Remains" has been certified gold in the U.S. Learn more at AlterBridge.com.

Join us for an Encore evening with Alter Bridge, highlighted by a live performance on the next ROCKLINE! 1-800-344-ROCK

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 08:48 AM
TMZ contacted representatives for both parties. A representative for 311 says "All is fine...S.A. has a broken hand, but the show rolls on." At press time, representatives for Stapp had not returned our calls. Baltimore Police say no charges have been filed. TMZ contacted the hotel which said they "knew nothing about that."

Why not? That was a real chance to give his side of the story...

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 08:54 AM
."

Why not? That was a real chance to give his side of the story...
Anna, with all my respect (and i understand you wanna hear soemthing comming from his mouth), are you still expecting Stapp to say he didnt start the fight....thats more than obvious that he wont say anyhting about it cause he knows that what really hapenned was his fault.

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Anna, with all my respect (and i understand you wanna hear soemthing comming from his mouth), are you still expecting Stapp to say he didnt start the fight....thats more than obvious that he wont say anyhting about it cause he knows that what really hapenned was his fault.

No way, Gabi, I think you missed my posts here... Im not judging him , but I really think he started the fight...and what I meant was that saying nothing its almost like a confession...
Hope you get me now. ;)

PS: But I still love his music!

The Lithium
12-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Who's still believing that Stapp didnt start that fight is cause he/she doesnt wanna admit it. I do believe that Stapp started it.
Yeah, I don't know. The Security guards at the hotel, said, after watching the whole thing on video, that 311 started the fight. But still... If he appeard that drunk on that show and it will air;

A) I sure hope someone rips it, 'cause I want to see that
B) His days as an artist are pretty much over

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I don't know. The Security guards at the hotel, said, after watching the whole thing on video, that 311 started the fight. But still... If he appeard that drunk on that show and it will air;

A) I sure hope someone rips it, 'cause I want to see that
B) His days as an artist are pretty much over

Well, I dont know Lith, cause this is (of course) a bad promotion, but still a 'promotion', ya know? :rolleyes:

The Lithium
12-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes, but seriously... It's not like this would be Stapp's first mistake. He has behaved like an ass before and if he let's his fans down again, I expected most of us to walk away from him. At least I will! He has done so much crap of the past few years and this would just be destroying himself. It's a bit sad, though. He was very talented in Creed, both in singing and writing lyrics.

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 09:29 AM
No way, Gabi, I think you missed my posts here... Im not judging him , but I really think he started the fight...and what I meant was that saying nothing its almost like a confession...
Hope you get me now. ;)

PS: But I still love his music!

Sorry, i didnt get your point before. It would be so refreshing that for once he would say the true about something.

PS: I respect you like his music

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Sorry, i didnt get your point before. It would be so refreshing that for once he would say the true about something.

PS: I respect you like his music

No prob, Gabi. ;)

titan9
12-03-2005, 11:03 AM
AB will be on Rockline December 5th, not Stapp :D
Check out the website: http://www.rocklineradio.com/

Isn't that a bit ironic? :rolleyes: Anyway, I think the cancelation was WU's decision, not necessarily Stapp's. Why else would Alter Bridge be his replacement? It seems to me like WU is telling Stapp to lay low right now, for whatever reason. Does that automatically make him guilty? No, but it does make people wonder.

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I dont get surprise that WU changed Stapp for AB. WU must feel ashame to bring him again on an interview due his attitude problems. Anyway, what rockline posted about AB says a lot in favour of the band and i am happy for them.

titan9
12-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I think WU is just hoping that this whole thing will die down and they won't have to comment about it. They're probably disappointed in him, yes, but they do know that he has a history of getting into trouble and they knew what they were getting themselves into. They want him to be their main money-maker, much like Creed was. The only way he'll be able to do that is if he keeps himself out of trouble, gets good promotion(which he has) and tours a lot.

Dogstar
12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I think Wind Up is now circling the wagons. I'll bet it was their decision to cancel the Rockline appearance.

Trimontana
12-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Wind Up is now circling the wagons. I'll bet it was their decision to cancel the Rockline appearance.100% most probably and i think its a good decision

ctfan
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Yup, read it at PBF(I'm a non-posting member there). I examined the pic myself and it's the exact same light blue long sleeve shirt.

