Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
stapp on vh1 albums its listed as number 1 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : stapp on vh1 albums its listed as number 1

INDIGOSTEVE
11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
this is great all though not sure what it means?

sina2b
11-23-2005, 02:06 PM
this is great all though not sure what it means?

it means that windup is doing a good job in promoting the album and theyre investing on it.

titan9
11-23-2005, 02:37 PM
It also means that a good deal of people are buying it. People on PBF have been saying that they have gone to their local retail store, and in a lot of cases, most of the copies have sold.

WU is doing a stellar job of promoting Stapp, but ultimately, people still need to buy it in order to rank high on a top selling album chart. Promotion is only part of the equation.

sina2b
11-23-2005, 02:44 PM
It also means that a good deal of people are buying it. People on PBF have been saying that they have gone to their local retail store, and in a lot of cases, most of the copies have sold.

WU is doing a stellar job of promoting Stapp, but ultimately, people still need to buy it in order to rank high on a top selling album chart. Promotion is only part of the equation.

well thats what it should mean, but I dont think VH1 gets the number of sold albums that fast. Right now hes not even on the top list of ITUNES which is more trustable since they are their own source. If he sold lots of albums yesterday, downloads should have relatively been high on itunes which doesnt seem to be the case, at least for now. and/or Itunes would have been promoting him if they had seen potential according to yesterdays sales.

titan9
11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
He was high on the iTunes list yesterday-I believe around number 5. He's steadily climbing on Amazon as well.

TeriB19
11-23-2005, 09:17 PM
I wish Wind Up would've put as much effort into promoting Submersed as they have with Stapp's solo stuff. Those guys deserve more.

Dogstar
11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
WORD! And AB.

titan9
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree, I wish they would have promoted Submersed and Alter Bridge more. But you know who got ZERO promotion and really deserves a lot? A little band called 12 Stones. At least Submersed were promoted enough to get their stuff played on rock radio. Can't say the same for my favorite band.

eusebioCBR
11-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I wish Wind Up would've put as much effort into promoting Submersed as they have with Stapp's solo stuff. Those guys deserve more.
DITTO, I saw Submersed open for Alter Bridge :jam:

RoffeDH
11-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Must have been great... Actualy fun to hear that it goes so well for Stapp...

SummerGirl
11-24-2005, 08:23 AM
It also means that a good deal of people are buying it. People on PBF have been saying that they have gone to their local retail store, and in a lot of cases, most of the copies have sold. At this point though, the sales are based on the pre-ordered stock copies that retailers offer on release dates...it will be a few months before the true numbers start rolling in...those of the re-order variety...this album will be successful, so don't worry...

stappissohot
11-26-2005, 02:43 PM
And on Itunes on the rock section he has the number three rock album on Itunes, I bought it the day it came out at Wal Mart and there were only three left so I'm guessing it's doing well, I think Submersed SHOULD have gotten more, but AB nah, mediocre, nothing special, no offense AB fans but the truth isn't pretty....

uncertaindrumer
11-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I agree, I wish they would have promoted Submersed and Alter Bridge more. But you know who got ZERO promotion and really deserves a lot? A little band called 12 Stones. At least Submersed were promoted enough to get their stuff played on rock radio. Can't say the same for my favorite band.
Wow, you like 12 Stones more than anyone else? Interesting...

Anyway, Stapp being number 1 on VH1 means very little the fact that he is #5 on Itunes (if true) means quite a bit more.

titan9
11-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Yes, because 12 Stones had a huge impact on me. I absolutely love their first album(not so much the second). I guess part of it could be a sentimental thing. I'll always be grateful for the music they have given me and other fans. Plus, I help run the top 12 Stones fan site, so that probably plays a role in me liking them so much. :laugh: