Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Great Divide -- Your Thoughts [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Great Divide -- Your Thoughts

Higher_Desire
11-23-2005, 05:54 PM
first of all, i know it's been forever since i've been here, but i've been keeping up with alter bridge at stapp and bought the album yesterday when it came out. personally, i really like the album. i love the lyrics of surround me, sublime, and broken, and the sounds of reach out and fight song. i must say, i am impressed. i didn't know what to expect when i finally heard the album, but it is better than i was expecting.

and i think i figured out what drew me to creed so much. it wasn't only mark's amazing guitar work, but it had a lot to do with scott's writing. i can associate so much with his lyrics. he's a poet. especially stuff like "do you know what it's like to be broken and used, scared and confused? yes i know what it feels like..." it's powerful to me.

H-D :pimp:

tremonti4life04
11-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I work at Circuit City....Between today and yesterday, the stapp cd sold 2 copies...i was laughing my ass off when i saw that.

Dogstar
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
How many does the store have?

I gave it a 4/10. Not impressive, but that's just me.

titan9
11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I like TGD a lot, but I feel that Stapp has a good bit to improve upon with the second CD. It's a good debut, though, and I can honestly say the exact same thing about Alter Bridge's debut. Neither is perfect and both have a good bit to improve upon with the next CD. My favorite tracks from TGD are Hard Way, Broken, Surround Me, You Will Soar, Fight Song and Reach Out. Really, I enjoy every track except Let Me Go(lyrics are too weak) and maybe Sublime. I gave it a 7 out of 10, and I stick by that.

As for it only selling two copies at that store, I've heard different things from different people. A lot of people on PBF have gone to the store and most of the copies have been sold. I went to Kmart yesterday, and they had 5 copies left, I think. From everything I've heard, it is thus far selling pretty good, but it is way too early to make any sort of projection. However, I stick by my projection that it'll sell at least 200,000 copies in the first week. It's gotten so much promotion and there still seems to be enough people still interested in Stapp and his music. Still, I cannot wait until next Thursday to see the actual numbers.

Xterminator27
11-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Mayby its just me, but I like Rammstein's lyrics better.

1st reason, they are in german so I dont have a clue what hes saying.
2nd reason, when I translate them, I get inspiring songs such as "hermaphrodite" and "I love you whore"

tremonti4life04
11-24-2005, 01:27 AM
The store got 66 copies of the album, today, i just checked again, still standing at a firm 64.

Dogstar
11-24-2005, 03:43 AM
Wow!

Mr. Prophet Man
11-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I like it, good solo effort

The Lithium
11-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I think the album is quite decent, but my question is: Will he continue as a solo artist? Does he have enough ideas for his next CD?

titan9
11-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I think he does, and I hope he improves upon the stuff on this album. I feel the same way about Alter Bridge. Both came out with good debuts, but both have a good bit to improve.