Thanks Titan. I appreciate it. :)

titan9
12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
The image, for those interested:

http://www.spiketv.com/events/casinocinema/images/guest_stapp_187x100.jpg

Mrprophetman
12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
It's for real y'all: http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/02/people.stapp.311.ap/index.html

For somebody who the members of 311 claimed they did major damage, the guy looks pretty good to me, and this picture was taken one day after this fight occurred?

Ana4Stapp
12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
If it really was 311 who started it, why would Stapp and Wind-Up be afraid to speak about it and defend Stapp? It said in the article that Wind-Up didn't want to comment on the happening and now Stapp cancelled Rockline? If Stapp is innocent, why won't they speak about it?

yes, you 're right Lith, and his silence can be interpretated as a confession ...

evyllsummer
12-03-2005, 09:19 PM
well, I could be wrong, but, from what I've seen, the only major damage that 311 is claiming to have done was to themselves (with the broken hand)...their story is it was less punch-throwing by them and more trying to hold Stapp down...

ctfan
12-03-2005, 11:45 PM
well, I could be wrong, but, from what I've seen, the only major damage that 311 is claiming to have done was to themselves (with the broken hand)...their story is it was less punch-throwing by them and more trying to hold Stapp down...

Oh come on, the one band member from 311 said himself on radio that "Stapp went down", "I laid Stapp out", commented on the drummer "getting in a couple good shots" and then at the end when the dj asked if Stapp would be sportin any marks, the guy even said, "I can't imagine him not having any".

By that pic CNN posted of Stapp, he looks damn good to have been out of his mind, and beaten up no more than 24 hours before it was taken.

evyllsummer
12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Oh come on, the one band member from 311 said himself on radio that "Stapp went down", "I laid Stapp out", commented on the drummer "getting in a couple good shots" and then at the end when the dj asked if Stapp would be sportin any marks, the guy even said, "I can't imagine him not having any".

By that pic CNN posted of Stapp, he looks damn good to have been out of his mind, and beaten up no more than 24 hours before it was taken.

well, a "couple of good shots" could have been body shots, and, if they were trying to subdue him, body shots would be the way to go...if all three guys were TRYING to kick the crap out of him, he WOULD have had some SERIOUS facial abrasions, as I doubt that Stapp would be very effective against multiple opponents with only his supposed boxing training...did they once mention that they hit him in the face, and WHERE on the face? Or are you of the opinion that they are making the whole thing up and it never happened? I mean, I'm sure they could have just made the whole thing up... I guess that's why the Leather Messiah has flatly denied that it happened...oh wait, he HASN'T...

he's really hurting himself by not saying ANYTHING...if he were to come out and tell his side, whatever it might be, his fans would believe him...however, by saying NOTHING, he is allowing the 311 version to be the only one told (other than the security guard), and, consequently, leaving his fans to fend for themselves in finding what they believe to be truth...

PJAmerica
12-04-2005, 02:58 AM
This is my response, who gives a fuck? really? Who does? Your politicians are full of shit and put off an image that they are something they are not almost always and people vote for them still even knowing they are shitty for the job.

I like the dudes music, I don't care who he fights, fucks, kisses or pisses off. I neither defend him or slander him.

SummerGirl
12-04-2005, 04:58 AM
By that pic CNN posted of Stapp, he looks damn good to have been out of his mind, and beaten up no more than 24 hours before it was taken. Um...no he doesn't look good...poor thing...THAT pic isn't flattering at all...kind of looks like he is make a platypus face or something...

Muad'Dib
12-04-2005, 06:47 AM
I like the dudes music, I don't care who he fights, fucks, kisses or pisses off. I neither defend him or slander him.

Agree, who gives a fuck what he does. Its not going to stop me from liking his music.

INDIGOSTEVE
12-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Agree, who gives a fuck what he does. Its not going to stop me from liking his music.
ME TOO!

INDIGOSTEVE
12-04-2005, 09:04 AM

311 IS A JOKE ANYWAY THEY SUCK!

Trimontana
12-04-2005, 11:06 AM

311 fan base is bigger than Stapp's....believe what i am saying....so they musn't suck so much for the opinion of those people.

