Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"No 'Jingle Bells' from Scott Stapp, thank goodness" [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "No 'Jingle Bells' from Scott Stapp, thank goodness"

RoffeDH
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Jim Abbot about what he's greatull about, he writes this!

"It's time to count the blessings, so put down that drumstick and think about how good it is that Scott Stapp hasn't done a holiday album yet.

I'm grateful for that."

Read the hole piece with this link http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/music/orl-abbott2505nov25,0,3102337.column?coll=orl-calmusictop

I must agree with him on this note... But that might just be 'couse I hate hollidayspecial CDs that artists do... ;)

titan9
11-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Heh, knowing Wind-Up.....I wouldn't count on him NOT doing a Holiday album. :laugh:

In all seriousness, Abbot is a known Creed/Stapp hater, so I really don't pay any attention to what he says.

RoffeDH
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah... WU might just make him do it ;)

Okey, didn't know that!

Robin101
11-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Here's the track listing for the Christmas Album! :D

1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
2. Walking In The Air
3. Let It Snow
4. Mistletoe & Wine
5. White Christmas
6. When A Child Is Born
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Silent Night (acoustic)
9. I saw Mummy Kissing Santa Clause w/Jagger
10. Higher (???)

Who's buying?

titan9
11-26-2005, 04:31 PM
You know what? I'd buy a decent Christmas Rock album. I'm sick of all the Christmas pop stuff; I want some Rock! :D

facelessmike
11-26-2005, 06:25 PM
count me in too!

i wanna hear jingle bell rock, Rock! :xmas:

RoffeDH
11-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Aaaaaaaaah! I hate christmas music anyway so! No! NO! NO!... No christmas album!

Torn Signs
11-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Aaaaaaaaah! I hate christmas music anyway so! No! NO! NO!... No christmas album!

I agree 100%. I love NORMAL music, whether it be alternative or rock. I absoultely HATE it when radio stations go full bown Christmas WEEKS before Christmas. Maybe one week before wouldn't be too bad, but come on, it's very annoying. :mad:

Robin101
11-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree 100%. I love NORMAL music, whether it be alternative or rock. I absoultely HATE it when radio stations go full bown Christmas WEEKS before Christmas. Maybe one week before wouldn't be too bad, but come on, it's very annoying. :mad:

I agree!

'I've got my eyes locked on the main culprit - Cliff Richard - I'm gonna shoot!'

Steve
11-27-2005, 03:22 PM
You know what? I'd buy a decent Christmas Rock album. I'm sick of all the Christmas pop stuff; I want some Rock! :D

See Trans-Siberian Orchestra (http://www.trans-siberian.com)

Robin101
11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
:D :jam:

titan9
11-27-2005, 04:47 PM
See Trans-Siberian Orchestra (http://www.trans-siberian.com)

I want some rock with vocals, though. I think that's instrumental stuff, right? My dad likes them. :laugh:

Ana4Stapp
11-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I really like Christmas, but the songs on radio...I cant stand them...every year djs here love playing John Lennon - Happy Xmas...again and again and again... :rolleyes:

facelessmike
11-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I absoultely HATE it when radio stations go full bown Christmas WEEKS before Christmas. Maybe one week before wouldn't be too bad, but come on, it's very annoying. :mad:

Exactly - And they always stop and return to regular music at midnight on Chistmas after playing it since the middle of November! :mad:

Rocketqueen
11-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I Hate Xmas music as well always did except for rudolph the red nose reindear poor lit dude

RMadd
11-28-2005, 01:03 AM
i love christmas music!

RoffeDH
11-28-2005, 04:18 AM
You'r alone ;)

RoffeDH
11-28-2005, 04:25 AM
tought I start a new thread but desided otherwhise... So I'll just post it here...

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/369468p-313951c.html

I must agree!

facelessmike
11-28-2005, 06:33 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/369468p-313951c.html

That writer is obviously no fan of Creed...

"The other musicians went on to form Alter Bridge, which released a son-of-Creed, mock-grunge album last year."

ODR is not the son of Creed.

"his alleged desire to give himself over entirely to the old band's covert connection to Christian rock."

There is less Christian imagery in TGD than I expected, really only in the title track.

"painting himself as the Mel Gibson of music."

That's a little dramatic.

"Preaching like this should test the faith of even Creed's most devout fans."

I dont think that any real Creed fan would not like this album.

:mad1: :wtf: :mad1:

RoffeDH
11-28-2005, 06:50 AM
I don't like the album... And I was a diehard creedfan...
But yeah... He shure don't know what he's talking about!

rabidgopher04
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually, I was always kind of hoping that Creed would put one out back in the day because it would have been cool to have a good rock Christmas album. Too late now, but I guess they could always do it with Stapp and his band.

RoffeDH
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
WHAT! NO!!! How would that have sounded! A CREED album with ONLY christmas music! Would have sucked! If Stapp will do ONE song for a christmas record them... PERHAPS. BUT NO!
(no offence)

titan9
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
That writer is obviously no fan of Creed...

"The other musicians went on to form Alter Bridge, which released a son-of-Creed, mock-grunge album last year."

ODR is not the son of Creed.

"his alleged desire to give himself over entirely to the old band's covert connection to Christian rock."

There is less Christian imagery in TGD than I expected, really only in the title track.

"painting himself as the Mel Gibson of music."

That's a little dramatic.

"Preaching like this should test the faith of even Creed's most devout fans."

I dont think that any real Creed fan would not like this album.

:mad1: :wtf: :mad1:

I hate "journalists" that don't do their research and thus don't know what they are talking about. It reminds me of an Alter Bridge concert review by a local newspaper. Alter Bridge did a show at a local venue(The Machine Shop) and this dude did a review of it in my local newspaper. His review was the biggest piece of nonsense I've ever read; he compared Myles to a cheap version of Stapp and compared Stapp to a cheap version of Eddie Vedder. :wtf: How in the heck does Myles sound/look-like Stapp? Worse, he ran down Alter Bridge's music and I think compared it to a cheap version of Creed, calling it "Creed version 2". Again, what the heck? Alter Bridge's stuff is, for the most part, different from Creed's. And even if they were similar, what do you expect? AB only has 3/4 of the original Creed! I wanted to bash my head in the wall after reading that review. I was just disgusted with it. :mad:

ctfan
12-02-2005, 01:20 AM
I love Christmas music! The classics, like Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Dean Martin...etc.

:)