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 12:34 PM
I dont get surprise that WU changed Stapp for AB. WU must feel ashame to bring him again on an interview due his attitude problems. Anyway, what rockline posted about AB says a lot in favour of the band and i am happy for them.
Yeah, I think that's ironic... Stapp behaves like an ass, so AB gets promoted instead. Thanks a lot Stapp, this is great stuff for AB!

yes, you 're right Lith, and his silence can be interpretated as a confession ...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Or maybe it's like Gabi said. They're just ashamed of him and afraid his gonna pull more shit off. Maybe he is innocent, they've just had enough of his crap!

Oh yes, good point. Let Stapp punch every artist you dislike in the face!

Dude, they're still people. No treats anyone the way Stapp seems to have treated 311!

sina2b
12-04-2005, 04:41 PM

I give a fuck, cause im not gonna buy something thats non existant and is a bunch of crap and I wont listen to it everyday and base my doing and life and action on it, im not stupid and i wont buy everything anyone tries to sell to me.

stapp is a fakeass christ wannabe whose music totally contradicts with what he really is therefor it cant come from passion and i wont buy it.

And you might not give a fuck, thats totally ok but history has shown that the majority of people do give a fuck specially in this country that hollywood and the music industry is mostly based on publicity.

Mrprophetman
12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
311 fan base is bigger than Stapp's....believe what i am saying....so they musn't suck so much for the opinion of those people.

If I'm going to listen to reggae music, I listen to people who play real reggae music.

sina2b
12-04-2005, 05:25 PM
If I'm going to listen to reggae music, I listen to people who play real reggae music.

And I bet the 311 fans rather listen to pearl jam if they wanna hear scott. Im not defending anyones music here all im trying to say is that all artists have fans and not everybody likes them. This is a pointless convo you guys are having.

Trimontana
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
And I bet the 311 fans rather listen to pearl jam if they wanna hear scott. Im not defending anyones music here all im trying to say is that all artists have fans and not everybody likes them. This is a pointless convo you guys are having.
i agree with you tho. For that reason i had to say something defending 311 when someone posted that they were a joke and they sucked.

Dogstar
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I give a fuck, cause im not gonna buy something thats non existant and is a bunch of crap and I wont listen to it everyday and base my doing and life and action on it, im not stupid and i wont buy everything anyone tries to sell to me.

stapp is a fakeass christ wannabe whose music totally contradicts with what he really is therefor it cant come from passion and i wont buy it.

And you might not give a fuck, thats totally ok but history has shown that the majority of people do give a fuck specially in this country that hollywood and the music industry is mostly based on publicity.
Worship the music, not the musician.

titan9
12-04-2005, 08:51 PM

No matter how much I hear that saying, I never get sick of it. So true. :D

sina2b
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM

very true when the music is really worth, in scott's case other factors play a role too since his music is good but not good enough to cover for all hes doing.

Stappishot
12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I always wondered what does Scott's girlfriend thinks about him now that this happened?

titan9
12-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Who knows, but I do wonder if he's doing these things(fights/showing up drunk to tapings) because of some problems with his relationship with his girlfriend. It seems like he might have a perchant for using alcohol to self-medicate when he is going through tough things. I don't know, though.

sina2b
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I always wondered what does Scott's girlfriend thinks about him now that this happened?

the same thing she thought before, he's a rockstar, rich and famous.

Stappishot
12-04-2005, 10:09 PM
lol

uncertaindrumer
12-05-2005, 08:45 AM

I'm NOT saying Stapp necessarily is one but do you honestly expect me to support a band, group, singer, movie, director or ANYTHING that I consider immoral or idiotic? What kind of message is that sending?

Worship the music not the musician is an easy way to justify liking anyone, and is also a reason so many rock stars, actors etc. GET to be big idiots. We let them.

sina2b
12-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm NOT saying Stapp necessarily is one but do you honestly expect me to support a band, group, singer, movie, director or ANYTHING that I consider immoral or idiotic? What kind of message is that sending?

Worship the music not the musician is an easy way to justify liking anyone, and is also a reason so many rock stars, actors etc. GET to be big idiots. We let them.

amen

Chase
12-05-2005, 01:27 PM

You're a Led Zeppelin fan right? By using your logic, you don't find drug use to be immoral.

Dogstar
12-05-2005, 01:36 PM

It's sending the message to stop this friggin celebrity-worshiping obsession people have with the private lives of those making the music. Fans are obsessed with knowing every little friggin detail of an artist's life. Why should that matter? They make the music, you buy the music. They put on a concert, you attend the concert. It should end there. If people weren't such fucking ass-wiping sycophantic greedy wanabes, maybe the artists would feel like they could concentrate on what they do best instead of trying to be perfect in the eyes of the idiots who put them on a pedestal. They are not perfect people and neither is anyone else. There are plenty of "regular joes" who engage in the same activities purportedly engaged in by Stapp and 311. I know plenty of people who have substance abuse problems, but that doesn't make them bad people. It makes them humans who happen to have a substance abuse problem. I'm not going to judge a person based on his imperfections, the same imperfections that some of those not in the public eye have. And before you go on about, they chose to be in the public eye, blah, blah, blah, it still doesn't mean they deserve the unfair higher standards placed upon them by their supposed fans. I'm not justifying the man's behavior, but he's not out there selling drugs to people or murdering or stealing, or engaging in behavior I would consider immoral. I know people who have done far worse things to others and have never had to pay for that behavior.

We do let them, by focusing on everything BUT the music and putting them on an undeserved pedestal. Enjoy the music and get off your high moral horse.

Dogstar
12-05-2005, 01:37 PM
You're a Led Zeppelin fan right? By using your logic, you don't find drug use to be immoral.
Thank you, I was just about to edit my post to include that.

sina2b
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
It's sending the message to stop this friggin celebrity-worshiping obsession people have with the private lives of those making the music. Fans are obsessed with knowing every little friggin detail of an artist's life. Why should that matter? They make the music, you buy the music. They put on a concert, you attend the concert. It should end there. If people weren't such fucking ass-wiping sycophantic greedy wanabes, maybe the artists would feel like they could concentrate on what they do best instead of trying to be perfect in the eyes of the idiots who put them on a pedestal. They are not perfect people and neither is anyone else. There are plenty of "regular joes" who engage in the same activities purportedly engaged in by Stapp and 311. I know plenty of people who have substance abuse problems, but that doesn't make them bad people. It makes them humans who happen to have a substance abuse problem. I'm not going to judge a person based on his imperfections, the same imperfections that some of those not in the public eye have. And before you go on about, they chose to be in the public eye, blah, blah, blah, it still doesn't mean they deserve the unfair higher standards placed upon them by their supposed fans. I'm not justifying the man's behavior, but he's not out there selling drugs to people or murdering or stealing, or engaging in behavior I would consider immoral. I know people who have done far worse things to others and have never had to pay for that behavior.

We do let them, by focusing on everything BUT the music and putting them on an undeserved pedestal. Enjoy the music and get off your high moral horse.

thats obsession is envolved in being a celebrity, and thats why they are celebrities and famous because they get alot of freakin attention and most love that attention at least prior to getting it. So if they want to live a normal life, hate people judging them and want to be out of the spot light thats a decision they make so either way they have to live up to the consequences. Note that there are many musicians that are not celebrities or at least they keep themselves out of the spot light.

And no one is blaming anyone for substance usage, if you know a few that have substance issues i bet that most of them use substances however that does not give them the right to do whatever the hell they feel like doing and being drunk in public and abusing others is something that a normal person would get his ass kicked for, now consider being a celebrity it amplifies the issue several times and thats quite normal too.

We didnt beg scott to become a celebrity to feel sorry for him now, im not even sure why people do feel sorry for him as from my perspective hes been luckier than most of us in life but just keeps on fucking up every oppertunity he gets.

Chase
12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you, I was just about to edit my post to include that.

And thank you for your insightful posts. It's just crazy listening to people criticize Stapp for his personal life... while there are even BIGGER rockstars (whom they admire) that have engaged in all sorts of irresponsible behavior. The main point is that some of the greatest musicians of all time have had their fair share of problems and addictions (and have done all sorts of immoral things). There's a distinctive line drawn between their personal lives and their music.

It's fine to disagree with Stapp's actions. Most of us here do. However, a lot of what you guys are doing is 1. Playing off the media perception as Scott being a Bible thumper (which he isn't) and 2. Twisting around Christianity by essentially saying that if Stapp was a Christian, he wouldn't indulge in sinful behavior.

Well... guess what? Stapp is human... just like everyone else. He has some negative parts to his PERSONALITY. But for you guys to call his behavior "immoral" and then in return listen to musicians who were into illegal drug use and would worship pagan gods... is completely hypocritical.

uncertaindrumer
12-05-2005, 04:05 PM

First off, I have never bought a Led Zeppelin CD, and second...

Hmmm. You're right. lol

uncertaindrumer
12-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Although I would add something else if I had the time...

sina2b
12-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I dont think anyone should care if any musician is doing drugs or not, most of them are and thats just the lifestyle they have, they have a career that revolves around, drugs, partying and getting more and more creative with whatever the hell they can get their hands on. However as Ive said this before, doing drugs or alchohol or any other thing in that nature does not give anyone the right to do whatever the hell they want. If you cant handle it Don't do it.

Chase
12-05-2005, 04:49 PM
First off, I have never bought a Led Zeppelin CD, and second...

Hmmm. You're right. lol

You have never bought a Led Zeppelin CD? Or a Hendrix? Or Rolling Stones, Or The Doors, or The Beatles... or any other rock act from the 1960s-1970s?

Chase
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
I dont think anyone should care if any musician is doing drugs or not, most of them are and thats just the lifestyle they have, they have a career that revolves around, drugs, partying and getting more and more creative with whatever the hell they can get their hands on. However as Ive said this before, doing drugs or alchohol or any other thing in that nature does not give anyone the right to do whatever the hell they want. If you cant handle it Don't do it.

Most of them can't handle it... that's why a lot of them die young. I mean... substance abuse killed (in one way or another) Cobain, Layne Staley, Jeff Buckley, Hendrix, Jim Morrison... and countless others. So far, it looks like Stapp has handled drugs, booze, and partying relatively well compared to some of those guys.

Nothing gives "anyone the right the right to do whatever the hell they want," but there have been musicians have done some stuff that would make Stapp look like a choir boy. Yet, it's Stapp that seems to always be put under the spotlight. He's a struggling Christian... everyone knows that. As am I... and millions of other people. I don't see why you guys have a fit everytime he makes a mistake... how does that affect the music he makes? Everyone makes mistakes... and pretty much every rock musician also does. You want trouble free, G-rated music created by G-rated musicians? Go listen to a Hanson record...

Russell Crowe beat the crap out of a hotel worker this year for no reason... but that doesn't mean that Gladiator wasn't a good movie.

Ana4Stapp
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
thats obsession is envolved in being a celebrity, and thats why they are celebrities and famous because they get alot of freakin attention and most love that attention at least prior to getting it. So if they want to live a normal life, hate people judging them and want to be out of the spot light thats a decision they make so either way they have to live up to the consequences. Note that there are many musicians that are not celebrities or at least they keep themselves out of the spot light.

And no one is blaming anyone for substance usage, if you know a few that have substance issues i bet that most of them use substances however that does not give them the right to do whatever the hell they feel like doing and being drunk in public and abusing others is something that a normal person would get his ass kicked for, now consider being a celebrity it amplifies the issue several times and thats quite normal too.

We didnt beg scott to become a celebrity to feel sorry for him now, im not even sure why people do feel sorry for him as from my perspective hes been luckier than most of us in life but just keeps on fucking up every oppertunity he gets.

You couldn't have said it any better... Loved your post ;)

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
actually... didn't Jeff Buckley die after drowning in the river? I never knew it was drug related

sina2b
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Most of them can't handle it... that's why a lot of them die young. I mean... substance abuse killed (in one way or another) Cobain, Layne Staley, Jeff Buckley, Hendrix, Jim Morrison... and countless others. So far, it looks like Stapp has handled drugs, booze, and partying relatively well compared to some of those guys.

Nothing gives "anyone the right the right to do whatever the hell they want," but there have been musicians have done some stuff that would make Stapp look like a choir boy. Yet, it's Stapp that seems to always be put under the spotlight. He's a struggling Christian... everyone knows that. As am I... and millions of other people. I don't see why you guys have a fit everytime he makes a mistake... how does that affect the music he makes? Everyone makes mistakes... and pretty much every rock musician also does. You want trouble free, G-rated music created by G-rated musicians? Go listen to a Hanson record...

Russell Crowe beat the crap out of a hotel worker this year for no reason... but that doesn't mean that Gladiator wasn't a good movie.

those are all medical aspects and side effects of drugs which one chooses to get high rather than living a normal and healthy life, thats up to the person doing it and how long he lives is also his decision and is not effecting people in a negative way. What I mean by the word "handle" means that as long as it doesnt effect the people around them in a negative way theyre all mature and talented people and can make the right decision hopefully, however if it does effect others thats when "other people" are allowed to step in, judge and take part in the issue.

As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Russell Crowe is an actor, hes getting paid to be something hes really not. Scott is making music from his heart and his experiences which all seem to be BS, he just knows how to write well and none are inspired from himself. And top of all, this being a foot note and not related to his personality; he is no where near Jim Morison or COBAIN as far as the music goes; if he was a true genius in that sence it might have covered for all the shit that he has going on right now, but thats not the case at all.

evyllsummer
12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
actually... didn't Jeff Buckley die after drowning in the river? I never knew it was drug related

yeah, that wasn't substance related...he essentially died because he made a bad decision...he was swimming in the harbor at night and wasn't a good enough swimmer to get out of the way of a boat that was bearing down on him...the boat driver didn't see him...the autopsy revealed that, at the time of death, he had NO alcohol or ANY OTHER drug in his system...

Chase
12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah, that wasn't substance related...he essentially died because he made a bad decision...he was swimming in the harbor at night and wasn't a good enough swimmer to get out of the way of a boat that was bearing down on him...the boat driver didn't see him...the autopsy revealed that, at the time of death, he had NO alcohol or ANY OTHER drug in his system...

I did hear that alcohol may have played apart in his death. But I shouldn't have mentioned his name because of conflicting reason behind his decision.

evyllsummer
12-06-2005, 01:38 AM
I did hear that alcohol may have played apart in his death. But I shouldn't have mentioned his name because of conflicting reason behind his decision.

I actually assumed that he had probably had a few drinks as well, but I looked it up...nada...

ctfan
12-06-2005, 02:01 AM
those are all medical aspects and side effects of drugs which one chooses to get high rather than living a normal and healthy life, thats up to the person doing it and how long he lives is also his decision and is not effecting people in a negative way. What I mean by the word "handle" means that as long as it doesnt effect the people around them in a negative way theyre all mature and talented people and can make the right decision hopefully, however if it does effect others thats when "other people" are allowed to step in, judge and take part in the issue.

As for the other abnormal behavior you see from other "ROCKSTARS" ive said this before, None of them are trying to portray themselves as the best thing happening to this planet since jesus. As far as I know most of them imply that we are assholes but we make good music and people are buying it so shutup and u have to like us too (thats their attitude) and were proud of being an asshole btw. BUT that is very different from someone who is constantly speaking about love, god, religion and how hes changed and how he looks at the world differently and is trying to show others the "PATH" as well. Thats all BS and if I buy it that makes ME an idiot and Scott a good Sales Person; which hes not at all, cause everyone is starting to know or allready knows that hes fake.

Russell Crowe is an actor, hes getting paid to be something hes really not. Scott is making music from his heart and his experiences which all seem to be BS, he just knows how to write well and none are inspired from himself. And top of all, this being a foot note and not related to his personality; he is no where near Jim Morison or COBAIN as far as the music goes; if he was a true genius in that sence it might have covered for all the shit that he has going on right now, but thats not the case at all.

Wow, you act as if Stapp owes you money or something. Jeez, just let it go man. Stapp isn't begging you to believe what he's saying, or to read/listen to articles/interviews, he's not even asking you to buy his music or attend his shows. He's not said he was better than you, or that he was the best thing happening since Jesus either. Dudes just a freakin man that isn't shoving himself at you or anybody else.

Just as you say he's chosen his life as a musician, you've chosen to read everything you can get your hands on about the guy to come to your opinions. Dude, if it bothers you that much that you seem to have taken everything the man has said as personal, and you feel compelled to go on and on in every thread here in this forum, maybe you just need to quit reading what the guy has to say, and move on.

This one man mission you seem to be on, won't change my opinion of Stapp.

sina2b
12-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Wow, you act as if Stapp owes you money or something. Jeez, just let it go man. Stapp isn't begging you to believe what he's saying, or to read/listen to articles/interviews, he's not even asking you to buy his music or attend his shows. He's not said he was better than you, or that he was the best thing happening since Jesus either. Dudes just a freakin man that isn't shoving himself at you or anybody else.

Just as you say he's chosen his life as a musician, you've chosen to read everything you can get your hands on about the guy to come to your opinions. Dude, if it bothers you that much that you seem to have taken everything the man has said as personal, and you feel compelled to go on and on in every thread here in this forum, maybe you just need to quit reading what the guy has to say, and move on.

I wouldnt mind getting my $12 back for wethered, but what da hell :)

Sir the reason i post here isnt that I admire stapp so much to do so, i just realize that there are some people here worth talking to such as yourself. I just like to keep myself busy so I rather have an intelligent conversation rather than watching reruns. and I dont get offended by any negative posts towards myself, but when I see stupidity from intelligent people that does bother me a bit, thats all.

Ana4Stapp
12-06-2005, 04:43 AM

Did he act out this stupidity right after releasing his first movie? :rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
12-06-2005, 04:55 AM

Definitely my point ;)

Robin101
12-06-2005, 10:10 AM

I agree. Stapp doesn't owe anyone anything. Some people seem to have this belief that musicians, sportsman, actors etc owe them something because we buy their CD's, watch them perform and see their movies, thus giving them financial freedom and fame.

I see it this way. For the price of a CD, a ticket or cinema admission we get an emotional reward - how many people live for 'their' team, band etc. In return, that person gets a financial reward.

What's more important, happiness or money?

Take Care

Chase
12-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Did he act out this stupidity right after releasing his first movie? :rolleyes:

Nope... after releasing his last hit... "Cinderella Man."

uncertaindrumer
12-07-2005, 10:03 AM
You have never bought a Led Zeppelin CD? Or a Hendrix? Or Rolling Stones, Or The Doors, or The Beatles... or any other rock act from the 1960s-1970s?

I've never bought a CD almost period. The only ones I buy are jazz and blues CD's... All my rock classics I just burned.

uncertaindrumer
12-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Nope... after releasing his last hit... "Cinderella Man."

He didn't "beat the crap" out of him, he threw a phone at him. And there is a BIG difference from an isolated incident and a history of doing the same crpa over and over again.

IamFilthy
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM

wow,...I couldn't agree with you more! When has Scott ever said that he was some Christ-Like Super Christian..??His critics(pretty much everyone here) hands him that label and expects miracles from the man. He's a Christian,..and like ANY Christian,..they are gonna mess up once in a while.

Ana4Stapp
12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
He didn't "beat the crap" out of him, he threw a phone at him. And there is a BIG difference from an isolated incident and a history of doing the same crpa over and over again.

Yeah, you definitely got my point here. ;)

Chase
12-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Kind of funny who you'll crucify the hell out of Stapp for everything he does... but you'll belittle the situations of others. The man sued Crowe big time because he was assaulted. And Crowe does have a history.

Chase
12-08-2005, 01:13 AM
I've never bought a CD almost period. The only ones I buy are jazz and blues CD's... All my rock classics I just burned.

Alright, so now not only is drug use part of your morale... stealing is also.

sina2b
12-08-2005, 01:34 AM

and I thought you guys dont like judging people.

Chase
12-08-2005, 01:37 AM
and I thought you guys dont like judging people.

"You guys?" You mean Italians? We judge everybody.

Ana4Stapp
12-08-2005, 03:24 AM

wow!

Here we go... :D

PS: As for the 'burning' stuff Chase, u know guys who dont do it? :rolleyes: I am curious...lol

facelessmike
12-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Wow, this thread has really gone to hell ;)

evyllsummer
12-08-2005, 07:45 AM
"You guys?" You mean Italians? We judge everybody.

LOL...